Street Justice Attack Chain?

Dropwing

Could anyone help me figure out the optimal ST attack chain for Street Justice? I know you definitely need a lot of recharge. But what about moonbeam and cross punch? They often get brought up when talking about ST chains for other ATs but would either help Stalker’s. I could see the extra Aoe and possible recharge from Cross punch being beneficial but really not sure.

I also know Street justice is a unique beast with trying to build combo and assassin focus stacks. It’s seems like a puzzle I can’t figure out and that’s not even talking slotting and procs. Anyone have any ideas or knowledgeable that can offer some help? 

Scrappers may get away with mindless button smashing but Stalkers need to utilize Assassin Focus Stacks. Each stack increase Assassin Strike crit chance by 33 %. So you would want 3 Stacks that give AS a orange circle to indicate a guaranteed crit. 

With StJ you also want 3 Combo Points, because it increases the damage of your Finishers. Combo Points also give some secondary effect but we don't care for that we want 3 Stacks for max damage, especially with Crushing Uppercut out of Stealth for anorher guaranteed crit.

Idealy you want therefore 2 Attacks + Assasin Strike + Crushing Uppercut and just repeat this chain all day. Unfortunately CU has such a big cooldown that you have to alternate every second cycle with another Finisher. This could be spinning strike, but let's be honest spinning strike sucks on single target fights. This is the reason why i like to pick Sweeping cross as my second finisher on Single target figths. The rotation would be:

Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker -> Heavy Blow -> Assassin Strike

-> Sweeping Cross -> Shin Breaker -> Heavy Blow -> Assassin Strike -> REPEAT!!!!!

If you do it this way you have 8 Attacks with

2 Assassin Strike as guaranteed crit

Crushing Uppercut with 3 Combo Points as Guaranteed Crit

Sweping Cross with 3 Combo Points as guaranteed crit

Achiles Heel debuff in Shin Breaker

Fury of the Gladiator Debuff in Sweeping Cross

4 out of 8 Attacks guaranteed crit. 4 attacks have 'just a normal chance' to crit and some resist debuff on your target. I use this rotation on AV and it has helped me a lot.

I have not done the math but you could replace Sweeping Cross with moonbeam i guess. it will hit harder but the -Res proc will be missing. And to be honest, it is a chance to get a Assassin Focus stack and attacks can miss. That is just in a ideal world.

I hope that i could help you!

• Like 4

I use almost the same attack chain as Croax, but I think I have a chunk more recharge in my build, as I'm able to cut out one T1 attack. I also run Initial Strike over Heavy Blow, which doesn't matter a whole lot honestly. Mentally, I also start my chain at Assassin's Strike instead of Crushing Uppercut, but starting at Crushing Uppercut is probably easier and a slightly better way to frame it.

So for me, my chain is

(Build Up) -> Assassin's Strike -> Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker ->

Assassin's Strike -> Sweeping Cross -> Shin Breaker -> Initial Strike -> Repeat

Or, framed like Croax does:

Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker -> Assassin's Strike ->

Sweeping Cross -> Shin Breaker -> Initial Strike -> Assassin's Strike ->Repeat

I know this looks a little daunting as it's a 7 move chain, but you can really simplify this down to a 3 move chain if you want to. It's

Assassin's Strike -> (Crushing Uppercut or Sweeping Cross) -> Shin Breaker

and on the chains where you use Sweeping Cross, you close with Initial Strike.

Edit: As to you questions about what to pair it with, I'm not a terribly huge fan of a snipe with Street Justice, as this rotation is so fluid, quite End intensive, and already does incredible ST damage. I think my post-incarnate Stalker regularly pushes ~500+ DPS with the chain I posted above, and the only times I toyed with a snipe I felt it didn't substantially help my damage and seriously compromised me in other ways (losing Body Mastery, mainly). If you're thinking of pairing StJ with an armor set with very good Endurance tools, maybe you can think about a snipe. I'm a little bit higher on pairing an AoE with StJ, but not much. I have definitely felt Street Justice lacking in the AoE department - as fantastic as Spinning Strike is versus what it *does* hit, the facts that it's only a 6ft AoE and that it's targeted both really keep the set from being *great* at AoE. So if that's something you want your Stalker to be good at, I think you could consider it. But I would still caution against it - in a team setting, most people on your team are going to be bringing really strong AoE. I've found the majority of team comps will just monster mash through big mobs. But the big slowing point for big late game teams is hard targets - and I like using Stalker to do that job. Pick the bosses out from the spawn, and keep that AV damage sky high. I've found the most success with my Stalker by making her consistent and durable enough to do that close to indefinitely, and she's rarely failed me with that philosophy.

