Putting the game's hardest fights in the AE (Tower Buffed Recluse, Zone Hamidon, iTrial Tyrant, etc)

Xanatos

I like using the AE as a danger room to test out my builds and see what they are capable of. As I mostly play tanks, I like testing out the limits of each armour set.

To that end, I'd love it if we could add the following to the AE:

-Hamidon (with mitos)

-Tyrant from the itrial (with light buffs)

-Lord Recluse (with tower buffs)

-The Crimson Prototype

-All itrial AVs/GMs

-All of the Freedom Phalanx spawning in one location. (This may already be possible. Not sure.)

I know some of these may be difficult (the spawn points for each individual Hamidon mito, for example, are hard coded into specific points in The Hive / The Abyss, Recluse requires the towers, Tyrant requires the lights, etc) but it would be great to have a way to test out endgame builds against the biggest threats. (Even if it was just a set map with a fixed spawnpoint for them/their supports.)

Edited by Xanatos
  • Like 6

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

This isn't a bad idea, at all. If its too much work, maybe an 'elite AV' rank for the end boss where they get some of their jumped-up powers?

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'd support this if all non-ticket rewards were removed from AE.  That includes inf, xp, and drops.

I agree, but only in the case of these specific additions.

Edited by Xanatos
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 12:55 PM, skoryy said:

This isn't a bad idea, at all. If its too much work, maybe an 'elite AV' rank for the end boss where they get some of their jumped-up powers?

I have a villian that should have Dark Blast, Dark Controls, Necromancy, and Dark Armor.  He should be on-par with the baddest baddies, but alas I feel like any AE would be doing him a disservice without some serious scripting

4 hours ago, Xanatos said:

None of the above are those arcs.

I believe your opening post led with a comment something along the lines of 'a danger room to test out my builds'.  Which is exactly the point of the 801.0 to 801.3 series mentioned and why they were recommended above.  Granted they don't have the scenarios you mentioned later in the post but they are a presently available option until your dream team foes might be available.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I believe your opening post led with a comment something along the lines of 'a danger room to test out my builds'.  Which is exactly the point of the 801.0 to 801.3 series mentioned and why they were recommended above.  Granted they don't have the scenarios you mentioned later in the post but they are a presently available option until your dream team foes might be available.

My post led with the title, suggesting a very specific game addition. Linea's arcs, which I have already played, are not equivalent.

Edited by Xanatos