Weekly Redside Radiation Roulette. (Sept 4th start)

Li_Sensei

• 3 weeks later

Apparently my memory is jelly.

It was Shadow Spider we were nominally aiming for, not Abyss...

Got paper missions done, Peregrine Island bank robbed and Invader accolade.  Then after some confused flailing on my part, we got onto Shadow Spider's first arc, and finished it and Agent Indigo off. After which as usual, a couple of people were close to next level so a couple of paper missions finished things off.  As it stands now, I think most people are in the 46-47 range.

Edited by Li_Sensei
Apparently was too tired to use legible english last night.

Two teams this week.

Winter Lord in St. Martial pummeled, Winter Lord's Realm cleared, then Shadow Spider's Crimson arc cleared off, successfully for the team with a controller, failed Crimson when he bolted for the mission entrance on the team without.  Which I expected, that mission's a bugger without liberal amounts of immobilise.

At the moment, we're 2/3 missions into Abyss' 'Vindication' arc.  So there're one or two Heros next time.

Most people are in the late 47-early 48 range currently, I believe.

Edited by Li_Sensei
I really should NOT type this stuff that late of an evening.
  • Like 1

Finished off Abyss last night, and that was pretty much it as far as missions went.  Apart from people being trigger happy and clicking on doors and starting timed missions at random...

In other news, we had the first two 50's of the team, Vecter and Yellow Brick.

Vecter managed this by not faceplanting as much as the rest of us, Brick by cheating and using an XP booster to make up some level deficit earlier on 😛

Last one before at least one week off, depending on new year hangover status of various people the week after next...

Two teams this week.

Lady Winter was plundered for badges, *all* of the badges...

We had another batch of 50's, and all of Radbeard's team ended up at 50, so after pummeling a load of DE in St. Martial's caves (thank you for the repeat business, Vernon Von Maniacal laugh), we wandered off somewhen to chat with Mender Ramiel.

Mender Ramiel was Ramiel'd (it's pretty perfunctory these days, especially with that much debuff...)

Then one quick trip back to St. Martial to capture a Pyriss and we were done for the evening.

• Like 1

So, thanks to boring the pectorals off myself for two hours yesterday, and some assistance from Cu and Lifey, I've got Viridian unlocked.

I remember being massively underwhelmed back on live when I put in the grind to unlock that contact, but maybe this time will be more interesting...

I mean, I doubt it, but it's worth a shot.

• 1 month later

Yep, Viridian's just as underwhelming as I remembered.

However.

This week, we took the 7 attendees to Cimerora and the Imperious TF was thoroughly irradiated.  And I mean *thoroughly*... It took some concerted effort from Lard to faceplant... :eyeroll:

One teeny tiny waffer theen Television mission thereafter and everyone is now level 50.

So since interest has been declining, it has been decided that next week shall be the final week of Radbeard's Rogues in a formal sense.  We'll take the latest 50's through Ramiel to get them a minor headstart on the Alpha slot and whatever else we feel like doing, then knock it on the head.

Thanks for turning up, folks.

4th of September 2020 to 29th of January 2012 - 5 months.  Not a bad run 🙂

• Like 1

And thus endeth the Radiation team.

Ramiel whipped through, Sister Airlia's second arc finished off, and just out of nostalgia, the Cold Front (Ice/Cold/Storm powersets) toons pulled out for one Dark Nasty mission.

Everyone got Alpha open and a Veteran level or two, at least I think so...

Out of the Cap'n (Rad/Water Defender) and Aerial (Illusion/Storm Controller), I think it's pretty close on effectiveness, but the Illusion/Storm may just have the edge on personal survivability.  Something about up to 8 or so pets out and causing mayhem means there's less aggro directed directly at me 🙂

Thanks for turning up, folks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later

I thouroughly enjoyed our romp with the rest of you guys, although I did struggle a bit with some of the British accents. 😉

Thank you for organising.

We created quite a radiation hazard across the Isles and some of Paragon City. ☢️

Here are a few screenshots I took, starting with a nuke.

screenshot_201211-20-40-41.thumb.jpg.06c7c5cf9603dc5c266ac07abe8ccc03.jpg

screenshot_201211-21-58-13.thumb.jpg.4c2a3aeb2cfc5804b0d8bc82bba639b3.jpg

20210122220807_1.thumb.jpg.3c919fd9fa69081a8bb3b7b1df40fe3e.jpg

20210122223741_1.thumb.jpg.3ae081cdb88e3825d524d3e56a05d280.jpg

Edited by RogerWilco

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png