Soloing Lord Recluse?

aethereal

I'm on a mission to solo all the big name Arachnos AVs.  The ones left in the docket are Scirocco and LR.  I'm pretty sure I can figure out Scirocco, but I have no idea where to begin with the big guy.  His boss summoning seems like a big problem and I don't know how to handle it.  Any tricks here?

I'm an Ice/Bio Stalker.  I'm not completely tricked out yet, and maybe it's just a question of having a T4 Lore pet, but if not I'm not sure where to go.

Are you speaking of the Patron Arcs Recluse or the LRSF?

And if you go with hard stuff to solo i would bring a Warburg nuke for the +150% Dam buff for 5 minutes and the -res for 2 minutes. the Base Buffs and the p2w amplifiers. That change a lot. I do that kind of stuff only when we are going to speedrun and go for personal record times. Also having the incarnates all on T4 is very usefull. The Interface should be the Degenerative for this kind of challenge because the -HP is stronger for Hard single targets.

3 hours ago, Croax said:

Are you speaking of the Patron Arcs Recluse or the LRSF?

And if you go with hard stuff to solo i would bring a Warburg nuke for the +150% Dam buff for 5 minutes and the -res for 2 minutes. the Base Buffs and the p2w amplifiers. That change a lot. I do that kind of stuff only when we are going to speedrun and go for personal record times. Also having the incarnates all on T4 is very usefull. The Interface should be the Degenerative for this kind of challenge because the -HP is stronger for Hard single targets.

Is he different in different places?  I'm just using a mission from Mender Silos that has all of the big five Arachnos AVs available in a single mission (plus Silver Mantis).  It's useful.

I've got Degenerative Interface (albeit only T3 right now), Musculature Alpha (also T3), Vorpal Judgment (T2), Ageless Destiny (T2, which is enough to keep me in Offensive Adaptation indefinitely if I want to be), Warworks Lore (only T2 right now, so I could get pretty big DPS gains), and Assault Hybrid (T1 right now).  So I think of all that as a pretty standard incarnate load-out.  Sorry, I run MacOS Catalina, so I can't use mids and share my build, but I'm not doing anything crazy.  My attack rotation is more or less Assassin's Ice Sword > Freezing Touch > Moonbeam.  That's not actually a tight attack rotation, I'd have to sprinkle in Ice Sword a couple of times if I were just doing that, but between Build Up and my three Bio Armor clickies (and Hasten, and Agelesss Destiny, and so forth), I often end up dropping the Ice Swords and just using my three big hits.  My durability is based on global recharge doctrine: I have perma-Hasten and perma-Ablative Carapace.  My defenses and resists are unimpresssive in comparison -- I'm a little shy of capped S/L resist, and in the 40's on Energy/Neg-Energy/Fire/Cold defense.

1 hour ago, Yoru-hime said:

The Lord Recluse in STF/MLTF is a Level 54 AV buffed to the gills by his towers. Soloing him there would be MUCH tougher than doing it anywhere else.

I mean, to be clear, I'm soloing him as a level 54 AV regardless.  But yes, I'll try to handle him without the towers, I'm not sure I can at all.

Yoru is right. I mixed the LRSF up with the MLTF. That one is very different than any other Recluse. Maybe the RV one is the easiest.

For Warburg nukes look here @Six Six. There is a step by step guide:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Missile_Launch_Mission

What is exactly the Problem you have with Recluse? Your Incarnates seem to be Ok. Do you die? Does the fight take forever because the damage is not enough? Getting some TempPowers was just a generell advice. What happened there to you with Recluse?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aethereal said:

I mean, to be clear, I'm soloing him as a level 54 AV regardless.  But yes, I'll try to handle him without the towers, I'm not sure I can at all.

MLTF Recluse is waaaaaay tougher than a run of the mill 54 AV. Even if you *can* blitz the towers down fast enough, then the repair crews happen and... yeah. Even "just" L54 Recluse anywhere else is gonna be a lot easier than that fight.

19 hours ago, Croax said:

What is exactly the Problem you have with Recluse? Your Incarnates seem to be Ok. Do you die? Does the fight take forever because the damage is not enough? Getting some TempPowers was just a generell advice. What happened there to you with Recluse?

Eventually his summoned bosses add enough to his DPS that he overwhelms my defenses and kills me.  If I kill his summons, I end up just doing that, I barely get a chance to attack Recluse.

A possible way to go would be to get all the buffs you can. Including Super Inspiration, Temporary Powers, Nukes and Amplifiers. Then you ignore the adds and just focus on Recluse. At least i would do it this way. Keep Ice Patch on Coldown, but with defenses eay above 50% there should be no need for it. On prolonged fights it can be usefull to use envenomed daggers and power analyser. You can keep track of recluses regen this way. 

Finally i think the answer is to deal more damage.