Fortunata build help

Hi folks,

I started building a Fortunata based almost entirely on Gulbasaur's excellent guide, hoping to end up with something a little hardier and a little more group-friendly than my stalker.  Unfortunately after reaching 50 and getting most of the build slotted, I found myself disliking some aspects of the build, and also finding it both not quite packing enough of a punch and not being quite durable enough.

The durability I put down to not having a few of the critical defense enhancements, as from the mids it should get to capped defenses (it does not in game), however I figured given the joy that is clicking Psychic Wail, I could improve both by reducing its cooldown further, and preferably perma-ing mind link a little more thoroughly. 

So I resorted to rank heresy, adding hasten to a build entirely designed around not having it, and I do hope Gulbasaur can see to forgiving me. I also removed telekinetic blast, as I found essentially every case in which I used it I'd have preferred to use dominate instead, and even without it I was never hurting for a button to press. With hasten, I assume, this will be even more the case. 

The current build relies on a stalker-like approach to starting encounters, first confusing tough enemies if the situation warrants, then diving in with a lunge to the face, followed up with follow up, and escalating to psychic wail (if it's off cooldown) as soon as enemies are grouped, or dominating weaker enemies liberally (to reduce the number of targets attacking me) if not. The attack chain then continues quite simply in melee by clicking whatever's available between strike, swipe, dominate, and lunge. If there are fewer enemies I'll skip dominate to avoid the redraw animation.

From range, I rely on AOE, alternating between psychic scream and psionic tornado. Even without hasten there's almost no wait time alternating between these two; with it, I hope there will be none.

My problem is thus: I've literally been playing this game for a week, and have no real context for what makes a build good or bad, or if I'm missing something critical. With the removal of a few abilities I found myself not using overmuch / situationally, the build is a bit tighter, but I'm not sure where to go from here, or whether I'm missing something obvious.

My incarnate slotting basically centers around:

- Moar damage!

- Thematic pets

- Thematic judgement

- Wait I can have a button to make my end issues disappear? AND it means I can hit the psychic wail button more?

Things I'm considering: 

- Add back Provoke to assist in tanking (I'm hesitant to do this currently because I don't feel tanky)

- Add maneuvers / assault for more team buff fun (except I'm already having endurance issues)

- Add recall friend so that I can help my team stealth missions (except so far the only time I've seen a team do this is with 

- Add placate to help me escape sticky situations a bit easier (I don't know if this is actually useful)

- Do something with patron power pools (Soul mastery fits thematically, as Quis is a spirit, but I don't particularly feel any of the abilities add to the build) 

- Change slotting on mind link to frankenslot, reduce it to 3 slots, and move the reactive defenses set into mask presence (This would increase slot usage, though, and for what gain?)

- Add Spin for some melee AOE (This is almost certainly unnecessary, given the cooldowns of psionic tornado / psychic scream)

The current build (which you may note does not hugely diverge from Gulbasaur's) can be found below and attached.

Thank you in advance for any advice or constructive criticism you may have.

- Quis, unwitting banshee

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Quis: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Swipe -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), TchofDth-Dam%(17), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(15), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(19), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(19), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(5), RechRdx(37)
Level 6: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 8: Follow Up -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(23), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(39)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11)
Level 12: Dominate -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg(42), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 14: Mystic Flight -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Psychic Scream -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), Dtn-Acc/Dmg(37), Dtn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Dtn-Dmg/Rchg(40), Dtn-Dmg/Rng(40)
Level 18: Lunge -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(34), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25), Rct-Def(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27), RedFrt-Def(46)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/Rchg(27), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46), Rct-Def(50), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 26: Total Domination -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Acc/Rchg(29), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(33), GldNet-Dam%(48)
Level 28: Confuse -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A)
Level 30: Tactical Training: Leadership -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(31), AdjTrg-ToHit(31), GssSynFr--Build%(43)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- SpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(50)
Level 35: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(A), MlsIll-Dam%(42)
Level 41: Psionic Tornado -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg(42), PstBls-Dam%(43), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(45), RedFrt-EndRdx(45)
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(46)
Level 1: Conditioning 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Prv-Absorb%(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Boost 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Total Radial Conversion 
Level 50: Storm Elemental Total Core Improved Ally 
Level 50: Vorpal Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
------------
------------

quis.mxd

Edited by anoiktos

There are many ways to enjoy Fortunata builds; the only immediate issue I have with your particular build is taking Hasten at level 4 (and 3 slotting it; 2 50+5 should suffice). My experience with the Fortunata is there are essentially two reasons for a Fortunata to take Hasten:

1. Hasten can provide the last push to make Mind Link 'perma'
  2. It can cut some time (~5 sec?) of the Recharge time of Psychic Wail (for various slotting choices and global recharge values)

I personally don't worry so much about (1), and it appears that (2) is what you are after. I'd delay the selection of Hasten until much later in the build.

