Influence sink - Recharge inspiration

Basically have a high priced Recharge inspiration that cuts recharge time by X amount per inspiration.. Its an instant cut off the time.. 

• Like 1

I'd like to add to this suggestion:

tier 1 - 20% +recharge

tier 2 - 40% +recharge

tier 3 - 60% +recharge

Incarnate tier - 100% +Recharge

Mechanics: does not stack, only increases duration (maximum 5 minutes)

Does not naturally drop, must be bought from vendors. smalls can be purchased at hospitals for 5000 inf, mediums can be purchased from high level enhancement vendors for 10,000 inf, larges are bought from higher level contacts (give the contact stores some use) for 50k inf. Incarnate tiers are bought from Ouroboros incarnate vendor for 10 threads and 100k inf.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

tier 1 - 20% +recharge

tier 2 - 40% +recharge

tier 3 - 60% +recharge

Does not naturally drop, must be bought from vendors. smalls can be purchased at hospitals for 5000 inf, mediums can be purchased from high level enhancement vendors for 10,000 inf, larges are bought from higher level contacts (give the contact stores some use) for 50k inf. Incarnate tiers are bought from Ouroboros incarnate vendor for 10 threads and 100k inf.

Add a 1 and two 0s then we’d be talkin. 

• Like 1

love this idea but lets throw in a way to earn these for those that dont have large amounts of cash, perhaps dropped or won in pvp zones? or added to loot tables? Also just throwin out here but certain t9's might require some retooling to prevent exploits.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

49 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

love this idea but lets throw in a way to earn these for those that dont have large amounts of cash, perhaps dropped or won in pvp zones? or added to loot tables? Also just throwin out here but certain t9's might require some retooling to prevent exploits.

Well, I'm not big on making them buy only, but the idea for this was to have an inf sink, right? So, it needs to be something you need to spend money to obtain and restock on if you want to use it. Or at least have SGmates stock up and throw into a bin. The idea of it being sold strictly by NPCs also regulates its value so people can't just get them and resell them on the market.

2 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

On 7/26/2020 at 11:49 PM, Sakura Tenshi said:

tier 1 - 20% +recharge

tier 2 - 40% +recharge

tier 3 - 60% +recharge

I think having the lowest at 20% for 5k is a decent price.. Just about every toon has recharge via IO set bonuses and/or Hasten as well.   Meaning that is obtainable by a non farming player at level 50. 
Maybe make a 10% Inspiration that drops. Maybe stack-able ?  So it would be something else a non farming player could create to make some money on AH ? 

As I have the ability to farm I am honestly out of the loop.  Might need some non farming players to chime in on some reality.

Well the small recharge is in the game already outside of set bonuses.   You can craft a base empowerment offering +20% recharge (lasts 90 min) and several powers also offer a +20% recharge (plus other effects) such as SR's Quickness.  Not sure what the p2w Offensive amplifier boost is but I believe it includes recharge as well and I'd bet it's similar in effect.  So an inspire is certainly not out of line.  +100% is certainly the highest I'd go (equal to the recharge of Empathy's t9 Adrenaline Boost). And +20% looks to be a good minimum.

Edit: While not stacking is an option not sure it's a necessary limitation.  There is a Hard cap, some abilities and powers aren't effected and duration and carrying capacity  both place limits albeit with some work arounds (primarily in game email).

Edited by Doomguide2005
Add Edit

4 hours ago, plainguy said:

I think having the lowest at 20% for 5k is a decent price.. Just about every toon has recharge via IO set bonuses and/or Hasten as well.   Meaning that is obtainable by a non farming player at level 50. 
Maybe make a 10% Inspiration that drops. Maybe stack-able ?  So it would be something else a non farming player could create to make some money on AH ? 

As I have the ability to farm I am honestly out of the loop.  Might need some non farming players to chime in on some reality.

I dont farm anymore i just dont have the time. I play extremely casually at this point and while money isn't an issue for me it could be for others who play casually and don't have the time to farm either. 

3 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Well the small recharge is in the game already outside of set bonuses.   You can craft a base empowerment offering +20% recharge (lasts 90 min) and several powers also offer a +20% recharge (plus other effects) such as SR's Quickness.  Not sure what the p2w Offensive amplifier boost is but I believe it includes recharge as well and I'd bet it's similar in effect.  So an inspire is certainly not out of line.  +100% is certainly the highest I'd go (equal to the recharge of Empathy's t9 Adrenaline Boost). And +20% looks to be a good minimum.

Edit: While not stacking is an option not sure it's a necessary limitation.  There is a Hard cap, some abilities and powers aren't effected and duration and carrying capacity  both place limits albeit with some work arounds (primarily in game email).

i disagree. stacking should definitely be disallowed. people will find exploits and while there is a cap i can imagine a kin popping a few of these stacking themselves up with siphon speed and then just alternating between siphon speed and fulcrum shift to stay at the damage and recharge cap. and that's just an off the top of my head example.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

You may be right that's what the test server would be good for (or should be).  Still it would take a lot of effort to maintain a large boost continuously over the course of a mission(s). It would take, for instance, filling and using 5 medium (40%) to maintain a +200% recharge increase (that's using the equal of your entire capacity in 4 minutes) ... how easy that would be depends largely on two things. 1) duration of buff,  2) Being able to combine via macros to rapidily create more.   The standard and assumption above is a duration of 60 seconds.  It seems also assumed the only way to acquire one is via purchase.  Both I think likely could be adjusted if desired or necessary.

The Kin example ... well the same thing can and does occur if they've got the 'right' teammate (s).  Another Kin and Empath and you're looking at at least a 150% recharge buff permanently ... now if you want add a base empowerment and and an Amplifier and you're sitting right at +195%. (Amplifier, having looked it up is +15%)

Cost can also be adjusted if it's too low.  

And recharge is a diminishing returns buff.  The last 200% towards the cap amount to seconds trimmed off with many powers.  Could that be critical sure but I'm fairly sure that's not the rule.

Or you could just make it non-stackable.  *shrug*