What Would You Change About Dominators?

oedipus_tex

5 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Maybe your doms aren't being played to their fullest potential?  Before we go nerfing and buffing things it's always a good starter question to ask if maybe it isn't you that hasn't broadened your scope.  

I'm on Excelsior if any of you'd like a PL from my dom I'd be more than happy to share some pointers as we play.

Sounds like at least one person here is limited in scope. 

Overall my biggest gripe with dominators is they are too reliant on being high level. This is both because of how much better they become when built for permadom and how much they get from their epic powers. In particular the epics fill in aoe where the secondarys can often be stuffed full of single target with only mismatched aoe options.

I don't know what I'd do about domination but there must be a way of making the balance between the low and high level gameplay better. For the secondarys I would strongly consider throwing out the cottage rule and rebuilding them to at least work better with themselves. No more tiny narrow cone and pbaoe combinations. I think I've seen someone discussing the idea of swapping powers between the secondarys and the epics to even out the progression and that sounds a decent idea to me where it would work.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kiramon said:

Sounds like at least one person here is limited in scope. 

How so?  My doms are built to fill whatever role is necessary on the team along with taking advantage of my play style.

I don't feel inadequate with AoE damage when teamed with blasters, I have better ST damage comparably, I have a pretty strong ST debuff to contribute in that way particularly for AV fights and hold their aggro if necessary, my dom can stop 48 targets dead in their tracks all within seconds to pair with brute like defenses which then lets me tank mobs if needed.  Point being there's nothing I don't see that can't be achieved on a dominator.

I think they did much for the dominator AT with that revamp last August on top of snipe being what it is now and origin pool shields.  

Rather they invested time into making more fun and harder content tbh.  

Just now, Mezmera said:

How so?  My doms are built to fill whatever role is necessary on the team along with taking advantage of my play style.

I don't feel inadequate with AoE damage when teamed with blasters, I have better ST damage comparably, I have a pretty strong ST debuff to contribute in that way particularly for AV fights and hold their aggro if necessary, my dom can stop 48 targets dead in their tracks all within seconds to pair with brute like defenses which then lets me tank mobs if needed.  Point being there's nothing I don't see that can't be achieved on a dominator.

I think they did much for the dominator AT with that revamp last August on top of snipe being what it is now and origin pool shields.  

Rather they invested time into making more fun and harder content tbh.  

I feel people are looking inclusively at their own performance rather than the broader AT balance, hence limited in scope. The problem isn't that Dominators are weak. No AT is really weak (though I'd argue that CORs are top on the list of weak compared to their mirror); the issue is more what it takes to get to strong, the cost, and the tax on the AT as a whole.

This is why the scope isn't just about 'Make my AT better' -- it's about making the AT more balanced vs itself. Again, this isn't a power level conversation. This is what it takes to get there and the highs/lows that are attributed to that -- it's not in a healthy state. Workable? Yes. Doesn't mean it's perfect and doesn't mean it should be that way. 

37 minutes ago, kiramon said:

I feel people are looking inclusively at their own performance rather than the broader AT balance, hence limited in scope. The problem isn't that Dominators are weak. No AT is really weak (though I'd argue that CORs are top on the list of weak compared to their mirror); the issue is more what it takes to get to strong, the cost, and the tax on the AT as a whole.

This is why the scope isn't just about 'Make my AT better' -- it's about making the AT more balanced vs itself. Again, this isn't a power level conversation. This is what it takes to get there and the highs/lows that are attributed to that -- it's not in a healthy state. Workable? Yes. Doesn't mean it's perfect and doesn't mean it should be that way. 

But the mechanic that's been around since Villains started is pretty unique, yes back on live I side with the argument of normalizing the damage buff you got across being in domination and not but aside from that the villain AT's all have a pretty unique inherent.

Typically I'll like to a get a ride to 30, only because the lower content bores me and all AT's get more powers to play with by then.  At 30 I'll go and set my toons up with IO sets and play them to 50, if I make a dom it'll be perma at 30 not really at a big cost, it's more of the know-how to get it with there being that extra half hour you'll spend crafting, and in the long run not having to replace SOs every 5 levels tends to cost out around what it'd take you to kit yourself up to start.  

I said before why is there a need to make a completely different AT feel the same as another?  There's plenty of ATs to play in this game. 

