Hybrid Slot for Widow

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about this... I'm trying to figure out what to put on Hybrid for my Widow. He' currently has a T3 support (Partial Radial Graft). But now I'm thinking of shifting to Melee as I'm often up close and personal with my attacks and the resistance of Core Embodiment would meld nicely with my high defense. That said, I'm not squishy (except for the occasional quick death those who rely on high defense know all too well).

But T4s are a expensive an I don't want to burn all those incarnate threads only to find out it isn't all I'd hoped.

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Troyusrex said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about this... I'm trying to figure out what to put on Hybrid for my Widow. He' currently has a T3 support (Partial Radial Graft). But now I'm thinking of shifting to Melee as I'm often up close and personal with my attacks and the resistance of Core Embodiment would meld nicely with my high defense. That said, I'm not squishy (except for the occasional quick death those who rely on high defense know all too well).

But T4s are a expensive an I don't want to burn all those incarnate threads only to find out it isn't all I'd hoped.

Thoughts?

If you can download the test server incarnate abilities are free to purchase for unlimited testing. Just copy your character over first:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/beta/

Otherwise whichever fits your build. I went with Assault double hit chance. I considered melee as well but being 2min on/off I didn't care for the defensive aspect so much and built survivability with skills/slotting instead. 

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

On 7/19/2020 at 6:56 PM, Troyusrex said:

I'm trying to figure out what to put on Hybrid for my Widow. He' currently has a T3 support (Partial Radial Graft). But now I'm thinking of shifting to Melee as I'm often up close and personal with my attacks and the resistance of Core Embodiment would meld nicely with my high defense. That said, I'm not squishy (except for the occasional quick death those who rely on high defense know all too well).

I started off with melee core (the resistance one) and found out that it wasn't actually contributing all that much as widows are already pretty sturdy. I swapped it out for assault (doublehit) eventually and the little bit more crunch to my attacks does feel more meaningful.

The other one I've though about is control for higher magnitude controls.

I'm quite good at forgetting to turn my hybrid power on, though, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas