Eliza Thrope - An Unnatural Order, Part 7 - Too Many Spawn-Ins!

PhantomBelcher

I'm working on Eliza Thorpe's "An Unnatural Order" mission arc via Ouro.  My mission settings are +0/x1.

But when I destroy any of the mission objectives in Part 7, it spawns in a MINIMUM of TWO DOZEN white or better quality Devouring Earths right on top of me!  This is a spawn-in I'd expect if the settings were +0/x8, not x1.

I died at least a dozen times before I abandoned the task force.  Please tell me this is a bug in the code and not how it's intended to be?

Edited by PhantomBelcher
  • Thanks 1

The Will of the Earth things?  Yeah, those suck.  I don't know if that's intended or bugged, but I just took it as being a hard set of missions.  They start summoning as soon as you aggro them, and I think they keep summoning as long as they're alive.  (So if you take your time killing it you might notice a bunch of extra mobs.)  I got through on my controller mainly by confusing the other mobs from beyond aggro range to attack the WotE.  It takes a while, since the confused mobs also aggro on each other in addition to the WotE, but it was the safest way I found.  At least they're only Pets and not Bosses.

If you find yourself in the group already (or have to engage the group), you have to focus down the WotE because it seems to alternate between its PBAoE heal and its summon.  (The summon and heal are its only two powers.)

What happened to me was that a dozen of them literally spawned right on top of me and one-shotted me before I could react!

EDIT, 10:11pm Eastern: And I just ran it again on -1/x1, the lowest possible settings.  I KILL ONE OF THESE SPAWNS, A DOZEN MORE SPAWN IN, THEN I DIE! REZ AND REPEAT GIVES MORE SPAWNS, AND FASTER DEATHS.  THIS IS NOT SOLOABLE! (I have not had a problem on this Ouro arc until this mission.) THIS IS NOT WINNABLE!  THIS CANNOT BE HOW IT'S INTENDED!

(Plus, after the first death I can't even *get* to the Will of the Earth to attack it.)

At the very least, give us the option to auto-finish the mission. I don't even get that option!

Edited by PhantomBelcher

2 minutes ago, PhantomBelcher said:

Beast Mastery/Empathy Mastermind.  Pets are getting one-shotted faster than I can rez them.

That'll do it. Those crystals are infamous for spawning reinforcements based on the number of enemy targets they see, not the number of players.

• 2 weeks later