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1

I think one of the biggest things dominators need is to rework the primary control sets to be more distinct from controllers.  A lot of the older control sets are full of powers that double as attacks - most immobilizes, levitate, propel, etc.  We have a full assault secondary, those powers are really only useful very early on or in later game/high end build scenarios.  Pushing out some chaffe intended for "the other side" and pulling in powers with some manner of utility would be nice.  Plus the endurance drain from using those powers as attacks is a trap for new players (if there is still such a thing).

I think the double-whammy of the purple patch affecting accuracy for controls and mez duration could be revisited. 

The purple triangles of doom could use a refresh as well - they are far too punishing for a mid-level average or below average build solo or on a small team.

I'd be wary of changing the domination button too much more, it has reached a nice state of peace with itself.  Permadom isn't quite the same game changing event it was back when domination gave a damage boost.  By the time you get permadom in the late game it isn't as game-changing anymore: you should have plenty enough powers to deal with full sized spawns regardless (unless you are sporting a control-lite build and skipped most of those powers), with most things locked down you don't get mezzed very much, your endurance problems should be mostly resolved.  The break free is nice.  On large teams steam rolling content or running solo I'll usually forget it is there.  If anything I'd figure out how to get more domination benefits earlier into the game - not necessarily permanent but more often.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mezmera said:

I have better ST damage comparably

Unless you're counting damage from a Control set pet, I'm not seeing it. Blasters will run +30% damage or so (from Defiance) over a Dominator as well as having better damage scales and lower recharges on the harder hitting powers (12s vs. 20s on Sniper attacks, for example). Blasters also get accuracy/hit/recharge/defense buffs in their Assault sets that Dominators don't, making it easier to build towards raw damage. Even Blaster melee attacks hit harder than Dominator melee attacks (although not by nearly as much as ranged attacks).

1 hour ago, Hjarki said:

Unless you're counting damage from a Control set pet, I'm not seeing it. Blasters will run +30% damage or so (from Defiance) over a Dominator as well as having better damage scales and lower recharges on the harder hitting powers (12s vs. 20s on Sniper attacks, for example). Blasters also get accuracy/hit/recharge/defense buffs in their Assault sets that Dominators don't, making it easier to build towards raw damage. Even Blaster melee attacks hit harder than Dominator melee attacks (although not by nearly as much as ranged attacks).

Maybe you haven't seen the damage numbers with the Energy Assault revamp.  They are quite juicy.  The damage on TF and Power Burst is staggering.  Dom snipes have a 3.56 damage scale compared to 2.78 for blasters at the max tohitt scale required.  Great recharge is already accounted for as a well built dom anyhow so waiting on attacks to recharge is not an issue.  

Mix in a +120% damage boost along with +35% tohitt from the Soul Drain Epic power doms can get, yes that's assuming larger crowds so lets say a more normalized 85% dmg boost and 20% tohitt boosts almost always active thanks to well baked in recharge.  We also get the dom ATO proc that boosts dmg 21.25% with every stack of up to 5, granted I'll typically have 1-2 stacks running so lets just say 1.5, that'll make up for your defiance right there.  We also get power build up for another 34% dmg.  I also have a 45% dmg boost in bonuses along with tons of accuracy bonuses, I'd assume a well built blaster would have nearly the same though.  

When I get to grind into the AV my chain is TF into a Power Burst with an Energy Release and then Snipe, and I'll mix in a hold to maintain the dom proc, power buildup and soul drain all to keep my damage boosts flowing.  

The rare occasion where the blaster is at the very top of their damage cap that doms cannot match is about where I'll concede the blaster can out dps me in ST damage with its scale, but getting that high is a hard thing to do without a couple of kins powering that blaster.  

Edited by Mezmera

Thanks for your thoughts posters above.

I haven't studied the numbers closely but I'm fairly sure the average Blaster beats the average Dominator in AoE damage. There are probably a handful of Dominator builds that deal more damage than some of the lower or mid tier Blasters, but there isn't a Dominator power combo that lands like Build Up + Aim + Geyser. Blasters aren't just good at damage, they're good at  burst damage, often at comfortable ranges. Even the nukes that are PBAoE are usually 25ft radius. This is working as intended and is fine.

I do find most of the Blaster single target melee attacks mostly silly. However, it doesn't really matter because you can just skip them and still be a great Blaster. A Dominator doesn't really get that option, no matter what happens you will be tooting around with that 15ft PBAoE attack and narrow cone, waiting to get to level 40 before any real AoE attacks finally get slotted. The Assault set is your attack set the same way it is for Defenders or Tankers, who do get attacks later, but not that much later. Dominator is really the only AT other than Controller waiting so long for bread and butter attacks; that's fine on Controllers since they are supposed to focus on other things, but Dominator is a damage class.

