I can't believe I got that name!

DoctorDitko

Well, I'm tickled pink that I managed to get (The) Mighty Mini for my minitaur FA/Energy Melee Tanker.

o6o48sl.png

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Watched the Firefly 10th Anniversary documentary on Youtube.

Sigh. Sorry, something in my eye...

But I was inspired to make a Mal type character. (Decided on a Dual Pistol/Devices blaster)

On Torch, Captain Tightpants was taken -- of course!

(Didn't feel like checking for Captain No-pants.)

But I got Captain Browncoat, no problem.

I'll take it!

Can't stop the signal!

• Like 3

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Managed to get the name Cairn.  Pretty excited!

On 7/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, DoctorDitko said:

But recently I made a tiger-themed scrapper, and just for fun tried Apex Predator -- and now he's mine!

On Torchbearer. Tremble, villains of Torchbearer! The Apex Predator is on the prowl!

I'm kinda shocked it took that long for someone to grab that name! I was using it there for my main dude around launch until the devs made server transfers available.

• Like 1

A year and a half into this, and I  just got "Ebony Archer" on Excelsior.  Are people even trying?  And I've been on a sentinel jag lately, so she might be  either defender or corrupter.  And yes, her back story is she's Abbiejean Kane-Archer, all grown up and fighting crime 🙂

I wanted to make a lumbering oaf of a Bio/energy melee tanker (sort of Swamp Thing meets Solomon Grundy) villain and was crushed, CRUSHED that Lummox was already taken.  So I went to Archon Roget’s thesaurus. And I’m so much happier with:

Stumblebum

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

On 9/29/2020 at 5:33 AM, Ukase said:

I just made Buff Daddy on Excelsior. "I like big buffs and I cannot lie"

I got the name "Buff" on Excelsior not too long ago.  Was surprised.  Also got "Arrest".  However not sure I'm going to make a police themed toon.  I already have a mace toon named Roman Helmet.  He's purple.  He's a purple headed warrior.

Naming toons is my favorite part of the game.  The other part of the challenge is to see how many I get to keep.

Edit: RIP Enormous Genitals.  That certainly comes across wrong but previously I posted that I *had* that toon name.  He's gone now.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by fitzsimmons
  • Haha 1

Because I am STUPIDLY proud of this name, and shocked as hell that it was free. . . my new earth/earth Dominator. . . .

Cupquake

1969976517_Screenshot(454).thumb.png.e37771cd953fa922764d6383e2ac3a81.png261217158_Screenshot(451).thumb.png.c8b8b028053590df97ed85273e234ffd.png

In game bio:

Ugh, this is SO STUPID. Fine, whatev. 

Well, daddy calls me 'Cupcake,' because I'm so sweet! Ugh, fine, my name is Rosalind Carlyle. Yes, THOSE Carlyles. So you know who daddy is, and, like, you are still risking your job by interrogating me? Your funeral. 

NO, I am NOT threatening you! Gah, why are you taking everything so literal? Just ask your stupid questions so I can leave. I have a mani-pedi in, like, half an hour. 

So, like, I have no idea how that building collapsed. But this part of the city is so cheaply-made, it was only a matter of time. Not like anyone who mattered was inside, anyway, except for me. I'm the victim, if anyth- What? No, it wasn't me. IT WASN'T ME! SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE, IT WASN'T ME!  

No, I did NOT feel the ground shake just now! SHUT UP I AM CALM! 

[Record truncated: audio file damaged by building collapse.]

Spoiled little rich girl who's anger stimulates seismic activity. Got cut off from Daddy's money because she "accidentally" killed a few people when she through a literally earth-shaking tantrum when she was caught shoplifting. Refuses to give up her extravagant lifestyle, and so has turned to for-hire villainy.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Hexquisite said:

Because I am STUPIDLY proud of this name, and shocked as hell that it was free. . . my new earth/earth Dominator. . . .

Cupquake

1969976517_Screenshot(454).thumb.png.e37771cd953fa922764d6383e2ac3a81.png261217158_Screenshot(451).thumb.png.c8b8b028053590df97ed85273e234ffd.png

In game bio:

Ugh, this is SO STUPID. Fine, whatev. 

Well, daddy calls me 'Cupcake,' because I'm so sweet! Ugh, fine, my name is Rosalind Carlyle. Yes, THOSE Carlyles. So you know who daddy is, and, like, you are still risking your job by interrogating me? Your funeral. 

NO, I am NOT threatening you! Gah, why are you taking everything so literal? Just ask your stupid questions so I can leave. I have a mani-pedi in, like, half an hour. 

So, like, I have no idea how that building collapsed. But this part of the city is so cheaply-made, it was only a matter of time. Not like anyone who mattered was inside, anyway, except for me. I'm the victim, if anyth- What? No, it wasn't me. IT WASN'T ME! SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE, IT WASN'T ME!  

No, I did NOT feel the ground shake just now! SHUT UP I AM CALM! 

[Record truncated: audio file damaged by building collapse.]

Spoiled little rich girl who's anger stimulates seismic activity. Got cut off from Daddy's money because she "accidentally" killed a few people when she through a literally earth-shaking tantrum when she was caught shoplifting. Refuses to give up her extravagant lifestyle, and so has turned to for-hire villainy.

This is brilliant.

Me and my friends mostly play together, but we always stop to read player backgrounds when we meet others. (In Atlas Park this can be a major slowdown).

We try to have backgrounds on all our characters, some better than others. If we would encounter you in game, we would have a little celebration and try to applaud you.

I love creative characters and backgrounds like this.

On topic: When I joined again last May, about a year after Homecoming went live, I had hoped to still be able to re-create all my old characters, that I had diligently saved with Sentinel Plus, so many years ago. Most went fine, a few untfortunately were taken, but Auch, Space Cat, Robot Catgirl, are a few I am happy to have been able to recreate, a they seem common enough for me. My other characters have names not likely to be already in use, except for Girl Power and Lavender Death, which were unfortunately both taken on Reunion.

• Like 1

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

3 hours ago, RogerWilco said:

This is brilliant.

Me and my friends mostly play together, but we always stop to read player backgrounds when we meet others. (In Atlas Park this can be a major slowdown).

We try to have backgrounds on all our characters, some better than others. If we would encounter you in game, we would have a little celebration and try to applaud you.

I love creative characters and backgrounds like this.

Aww, thank you!

I like to write my character bios in first person, either as the character just talking, or talking to someone. I do a lot of roleplaying, and I feel that helps others get an idea of the character's personality and voice, rather than just a quick origin story or description. Those things can be revealed through RP.

• Like 1

Looks like the chest slider was bumped up, too, so it's a D-cupquake.

Or is it an E-cupquake?  So hard to tell this graphic engine.

Anyway, the layered references are nice.

Or, I could say... nice puns, babe.

It's a shame there's no butt slider.  NicePuns/HotPuns would be a good duo character for someone to play with Cupquake.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.