Grass Flickering

Marine X

If I enter the park I built on top of the base the individual Grass Sections flicker spastically as I move across the area, if I stand still it stops. Also is there a way to install stairs to the above base area? I have the TP beacons and Wormholes set but would like the physical stairs for effect. I can't seem to figure out how to get thru the ceiling.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

That tends to happen if you put the grass plane directly on another surface such as the top of said room. I've seen this happen when moving and looking at flat planes from a bit of a distance. One thing you could do is shift the grass up a little bit (Say 1/4 or 1/2 above the surface you originally placed it) and that should help the texture flickering.

As for stairs from inside-room to outside-base, it can sorta be done but you have to use teleport points. Even if you use "open sky" a character will not be able to pass to and from unfortunately. A lot of bases tend to use doors with teleport points that take you from the inside to out and vice versa.

Edited by KingofMonkeys
  • Like 1

• 1 month later
32 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

This also could be due to the grass plates overlapping each other.

This was the cause of grass flickering issues I had in my base when I first built it. I resolved the issue by using smaller grass tiles that didn't overlap.

• 2 weeks later

Miyuki Gravel, colored green, works quite well for grass and avoids the flickering and lineup issues that the grass surfaces are prone to.   It is also possible to tweak the color to get a better blend-in with hills and trees, which can't be done with the plates.  If you're building a base with conventional floors, it's a lot easier to work with. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291