I can't believe I got that name!

DoctorDitko

1 minute ago, Ultimo said:

I'm aware that glace is ice in French.  However, cannon isn't a word in French (it would be canon, not cannon), so it's kind of a forced expression.

I do get the in-joke, but as I say, it's kind of forced... at least in my view.

*eyeroll*

7 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

I'm aware that glace is ice in French.  However, cannon isn't a word in French (it would be canon, not cannon), so it's kind of a forced expression.

I do get the in-joke, but as I say, it's kind of forced... at least in my view.

(on the other hand, I love his civilian name!)

Hahaha. Yeah. I don't believe you for a second. You were teeing off on me TELLING me what I wanted. And then went on to tell me that I had to "settle."

It's not meant to be "Glass Cannon" like you claimed because you don't know french.  XD

2 hours ago, Psilencer said:

Glace Cannon for my Ice/Ice/Ice blaster.  Might be my favourite name ever.

That's good enough for me!  The only person who counts is you and I'm a little annoyed at anyone who is trying to take away from your fun.

That makes it (counts my alts) my 156th favorite name.

Oops, I just registered Executor of Estate and Heir Apparent on Reunion.  So 158th favorite name.

Who run Bartertown?

I got the name Trash Ghost on Excelsior a few day sago.  And, as someone who contacted me out of the blue when I put out a call for LFG asked, yes he is a Grav.  I mean, how often can you get a chance to use the "trash can logo" chest detail anyway, right?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Some of my recent name grabs on Torch include....

Aquablade - water / ninja blaster

Badness - dual pistols / temporal blaster

Chatter - sonic / ice sentinel

Craze - beast / sonic mastermind

Ditch - earth / earth dominator

Giant Rampage - mace / invul scrapper

Mass Accelerator - gravity / kinetic controller

Milk and Cookies - water / energy blaster

Mister Mojo - gravity / radioactive dominator

Moxy - dual pistols / regen sentinel

Paw - savage / SR scrapper

Power Grab - gravity / psionic dominator

Pragmatic - AR / traps corruptor 

Pretense - claws / regen stalker

Rock Singer - earth / sonic controller

17 hours ago, Psilencer said:

Hahaha. Yeah. I don't believe you for a second. You were teeing off on me TELLING me what I wanted. And then went on to tell me that I had to "settle."

It's not meant to be "Glass Cannon" like you claimed because you don't know french.  XD

I meant no disrespect.  You meant what you meant... but it looks like you meant Glass Cannon.  You've clarified that now, but on first glance, it doesn't look like that.

It's the same when someone suggested I use the name Canadien Shield (using the French word) because I couldn't use Canadian Shield.  It's technically correct, but it LOOKS like a spelling error, or a mistake.  That's all I was saying.

• 2 weeks later

I just got "Surprise Party", but I feel badly about not using it for a stalker.  I may come up with something better for the character, a Dom, and release it.  If so, I'll let you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

25 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I just got "Surprise Party", but I feel badly about not using it for a stalker.  I may come up with something better for the character, a Dom, and release it.  If so, I'll let you know.

can just roll a stalker and shift the name over

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I just got "Surprise Party"

Or a Thugs Mastermind!

Actually this is why we really need a Carnie MM set. I want my Clown Car!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

8 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Actually this is why we really need a Carnie MM set. I want my Clown Car!

I want [A Peeling], where your clown MM throws banana peels over an aoe and everything slides on it with no inertia(think icy pond effect) with a high chance of falling(and sliding more).

And of course [Cream Pie Toss] and [Flower Squirt].

• Haha 2

What, me worry?

Oh, so much this!

BRB -- "To the Suggestion Poll, chum!"

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 3 weeks later
On 7/6/2021 at 9:29 AM, Gobbledegook said:

I was surprised to get Natural Remedy for a heal/support type. Not actually used it yet so if anyone did really want it, let me know and why you should get it.

Also i recently got Jammy Dodger lol if anyone wanted that also.

Excelsior.

Natural Remedy, that's a Plant/Emp 'troller if I've ever heard one.  You should totally go for it.

2 hours ago, Miss Magical said:

I found out the other day that the good folks on Everlasting somehow let the name American Aegis sit untouched for years!

I was just as surprised when I joined back in March to find that nobody on Everlasting had taken Annie Matter the name of an old Rad/Rad Corruptor I had on Virtue.  It's such an obvious pun.  I have several variants of this toon with different AT/powers and also scored Annie Proton and Annie Social for them.  Weird.

• Like 1

• 2 months later

Surprisingly, especially on Everlasting... "Patty Melt" was free. >.> :)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I was never the biggest Stones fan, but I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to grab Street Fighting Man for my martial arts stalker.  Might have been better for Street Justice, but I comporomised and rolled Street Fighting Girl (woman made the name too long) as a SJ/SR scrapper.

Formerly of Guardian server, my global was @Panzer Saint.

Outsmart and Damage Cap are the last two I think really surprised me. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I just got Ogre-powered and I'm worried I'm stealing an ingame name a bit.

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

Don't sweat it, Rosencrantz! The Devs are fine with in-game allusions, pretty forgiving of in-game parodies, and will smash you with the Hammer of Justice if you call yourself "GM Kaiju."

In other news, Torchbearer now has a freshly-minted Lady Mondegreen!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2021 at 1:23 PM, GuardianSaint said:

Street Fighting Girl (woman made the name too long)

With no spaces in the name woman would fit.  Just keep each word capitalized and people will be able to easily read it.  Your preference of course for removing spaces to fit more words.  There should be room for 1 space - StreetFighting Woman is 20 characters. 

• Thumbs Up 1