I don't mean to whine. There's good stuff about Doms. I do find the melee based design doesn't really hold up though. The motif "Controls as Armor" falls apart once enemies can kill you in two hits if you whiff a mezz. Unarmored characters past a certain difficulty threshold just absolutely do not belong anywhere near melee. There are builds that can pull it off, especially using /Psi, but they require a major investment. 

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 2

Point 4 to start it off we should keep all the alignment powers after we unlocked them. It takes a week to unlock you should keep it. Yeah most people will just park most villains just for the amazing Frenzy yet for those that play villain and rogue it would be nice to have that power.

Part 5 is overall true even though I only really used Savage and Martial Assault. T1 savage skill does lower def and snares abit yet it could be a bit stronger pre alpha slot. t1 martial has the better animation over the awkward yet busted trick shot. So imo it should be a cone since you're throwing three shurikens since the set is starved for ranged AOE and the melee AOE was never impactful enough for me to invest in.

Dom already ups the mag of all mez if it made thing tick faster, front loaded and or increased damage kinda like how control core "Waylay" works that could be interesting. It won't step on controller toes too much because they have more defensive options. Doms are legit glass without Dom. Which makes me agree then need some mez protection "offline" because I made it a habit before even zoning to areas to make sure I am "online" and it makes be antsy to sit around for while I gotta keep fighting to keep my timing right with my permadom. Dom is already a CC break yet we do need something like low grade Indomitable Will across the board. That's why I took psi mastery for when I do die or lose dom in zone I can pop that work to be online again. Instead of leaping on my savage or throwing a trick shot on martial and instantly getting held then mauled.  IF anything Dom should work like Brute's meter as it ramps up damage, mez magnitude, mez def/res which could allow some build freedom. Since now it's Permadom or die which I can understand why some people just play Trollers. 

Yeah that's the main scenario I'm talking about with mezz protection. It's all fine and dandy to run around with Domination on but if you die, which you will a lot if you actually fulfill the classes' melee design, you get locked out of Domination mode. In AE content it's not uncommon for me to spend most of the time out of Domination mode because of death lockouts.

I don't feel like Clarion or the Psi APP fix this. Those are specialty fixes. This class belongs at close range and should have the tools it needs. Being afraid to approach enemies because getting 2-shot ruins my mezz protection puts a damper on the class.

Larger than this, powers like Arctic Air shouldn't be subject to detoggle. There are powers out there that affect enemies that do not detoggle on mezz, like Blaster Cauterizing Aura. You may say, well, that power also provides stats to the caster. And I think if Arctic Air is supposed to function as this "play in the sprinklers at dangerously close range" power it should do that as well. But that's a discussion for Ice Control specifically.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

Thanks for your thoughts posters above.

I haven't studied the numbers closely but I'm fairly sure the average Blaster beats the average Dominator in AoE damage. There are probably a handful of Dominator builds that deal more damage than some of the lower or mid tier Blasters, but there isn't a Dominator power combo that lands like Build Up + Aim + Geyser. Blasters aren't just good at damage, they're good at  burst damage, often at comfortable ranges. Even the nukes that are PBAoE are usually 25ft radius. This is working as intended and is fine.

I do find most of the Blaster single target melee attacks mostly silly. However, it doesn't really matter because you can just skip them and still be a great Blaster. A Dominator doesn't really get that option, no matter what happens you will be tooting around with that 15ft PBAoE attack and narrow cone, waiting to get to level 40 before any real AoE attacks finally get slotted. The Assault set is your attack set the same way it is for Defenders or Tankers, who do get attacks later, but not that much later. Dominator is really the only AT other than Controller waiting so long for bread and butter attacks; that's fine on Controllers since they are supposed to focus on other things, but Dominator is a damage class.

I don't mean to whine. There's good stuff about Doms. I do find the melee based design doesn't really hold up though. The motif "Controls as Armor" falls apart once enemies can kill you in two hits if you whiff a mezz. Unarmored characters past a certain difficulty threshold just absolutely do not belong anywhere near melee. There are builds that can pull it off, especially using /Psi, but they require a major investment. 

