Am I strange?

On 7/14/2020 at 7:27 PM, roleki said:

I love my Ill/Storm, but I could see where people would pass by while I'm on patrol and think "My goodness, he has absolutely NO control over that mob!" when the reality is, that's just Ill/Storm doing what it does best.

They say "NO control", I say "controlled chaos".  (No, I'm not saying "mischief managed")

21 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

I've made two 'unicorn' characters. (Characters with AT/Power Set combinations that no one had leveled to 50 at the time the devs posted their last "Here's what you guys have made so far-" lists.)

If making oddballs with combinations counter to the current meta is strange? We both are. Along with everyone else who's ever made a Unicorn. (And quite a few of us have, based on the posts in that statistics thread. XD)

Are there still "unicorns" characters, and is there a list somewhere?  I only ask because i created a water/psionic blaster, just to be different, and was surprised at all the "you created what?" reactions, making me think it must be exceptionally rare.  

2 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

"based on classic superheroes?"

I'd say "tangentially and partially inspired by" would be more accurate.  And where's the "???" step before "Profit?"

For shame, Ditko.  For.  Shame.

'Tis a fair cop.

• Thanks 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

4 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

You got a GM to post in your thread.  That's kinda special.

Although, not sure if it counts as "strange."

Naw, that's easy, just go a massive political tirade and.... um.... well.... this might not be a good idea you understand.... 

But you'd probably get a GM to post in your thread.  🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

They say "NO control", I say "controlled chaos".  (No, I'm not saying "mischief managed")

Are there still "unicorns" characters, and is there a list somewhere?  I only ask because i created a water/psionic blaster, just to be different, and was surprised at all the "you created what?" reactions, making me think it must be exceptionally rare.  

There were several combinations that hadn't been done yet as-of the last dev data-dump of character statistics.

I suspect there are far fewer real Unicorns now, since that was back in March and some of us took the list as a challenge. XD 

There were 57 Water/Mental blasters at 50 at the time.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

There were several combinations that hadn't been done yet as-of the last dev data-dump of character statistics.

I suspect there are far fewer real Unicorns now, since that was back in March and some of us took the list as a challenge. XD 

I made a SG called Unicorns Anonymous with the ones I found, but none of them are 50 yet.  Yet.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

6 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:
  1. You play a long-dead MMO based on classic superheroes.
  2. Which exists in defiance of all odds, reason, and financial sense.
  3. Of course you are strange!
  4. Profit!

You are in excellent company!

Welcome home!

Can I call you Steve? You look like a Steve.

Edited by Myrmidon
  • Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I made a SG called Unicorns Anonymous with the ones I found, but none of them are 50 yet.  Yet.

My MA/DA Stalker was a unicorn in the first pass, however, there is another at 50 in the second pass. Can there be a pair of unicorns?

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

10 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

My MA/DA Stalker was a unicorn in the first pass, however, there is another at 50 in the second pass. Can there be a pair of unicorns?

Personal opinion? Anything with less than 10 is rare enough within a population the size of Homecoming's to be counted as a Unicorn. Your odds of seeing one "in the wild" are so seriously low that they might as well be mythical. XD

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

16 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:
  1. You play a long-dead MMO based on classic superheroes.
  2. Which exists in defiance of all odds, reason, and financial sense.
  3. Of course you are strange!
  4. Profit!

You are in excellent company!

Welcome home!

This is what I thought.

Regarding "strange" builds, times change. I played a Grav/Storm back on live when nobody wanted to play Gravity or Storm. Now I run into them all the time because people have realized how awesome they are.

I think you may be able to answer your own question. Are you a stranger? Do faces look ugly when you’re alone? Do women seem wicked when you’re unwanted? Are the streets around you up when you’re down? If you answered yes to all of these questions you are indeed strange. 

• Haha 1

And now I have that song stuck in my head!

Going to have to do Door missions till it goes away!

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

33 minutes ago, Nafsmar said:

I think you may be able to answer your own question. Are you a stranger? Do faces look ugly when you’re alone? Do women seem wicked when you’re unwanted? Are the streets around you up when you’re down? If you answered yes to all of these questions you are indeed strange. 

If you're a master of the Mystical Arts, you might be a Strange...