Without criticizing your build/slotting choices:

I have a different build than Gulbasaur's, and can offer you a couple of suggestions if you are chasing more damage:

1) Take Aim, and minimally slot it with a Gaussian's %Build Up and a Recharge IO. (using 6-slots in Gaussian's is good for Fortunata as they typically have execellent positional defenses and the 6th piece gives an extra 2.5% to each). I'm pretty sure that because of the long inherent recharge time that the Gaussian's is an on-demand (90% chance) to be triggered. I can't recall if taking Aim means that you have to pass on Follow-Up or not.

2) It isn't for everyone, but high-recharge builds can regularly use Unrelenting (3rd choice from the Presence pool) to also boost Damage. on Defense-based builds, I also like having Unrelenting as an HP recovery mechanism, YMMV.  When I want Unrelenting, I usually go Provoke -> Intimidate -> Unrelenting. Intimidate is a bit of a stinker, but Provoke and Unrelenting are both worthy of 6-slots (Mocking Beratement, Preventive Medicine) and Invoke Panic is also a good PBAoE control if you really want to go deep in that pool. I generally prefer Provoke (more targets but requires a hit check) over Confront (auto hit a single target in PvE). Unless you are routinely trying to taunt GMs/AVs Provoke is probably a better choice.

1 hour ago, anoiktos said:

I do hope Gulbasaur can see to forgiving me

tenor.gif.f96fc45ab40542524d84925ca4ef74c2.gif

Honestly, it looks solid and what works for me doesn't necessarily work for everyone. I found Gameboy1234's guide and Lobster's guide on the old forums really helpful when I was setting up. Tidge also tends to give very good advice and takes a fairly different approach to Fortunatas. 

I've now moved away from that exact build a bit... the core is more or less the same but I tinker with things endlessly. I've just got a new computer and I cleverly don't have any of my old builds saved. One thing I definitely did was move some slots around to get more damage procs in - all my attacks have at least one. 

Thought dump: 

• You take Hasten very early - you might want another attack if you do any Ouro stuff, but if you don't then don't worry about it.
  • I dropped Total Domination, but I always wonder if I should bring it back in. 
  • Always slot for endurance reduction, never recharge apart from the mega long cooldown powers. You can sort out the endurance through IOs, set bonuses and slotting although widows will always be endurance-hungry. 
  • Provoke is a one-slot wonder, in my opinion, but you can absolutely leave it out. I quite often run "anyone, any level" missions so it's useful for grabbing aggro off brutes who are too low level.
  • Part of me thinks I should have taken Hasten, but I slightly refuse to take that power on principle. 
  • Recall Friend is another one-slot wonder, again because I often team with lowbies. 
  • Mask Presence loses two thirds of its defence value in combat, so I don't recommend slotting it too heavily. 
  • I like Spin - having the AoE is useful. 
  • Melee hybrid was a bit underwhelming. I hop between the doublehit one and the control one nowadays.
Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

4 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:
  • Mask Presence loses two thirds of its defence value in combat, so I don't recommend slotting it too heavily. 

Ah, the beautiful slotting trap that is Mask Presence! I usually burn 6-slots of Reactive Defenses here (Endurance Discount, Global Recharge and Scaling Damage Resistance) but I am in agreement that its effects on Defense are not as impressive while you are discovered.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tidge said:

There are many ways to enjoy Fortunata builds; the only immediate issue I have with your particular build is taking Hasten at level 4 (and 3 slotting it; 2 50+5 should suffice). My experience with the Fortunata is there are essentially two reasons for a Fortunata to take Hasten:

1. Hasten can provide the last push to make Mind Link 'perma'
  2. It can cut some time (~5 sec?) of the Recharge time of Psychic Wail (for various slotting choices and global recharge values)

I personally don't worry so much about (1), and it appears that (2) is what you are after. I'd delay the selection of Hasten until much later in the build.

Without criticizing your build/slotting choices:

I have a different build than Gulbasaur's, and can offer you a couple of suggestions if you are chasing more damage:

1) Take Aim, and minimally slot it with a Gaussian's %Build Up and a Recharge IO. (using 6-slots in Gaussian's is good for Fortunata as they typically have execellent positional defenses and the 6th piece gives an extra 2.5% to each). I'm pretty sure that because of the long inherent recharge time that the Gaussian's is an on-demand (90% chance) to be triggered. I can't recall if taking Aim means that you have to pass on Follow-Up or not.