Edited by Crater Kate
  • Like 2

Thanks Croax and Crater, really detailed write ups there. I use the same attack chain as Crater myself (Initial Strike included) and see sub 2 mins on Pylons.

However, I did see an alternative attack chain with some interesting slotting that got me thinking. See below:

Shin Breaker -> Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker -> Moonbeam -> Assassin's Strike. 

For this attack chain the player said they slotted the Chance to Hide ATO in Shin Breaker instead of Assassin's Strike and "abused" the PPM mechanic to get more regular crits from hide. I also assume they open with Build Up and AS.

Of course, the player didn't list numbers just that they saw better DPS results. Does anyone have experience with this alternative slotting or tested this? 

On 7/18/2020 at 8:50 AM, Dropwing said:

Shin Breaker -> Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker -> Moonbeam -> Assassin's Strike. 

For this attack chain the player said they slotted the Chance to Hide ATO in Shin Breaker instead of Assassin's Strike and "abused" the PPM mechanic to get more regular crits from hide. I also assume they open with Build Up and AS.

Sounds like the chain could have potential. The biggest problem is the ATO triggering and MB misses. AS will turn into the long version. CU would probably need a lot of recharge to make the chain seamless. Which could be detrimental if power picks, damage procs, +damage bonuses and incarnate picks are sacrificed to squeeze in more +recharge.

• Like 1

On my StJ stalker I do something different with the chance to hide ATO.  I slot that set into Shin Breaker.  My Attack chain starts off with AS from hide for some fantastic damage followed by Shin Breaker and that'll build you the Combo Points you need for the finisher in Uppercut and hopefully the hide proc'd for you so you're hitting with a nasty Uppercut from Hide. 

My secondary is SR and I have great recharge built in so I can typically get away with those 3 attacks in a chain occasionally throwing in an Initial Strike or Spinning Strike depending if there's a bunch of baddies around me or not.  

• Like 1

The trouble with slotting the Stalker's Guile proc in powers other than Assassin's (whatever) is that you risk hitting the slow attack chain. Locking yourself into opening with slow AS is all well and good when solo, but on a team even if that's great damage, it's way too slow. So you need to have a chain that's flexible enough to open with a faster attack. If you put the proc in AS, you have complete freedom in doing that. But if you put it in something else, then you have to keep your AS some distance away from that proc in order to not completely tank your DPS.

It's workable, but it requires a lot of rigidity and a very fixed attack chain. That can lead to a lot of weirdness and overkill/underkill when mobbing, even when it works fine vs hard targets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Crater Kate said:

The trouble with slotting the Stalker's Guile proc in powers other than Assassin's (whatever) is that you risk hitting the slow attack chain. Locking yourself into opening with slow AS is all well and good when solo, but on a team even if that's great damage, it's way too slow. So you need to have a chain that's flexible enough to open with a faster attack. If you put the proc in AS, you have complete freedom in doing that. But if you put it in something else, then you have to keep your AS some distance away from that proc in order to not completely tank your DPS.

It's workable, but it requires a lot of rigidity and a very fixed attack chain. That can lead to a lot of weirdness and overkill/underkill when mobbing, even when it works fine vs hard targets.

I'll typically slot that proc into AS and call it a day but on StJ I just seem to have a better variety of great damage being able to alternate combo builds and assassin focus'.  My recharge is pretty nice so my attack chain is pretty rigid in that I need not venture out from AS, Shin Breaker and CU, especially if I'm looking to grind that good damage onto an AV.  Leading in with an AS from Hide gets you that juicy high unresisted damage then follow that up with the Shin Breaker then you have your 3 stack combo all set to launch and if your hide proc's Uppercut will smash them up fierce.  Uppercut takes a decent amount longer to recharge than those other two attacks so sometimes rather than waiting I'll be able to get off an AS from Hidden for that unresisted damage along with it having assassin's focus.  

