Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

Hey, sorry for the last-minute reply. I should be also be able to make it, I just need to swap my 50 over to Indom and make them a patriotic costume/name. I'll edit this reply with their updated name once I've got them transferred over.

Edit: Character's been transferred, re-named, and re-costumed! Tomorrow I'll be able to tag along as the Colonizer, a DB/SR Stalker based on the British redcoatsduring the American Revolution.

Edited by VerseGuy
  • Like 2

On 9/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, TraumaTrain said:

How about this theme for the Apex/Tin Mage..... International Supers, since it's in the RWZ.

October 10th - Bring your level 50 (alpha slotted) super patriot/nation themed toon! (If you don't have one, it's a fun opportunity to use a costume slot and maybe a temporary name too! But don't forget to save that real name so you don't lose it.)

@TraumaTrain - Red Armor: dark "hero" of the Soviet Union - energy melee/invulnerability brute

@socom242 - Pax Americana: heroic hero of America - invulnerability/super strength tanker

@EmmySky - Texas Teas: vodka, rum, tequila, whiskey, gin, triple sec, sour mix, and a splash of cola - water/fire bartender

@TrixieKixx- Winnifred: - dual pistols/regen sentinel

@VerseGuy

@Midnyte

Meet Katarzyna, a radiation scientist from Poland who studied at the University of Warsaw. Rad/rad brute. 🙂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Don't forget to save the real names! 

With Midnyte and VerseGuy, the count for Apex/Tin Mage is at 8.

Rock on!

Have fun going. And don't forget to send a postcard! 🙂

Edited by Bananiac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Today was International Supers Day - Apex TF and Tin Mage Mark II TF with international patriotic themed characters. I will do 3 separate posts of pictures this time. Post 1 of 3. 

Apex TF

Saturday, 10/10/20

00.jpg.721d254aeb4704d543ed3f98c95707c8.jpg    01.thumb.JPG.fd61a9eef2de18be5b60c19d7eb61dc2.JPG

02.thumb.JPG.c3bffb6ab35e86b7b0b6861a8ecb843b.JPG

We fought so many War Walkers!

03.JPG.19f36fa1e134c78c8073283adc2ccbf6.JPG

This is how Katarzyna spent most of the fight with Battle Maiden!

04.thumb.JPG.2258f2ad79e3ea2c8fa3eb4f4d19aea4.JPG

Dead in the blue stuff once again

05.thumb.JPG.17768d58a8c109e4fed3f8eb47ace480.JPG

06.thumb.JPG.5c5778b03c679fe4a15f7c3044eaf831.JPG

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Today was International Supers Day - Apex TF and Tin Mage Mark II TF with international patriotic themed characters. I will do 3 separate posts of pictures this time. Post 2 of 3.

Tin Mage Mark II TF

Saturday, 10/10/20

00.jpg.7a394b243c9f67f0467b7dcdc8717176.jpg     01.thumb.JPG.6c35019de160840e470464f65351ede2.JPG

02.thumb.JPG.ecd046f82afafbc5af4dcc1e76dbb4cb.JPG

03.thumb.JPG.816645760d31a44393e2001e9932f8bb.JPG

04.thumb.JPG.a87d16e839e3175a630d347eea4d2829.JPG

05.thumb.JPG.e5cc14578a25efd847ca8c42223320a5.JPG

06.JPG.e93606e9ef6e61a9e1e3aab7005cc159.JPG

07.thumb.JPG.a3cd5272427a6e042102adc1b1e6a481.JPG

08.JPG.742a632ae898799364577070da5ae71c.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Today was International Supers Day - Apex TF and Tin Mage Mark II TF with international patriotic themed characters. I will do 3 separate posts of pictures this time. Post 3 of 3.

The Players!

Today was so fun with the various role-playing comments. I really loved every character concept, some with backstories, and some just telling the story with their badge title. 🙂 You all are really such a great group of players who make this so fun week after week. ♥

262366073_01-RedArmor.thumb.JPG.e6d6286376d29a5302268a5e47dfd0ce.JPG

1901397156_02-TexasTeas.JPG.8576b4a50b5af399772781b034bbcba0.JPG

1103607217_03-PaxAmericana.thumb.jpg.4c10d41d54bda40c328d7743891e969d.jpg

1995897475_04-CivilPowers.thumb.JPG.87c25c904e5d1354311cb2a8809d1a64.JPG

1546406831_05-SaraFalin.thumb.JPG.acfa8893de386e42ae96ea162322a282.JPG

1110454021_05-SaraFalinbeasts.thumb.JPG.9e05a442b653c437c9a9fd2b4203e1b8.JPG

06-Winnifred.thumb.JPG.5e599a20d53fddf9a06a7dd1e97cff12.JPG

07-Colonizer.JPG.81a5e457eebfcc1c02c244b75b3e3f8b.JPG

08-Katarzyna.JPG.50292a3e7aef2259481c9401fab25b67.JPG

10.thumb.JPG.4274f4e898747ca657a70400ff2f3e37.JPG

09.thumb.JPG.67644d4b1191a1d15c401e22652fb5df.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Midnyte Thank you so much for all your lovely screenshots! I didn't really get any today. I spent a lot of the runs a bit grumpy at myself for picking an AT that wouldn't be able to handle doing a level 50 TF without being kitted out in IO's and actually having something in her alpha slot. And I still just don't understand the incarnate system whatsoever, so I couldn't figure any of that stuff out on the fly to see if it would help. And constantly getting myself killed wasn't helping, haha. I don't like feeling like I'm useless. Thank you all for being patient and letting me tag along; it was nice to have a reason to get myself a first 50 since I've been dragging my feet on the matter. 🙂 I have a lot of research to do if I want to keep playing Sara.

