Sign in to follow this  
Thrythlind

Power Pool Idea, not sure how feasible - Firearms pool

If there were a firearm power pool that gave some basic shooting things, just for the people that want to do characters that carry guns as a minor thing. I suppose it would need to be either two different pools (pistol and longarms) or else have differing animations based on what weapon is attached to it (hence why I suspect this is too much trouble) But still, would be cool to do something like pump shotgun shells into a person and then switch to sword for most of fight.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

maybe...

Munitions pool

Side arm-  Ranged minor lethal Damage (use burst of speed mechanic give it 6 uses before recharge)

combat knife -melee- moderate lethal damage -def
Hand grenade - location aoe - moderate (fire/)lethal, Knockback 

body armor- auto- s/l resist

combat training - auto - defense melee

Edited by 0th Power

Bump. 

I think this would be an easier pool to add because all the animation are there.

Makes sense to me.  Probably the toughest part would be the inevitable character creator menu to customize it with all the guns available.

17 hours ago, 0th Power said:

Side arm-  Ranged minor lethal Damage (use burst of speed mechanic give it 6 uses before recharge)

combat knife -melee- moderate lethal damage -def
Hand grenade - location aoe - moderate (fire/)lethal, Knockback 

body armor- auto- s/l resist

combat training - auto - defense melee

I'd go with three gun style attacks.  "Gun shot", "Heavy Shot", "Burst (AoE cone)".  Like the newer Fighting Pool, if you take all three attacks, you get a bonus of some sort.  For example your attacks have a small amount of -Resist, or you get small damage boost.

Then I'd add either Hand Grenade or Combat Knife.  Adding more +Resist to a pool I think could be problematic, it tends to be highly desired by a lot of builds.  I'd go with Combat Training, but I'd make it +Def to Ranged and AoE.  So nice, but a little less useful for the melee builds.

(What I think would be useful is a pool power +Resist or +Def that does not stack with other similar powers from other pools.  Then Brutes and Tankers and Scrappers aren't compelled to try to fit in every pool power.  They can grab one defensive pool that fits their build, and the others become extraneous.  I also think it might be useful to give different values for ATs that already have a lot of defense and resists, and another for squishies.  That would allow squishies to get a higher value and therefore be a lot less squishy, while not over powering the already tougher non-squishy ATs.)

• Like 1

I don’t think that having a resist and defense would be that bad or required for every build especially because it would be an auto which would be a smaller number, would require an extra power pick vs tough/weave, and if the defense was only a certain position rather than weave defense to all. 

I could see giving additional buffs to the powers, the more you took.