So yes my attack chain is pretty rigid but by not having that proc in either of my kill shots I can get full use out of either one at my leisure so in the end I tend to see it as more variety along with most likely better damage due to being able to throw out unresisted AS attacks with assassin's focus stacks from time to time.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mezmera said:

unresisted damage

Why is it unresisted? If you cast AS from Hide you deal triple damage, of the Damage Type that is present in this set. For StJ it is Smashing Damage. This will be reduced normaly from the smashing resistance of your target. Using a slow cast AS mid combat is a big damage loss because the cast time is very long, even for the triple damage bonus out of Hide. Just critting normaly is a much better option. Also you loose all AS Focus stacks when you enter Hide, which is a big downside to the whole Stalkers AT and the changes that have been made to the AT.

And if you cast slow AS in combat the chances of getting interupted are high.

But just for giggles. Do you know how much Damage your rotation is doing on a pylon? You could maybe test it in game and prove that it is valid for dps reasons because you reach high numbers. Using my rotation up there on a StJ/Bio, i have killed Pylons in 1:22 Minutes which translates to ~595 dps.

I would love to see players who claim to have superiour StJ Rotations to prove or showcase it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Croax said:

Why is it unresisted? If you cast AS from Hide you deal triple damage, of the Damage Type that is present in this set. For StJ it is Smashing Damage. This will be reduced normaly from the smashing resistance of your target. Using a slow cast AS mid combat is a big damage loss because the cast time is very long, even for the triple damage bonus out of Hide. Just critting normaly is a much better option. Also you loose all AS Focus stacks when you enter Hide, which is a big downside to the whole Stalkers AT and the changes that have been made to the AT.

And if you cast slow AS in combat the chances of getting interupted are high.

But just for giggles. Do you know how much Damage your rotation is doing on a pylon? You could maybe test it in game and prove that it is valid for dps reasons because you reach high numbers. Using my rotation up there on a StJ/Bio, i have killed Pylons in 1:22 Minutes which translates to ~595 dps.

I would love to see players who claim to have superiour StJ Rotations to prove or showcase it.

Bah yeah I was thinking of pvp for that unresisted part as opposed to the 3x damage.  But as you can clearly see in the quoted text below you're getting triple the normal extreme damage instead of double superior damage should you use AS out of hide but in Assassin's focus.  

You do realize with Bio's offensive toggle you're going to have the superior damage potential yes?  There's nothing exciting about testing damage on something that won't hit back because you're not factoring in other things you have to adjust for.  Survivability is also an indicator of damage as well.  

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Stalker

If the Stalker is Hidden, this attack becomes extremely potent. First of all, if it misses, the Stalker stays Hidden. If it hits, it crits automatically, for almost triple normal damage instead of double. If the target is another player, this bonus damage ignores his resistances. Whether the target survives or is defeated, all nearby non-player enemies (which may include the target itself!) are Demoralized and suffer a small but irresistable ToHit penalty, for eight seconds. If the Stalker isn't Hidden, Assassin's Strike removes the wind-up animation allowing it to attack faster, deals Superior damage, and will not deal critical damage in PvE or PvP, unless Assassin's Focus is in effect.

Hey @Mezmera,

nice to see someone looking deep into the Stalker AT. I like to do that myself too!

So When you said unresisted, i was thinking of AVs because you have been speaking of dealing an AV unresisted damage. I could not let that stand there without asking.

And for PvP? That may sound weird but getting an AS on someone in PvP is insanely hard. Your best bet would be to get CU out of hide and proc that attack with 4 damage procs or using one of the snipes out of Hide as a long cast. AS or Shin Breaker is barely used in PvP at all. You can be happy to get regularly 2 attacks off, before either shit hits the fan or your target just runs away, like a squirrel on crack, while shooting you with unbelievable high damage numbers.

I have to admit that i do not have understand your last sentence so i will just tell you something about the Difference of AS from Hide and AS in combat. When we factor in a good rotation that lets you frequently crit (i was thinking this thread is about that?!) then you are comparing a 3,67 second cast Attack to a 1,17s cast that will deal only 26% more Damage. The triple part is somewhat misleading, because the ingame numbers vary very strong from what is considered superiour or extreme.

For Example on my StJ/EA i hit a rikti pylon for 293,62+528,52=822,14 Assasin Strike from Hide, in combat it is 324,15+324,15=648,3 crit. That would be 822,14/3,67=224 DPS and 648,3/1,17=554,1 DPS. Half the damage! The upside of doing a slow AS? Your endurance had 2 seconds longer time to recover while you watched the blue animation circling around AS. 

Normaly i do not go deep into Numbers on the forum because a lot of this is misleading and people enjoy the game differently.