2) It isn't for everyone, but high-recharge builds can regularly use Unrelenting (3rd choice from the Presence pool) to also boost Damage. on Defense-based builds, I also like having Unrelenting as an HP recovery mechanism, YMMV.  When I want Unrelenting, I usually go Provoke -> Intimidate -> Unrelenting. Intimidate is a bit of a stinker, but Provoke and Unrelenting are both worthy of 6-slots (Mocking Beratement, Preventive Medicine) and Invoke Panic is also a good PBAoE control if you really want to go deep in that pool. I generally prefer Provoke (more targets but requires a hit check) over Confront (auto hit a single target in PvE). Unless you are routinely trying to taunt GMs/AVs Provoke is probably a better choice.

Hi Tidge! Thank you for your thoughtful response. I checked, and I can take both aim and follow-up. I absolutely love the recommendation of unrelenting - I've wanted/needed a self-heal in this build the entire time, and the only regret I have now that you've brought it up and I've worked it in is that I've had to work it in so late. I'm curious about slotting the full preventive medicine in it - I quite like the chance to absorb in my health slot; do you think it's worth giving up the 6-slot to put it there, or will it work fine in unrelenting?

47 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

tenor.gif.f96fc45ab40542524d84925ca4ef74c2.gif

Honestly, it looks solid and what works for me doesn't necessarily work for everyone. I found Gameboy1234's guide and Lobster's guide on the old forums really helpful when I was setting up. Tidge also tends to give very good advice and takes a fairly different approach to Fortunatas. 

I've now moved away from that exact build a bit... the core is more or less the same but I tinker with things endlessly. I've just got a new computer and I cleverly don't have any of my old builds saved. One thing I definitely did was move some slots around to get more damage procs in - all my attacks have at least one. 

Thought dump: 

• You take Hasten very early - you might want another attack if you do and Ouro stuff, but if you don't then don't worry about it.
  • I dropped Total Domination, but I always wonder if I should bring it back in. 
  • Always slot for endurance reduction, never recharge apart from the mega long cooldown powers. You can sort out the endurance through IOs, set bonuses and slotting although widows will always be endurance-hungry. 
  • Provoke is a one-slot wonder, in my opinion, but you can absolutely leave it out. I quite often run "anyone, any level" missions so it's useful for grabbing aggro off brutes who are too low level.
  • Part of me thinks I should have taken Hasten, but I slightly refuse to take that power on principle. 
  • Recall Friend is another one-slot wonder, again because I often team with lowbies. 
  • I like Spin - having the AoE is useful. 
  • Melee hybrid was a bit underwhelming. I hop between the doublehit one and the control one nowadays.

Wow! Hi Gulbasaur! Thanks as well for your thoughtful recommendations! I've moved Hasten down the build to *immediately before I need it*, which is to say immediately before I take Psychic Wail. Total Domination is a weird one, in that I very frequently can't tell if it's doing anything, but I really like the feeling of having yet another AOE lockdown / oh crap button in case (for example) an extra group gets pulled I don't otherwise have time to deal with.

I've gone through and changed some of the slotting from recharge to endurance, but I'm sure I've still missed some. I'll keep working on that. 

I've added Provoke and Unrelenting per Tidge's recommendations. I've also moved a lot of my core damage sequences to lower level (preferring single over multi-target) as a consideration for exemplaring. Great idea. 

Got it - dismissing the idea of slotting Mask Presence.

Per your recommendation here, and to free up slots for the provoke/unrelenting set as well as hasten, I've removed all of the melee attacks - A fully ranged fort fits the concept better anyhow, and will give me a bit of leeway to 'tank' from range when things get dicey. As a consequence I've picked up TK blast again as well as Subdue to fill out the attack chain. I believe between TK blast, subdue, and dominate I should never have a moment single-target without something to cast, and I believe the same will be the case for AoE with scream and tornado. I'm a bit torn on my slotting for scream, but I figured I should put those ATOs somewhere for the set bonus. Might consider switching it to a proc-based frankenslotting paradigm instead and giving up on that ATO set. 

I've also taken Aim, six-slotted it with gaussians, and moved it as high up as possible. Follow up and Total Domination have both been moved to the very end, as they're more "nice to haves" than core functionality for me with these changes (especially as Follow Up becomes my only remaining melee attack). 

