High damage builds

Gobbledigook

20 minutes ago, Maxzero said:

Gloom's DPA is just too good. Especially if you use the no slotted recharge version with 3 procs.

I generally look at as a place for an apocalypse set. I always need another 10% more recharge. Although.... maybe on the tank or brute I could just make sure I have enough global recharge to push followup, gloom, focus, slash and get a couple more procs in there....

17 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I generally look at as a place for an apocalypse set. I always need another 10% more recharge. Although.... maybe on the tank or brute I could just make sure I have enough global recharge to push followup, gloom, focus, slash and get a couple more procs in there....

Try it.

On almost every build I make Gloom is the highest DPA attack I have access to.

My current project is a SR/Claws who's goal is to be able to solo ITF +4/x8 so it has like 45% S/L base resist plus perma double stacked Tanker +resist, Darkest Night and Rune of Protection (55% uptime) with decent ST DPS. On paper its ST DPS should be around 350.

The DPA on the Gloom is 368 with double stacked Follow Up. Couldn't make the rotation work without it.

Edited by Maxzero

6 minutes ago, Maxzero said:

My current project is a SR/Claws who's goal is to be able to solo ITF +4/x8 so it has like 45% S/L base resist plus perma double stacked Tanker +resist, Darkest Night and Rune of Protection (55% uptime) with decent ST DPS. On paper its ST DPS should be around 350.

I did the Werner rules ITF without DN or RoP on my SR/Claws. DN will make it safer but you don't need RoP at all. Be sure to crank up your Nrg/NegNrg DR though.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

3 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I did the Werner rules ITF without DN or RoP on my SR/Claws. DN will make it safer but you don't need RoP at all.

I know I don't NEED it. But I WANT it.

I want the tankiest AND punchiest Tanker ever. RoP and DN cost me so little slot wise yet add a lot of defence.

Edited by Maxzero
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

They really need to look at the other epic pools. Gloom should not be the end all be all of attack powers nor should it be better than the majority of all attack primaries. and secondaries.

True statement. I've always avoided gloom on my claws users due to redraw but now that we can just run with no redraw it makes little sense to avoid it other than needing to go Nrg/Body Mastery for more end.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:28 AM, Sovera said:

Meh. Leveled one a while back. Nothing about it was impressive, neither AoE nor ST. Perhaps with the new ToF though. Fire/Rad was my favorite with a much beefier heal and the impressively good passive AoE. Irradiated Ground at 28 spoils it a bit, it should be 20, and then Gloom instead of Devastating(gly) (slow)Blow.

ToF is a good bit of a game changer with it. I didn't take fiery embrace. Rethinking that, since blazing aura is a waste of time. With  melee core, agility core, I sit at 90 s/l/f/e/n , 81c, 60 tox, 40p. ~30 def s/l/m.

Looks like swapping out blazing aura for fiery embrace nets a lot of damage for 20 secs uptime, 28 sec downtime. SM/ToF rake in 500 damage each, burn 620. MG 792 damage, SL 600, smite 400. 1 sec cast fences pulls in ~260 damage.

Even without blazing aura, it rakes in massive damage.  That might not be impressive to you, but I find very impressive (actually testing and playing with it)

edit: (3 second downtime on souldrain, permahasten)

edit edit: just how much damage are you expecting a TANK to pull in?!

Edited by Hew

6 hours ago, Hew said:

ToF is a good bit of a game changer with it. I didn't take fiery embrace. Rethinking that, since blazing aura is a waste of time. With  melee core, agility core, I sit at 90 s/l/f/e/n , 81c, 60 tox, 40p. ~30 def s/l/m.

Looks like swapping out blazing aura for fiery embrace nets a lot of damage for 20 secs uptime, 28 sec downtime. SM/ToF rake in 500 damage each, burn 620. MG 792 damage, SL 600, smite 400. 1 sec cast fences pulls in ~260 damage.

Even without blazing aura, it rakes in massive damage.  That might not be impressive to you, but I find very impressive (actually testing and playing with it)

edit: (3 second downtime on souldrain, permahasten)

edit edit: just how much damage are you expecting a TANK to pull in?!

No Blazing Aura, no Fiery Embrace.. *clutches chest*.. Mah heart... How is Blazing Aura a waste of time if it's on all the time? Did you mean waste of a power? But it's a damage aura... it's a prized commodity. And Fiery Embrace boosts all damage, not just fire damage.

