"Finale: The Strongest Bond" Mission becomes nearly unbeatable after dying.

IntrepidVector

Several users have reported issues with the Bound By Blood Finale: The Strongest Bond mission offered by the Ward contact in The Night Ward zone. Paragon Wiki link

If a character dies during the Stop Ward! objective or beyond, the spot they resurrect at on the front porch of the Midnight Mansion is occupied by the mission boss and several packs of mobs. The boss's minions also block access to the mission exit door.

This issue is made worse by the fact that the boss is not intended to be attacked directly. Instead users are supposed to lead an NPC named Clarity to the pond at the front of the mansion, turning the boss into a friendly NPC. Due to the location of the respawn point, users are unable to get past Ward to reach Clarity without dying.

Users are repeatedly getting trapped in die-respawn-die loops, forced to seek outside assistance to complete the mission or even escape the mission map, wrecking up XP Debt from the enemies effectively spawn camping them.

I did see someone having this problem and part of the issue was they had set themselves to +2. This mission is tuned to be difficult in the first place, so adding the +2 made it overwhelming.

Rather than countlessly resurrect a better solution is to log off which will forcibly eject the dead player body back into the midnighter mansion; when you go to the hospital from there, you find out where the Midnight Mansion's rez point is. Re-entering the in-progress mission is still very difficult because if you zone back in without resetting it, an army is literally camping the door.

Bug? No. Questionable mission design choice? Probably.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

That information about logging out to get ejected is very useful to know, thank you!

Regarding difficulty, a friend and I were having this issue even with the mission turned down to -1 Level. We eventually gave up and came back to streamroll the mission 5 levels later.

I checked, and Night Ward was added in issue 23 so it was the last content officially released to live. This is surely something that would have gotten adjusted by the devs if the game hadn't been shut down.

I did try to help a MM with this mission and walked into it already in progress and was similarly 1-shotted and I was also a MM. I did manage to help him escape and he reset it after and made everything blue and cleared it. I actually cleared it ok with my own MM (Beasts/Nature) but it was kind of dicey. Another workaround might be to start the mission solo and then have any additional teammates join so that the spawns are (hopefully) generated around a smaller team.

In the end, there is one more option: use the complete mission option that you can only use once every three days. This certainly counts as a mission that is "bugged or too tough to complete."

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 1 month later

Had the same thing happen to me - ruined my no combat deaths run... five times in under a minute. Respawn point is very firmly within aggro range. Sent a ticket.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I ran into that mission just the other day and elected to solve the problem by spamming resurrections and attacks. After about ~60 deaths (damn you, +3 Time Stops), I managed to thin the herd and get out. :P Fun as it was, yeah, it's probably a little broken...