This has nothing to do with Bio increasing your damage or something like that. it is just what i have writen down from combat log after hitting a pylon 2 times. no big deal. you can do it yourself! Give it a try, you will  be surprised!

Why i mentioned my Pylon time was, because i have spend a lot of time on Stalkers and want to make them as strong as possible. i am well aware of other people playing the game differently then i do, but if it for optimal rotation maximising the damage there should be only one answer. And the OP was asking the community what that answer could be.

Survivability is a good point for Damage dealers! After soloing the Freedom Phalanx i think very different of my fellow Team mates, that debuff resistance or regen on AV. It makes a huge difference. But at the point where you are just facetanking all of the AVs it comes down to the question: How can i kill them? -> More Damage!

I have stated my opinion and have proven why i believe it is like that. Then i have gone to the testing and verified my theory. I guess that is as logical, open source for everyone to try that too and free of assumptions.

Just facts. 

You still have to prove me why your way would be more damage. I have no problem testing or learning something new! Maybe you can share a build with us, where i can go out and have a more optimal/damaging rotation. i Would love to stick it to these TW/Bio scrappers.

• Like 1

Yes and if Crushing Uppercut hasn't recharged yet you are left waiting on that to strike for that nice damage out of Hide.  You've pigeonholed yourself into only being able to take advantage of the Hide proc by having CU recharged and ready.  Whereas you'll have the ability to take advantage of both a combo built CU out of Hide and AS in or out of Hide with stacks of Assassin's Focus or not.  

Obviously the proc firing will be less in Shin Breaker so there is that and like I said I see the point of having that proc in AS in mostly all stalkers but on StJ I tend to like the variety afforded me.  Since my rotation is so small I guess that's where I see more logic in having it elsewhere here.  Plus if I so wanted to start the attack quick and dirty out of Hide I could just mix up my flow and use Shin Breaker to start.  

I quite like the option of being able to quickly chase both Combo stacks and Assassin's stacks whichever way I need to get there and be able to take advantage of either of those bursts in or out of Hide.  

I'm not saying your wrong or I'm right here on this one.  To me it seems there's more variety to be had.  

Edited by Mezmera

On 7/24/2020 at 5:40 PM, Mezmera said:

Yes and if Crushing Uppercut hasn't recharged yet you are left waiting on that to strike for that nice damage out of Hide.  You've pigeonholed yourself into only being able to take advantage of the Hide proc by having CU recharged and ready.

??? i just use a snipe or sweeping cross if the AS proc goes off and CU isn't up yet, it's not worth waiting around for.  although with the discussion on another thread about 'lockout' on the AS proc going off it does seem like it goes off every other time I use AS which lines up very nicely with CU, since CU has about twice the recharge.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
On 7/25/2020 at 11:42 PM, Machariel said:

??? i just use a snipe or sweeping cross if the AS proc goes off and CU isn't up yet, it's not worth waiting around for.  although with the discussion on another thread about 'lockout' on the AS proc going off it does seem like it goes off every other time I use AS which lines up very nicely with CU, since CU has about twice the recharge.

If you actually look look at it you'll see if it's not actually every other AS, but if this works for you then carry on.

I never did get into StJ much since Crushing Uppercut has an awkward recharge leaving close to two seconds before it recharges, but I remember using combo points on Sweeping Cross being wasteful. If we use Sweeping we ate the combo points and now CU needs to collect three more to go out at maximum damage. This lower the number of CUs in a minute. I think it better to just fill those two seconds with another attack and then use CU at full power.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweeping Cross is not great but also not wastefull. It has the Fury of the Gladiator resist debuff and its damage is increased by combo points. CU is so much great when it crits that we naturally want to use it on cooldown. But for a typical tank and spank situation you have time to apply achiles heel and fotg -resist debuffs to amplify all your attacks.

If you are looking at a normal group that has some area damage going on, you will deal with lots of almost dead leutenants and half dead bosses, while the Blaster and Tank allready have moved on. No need to optimise here. Just oneshot these poor dead man walking. Use whatever comes up and between walking from one to the other you have recharged CU and use it again. No one needs debuffs from achilles heel or fotg in such situations.

But for prolonged fights like AV or GM i would see SC as usefull addition and Combo Points well spend.