• Like 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

14 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

@Midnyte Thank you so much for all your lovely screenshots! I didn't really get any today. I spent a lot of the runs a bit grumpy at myself for picking an AT that wouldn't be able to handle doing a level 50 TF without being kitted out in IO's and actually having something in her alpha slot. And I still just don't understand the incarnate system whatsoever, so I couldn't figure any of that stuff out on the fly to see if it would help. And constantly getting myself killed wasn't helping, haha. I don't like feeling like I'm useless. Thank you all for being patient and letting me tag along; it was nice to have a reason to get myself a first 50 since I've been dragging my feet on the matter. 🙂 I have a lot of research to do if I want to keep playing Sara.

You are very welcome! It is something I enjoy a lot about the game is taking pictures, just like in real life. 🙂

You did much more than just "tag along"! 🙂 But I can relate to your feelings. I knew ahead of time this was going to be tough since everything is lvl 54 so I chose someone who had a few set bonuses going already, even though she is a relatively new 50 with only alpha slotted so far. (yesterday unlocked my next 2 slots, so yay!). In the end, though, what's a few deaths? LOL. We are all friends and know that we have different levels of builds at any given time. It would be different if someone advertised in Pocket D they were running something very advanced and you joined and then were a detriment to the team. But that's not how it was yesterday. Hopefully we had a good time with our faces planted in the blue stuff, and nobody holds it against us. I could tell that some on our team had figured out the strategy to keep moving but it takes me a little longer than most to adapt to something different. Oh, and if you have questions about incarnate stuff feel free to send me a private message... I am no expert but am muddling my way through it!  Rich taught me a lot of what I know, so he might be a good source too. 🙂  Or maybe we could make a new thread and all talk about it together. I'm sure we could all learn from each other!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

You are very welcome! It is something I enjoy a lot about the game is taking pictures, just like in real life. 🙂

You did much more than just "tag along"! 🙂 But I can relate to your feelings. I knew ahead of time this was going to be tough since everything is lvl 54 so I chose someone who had a few set bonuses going already, even though she is a relatively new 50 with only alpha slotted so far. (yesterday unlocked my next 2 slots, so yay!). In the end, though, what's a few deaths? LOL. We are all friends and know that we have different levels of builds at any given time. It would be different if someone advertised in Pocket D they were running something very advanced and you joined and then were a detriment to the team. But that's not how it was yesterday. Hopefully we had a good time with our faces planted in the blue stuff, and nobody holds it against us. I could tell that some on our team had figured out the strategy to keep moving but it takes me a little longer than most to adapt to something different. Oh, and if you have questions about incarnate stuff feel free to send me a private message... I am no expert but am muddling my way through it!  Rich taught me a lot of what I know, so he might be a good source too. 🙂  Or maybe we could make a new thread and all talk about it together. I'm sure we could all learn from each other!

This is why I like running with you guys--no judgement from those of us who are still learning and a casual playstyle. And you guys are just a lot of fun to be around. I may not have participated in the convo's much yesterday because I didn't want to bring down the mood, but I was enjoying watching you all joke around and have fun. 🙂 You guys definitely feel like my CoH family, lol.

• Like 2

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

The convos yesterday were.....entertaining lmao!

That blue stuff was a nightmare....after I ran out of wakies I had to make a few trips from the hospital.  Hovering around didnt help much because that stuff would land in the air around me.  The biggest detriment to survival was long animation times...cant keep moving while rooted ugh!

Luckily this group doesnt give a flip about team wipes or the amount anyone contributes.  This is a game and we are here to have fun and I definitely have fun with this rowdy gang!  

• Like 4

WOW!!! Those are some great profile pictures, especially with the information windows! 

And as always I had a wonderful time with all of you. Honestly, I wish the TF's weren't that quick. Even at +4 lvl they are pretty simple, except that Battle Maiden mission. After playing it SOOOOO many times you can tell when to move out the way.

Still, it was fun. No pressure, no judgements no hassle. Can't wait for this Saturday's all Avian Silver Mantis 😄

• Like 5

Pictures look like a lot of fun again. I can definitely relate to your experience, @TygerDarkstorm. I ran with this with my horribly underspecced Mind/Emp Controller recently and got my happy a** whooped regularly while trying to make myself usefull 🙂

I think I managed to heal somebody somewhere, and actually locked down a mob or two when things were pretty much under control anyways...

Great idea to post the Bios together with the profile pics (which are really nice by themselves, awesome ideas that people come up with). I definitely need to think out some flavour texts for my favorite toons myself.

I have From The Ashes now ready at lvl23, moved to Indom and parked somewhere in the Rogue Isles. Would it make sense to level him some more before Silver Mantis?

• Like 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

25 minutes ago, Bananiac said:

I have From The Ashes now ready at lvl23, moved to Indom and parked somewhere in the Rogue Isles. Would it make sense to level him some more before Silver Mantis?

23 is great! Fine as is. Maybe you will want that level 24, 26, 28, or 30 power. Or some extra enhancement slots. But, not super necessary. In Silver Mangos, we will fight some Tsoo, some Freaks, and lots of Sky Raiders. The AV is Colonel Duray. Flying is super useful in the final mission as it takes place on the Sky Raider platform base.

I just got my character, Hooded Crow, up to 30 last night. I'm thrilled with that.

• Like 1

Fire's Embrace is level 27, slotted even 😄 , and parked--I mean roosting--in Sharkhead Isle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After my transfer to Indom I got flaked for the name. Needed a new one for some reason, which is now "Born From The Ashes". For your ino, just in case... 

I wonder if there is another "From the Ashes" running around on that server...

Roosting is a good word, my nest is on sharkhead near the Arbiter. 

And I hatched a couple of new toons in the meantime 🙂

• Like 4