I do a ton of damage on my favorite, so I'm biased. It's a Tanker as well. I haven't tried the new DM though but I don't think a second AoE will change my mind much other than being pretty spammable. I foresee easily Siphon Life, Shadow Maul, Touch of Fear, Siphon Life.

• Like 1

Ah, you missed this from my post above!

-> Looks like swapping out blazing aura for fiery embrace nets a lot of damage for 20 secs uptime, 28 sec downtime. <-

I can totally do without blazing aura. Yes, its free damage. No, it isn't really meaningful when everything croaks in a FS alpha.

On the ToF side of things, it looks like 4 procs and 2 dam in it produces more damage over time. Whether it is worth sacrificing the 7.5 fc/ 7.5 aoe is another question. 

5 hours ago, Hew said:

Ah, you missed this from my post above!

-> Looks like swapping out blazing aura for fiery embrace nets a lot of damage for 20 secs uptime, 28 sec downtime. <-

I can totally do without blazing aura. Yes, its free damage. No, it isn't really meaningful when everything croaks in a FS alpha.

On the ToF side of things, it looks like 4 procs and 2 dam in it produces more damage over time. Whether it is worth sacrificing the 7.5 fc/ 7.5 aoe is another question. 

Blazing Aura and Fiery Embrace are both staples. If you can't fit both into your build I would look to make changes elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Tsuko said:

but Blazing is not the only "taunt aura" in fiery armor ?

This. Not sure why people think blazing aura is so MUST HAVE.

If you kill things sloooowly? Sure. If you are killing things in 1 cycle of an attack chain? Well, you get what, 1 dot of damage? MAYBE 2? 

If you have NO need for taunt methods, because you pick and slot early on fold space? That has to be a pretty alien concept as well it seems. 

The cost of blazing aura is effectively the most useful tool a tank has in their arsenal: fold space. Put combat teleport together with fold space, and truly unique things can happen. 

Just something to think about!

17 minutes ago, Maxzero said:

Eh to me Fold Space is overrated. The best you can hope for is a 30~ sec CD Wormhole that only affects minions at +4 and Minions and Lts at +3. Most of which are killed in the initial AoE rotation anyway.

Actually, no. Look closely at what happens when you FS. You will see you pull mobs from different spawns. As a result, EVERYTHING in those spawns actually agros on you, but only as you kill off members of the pack.

It is delayed gratification. You can, with absolutely no effort at all, pull half of the asteroid farm map at once with a single use of FS.

It's use in agro management is amazing and unparalleled. You don't have to taunt anything, they just stream right to you. For a brute? I am not sure that is the case. I would assume so, but tanks have gauntlet built in which throws wood on that fire.

edit: I realize that using FS/CT, both new powers, is uncharted territory. And that picking 3 powers is for many people a high cost for their highly tuned builds, which is totally understandable. But like everything in life, people see different opportunities in different ways. That doesn't make one any worse than the other, just different! I am all for experimentation, with sometimes unexpected results both good and bad.

Edited by Hew

3 hours ago, Hew said:

Actually, no. Look closely at what happens when you FS. You will see you pull mobs from different spawns. As a result, EVERYTHING in those spawns actually agros on you, but only as you kill off members of the pack.

It is delayed gratification. You can, with absolutely no effort at all, pull half of the asteroid farm map at once with a single use of FS.

It's use in agro management is amazing and unparalleled. You don't have to taunt anything, they just stream right to you. For a brute? I am not sure that is the case. I would assume so, but tanks have gauntlet built in which throws wood on that fire.

edit: I realize that using FS/CT, both new powers, is uncharted territory. And that picking 3 powers is for many people a high cost for their highly tuned builds, which is totally understandable. But like everything in life, people see different opportunities in different ways. That doesn't make one any worse than the other, just different! I am all for experimentation, with sometimes unexpected results both good and bad.

As a Tanker you are usually at the agro cap in farms anyway. At that point its all about having the minimum level of survival with max damage output. You would probably be better off spending those three power slots on Assault and some extra filler AoEs to use between Foot Stomp/Atom Smasher/Spin/Spine Burst like Cross Punch with a FF +recharge proc or some PPP AoEs. A Dark Ob or BL will also agro a pack from range but also do damage with only a 1 sec cast time.

Edited by Maxzero