I can't believe I got that name!

DoctorDitko

Just goofing around super tired last night I got the name "What The?".   Now I just need to make a costume/build that's so odd that the first reaction others have when they see the toon will be "What the?"!  lol 

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

• 2 weeks later

Arda

aRe

Asee Dsee

Biolence

Bloody Knuckles

Chill Blaze

Circle Back

Doctor Space Cape

Echo Night

First Star

Leaky Johnson

Mana Kin

Mental Wound

Merciful Death

More Humanthan Human

October Rust

Pareidolia

Rosenrot

Shadow Watch

Shock Absorb

Skill Check

Time Alter

Time Revenent

Total Energy

Tr3ndkill

Void Herald

Wicked Syn

Wolf Moon

Wynter Fire

You Essay

• Like 2

I can't believe that no one on my shard thought it would be funny to call a villain "Oh noes".

Well, it's taken now 😄

Edit: And, might I say, the costume randomizer really agreed with the name.

image.png.7d00f2453d0274987fdf7d4a66c059f2.png

Edited by Aeroprism
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2021 at 7:43 AM, Echo Night said:

Leaky Johnson

Well, that was close.  I had a mouthful of coffee when I read that.

4 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

I can't believe that no one on my shard thought it would be funny to call a villain "Oh noes".

Well, it's taken now 😄

Edit: And, might I say, the costume randomizer really agreed with the name.

image.png.7d00f2453d0274987fdf7d4a66c059f2.png

Awesome!  Kind of along the same lines as my "What The?" toon.  Actually, your random costume is even better than the one I deliberately made.  lol.

• Haha 2

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

On 7/16/2020 at 11:38 AM, DoctorDitko said:

Eventually, I give up. The Cerulean Coleopterid just doesn't have the same punch as the Blue Beetle!

I guess Scarlet Scarab was taken, but I guess that ain't blue.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Plus, he was a bad guy on Owlman's Earth!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

CoyoteSib-in-Law made a brightly-colored, circus-themed illusion/time Controller recently... Because she found out that "Send In The Clowns" was available on Everlasting. (Yes, she's using the mirror option for her phantom army. We are, indeed, absolutely up to our eyes in clowns.)

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

4 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

CoyoteSib-in-Law made a brightly-colored, circus-themed illusion/time Controller recently... Because she found out that "Send In The Clowns" was available on Everlasting.

And my memory immediately pinged back to this:

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

CoyoteSib-in-Law made a brightly-colored, circus-themed illusion/time Controller recently... Because she found out that "Send In The Clowns" was available on Everlasting. (Yes, she's using the mirror option for her phantom army. We are, indeed, absolutely up to our eyes in clowns.)

While I'm not using clown based costume, my Illusion Controller, "Kodachrome", does use a wide variety of colors. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 6:09 PM, KauaiJim said:

Well, that was close.  I had a mouthful of coffee when I read that.

I remember when this name hit me. I was in a mission, a cave I think and for whatever reason I thought of creating a pirate and the name instantly came to me. Almost as instant did I laugh at myself for thinking of the name.

• Like 1

As of this evening, I am astonished that in 2 years I am the first person on Excelsior to attempt to name a plant controller Hedge Fund.

Does anyone else hear a phrase or idiom in normal conversation and feel compelled to rush to log in to see if it's free as a character name, or just me?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pyrocumulus said:

As of this evening, I am astonished that in 2 years I am the first person on Excelsior to attempt to name a plant controller Hedge Fund.

Does anyone else hear a phrase or idiom in normal conversation and feel compelled to rush to log in to see if it's free as a character name, or just me?

All the damn time. That was how I got Blind Panic, Radio Silence, and Open Secret.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

Decided to make a Rad/Martial blaster.  Was somewhat surprised that 'Immortal Combat' was not yet taken on Torchbearer. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Scarlet Shocker

she has a Praetorian counterpart too:

Vermillion Volts.

I've always been vaguely surprised that nobody else thought of Spandex Ballet, but the name that got the most comments utilised a suit and a fish head. He's called Reservoir Frog.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

• 4 weeks later

I have no idea how these weren't be in use when I tried them:

Irma Gird - no-one?  NO-ONE TOOK THAT?!  

Titanea - started a Titan Weapons/Energy Aura scrapper and figured I'd at least make a half-hearted attempt at the obvious name.  It was available!  I juggled names to move it to one of my more regularly played characters, one of the Sisters.

Munition - Was listening to kidneythieves' Arsenal, thought, "Hey, that's a really good name for a superhero/villain!", but it was taken.  A little digging through synonyms, Munition.  It's got a nice comic book vibe to it, I think.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I'm always happy when this thread gets bumped up, usually because I've got something to add.

This one I wasn't shocked to get, but it was nice because I really wanted the name.  I've been thinking about making a Rad/Regen scrapper for some time, and was super pleased to get Henrietta Lacks.  Both in terms of theme, and also a tribute.  If you are not familiar with that name, check her out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Lacks

Who run Bartertown?