Here's the build with changes based on both of your recommendations; I'd love to know what more can be tweaked to improve it.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Quis: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Presence

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- Tmp-Acc/Dmg(A), Tmp-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Tmp-Dmg/Rchg(17), Tmp-EndDrn%(19), ExpStr-Dam%(21), Apc-Dam%(23)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Subdue -- Tmp-EndDrn%(A), Tmp-Dmg/Rchg(13), Tmp-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Tmp-Acc/Dmg(15), TraoftheH-Dam%(15), GrvAnc-Hold%(13)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Psychic Scream -- DmnofArc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), DmnofArc-Acc/Dmg(19), DmnofArc-Dmg/Rchg(36), DmnofArc-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), DmnofArc-Rchg/-DmgFear(40), DmnofArc-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11)
Level 12: Dominate -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Acc/Dmg(42), NrnSht-Dam%(45)
Level 14: Psionic Tornado -- ExpStr-Dam%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(29), Ann-Acc/Dmg(37), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dam%(43)
Level 16: Provoke -- MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(A), MckBrt-Taunt(23), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(48)
Level 18: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Build%(36)
Level 22: Foresight -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25), Rct-Def(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27), RedFrt-Def(46)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/Rchg(27), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 26: Tactical Training: Leadership -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(31), AdjTrg-ToHit(31), AdjTrg-Rchg(43)
Level 28: Confuse -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(37)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- SpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(33), SpdBit-Acc/Dmg(33), SpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 35: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Intimidate -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 41: Unrelenting -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45), Prv-Absorb%(48)
Level 44: Follow Up -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A)
Level 47: Total Domination -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(50), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(50), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(46)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Boost 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Total Radial Conversion 
Level 50: Storm Elemental Total Core Improved Ally 
Level 50: Vorpal Core Final Judgement 
------------
------------

Thanks again for all your help!

I'll post two of my Fortunata builds. Note that I tend to build for IO set bonuses. It is possible to get different performance by (more) franken-slotting.

All IOs are attuned, with the regular, non-set IOs boosted to 50+5. It is possible that for powers with a single slot that I may have Hami-Os in them; like @Gulbasaur I do a lot of tweaking.

This one is one-half of a DUO-build, this half concentrates on being non-stabby; the other half of the pair has the stabby attacks. The focus is on AoE, with a healthy dose of control. I play this character A LOT, at all levels. It can be a little slow against certain Boss+ targets, which is why I have a few options for -Res at higher levels.

Text:

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

T1: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg:50(3), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(3), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(5), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(5)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A)
Level 2: Subdue -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic:50(7), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg:50(7), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(9), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(11)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(13)
Level 6: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 8: Psychic Scream -- Rgn-Dmg:50(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(13), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(15), Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(15), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(17), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%:50(17)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc:50(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(19)
Level 12: Dominate -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold:30(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold:30(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(21), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(21), Apc-Dam%:50(23), UnbCns-Dam%:50(23)
Level 14: Provoke -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 16: Intimidate -- Fear-I:50(A)
Level 18: Invoke Panic -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Rchg:50(A), GlmoftheA-Dam%:50(25), GlmoftheA-EndRdx/Fear:50(25), GlmoftheA-Fear/Rng:50(27), GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg:50(27)
Level 20: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(50)
Level 22: Foresight -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(29), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(29)
Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg:50(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(31), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(31)
Level 26: Unrelenting -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(34), Prv-Absorb%:50(34)
Level 28: Confuse -- CrcPrs-Conf:50(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg:50(34), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg:50(36), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg:50(36), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx:50(36), CrcPrs-Conf%:50(37)
Level 30: Mask Presence -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(37), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), Rct-ResDam%:50(39)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg:50(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(40), Arm-Dam%:50(42), Erd-%Dam:30(42)
Level 35: Mu Lightning -- Thn-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg:50(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg:50(A), MlsIll-Dam%:50(45)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Ann-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg:50(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(46), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(46), Ann-ResDeb%:50(48)
Level 44: Static Discharge -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg:50(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng:50(50), PstBls-Dam%:50(50)
Level 47: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%:20(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod:50(A), PrfShf-End%:50(11)
------------
------------

Data:

Here is another Fortunata build that is more of a Hybrid of Melee and Range, using similar Power Pool choices, except that this build is using Hasten (IIRC, it is perma with two 50+5 IOs). This build is slightly more team friendly (with Provoke, TT:Leadership) but I'm not sure that teams care that much if they are getting Mind Link! It has less control, and doesn't use the %Terrorize ATO proc.