I like this one:

Shin Breaker > Spinning Strike > Assassin's Strike > Crushing Uppercut > repeat

It's has a more reasonable recharge level, though it is still high.   I can put the hide proc in assassin's strike where I want it and have it trigger for crushing uppercut.  And spinning strike is a decent AoE attack that I'm going to take anyway.  I'm also able to do some decent proc-monster slotting with this chain since 3 of the attacks have high base recharge values.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

• 3 weeks later

So if you can pull together a 230% global recharge (which obviously is very, very high), and 100% local recharge in CU, then you can have an attack chain of:

Shin Breaker > Heavy Blow > Assassin's Strike > Crushing Uppercut > Moonbeam > repeat.

Shin Breaker has 90% chance to build AF, CU has 100%, Heavy Blow only 75%, so that means you certainly won't guarantee crits on AS all the time, but you'll have the orange ring about 2/3rds of the time and the rest of it you'll almost always have 2/3rds chance to crit.  You can miss with either Shin Breaker or Heavy Blow and still be at Combo 3 for Crushing Uppercut, and with the chance-to-hide in Assassin's Strike you'll mostly crit CU.  When Build Up is up, you can use it instead of Heavy Blow and get all three of Assassin's Strike, Crushing Uppercut, and Moonbeam in the 5 seconds of 160% damage from Gaussian's (and still be at combo 3 assuming you hit with both shin breaker and assassin's strike).

Now, 230% global recharge is a frankly insane amount of global recharge.  Is it possible?  I think it is, at least in a set with a +20% recharge bonus:

+20% recharge from armor set, +70% recharge from hasten, +10% recharge from Ageless Destiny = 100%.

+37.5% recharge from 5 LotGs, +20% recharge from ATOs, +30% recharge from purples = 187.5%

Find a 7.5% recharge bonus, 5 +5% recharge bonuses from sets = 220%

So then you need like two 6.25% recharge bonuses, and you're there.

That's a lot of recharge.  You'd probably have to throw your entire build at it.  Is it worth it?  I dunno, probably not.  But that's a pretty sexy attack chain.

• Like 1

Some really great discussion going on in the thread. To organize this a bit more, I put together the Street Justice attack chains put forth in this topic and looked through some others as well. So far, Chains 1 – 3 have been tested by at least one player and a stated Pylon time given. Croax maybe correct that they do have the top DPS chain. Chains 4 – 7 have some potential but their DPS has not been Pylon tested. Ideally, they would all be tested using the same Secondary powerset and slotting at least for the attacks. Format is also below.

#. Player – Stj / Secondary – Pylon time

1. Croax – Stj / Bio – 1:22

Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker -> Heavy Blow -> Assassin’s Strike -> Sweeping Cross -> Shin Breaker -> Heavy Blow -> Assassin’s Strike -> Repeat 

source: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/21040-street-justice-attack-chain/ 

2. StrikerFox – Stj / SR – 1:30

[Build Up] -> Assassin’s Strike -> Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker -> [Build Up] -> Assassin’s Strike -> Sweeping Cross -> Shin Breaker -> Heavy Blow -> Repeat
source: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/16801-highest-single-target-damage-set-for-stalkers/ 

3. Microcosm – Stj / Bio – 1:30

Assassin’s Strike -> Sweeping Cross -> Spinning Strike -> Shin Breaker -> Assassin’s Strike -> Crushing Uppercut -> Moonbeam -> Shin Breaker -> Repeat 

source: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/871-pylon-damage-thread/page/28/?tab=comments#comment-203926 

Untested and unconfirmed attach chains

4. Auroxis – Stj / X - ???

Assassin’s Strike -> Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker -> Assassin’s Strike -> Sweeping Cross -> Shin Breaker -> Repeat

source: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6498-stjsr-combos/ 

Note: Quoted from StrikerFox “During live, awesome player named Auroxis came up with StJ's highest dps attack chain, AS-CU-SB-AS-SC-SB-repeat. DPS tester, Kezeal, used that chain when calculating StJ's dps potential. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19VuZ9zJ_8eKN11JytgaK9mt9Fy-8pjANopb-FGh68Uw/htmlview# When I tried the chain, the Stalker's Guile proc wasn't consistently activating at the point it was supposed to (Before CU). Was able to get it to work as intended by adding IS into the chain. “ If the bug for this attack chain was fixed it could be a contender.

