What Would You Change About Dominators?

oedipus_tex

7 hours ago, Nemitri2 said:

Has anybody suggested making domination behave like brute's fury? hear me out, instead of gaining more damage the bar fills but, Dominator control sets have a higher chance to apply extra magnitudes of the power?(or perhaps they last longer with more domination bar) domination would become a passive ability at this point, the Archetype still benefits from recharge, but not mandatory like before. as for the mezz protection, perhaps as the domination bar fills out you get more magnitude protection from crowd control? I love this approach, as it something less Doms would need to mircormanage to be honest.

Also would love to see attack sets that are either entirely melee or ranged, I dislike this wishy-washy approach, for example Mind/Psi has a weird mix of powers that reward you for being at long range, then there are  powers that are up close such as drain psyche and psychic shockwave!

Yes it's been suggested.  I ask why would you want to copy the pattern of some other butterfly and not just be a unique little butterfly yourself?

9 hours ago, Nemitri2 said:

Also would love to see attack sets that are either entirely melee or ranged, I dislike this wishy-washy approach, for example Mind/Psi has a weird mix of powers that reward you for being at long range, then there are  powers that are up close such as drain psyche and psychic shockwave!

You can just skip them. How many attacks do you need in your rotation?

1 hour ago, Herotu said:

Guns, Guns, Guns.

Where are guns (pistol/rifle/beam - there are lots of existing animations to play with)? 

Actually, where are the tear gas grenades, flashbang grenades, tasers, etc... I want Gadget Control.

And it would go nicely with a Gun Assault set, too.

• Like 2

Before I write the bulk of my contribution --  
Remember that Domination builds half way similar to Fury for brutes

Every time a dominator attacks, domination builds up and builds up 

Unlike a brute, you don't get domination built up when you get hit 

If you are after permanently domination , the best way is to go for it via the use of IOs.   The IO sets is really what you want for dominators 

Get that recharge stacked up and off you go 

I know about Dominators...

I played the game for 7 years and I had at least 4 fully decked out Dominators and others that were not yet decked out fully by the time the servers closed

I LOVED EVERYTHING as they were.   

The hold times , delicious, domination is HEAVEN (OR HELL IF you are a villain).   

Perma domination is the only way I would ever play dominators 

So, it was always my priority to gear it with full IOs, the best IOs, for the best build possible. 

To me it makes no sense and not anywhere near fun to play Domi without permanent domination. 

Plant thorns was my favorited UNTIL ... yep, UNTIL DARK/DARK came out 

Plant thorns was my farming toon, dark/dark was my top , earth/earth was my SMASHING like a Dominator brute build, earth thorns was my ultra defense debuff character , and so on ... 

I would change this --

I want IOs specifically for Dominators , to boost holds, damage, recharge and so on.  

Edited by Voltak