Oh yeah I'm in no way insinuating doms can compete with blaster nukes as they shouldn't, blasters are the king of aoe, my dom has some decent aoe where I don't feel underutilized on teams with blasters.  As for ST damage by the very nature of the power design structure doms are more adept at keeping up in ST damage and with the revamp some of those secondaries got very strong, some for sure can give just about anything a run for their money except maybe for stalkers.  Yeah I'll agree doms are late bloomers, early on you should be learning your craft on the control side of things and then 30s and 40s your build takes bloom where you can get your hands dirty in that fun stuff.  

Controls as an Armor is one layer of defenses you start with, then there's things like Unleash Potential which'll cap your defenses so if you do whiff on your controls the enemies will whiff right back.  Or you can take Rune of Protection that'll get you 30% resistance across the board, without that and just my epic shield I pull in 70% resist to s/l almost the cap, 40% neg, 35%ish tox, and then 15-20% base resists to everything else so add in 30% more resists to all those, that's a pretty beefy build.  Then endgame you get things like Barrier which for a minute tends to cap all my defenses as well as giving strong resists too.  Then getting that hp up is another good thing so you got a bit of a buffer to avoid being two shot, it'll probably still happen if you're not careful with Kitty cats when you kill their boyfriends.  

Yes the dom needs to play with an aggressive attentive approach with their controls as their first line of defense but there's a lot more you can bake into the backend that'll keep you upright if things go wrong.  I don't think my dom has any more expensive of a build than say my stalker or blasters, they're all purpled and decked out, I just think you get more noticeable bang for your buck with dominators.  

Edited by Mezmera

I think my issue with (many doms) is that they heavily encourage melee combat, but don't give you a complete enough suite of tools to thrive there.

-Without mez protection, melee is a death sentence

-Lacking tohit buffs means struggling to land critical controls when you need them most - such as when debuffs start stacking or enemies start buffing up

-Melee means you are exposed to both ranged and melee damage. Some damage will be getting through as final tohit is capped at 95% and so many controls are long cycling so you may not have enough to fall back on if you poorly aim a cone, or only catch the edge with an aoe.

-They have solid endurance recovery via domination, but no way of repairing health. Low hp and likely being exposed to "some" damage (cause you are facing melee and ranged) means you are relying on health, insp and procs to repair damage (excluding a very limited number of options in set).

I'd resolve their mez protection in and out of dom.

I'd consider a fairly sizable damage increase. Keep in mind they lack meaningful +dam powers in most sets and they have limited access to resistance debuffs and limited tohit buffs. They have a LONG way to go before they'd ever infringe on blasters damage dealing capabilities st, let alone aoe.

I'd pick one direction - either you need to fill domination, or it recharges. Not both. I'd lean toward recharge as that would not impact current playstyle/builds, but would help everyone who is striving toward permadom.

You aren't going to retro fit self heals into the assault sets, so I'd make it so each control power grants a small amount of absorb when used during domination. My defenders often have in excess of 300pts of absorb constantly refreshing with the ATO proc and entomb. It makes such a huge difference being able to shrug off chip damage. I think dominators would benefit tremendously if their controls granted some degree of absorb under domination. It would give you and extra second to target the enemy missed by the aoe controls (cause statistically they miss some every group) and get them locked down before they can drive your hp down significantly. 

• Like 6

what I absolutely need changed - LET WORMHOLE TELEPORT BOSSES AT MAX LEVEL !!!  please

I would love for an added secondary effect from the T1 assault power to make it more relevant.  Maybe it grants extra domination? or an absorb? or has a mag 2 stun or knockdown (depending on set flavor), to make it real easy to stack on tough targets?  

One thing I definitely do NOT want is for them to remove Lift and Propel from Gravity Control.  Those are two of my favorite powers in the whole game, and usually better than comparable assault options.  Which is just underscoring assault issues. 

i know a lot of people's CoH experience is steamrolling at blistering speeds while spamming one of their AoE attacks, and I certainly join those teams to get an XP dump.  but i'd be wary of balancing things with that in mind because a lot of us aren't doing it all the time.  Doms especially have a lot of fun tricks, and I enjoy running smaller teams or doing the more bizarre content so I can feel the impact of being a control AT.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Maybe you haven't seen the damage numbers with the Energy Assault revamp.  They are quite juicy.  The damage on TF and Power Burst is staggering.  Dom snipes have a 3.56 damage scale compared to 2.78 for blasters at the max tohitt scale required.  Great recharge is already accounted for as a well built dom anyhow so waiting on attacks to recharge is not an issue. 

