Biggest pet peeves...

killigraphy

1 hour ago, CaptainLupis said:

Is it really inefficient? Remember it takes time to use insps, time where I am not attacking, so using insps I don't need is just slowing me down.

lol.

not sure you’re playing the same game the rest of us are if you think it takes a notable amount of time to use insps

4 hours ago, Lines said:

Guilty, but I literally just forget.

Its likely this simple dif in play style that creates a huge disparity in play for us. Im someone who is almost always running at least dmg cap via reds. I always keep a load of super duals in my email so I can re up even inside mishes if things feel abit too slow for my taste when it comes to killing, and also keep full loads in my ah storage so inbetween doors I can just /ah while flying to the next mish and grab what I need.

For any who read this and then other posts by me that make me sound like I have larger then life characters, it really is because I am often just using inspirations to reach the hard caps. Think how you feel on a team when buffers have you running at caps, that is how players who know how to leverage insps feel even when solo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

Is it really inefficient? Remember it takes time to use insps, time where I am not attacking, so using insps I don't need is just slowing me down.

are you one shotting bosses? Because that is the dif between someone running at max dmg cap and someone who doesnt. The average at level scrapper does a good chunk on a non crit to a boss, but wont treat them as no dif then a minion. If your leveraging reds right, then you will have more constant dmg than a full rage barred brute and the oinly foes that will take more then 1 hit are EBs and that is if the scrapper doesnt crit.

This is how a scrapper stays above a brute, they both have to be at dmg cap, so the scrapper crits can put them ahead. To do that solo demands upping ones inps using skills.

15 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

are you one shotting bosses? Because that is the dif between someone running at max dmg cap and someone who doesnt. The average at level scrapper does a good chunk on a non crit to a boss, but wont treat them as no dif then a minion. If your leveraging reds right, then you will have more constant dmg than a full rage barred brute and the oinly foes that will take more then 1 hit are EBs and that is if the scrapper doesnt crit.

This is how a scrapper stays above a brute, they both have to be at dmg cap, so the scrapper crits can put them ahead. To do that solo demands upping ones inps using skills.

I didn't realise we were solely discussing their use on scrappers.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

2 minutes ago, CaptainLupis said:

I didn't realise we were solely discussing their use on scrappers.

I merely cited scrappers because of the well known long running debate on who is stronger the brute or scrapper. in general for solo play, it will be the brute once they hit their rage stride and can keep it up. Unless both are being buffed to dmg cap, then the scrapper pulls ahead by a huge margin due to their crits.

However being able to one shot bosses at level is for myself and no few other DPS centric players I know our bare standard for what a dps should be doing for single target dmg. But lets just take 2 of the same AT, Whose nuke is going to leave even bosses dead or near dead, the blaster with just a double damage build up? Or the one with that doesnt even need to click build up because he is running at the dmg cap all the time due to inps, and can deliver whole cycles of his dps chains without paying attention to the short buff timer on build up?

For me the bit of prep work needed to always have plenty of inspirations at hand when I want them, outwieghs the hassle of micro managing buffs like build up often. I still keep it in my build obviously for when either I dont want to waste my insps or whatever, but in general its not the use every chance I get buff some others see it as, because for me it often is not adding more dmg since Im at cap.

Again focus on the actual point, when your on a team with buffers, and have all those buffs making you feel godly, for those who use insp to maintain hard caps solo, they just feel like that almost all the time.

2 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

I merely cited scrappers because of the well known long running debate on who is stronger the brute or scrapper. in general for solo play, it will be the brute once they hit their rage stride and can keep it up. Unless both are being buffed to dmg cap, then the scrapper pulls ahead by a huge margin due to their crits.

However being able to one shot bosses at level is for myself and no few other DPS centric players I know our bare standard for what a dps should be doing for single target dmg. But lets just take 2 of the same AT, Whose nuke is going to leave even bosses dead or near dead, the blaster with just a double damage build up? Or the one with that doesnt even need to click build up because he is running at the dmg cap all the time due to inps, and can deliver whole cycles of his dps chains without paying attention to the short buff timer on build up?

For me the bit of prep work needed to always have plenty of inspirations at hand when I want them, outwieghs the hassle of micro managing buffs like build up often. I still keep it in my build obviously for when either I dont want to waste my insps or whatever, but in general its not the use every chance I get buff some others see it as, because for me it often is not adding more dmg since Im at cap.

Again focus on the actual point, when your on a team with buffers, and have all those buffs making you feel godly, for those who use insp to maintain hard caps solo, they just feel like that almost all the time.

I do it on the rare occasions I run a farm, and yes the brute is running at the damage cap for long stretches of it, but to be perfectly honest I find it tedious, even using binds. If it's something you enjoy, and it doesn't annoy you, that's good. It's not like that for me.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

On 7/19/2020 at 4:05 PM, Shocktacular said:

When people use the word "literally" to mean "metaphorically" or "extremely".  The only reason the word "literally" exists is to distinguish a literal statement from a metaphorical statement.  What's the point of even having that word otherwise?

I have a feeling this may be appreciated here:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/like-and-literally-make-a-deal

• Haha 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

10 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Also, people that think it's odd to but plain potato chips in their PB&J.

Well, that is odd.  You should use Prawn Cocktail flavour like a normal person.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

People that want an entire book summarized in 2 words, or a comparison made to a movie they once saw.

Pet peeve #2, using that limited info to proudly claim that they read the book.

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

4 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

This ridiculous statement humoured me, so I did some fun maths to highlight how "inefficient" using inspirations are

The example uses a Claws scrapper cycling through the following three powers, numbers taken from mids (no enhancements for simplicity)

Eviserate - 2.33s cast, 143 dmg

Focus, 1.17s cast, 95 dmg

Slash, 1.33s cast, 90 dmg

Each cycle takes 4.83 seconds and deals 328 damage. It's possible to do this cycle 12.4 times a minute, dealing a total of 4,067 damage a minute

Popping two small red inspirations can be done in around 0.5-0.75 seconds and gives us a 50% boost to damage for 60 seconds, this changes our numbers to:

501 damage a cycle, dealing 6,212 a minute.

Therefore as long as we go through 8.1 cycles in a minute, we'll be dealing more than the non-inspiration damage. This gives us just under 20 seonds to click on two inspirations in order to be quicker than not using insps 😂😂

y u say such silly things?

Edited by MoonSheep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

Well, that is odd.  You should use Prawn Cocktail flavour like a normal person.

Don't knock Prawn Cocktail. Just because John Oliver dissed them on some telly show, it doesn't mean he's right! It might be a packet of nothing but salt and MSG, but it's MY packet of salt and MSG (there are many like it)!

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

24 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Don't knock Prawn Cocktail. Just because John Oliver dissed them on some telly show, it doesn't mean he's right! It might be a packet of nothing but salt and MSG, but it's MY packet of salt and MSG (there are many like it)!

I'm not knocking them!  They're my favourite flavour of crisps, at least since Seabrooks stopped making Tomato Ketchup flavour.  A Prawn Cocktail butty made with a well-buttered floury bap is one of the joys of life.

ETA: Now I have to walk up to the corner shop to see if they have any for sale.

Edited by Grouchybeast
Suddenly hungry.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

38 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Prawn is a little to large. Go with 25-30 count shrimp instead.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

6 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Potato chips on sandwiches.

I am allergic to potato.

And everyone knows that peanut butter and Cheetos is the superior sandwich choice.

😝

No. Peanut butter, honey and bacon. Just make sure the bacon is crisp and mostly free of grease. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I'm not knocking them!  They're my favourite flavour of crisps, at least since Seabrooks stopped making Tomato Ketchup flavour.  A Prawn Cocktail butty made with a well-buttered floury bap is one of the joys of life.

ETA: Now I have to walk up to the corner shop to see if they have any for sale.

Did you ever try Brannigan's Roast Beef and Mustard? That's the ultimate crisp. There is no competition.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.