This build is chasing (via set bonuses) Global Recharge and Positional Defenses, with a healthy dose of Endurance effects (MaxEnd, Endurance Discounts, Recovery). Another player's priorities could shift slots, obviously. Mind Link is available "perma" but you have to juggle Hasten and Mind Link.

Specific to one element of @anoiktos thinking, this build has Spin VERY LATE. In my defense, I knew that it was going to have the full Obliteration set, so I didn't want it before level 28. (It could be swapped with Mask Presence at 28, but I wanted that extra Stealth ASAP for Weekly TF/SF runs.) If taken earlier, I think using the Winter Set (6xSuperior Avalanche) or Frankenslotting it with the Fury of the Gladiator %-Res can be valid choices for Spin.

If I want to come up with one slot, I think I can can sacrifice the extra Melee defense from the 6th piece of Obliteration. Candidates to use this extra slot are Psychic Scream (for the ATO %Terrorize proc) or changing Fly to the Blessing of the Zephyr set for extra ranged defense.

Text:

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

T2: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Poison Dart -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg:50(3), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(3), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(5), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(5)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(A)
Level 2: Strike -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg:50(7), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(7), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic:50(11)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(13)
Level 6: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 8: Psychic Scream -- Rgn-Dmg:50(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(13), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(15), Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(15), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(17)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc:50(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(17)
Level 12: Dominate -- UnbCns-Hold:50(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(19), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(19), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(21), UnbCns-Dam%:50(21), Apc-Dam%:50(23)
Level 14: Provoke -- MckBrt-Taunt:50(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg:50(23), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng:50(25), MckBrt-Rchg:50(25), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg:50(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng:50(27)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx:50(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(50), GssSynFr--Build%:50(50)
Level 18: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg:50(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg:50(29), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(31), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(31), Hct-Dam%:50(31), TchofDth-Dam%:40(33)
Level 20: Intimidate -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- UnbGrd-Max HP%:30(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(33), LucoftheG-Def:50(33)
Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg:50(34), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(34)
Level 26: Unrelenting -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(36), Prv-Absorb%:50(37)
Level 28: Mask Presence -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(37), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), Rct-ResDam%:50(39)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(40)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg:50(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), Arm-Dam%:50(42), Erd-%Dam:30(42)
Level 35: Spin -- Obl-Dmg:50(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg:50(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg:50(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45), Obl-%Dam:50(45)
Level 38: Mu Lightning -- Thn-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), Thn-Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(46), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(48)
Level 41: Invoke Panic -- GlmoftheA-Dam%:50(A)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Leadership -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I:50(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:40(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod:50(A), PrfShf-End%:50(11)
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Marshal
------------
------------

Data:

Edited by tidge

Fascinating. It's really interesting to me how different goals can be met by different builds of this AT - the hybridesque nature of its base means that different power / IO slotting can get extremely different results. Your builds imply much deeper pockets than I have at the moment (I honestly wouldn't even consider purple IOs right now), but they're an excellent insight into what's possible in that context. Thank you for sharing!

• 1 month later

This is my current build, it has Mind Link perma and is heavily AoE orientated. If I find myself not using Ball Lightening much I might swap it out for a procced Dominate but I would lose the Recharge from the set. It is a heavily melee orientated build.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Auditor: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Swipe -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(3), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(3), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36)
Level 2: Strike -- CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(31), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(36), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 4: Subdue -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Acc/Rchg(9), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Apc-Dam%(39)
Level 6: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def/EndRdx(A), Rct-Def(43), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(46), Rct-Def/Rchg(46), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 8: Follow Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), HO:Membr(40), HO:Membr(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40), Mk'Bit-Dam%(42), GldStr-%Dam(42)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11)
Level 12: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(17)
Level 14: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dam%(17), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dam%(31)
Level 16: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 18: Psionic Tornado -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), PstBls-Dam%(19), JvlVll-Dam%(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), ExpStr-Dam%(21), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 24: Mind Link -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 28: Aim -- HO:Membr(A), HO:Membr(46)
Level 30: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(34), Erd-%Dam(37)
Level 35: Tactical Training: Leadership -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(42), TraoftheH-Dam%(43), JvlVll-Dam%(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45)
Level 44: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Aura of Confusion -- Prp-Rchg/Conf(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Prv-Absorb%(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(11), Pnc-Heal/+End(29)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(33), PrfShf-EndMod(43)
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------
------------

I would say, go Night Widow, Perma Mind link which is easy sauce, because the difference between 240 and 300 Sec ML is huge. NW's get the extra 20% recharge, so essentially your defense will be capped and beyond. NW's with Proc's are monsters, and I know some will disagree, but Fortunas are Anemic damage wise compared.