This actually just counterbalances the basic discrepancy between the two AT. So Dominators only do a smidge less damage per Sniper attack than a Blaster rather than a lot less damage. Moreover, recharge does matter - the Blaster can use their high damage Sniper attack 66% more often (not even accounting for the fact that Dominators get no recharge bonuses while many Blaster secondaries provide 20%+ recharge bonuses).

14 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Mix in a +120% damage boost along with +35% tohitt from the Soul Drain Epic power doms can get, yes that's assuming larger crowds so lets say a more normalized 85% dmg boost and 20% tohitt boosts almost always active thanks to well baked in recharge.  We also get the dom ATO proc that boosts dmg 21.25% with every stack of up to 5, granted I'll typically have 1-2 stacks running so lets just say 1.5, that'll make up for your defiance right there.  We also get power build up for another 34% dmg.  I also have a 45% dmg boost in bonuses along with tons of accuracy bonuses, I'd assume a well built blaster would have nearly the same though.  

It's +102% for non-Defenders, +140% for Defenders. Blasters can also get the same power in secondary, except they can make theirs perma- while Dominators only get 50% uptime even with massive recharge.

Blasters also generally have Aim in primary and some form of Build Up in secondary (Soul Drain is the example in Dark, but there are others).

Blasters (albeit not ones with Soul Drain) can get Build Up for +100% damage on top of Aim.

You also have to consider that Dominators are one of the only AT where their primary doesn't really bring any meaningful damage. In theory, the pet can potentially push Dominators over what a Blaster can do, but that's a sketchy comparison give the inability of Dominators to do much to keep the pet alive.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

This actually just counterbalances the basic discrepancy between the two AT. So Dominators only do a smidge less damage per Sniper attack than a Blaster rather than a lot less damage. Moreover, recharge does matter - the Blaster can use their high damage Sniper attack 66% more often (not even accounting for the fact that Dominators get no recharge bonuses while many Blaster secondaries provide 20%+ recharge bonuses).

It's +102% for non-Defenders, +140% for Defenders. Blasters can also get the same power in secondary, except they can make theirs perma- while Dominators only get 50% uptime even with massive recharge.

Blasters also generally have Aim in primary and some form of Build Up in secondary (Soul Drain is the example in Dark, but there are others).

Blasters (albeit not ones with Soul Drain) can get Build Up for +100% damage on top of Aim.

You also have to consider that Dominators are one of the only AT where their primary doesn't really bring any meaningful damage. In theory, the pet can potentially push Dominators over what a Blaster can do, but that's a sketchy comparison give the inability of Dominators to do much to keep the pet alive.

Okay it is 102%, tested this earlier in the thread and said this was the case but since I was always getting over 120% damage boost when I used it I hadn't noticed that when I'm boosted over 120% I'm also getting a boost from the ATO proc I likely hadn't noticed.  So point to you on that one.  

As for blasters and their Soul Drain, that'll eliminate any 3rd strong ST attack you can get since /dark doesn't have anything like TF (which is the slower animating version and no new proc dmg mechanic btw).  So that leaves them with Snipe and Blaze as their best ST attacks they can try to spam which you''ll need a filler attack in between.  My dom's TF, Power Burst and Snipe are an easy sequence I can maintain.  The base stats with slotting at level 50 I can pull +1500k points from that combo, not counting any of the +dmg boosts. 

Yes there's about 25 seconds in between my Soul Drain boosts but that's quite fine enough to deal with each mob.  If you'd like to advocate for doms to get a faster recharging Soul Drain I won't stand in your way.  

I know blasters get Aim+BU, but I'm saying my dom can get comparable numbers from boosts available too.  So in terms of available boosts I think it's more of a draw.  

Looking at my fire blaster just as well slotted I just don't see in the same time ST damage stats that can match each of those 3 attacks that I can easily maintain in a chain on my dom.  

1 hour ago, Hjarki said:

And yes when they were tinkering with the snipes last summer I saw through their misdirection and saw the nerf they were trying to give to doms lowering the scale from 3.56 to 2.78.  The slight decrease in recharge for dom snipes coinciding the lower damage scale was going to be a double whammy as well since any proc % chance to fire would lower drastically. 

Being that doms slot for global recharge above all else their snipes were quite well with the recharge and the big damage number.  I complained as such and was glad they left it as it was seeing how blasters are already kings of all the other damage and have gotten so much love since the game had been away.  

