Servers full or down?

Xcillion

Well, I think a lot of that is sourced to other teams.  GOG is the distribution platform, and they've definitely done their part to bring a few oldies back to life on modern operating systems/hardware.   However, I'm also certain that several of those renewal projects were headed up by other folks that just happened to release said stuff on GOG.

All the same; being able to download and maintain copies of my games on my own computer is huge.  Steam and Epic can fiddle-dee-diddle right off with their always online nonsense.  A single-player game should -never- have an online requirement.

1 hour ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Well, I think a lot of that is sourced to other teams.  GOG is the distribution platform, and they've definitely done their part to bring a few oldies back to life on modern operating systems/hardware.   However, I'm also certain that several of those renewal projects were headed up by other folks that just happened to release said stuff on GOG.

All the same; being able to download and maintain copies of my games on my own computer is huge.  Steam and Epic can fiddle-dee-diddle right off with their always online nonsense.  A single-player game should -never- have an online requirement.

The majority of the games that I have through Steam I can play offline, as long as I have Steam in offline mode.

As far as I know, the only games that you have to be online to play, through Steam, are MMOs.

I could be wrong though. I only have about 50 games from Steam. I've seen people with well over 200.

38 minutes ago, Twisted Toon said:

The majority of the games that I have through Steam I can play offline, as long as I have Steam in offline mode.

As far as I know, the only games that you have to be online to play, through Steam, are MMOs.

I could be wrong though. I only have about 50 games from Steam. I've seen people with well over 200.

Yeah, I know some games need to be online if you want to play the online multiplayer component (obviously) but I've played many that also have an offline component like Dragon Ball Fighter Z and Monster Hunter World

Edited by golstat2003

Agreed!

Of course the best thing about GOG is the strong anti-DRM stance. (The online requirement from Steam and Epic is just a less-egregious DRM scheme, after all.)

Reference Defective by Design.

• Thanks 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)