Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

9 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

12/3/2022 --  Moons Over My Hammy, or "You're all in darkness."

Moonfire TF, Dark Powers

Hey, I'd like to join that TF. My character's name is Fraught, the Dark/Ice tanker.

Edited by drdread
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

I'll try to be on with Faust von Wolferborn* - Axe/Dark Scrapper

*I don't know German/German geography so sorry in advance if this is a bad construction

It sounds reasonably german, although I don't know any place called Wolferborn 🙂 

But hey, are we talking realism in things like this? If it sounds good to you, you are not off. And I like the Goethe reference!

• Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 11/30/2022 at 4:58 AM, TraumaTrain said:

Moonfire TF, Dark Powers

Any AT, any costume. Either your primary or your secondary (or go crazy and have both) must be one of the plethora of Dark powers. Same bat time, same bat Striga Isle, level 23+. Come get those vampires and werewolves for the Atlas Medallion! Also, 64 merits and more!

Rich -- Deep Web, Darkness Control/Dark Ass  Dominatrix

Midnyte -- Stroke of Midnight, Dark/Rad Comptroller

Looking at Pneumatic Paladin (Dark / Ice Defender) for this.

Thx for coming up with the Theme, Rich!

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

3 hours ago, Bananiac said:

It sounds reasonably german, although I don't know any place called Wolferborn 🙂 

But hey, are we talking realism in things like this? If it sounds good to you, you are not off. And I like the Goethe reference!

I'm glad it mostly works.  The character is headless/pumpkin-headed so he got a Hessian name (I think?) in a reference to "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow."  The overlap with Goethe/Marlowe is just further geekiness on my part.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:58 PM, TraumaTrain said:

Moonfire TF, Dark Powers

Any AT, any costume. Either your primary or your secondary (or go crazy and have both) must be one of the plethora of Dark powers. Same bat time, same bat Striga Isle, level 23+. Come get those vampires and werewolves for the Atlas Medallion! Also, 64 merits and more!

Rich -- Deep Web, Darkness Control/Dark Ass  Dominatrix

Midnyte -- Stroke of Midnight, Dark/Rad Comptroller

Hey @TraumaTrain! I'll be there with Dark Ambrosia, Ill/DA Controller

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Er... um... so apparently I dropped the ball on posting pics from last event. Duh. I realized it last night, and this is the first chance I've had to really sit at my computer and catch up on things. I can't believe I just totally forgot on Sunday. It's on my agenda for tonight. 🙂 

EDIT: Saturday, 12/10: I never did get a chance to put those pictures up until this morning. Oh what a week I have had. 😄 But it's all good. I didn't take the time to weed out only the best ones, nor did I have time for any commentary but I may clean up the post later. Or I may just leave it as is. 🙂

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2022 at 1:33 AM, TraumaTrain said:

12/10/2022

This will be a visit mom day for me. If anyone wants to put together a theme team idea, do it!

Winter Event has been turned on. Yay! Let's do something on 12/10 with that. Personally I'd love to run some "Defeat Lady Winter" missions because I have some characters who have a hard time soloing her. Another idea is present-opening as a team to spawn the zone GM, Lord Winter. And all of this will be done in appropriate winter/holiday attire. 🙂 

Below is a list of the badges available during Winter Event (not counting the ski slope badges), with the two I mentioned in green. Since the Baby New Year missions are so easy and fast solo, I'd rather spend our time together doing the harder, more team-dependent stuff. Although I am certainly open to those if anyone wants help with Snaptooth. I propose to meet in Pocket D and form a team for Lady Winter, and then after that decide about Lord Winter. And if other teams are forming leagues for Lord Winter's Realm trial, we could get in on that too, as a team.

Miraculous reward for Baby New Year mission
Joyful reward for Baby New Year mission
Frosty reward for Baby New Year mission
Crystallized reward for Baby New Year mission
Toothbreaker defeat Snaptooth 5 times
Cold As Ice Lady Winter mission
Lady of Winter Lord Winter Realm trial
Cold Warrior defeat 100 snow creatures
Frozen Fury (GM) spawns in zone w/6+ team open presents
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I like every thing you said here!💝 Was really thinking about the same thing when I logged these days and saw the event had come online...

Sounds like fun, and - coincidentally - I have just the right toon for that: Wylde Winter Witch - Cold / Ice Defendress

And I would love to get her as many of those winter badges here as possible! Especially keen on the "Lady of Winter" one.... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Er... um... so apparently I dropped the ball on posting pics from last event. Duh. I realized it last night, and this is the first chance I've had to really sit at my computer and catch up on things. I can't believe I just totally forgot on Sunday. It's on my agenda for tonight. 🙂 

You always do such a great job with it. I would be missing something if there wasn't the recap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Talking about "The Comings of Winters"...