You can put that snipe on auto and you still won't get a chain that can match my 3 best ST attacks that I can chain.  

Edited by Mezmera

As a standard feature, all Dominator sets have a clickable T5 power that is self-affecting. IMO it's a good spot for dropping some favors to this class:

• Dark: Gather Shadows
  • Earth, Ice, Energy: Power Up
  • Electric, Thorns: Build Up
  • Fire: Embrace of Fire
  • Martial: Envenomed Blades
  • Psi: Drain Psyche (this one requires you to hit enemies to do anything, but is still a self buff)
  • Radiation: Fusion
  • Savage: Spot Prey

I could easily see any of these powers providing mezz protection or some of the other things we've discussed in this thread in order to help Dominators fulfill their role as meleeish characters. 

Something that might be interesting, instead of directly increasing damage, would be to increase damage conditionally if the enemy is within 15ft. 

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

You can put that snipe on auto and you still won't get a chain that can match my 3 best ST attacks that I can chain.  

I think part of the issue is most players would find it very difficult to make a "chain" from 3 powers that have:

22, 20, 14 sec recharges

While that might work for you, I think it is important to consider a larger subset of the player base that isn't operating at, or beyond the recharge cap.

Edited by Frosticus
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

I think part of the issue is most players would find it very difficult to make a "chain" from 3 powers that have:

22, 20, 14 sec recharges

While that make work for you, I think it is important to consider a larger subset of the player base that isn't operating at, or beyond the recharge cap.

Well I'm not in favor of dumbing down this AT to suit someone that won't keep up.  There's br00ts, blasters, VEATs, HEATs, scrappers, MMs and a bunch of other plug and play ATs available.  

The creation of IO's allowed for so much creativity and the Dominator archetype is a more thoughtful breed to play, there's just so much you can do with it, I was on board with them revamping the dominator assault sets to make them more attractive to play, which they accomplished.  There's already so many AT's that you can attain parity on, we can't have one that has the potential to get the best out of someone's creativity? 

1 hour ago, Mezmera said:

As for blasters and their Soul Drain, that'll eliminate any 3rd strong ST attack you can get since /dark doesn't have anything like TF (which is the slower animating version and no new proc dmg mechanic btw).  So that leaves them with Snipe and Blaze as their best ST attacks they can try to spam which you''ll need a filler attack in between.  My dom's TF, Power Burst and Snipe are an easy sequence I can maintain.  The base stats with slotting at level 50 I can pull +1500k points from that combo, not counting any of the +dmg boosts. 

Total Focus is significantly lower dpat than either Blaze or Blazing Bolt (and so is Power Burst). While they have a decent dpa, this is really just big numbers without any mechanics that favor large, slow attacks.

40 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

Total Focus is significantly lower dpat than either Blaze or Blazing Bolt (and so is Power Burst). While they have a decent dpa, this is really just big numbers without any mechanics that favor large, slow attacks.

M'kay.  Based on purely visible values stated with slotting.  Not including real time application which I'd like to demonstrate some time.   

Energy Assault

Total Focus     438.69 dmg      2.53s animation

Power Burst    559.16 dmg      1.67s animation

Snipe              470.45 dmg      1.33s animation    (assuming auto snipe)

Fire Blast

Snipe              557.11 dmg      1.33s animation    (assuming auto snipe)

Blaze              336.52 dmg       1.0s animation

T2 Fire Blast   170.51 dmg       1.67s animation   (next best filler attack) or w/e secondary attack you'd like to pose, nothing will beat those top two though

Thanks to the longer recharge values associated to dominator assault attacks their chance to proc extra damage from any that you may have slotted in the attacks are a significantly higher chance to fire than what would conversely be slotted into blaster attacks.  You'd also like to use Snipe as a bridge in Fire blast, okay my best recharging attack is also my strongest one in Power Burst that I'll use as a bridge.  

Nothing at all.

Melee range is fine. I'm often the tank. I often fight in melee range, and my def was not a consideration in my build. You can solo the whole leveling content with no deaths. The purple triangles are fine, solo'd all that stuff pre-sets too leveling up. Damage is good. Controls are great. Survivability is awesome, doesn't need heals. Every team I'm on is happy to have me. What's to change? Nothing. Leave well enough alone.

I would like Dominators to receive the same buff to their health pool that Blasters received: +200 health to their base and to their cap. Dominators and Blasters both play at both ranged and melee ranges. They both can use the additional health.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2