5. Short Chain (Hide Proc in Shin Breaker) – Stj / X - ???

Shin Breaker -> Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker -> Moonbeam -> Assassin’s Strike -> Repeat

6. Shred Monkey – Stj / X - ???

Shin Breaker -> Spinning Strike -> Assassin’s Strike -> Crushing Uppercut -> Repeat 

7. aethereal (super recharge heavy) – Stj / X - ??

Shin Breaker -> Heavy Blow -> Assassin’s Strike -> Crushing Uppercut -> Moonbeam -> Repeat 

Edited by Dropwing
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Dropwing said:

2. StrikerFox – Stj / SR – 1:30

Assassin’s Strike -> Crushing Uppercut -> Initial Strike -> Shin Breaker -> Assassin’s Strike -> Sweeping Cross -> Shin Breaker -> Initial Strike -> Repeat

source: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/16801-highest-single-target-damage-set-for-stalkers/ 

That was the attack chain I used in my initial runs, when the game just came back. For the 90 second times, I used: [BU]-AS-CU-SB-[BU]-AS-SC-SB-HB-repeat. Only one HB in the chain.

I can probably improve on the 90 seconds. The day I was testing, including that video posted in that link, I forgot Superior Assassin'a Mark was slotted into Spinning Strike. It was never activated so there were no miscellaneous instant-BU recharges.

• Like 1

Thanks StrikerFox, I’ve edit the post above you with the attack chain you listed. 

If you do any further testing please let us know and I’ll update it again. I’d be excited to see as the other top chains are with Bio secondaries. 

Also I read in another topic that Assassin’s Mark is bugged and the power it’s slotted in has to be activated at least once when you load a new zone or map for it to fire. 

Nice writeup Dropwing, thank you for this work!

I will try to test some of the other attack chains. Maybe we should talk about Build Up procs and when to use them. I allways use Build Up instead of HB in my Attack chain, even if i have it ready but just used HB. I even get another proc from time to time which disturbs my inner peace. Feels like a wasted opportunity. 🙃😮😟

• Like 2

I think for Build Up, most Stj attack chains prioritize it right before AS, which is then followed by CU or SC then SB or MB. So, essentially, three big attacks can benefit from it and hopefully a Gaussian’s proc too. However because of the length of the buff, I suspect any extra activations wouldn’t hurt. 

Edited by Dropwing

17 hours ago, Dropwing said:

#. Player – Stj / Secondary – Pylon time

1. Croax – Stj / Bio – 1:22

Crushing Uppercut -> Shin Breaker -> Heavy Blow -> Assassin’s Strike -> Sweeping Cross -> Shin Breaker -> Heavy Blow -> Assassin’s Strike -> Repeat 

It is worth noting this run had Assault Core Hybrid toggled, while the other ones do not.

Also, opening with CU seems odd to me. The hide proc is going to go off at best every 10 seconds, so you've basically ensured that any hide procs (until an AS misses, at least) will be used on the far inferior sweeping cross rather than crushing uppercut. And it's not just SC's lower DPA - as a cone, it only has a 50% crit chance out of hide, making the procs even more wasteful. It makes far more sense to me to open with Shin Breaker, then AS, then CU. From there, the chain continues on as listed. Additionally, initial strike makes more sense as a pick instead of Heavy Blow provided you have enough reach to use it seamlessly. Despite having slightly lower DPA, it lets you spend more time on your bigger hitters and amounts to a tiny DPS increase. At least on paper.

Anyways I don't have an stj/bio scrapper as of yet, but I do have an stj/ena and fortunately the same post from Croax with their stj/bio times has stj/ena times using the same chain as well. The average pylon result they got with that build was 104.9 seconds. So for comparison's sake, I have run a couple of pylons on my stj/ena using the aforementioned opener of SB > AS > CU. It's obviously not a perfect comparison since there could be notable differences in our builds, but is still a reference. I have run with Assault Core toggled on (usually I don't but have here for the sake of comparison), hitting hasten, build up, and SB and starting the timer as soon as SB begins activating. The times are as follows:

As we can see my average of 86.9 seconds is a decent amount lower. There's nothing too crazy going on with my build, - I run +193.8% global recharge, fairly standard proc slotting (armageddon + fury of the glad in sweeping cross, touch of death + hide proc in assassin's strike, touch of death + achilles in shin breaker, and hecatomb + unbreakable constraint in crushing uppercut) with slotted recharge minimized as much as possible to ensure max proc rates - So I suspect the different opener to ensure that hide procs are used on CU and not SC are the key.

• Like 1