I can't believe I got that name!

DoctorDitko

Just got Fusion Burn on Everlasting for a rad/fire brute 🙂

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

• 1 month later
4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

With the new Seismic Blast set, I was super happy to get Schist Storm

Meanwhile, I got Holy Schist.

Also, thanks to the way I always misread a friend's comment, I now have Electric Pagan.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 5 months later

I was pretty shocked to get Tank and Spank on Torchbearer last week. (Doubly funny because I've been running Tamk amd Spamk (he filled in his superhero registration using cursive) on the same server, having just assumed the "original" would have been taken).

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

I got Ground Squirrel for a kin/stone. I'm well pleased.

• Like 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

I was tickled to get a couple of nice names on Torch:

Rocketed from a distant planet, young L'kell was blasted by cosmic rays en route to earth. Landing, he was adopted by a kindly couple who were caretakers at a secret monastery. They raised him to believe in truth and justice, but were murdered by evil ninjas. The sympathetic monks trained him to the peak of physical prowess, but he was restless and decided to seek his fortune at sea. His ship was hijacked by pirates, but he learned their ways, rose in their ranks, and eventually retired to Paragon City, where he was bitten by a radioactive superhero. An attempted cure infused him with a super-soldier formula, causing a latent mutation to manifest. Donning a costume inspired by his father's pyjamas, he became the hero known as...
Contrived Origin Man!

Dr. Peter Ferguson came from a long line of scientists, and he planned to do them proud. He knew it was risky, but decided to test his time machine on himself.
Unfortunately, a missed decimal point sent him not to the time of the dinosaurs, but to the age of lava and lightning. As his machine burned, he did the only thing he could, and hit the emergency stasis button.
That interacted with the primal elements in a unique reaction, and he found himself locked in stasis, covered in lava, but still alive and conscious.
He had to take the long way home.
In the last 3 billion years, he has learned to be very patient, to control the time warp he had absorbed, and to use his lava-infused body as a weapon.
He has long since given up on finding a cure for his condition, and settled for fighting crime in Paragon City as Geologic Time!

• Like 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I just got Bacchanalia, which was a surprise.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

TL;DR: I got names out the wazzoo, so skip if you just don't wanna read it, it's cool, carry on.

So this is a topic I didn't know about, and so at this late date, my post will be long because I wanna talk a lil' story about it.  Sorry in advance.  These are all on Excelsior, btw.

That I got the following mains in after getting a late start 'round here was really nifty and surprising:

Ruby, Cerise and Rose Dawn, the Dawn sisters.  Figured one would be gone, but nope.

Thing of Bigness.  Surprised at that not being taken.

Nuclear Tigress.  Very surprised at that.  I mean, it's just a great name, you ask me.

Brawling Humiliator.  Kinda figured someone would just do that, but yay.

Endolith.  I really honestly thought one of y'all would get that.

Couldn't get these mains:

Chillsea.  Which is fine, I made Anu Moana which means 'cold ocean' in Hawaiian.  Or close enough I hope.

Throw Stuff.  So instead I got Throws Stuff About.  Works for me.

My new creations that surprised me were these:

The Dependent.  Imagine what that's about, but yeah, nobody?  K. 🙂

Frequency Kenneth.  I mean, that REM song, and... it's not taken? Nifty.

The Tase.  I figured someone with electrics would get this... no?  Ok, I'll have it.

Kneesweeper.  I would have thought this was a given for a martial arts character.

So there ya go.  My lil' list.  Of course, getting 'Moo Goshdarnit', 'Crabtabulous', 'Glean' and 'Firesticks' were somewhat surprising too.  But then I'm always pleasantly surprised when I come up with something appropriate and it happens to be available!

Yes, I rotate through them all, they get used.  Different wants/needs different days, yes?  *nods with altitis issues...*

Sorry again for the long, and thanks for readin' if you did!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got Fun and Games the other day!

She's going to be my ticket collector in AE

• Thumbs Up 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

I cant even get my own original names used for RpGS across the decades! Then I scroll through my character list and see "oh I do have that name already!" And add a surname to the unplayed character and take my name back on the fresh character 😛

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2022 at 6:38 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

I just got Bacchanalia, which was a surprise.

I ended up changing this one for a different name so if anyone wants its on Excelsior, go for it!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 7/3/2021 at 12:06 PM, JerBrewski said:

Quite pleased getting Soilent Green for my Plant/Thorn dominator.  Overall I think its my favorite concept for a toon.

It's made out of PEOPLE!!!!

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Most of my names are so weird I don't usually have a problem, but some of them I was surprised were not taken:

Roly Poly Fish Head

Mayochup

Decomposing Composer (Necro MM)

Linda Honey

Bruised Criminal (Ill troller)

Miracle Grow (Plant Kin troller)

Capo de Tutti Capo

UFrO

• Thumbs Up 1

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

A couple of my favorite cattle-based characters on Indom,

My Plant/TA Controller: Bow-Vine (honestly shocked when that was available)

My Warshade that didn't quite understand about merging with a willing host after escaping the Nictus: Udder Misteak

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Herah said:

Capo de Tutti Capo

For this one, it's likely because it's 'Capo di tutti capi' (Boss of all [the] bosses). More correctly as 'capo di tutti i capi', and also 'capo dei capi'.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Like 1