Glad HC is going to look at Energy Melee

Bill Z Bubba

Giving folks back the old Energy Transfer would help.

In addition:

If Total Focus is going to stay such a long animation it needs the old stun mag. If it is speeding up that's wonderful.

If Stun became an AoE stun that would be crazy but cool. (please keep that on Stalkers rather than switching to whirling hands)

A slight bump to whirling hands to bring it to where the the math says it should be is okay.

Doing more or a more drastic revamp might be more appropriate for a new set rather than hijacking an existing power set.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 weeks later
On 8/9/2020 at 2:03 AM, Tactical said:

Taking out AVs is a task many ATs/sets can do. I'm not saying EM shouldn't have stellar ST but the game is such an AoE focus that intentionally focusing on ST to the detriment of AoE is legitimately a nerf to the performance of the set. It SHOULD have Stellar ST, but there's no reason for it to have horrible AoE as the trade off as we already have plenty of sets that have fantastic AoE and amazing ST (War Mace, Dual Blades, and Titan Weapons all spring to mind, though TW is an outlier granted). There's no reason EM can't have both a solid, useful AoE and also benefit from its powerful single target attacks being improved to flow better as well. Further EM already has some excellent ST attacks and its biggest problem is that it has 2 large wind-up attacks that are punishing if you miss. ET is fine as is, but TF needs a hard look specifically.

Being the best at single target is intentionally nerfing yourself. See what I said above.

I don't see any reason why Energy Melee can't have Over Drive NPC style jawbreaking hitting power like 'a truck.'

And there's no reason why it's mediocre AoE can't be beefed up.

It's up to HC.

Shorten the animation times.  A trim.  Make it a bit more fluid.  I don't mind tanks being piston punchers but the end result has to be worth it.  And I don't mind each tank being unique.  Good at AoE.  Good at Single target.

I've played an EM/Elec Armour brute.  And it seems to give a sign post to where I'd like to see EM go.

You get punishing hitting power.  A DoT toggle (lightning field which could be an AoE dis' stun...DoT instead of single target stun...for EM.)

Playing dark armour the other day.  I remember the -HP toggle that does dam and disorient.  Have that instead of the Single Target Stun?  That would fit in with the Energy Transfer -Hp idea.

Do like the Domi Energy storage vs Damage idea.  Played it on my domi'.  Great stuff.  Very satisfying.

A lot of the old sets like Energy Melee.  Just need sprucing up.  They're old.

Trim animations.  Boost the dam.  See if a new combo boost mechanic can make them more exciting to play. Beef up the AoE.

These things don't seem like unsurmountable challenges.

I like my Rock/Stone Melee tank.  A great flow to the attacks even though it's very 'deliberate' in time taken.  Very satisfying and punishing stone attacks.  I wish my Energy Melee tank was half as much fun.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

I just got my first EM to 50 (Bio/EM villain tanker), and honestly it was the easiest most over-powered experience I've had yet in HC.  I went +4/x8 somewhere around lvl 41 and normally that takes me a lot later, usually post-alpha.  Maybe that's because Bio is so great?

Who run Bartertown?

On 10/24/2020 at 9:47 AM, Marshal_General said:

I just saw the patch notes for energy melee and something I only dreamed at was mentioned. Scrappers!

Hop over to beta. Create new EM scrapper. Get SOs at lvl 2. Keep them green with the 1 click Upgrade button.

It's pretty dang cool.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

12 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Hop over to beta. Create new EM scrapper. Get SOs at lvl 2. Keep them green with the 1 click Upgrade button.

It's pretty dang cool.

I did what I usually do and make the character and bump it up to 22 which is when I first slot basic IOs and then run around in Talos to see what happens.