How about a future "Game-of-Thrones-Themed-Theme-Team"? I mean, you got Kings, Queens, all kinds of medieval knighting and soldiering types, Priest(esse)s, The Nights Watch, White Walkers, Wilderlings, a Red Wedding, Wolves, HODOR(!), Dragons (all creaturewss great and small), Faceless Men, Harlots (that could also be queens), Horselords, Pirates (kinda...), sooo much to chose from!

That being said, I am signing out for the saturday after next. We got our company christmas dinner that day, and given the exquisite quality of food I have been served on occasions since joining that gig, I will definitely not be missing out on any opportunity for more!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I like every thing you said here!💝 Was really thinking about the same thing when I logged these days and saw the event had come online...

Sounds like fun, and - coincidentally - I have just the right toon for that: Wylde Winter Witch - Cold / Ice Defendress

And I would love to get her as many of those winter badges here as possible! Especially keen on the "Lady of Winter" one.... 

Awesome! I see a plan forming here. 🙂 Looking forward to meeting your icy witch this weekend!

btw, the reason I listed the badges is because there is always confusion in the LFG channel about Winter Lord. Some people confuse the zone-spawned "Winter Lord" with the "Lord Winter's Realm" trial. And then to further the confusion, "Lady of Winter" badge is NOT for defeating Lady Winter, but that is actually the badge for completing Lord Winter's Realm trial. Whereas, defeating Lady Winter gives "Cold as Ice" badge.

• Like 2

Winter Event activities

Saturday, 12/10/2022

What an amazingly fun day this was, both at our usual time slot, and then again later in the day. Sooooo many runs of "Defeat Lady Winter" for the Cold as Ice badge, a few Baby New Year runs, a few Winter Lord spawnings in Atlas Park, and many many runs of the Lord Winter's Realm trial. Lots and lots of character switching, teams reforming, and @TrixieKixx running the league most of the times. And don't forget the awesome Duplicating Gift exchange where we all helped each other's multiple characters get both badges (Gift Getter & The Gift That Keeps on Giving). We started off with our regular players meeting in Pocket D, gathered more as we went along, until it turned into an enormous Indomitable party! A true badge orgy was had by all!

VIk7YkG.jpg

XYvuSoi.jpg

fTnFKP1.jpg

gc4s9GP.jpg

NQGvuIe.jpg

OEQqxZg.jpg

9zBMl7k.jpg

pcZv6CB.jpg

TQkAXin.jpg

bScacfW.jpg

yKaWByI.jpg

jWcOPLF.jpg

Nu1RPkF.jpg

LiUAhNC.jpg

Xz8zK8W.jpg

ZJ9dX2I.jpg

J0Rupvy.jpg

eSDtBGN.jpg

0WmG1mL.jpg

n6aweic.jpg

O5THo7n.jpg

YPUabWx.jpg

Plk24eR.jpg

S0dudxl.jpg

Jz2z8GB.jpg

k56a3vs.jpg

J05fNOJ.jpg

QvDNLkM.jpg

gEgojLq.jpg

PIgFmgH.jpg

oqIVbvq.jpg

7BOV0F0.jpg

TBwwIHE.jpg

Wj8LwER.jpg

txEbgGm.jpg

~~Happy Holidays from The Theme Team!~~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Those are amazing pics, @Midnyte! Thanks for being our photographer extraordinaire! 

FYI...I will be leaving to go out of town on Friday 12/16 and will return on Thursday 12/22 🙂 This week has been super busy and I haven't been able to get on to play since Sunday. How is a week of vacation almost over???? Eek! I hope you all have a relaxing weekend ahead, filled with lots of badges and fun!

• Thanks 1

For Saturday theme event 12/16, I'm in for doing what we did last week. I haven't had a chance to play much at all this week, and looking forward to having some free time tomorrow. I really don't need any more Lady Winter missions or LW's Realm trials, but there are a few more Frozen Fury I'd like to get if anyone feels like making a spawn WL team. And of course happy to join in on any winter event thing! Because, well.... my spreadsheet always has cells that need to be filled 😄 

image.thumb.png.9300f8e52ae7ed2fe3daf6370755a346.png

22 hours ago, Jaxman100 said:

I will probably be busy around noon this Saturday for a pesky NFL game

That game.... holy smokes! How did the Colts manage to blow that one up so badly!?!

I am almost glad I haven't watched it...

Are these still going on?

I would love to do an ITF/TF/Event with All Stormies (well maybe a single Kinetic for SpeedBoost we all know how Storm is with End).

See how many total Tornadoes and Lightning storms we can get out. All the overlapping Freezing Rain should be fun too.

• Thumbs Up 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **