Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

On 4/2/2023 at 2:26 AM, TrixieKixx said:

Apr 8 - TinPex (Level 50 - Purple: RWZ) Experimental - Any AT - Weird Science (Bring your best/favorite mad scientist or mad scientist experiment character)

@TrixieKixx I am planning to come with my Ill/Dark Controller Le Filou, dressed up in his best mad scientist attire. Thanks to the Mapserver Madness now freshest Level 50 with all incarnate slots unlocked but Hybrid.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 4/5/2023 at 8:40 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Every time we killed a GM during the event, it offered a toy bat power. I think the league needs a certain amount of people to spawn the GM. We did not get a GM on Saturday with our small team. I think the only day that you automatically got the bat is if you logged in on Saturday. According to a rumor I heard, they are leaving the event on through tomorrow. I don't know if that means it runs through the EOD tomorrow or if it will be turned off tomorrow.

BTW, I wound up getting to my 3rd vet level and all incarnates unlocked with today's event in Excelsior! It was so much fun! We went from Talos, to St. Martial, to Steel Canyon, and last but not least, Skyway City. I started at level 47.

Wow, that's a lotta levels! Fun fun fun. 🙂

I was on a league fighting a GM but I guess the invasion ended before we defeated him.

btw, I just realized I haven't signed up with a mad scientist yet. I will definitely be there, but still pending a character. I have 2 mad scientists but neither are 50 yet. So, I'm still figuring it out. 😄 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2023 at 5:02 PM, FrauleinMental said:

I'll bring Project Isabelle - Bots/Rad MM.  (Thanks to the Mapserver event for pushing her from 44 to Vet Level 2.5 13 and unlocking the first 3 all the incarnate slots.)

Wow! I have totally been missing out on all the goodness!

• Like 1

Apex/Tin Mage II TF - Mad Scientist theme - Any AT

Saturday, 4/8/2023

We gathered today in Rikti War Zone to attempt a double whammy, endearingly known as TinPex. Apex initially assembled a team of control/pet types with relatively low damage. We should have informed him it would not go well. 😆 oof!
OJgM63H.jpg

reXL6hb.jpg

Darkest Winter was on the scene, in a spiffy costume by @TrixieKixx. Complete with pulsating, glowing eyes and frosty breath. Love those boots!
MpBE0K2.jpg

@TygerDarkstorm's creation, Dr. Elaina Wrath, a controller with a captivating story.
O5eLkZY.jpg

Oui! A French mad scientist controller, Le Filou by @Bananiac
QhhEm4g.jpg

@FrauleinMental's escaped robot, Project Isabelle, very cleverly created her own bots!
ZghGHko.jpg

@Burnt Umber's Animus Raptus demonstrates just how wrong things can go when science projects are rushed, especially when involving corpses!
s2KxWnC.jpg

A Polish science geek with Dr. Aeon as a mentor, Dr. Buchinsky is a sentinel by @Midnyte (just don't ask the doctor about those Muntz alloy plates implanted in her face)
WHXOadt.jpg

The whole group, ready to take a shot at Apex's Task Force
GYeT32e.jpg

Mnvj3h1.jpg

Xd2HTCQ.jpg

ZPyyCNP.jpg

rqlWzw7.jpg

62vsuTj.jpg

vf94iCq.jpg

7xt02QZ.jpg

Two by two, patches of blue ...

IpYLQmq.jpg

0Pl98SH.jpg

N9duIim.jpg

2DzRToL.jpg

And so it goes...
vQWsQWp.jpg

ke65MYA.jpg

We knew when to re-group and start over, sans Ban, who had to leave for a little while
4e111Ee.jpg

fuy4MeI.jpg

ruw7ulc.jpg

Success!
nrhcmwP.jpg

Tin Mage Mark II was not too happy that Umber had to leave, but allowed us to continue because Le Filou re-joined us, with @Jaxman100 as an added bonus as Tendo
HE8RDaJ.jpg

NLNeSOx.jpg

98n9Bff.jpg

7OB9gsh.jpg

iBzL5Sv.jpg

DYfq0AN.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Apr 1 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15 and Level 11-16 – Blue Side: Steel Canyon) All Blaster Team - Fruit Pies…costume to reflect your favorite fruit pie

Apr 8 - TinPex (Level 50 - Purple: RWZ) Experimental - Any AT - Weird Science (Bring your best/favorite mad scientist or mad scientist experiment character)

Apr 15 - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) All Ranged Team (any AT except Melee) - Dragon Costumes

Apr 22 - Imperious (Level 35-50; Blue Side: Cimerora) Any AT - All  Royalty (are you a King, Queen, Prince, or Princess?)

Apr 29 - Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) All Controller or Dominator - "Night at the Opera"

@TrixieKixx Rhaegel - Fire/Thermal Corruptor

@Burnt Umber C. Abyssus - Water/Sonic Corruptor

@FrauleinMental Cryomania - Ice/Ice Blaster

@TygerDarkstorm Marsh Madness - Water/Plant Blaster

@Bananiac Zapphire Ray - Stone/Rad Controllerdragon

@Midnyte Flying Battress - Dark/Dark Sentinel

Edited by TrixieKixx

On 4/8/2023 at 8:10 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Apr 15 - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) All Ranged Team (any AT except Melee) - Dragon Costumes

I'll try to bring C. Abyssus - Water/Sonic [Corr.].

Edited by Burnt Umber
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Dragons? 😄 My favorite creatures!

I hope to be there on Marsh Madness - Water/Plant Blaster

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 4/8/2023 at 8:29 PM, Midnyte said:

Success!
nrhcmwP.jpg

42 deaths, the Blue Patches were often and many, I guess. About a mid-tier result for this. 😉 

Not counting the dozens of faceplants in the 1st attempt, where those patches hit us really hard. A band full of long-animation-and-summoning-time-powers-Misfits will do that for you. 

• Like 3

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 4/9/2023 at 2:10 AM, TrixieKixx said:

Zapphire Ray, Stone/Rad Controllerdragon. I may rename the guy for this, just haven't found a cool name yet to fit the theme.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/8/2023 at 2:29 PM, Midnyte said:

Apex initially assembled a team of control/pet types with relatively low damage. We should have informed him it would not go well. 😆 oof!

It was really rough - very reminiscent of back on Live when this TF was first being run.  Our team might have been a bit low on damage, and I didn't realize that Blue Patches spawned for pets an players alike.  But, really, I think we ran into two major mistakes that made it very hard if not impossible to complete:  1. we didn't stop to re-gather and tackle the AV anew instead of trickling in one at a time to get melted; and 2. We spread out too much, rather than stick together as a team, so patches were everywhere  and there was no place for us all to go.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

It was really rough - very reminiscent of back on Live when this TF was first being run.  Our team might have been a bit low on damage, and I didn't realize that Blue Patches spawned for pets an players alike.  But, really, I think we ran into two major mistakes that made it very hard if not impossible to complete:  1. we didn't stop to re-gather and tackle the AV anew instead of trickling in one at a time to get melted; and 2. We spread out too much, rather than stick together as a team, so patches were everywhere  and there was no place for us all to go.

Yeah, as the lead, I probably should've prepared a damage dealer, in addition to the toon I created. In the end, we got it done! I wonder if I should add a tab to my OneNote file that reminds me of lessons learned 😄 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burnt Umber said:

Thanks for these tidbits. You are right that for #1 we should have been more patient and planned better to regroup all at once instead of like you said trickling in. Note to self for next time!

For #2, that would be quite the maneuvering feat if we could combine jumping away from the blue patches while simultaneously trying to stay with our teammates! I basically just go back and forth between casting on attack and then skittering to the left or right and watching for blue, never mind what my teammates are doing lol. I'm going to try to be more aware of that for next time though.

And yeah, those pet-produced multiplied blue patches were rough!

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 8:10 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Sign me up w/ Flying Battress - Dark/Dark Sentinel

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver Mantis SF - All Ranged Powersets - in dragon costumes!

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Somehow it's always more fun when the theme has both requirements... powers/AT and costumes. 🥰

dmfxwE4.jpg

B3VhXu0.jpg

Cryomania, a sparkling diamond of a blaster by @FrauleinMental
zIvkhjg.jpg

Marsh Madness, a green dragon blaster of loveliness by @TygerDarkstorm
uszDIHL.jpg

@TrixieKixx's powerful corruptor, Rhaegel
gi45BkU.jpg

Flying Battress, sentinel by @Midnyte. Is she a bat? Or a dragon?
L4ooTSh.jpg

9pdfr1L.jpg

Chauliodus Abyssus, a sea dragon corruptor by @BurntUmber
XyCE6NN.jpg

@Bananiac's controller dragon, Zapphire Ray
j2pNkSc.jpg

ngtUTcO.jpg

8h2QuqV.jpg

oxR49rV.jpg

HKWEBql.jpg

9aMCH5A.jpg

I just love Cloak of Fear! It's like you scare the hell out of them without casting any power, they're just scared to be so close to you!
1rXES88.jpg

Awesome sapphire-colored crystal containment

sX44NuH.jpg

zGPxUAD.jpg

cJdr91P.jpg

PTEcnuJ.jpg

2Fn3I0I.jpg

0M0x9Et.jpg

m0NIdMg.jpg

xygUNsP.jpg

o2bzlWV.jpg

Lots of Mad-Marshy water-splashing goodness
uvOiDlP.jpg

xbDXILk.jpg

We systematically took down enough of Duray's defenses that he finally revealed himself to us
2jWz1LK.jpg

ezGWoAc.jpg

nPd89Ux.jpg

oLEdKvg.jpg

bc7MEeT.jpg

Flying Battress "took one for the team" by going inside to look for Duray (didn't find him in there anyway)
JqLNmIn.jpg

He was lured into the ship where we could fight him on solid ground
NXjtp2b.jpg

l1nilSN.jpg

2LR3RTf.jpg

V2FslTH.jpg

Success! 
6zRhieC.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 2

Apr 1 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15 and Level 11-16 – Blue Side: Steel Canyon) All Blaster Team - Fruit Pies…costume to reflect your favorite fruit pie

Apr 22 - Imperious (Level 35-50; Purple: Cimerora) Any AT - All  Royalty (are you a King, Queen, Prince, or Princess?)

Apr 29 - Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) All Controller or Dominator - "Night at the Opera"

@TrixieKixx Althea Gaia - Earth/Emp Controller

@FrauleinMental Princess Grace - Night Widow

@Burnt Umber Amentia - War Mace/Shield Brute

@Midnyte Queen Antarctica - Ice/Ice Brute

@Bananiac  Prince Elija Motombe - Katana/Regen Scrapper

@Jaxman100 Captain Jax - Necro/Dark Miasma MM

Edited by TrixieKixx

Today's Silver Mantis was really fun. I'm so glad I respecced my dark/dark sentinel. She is one of my oldest characters on Homecoming and I've never given her a really good build yet. I think she is comfortable as a bat/dragon so I'll keep this persona. She started out as Midnyte Wytch, which was my beloved warlock in WoW, which I was fresh from playing when this game came back. What do you think of the name Flying Battress? I thought it was a clever play on words, but maybe just for today. When I changed her to a bat, I named her Battress. Chatting with Rich recently, he told me he heard "mattress" in his head 😆, so I decided on Battrix instead.  But I still like Battress, but maybe with an E? Battresse. Opinions, please!

So glad we're doing an ITF together next week! I don't believe the theme team has ever done one together, or am I forgetting? Also, I wanted to point out that you put blue side but Cimerora is a co-op zone. I love the royalty theme! This will be fun. I don't yet know who I'm bringing, but sign me up for now as TBD. Thanks for all your hard work keeping us going, Trixie!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Apr 22 - Imperious (Level 35-50; Blue Side: Cimerora) Any AT - All  Royalty (are you a King, Queen, Prince, or Princess?)

I'll try bringing Amentia - War Mace/Shield Brute.

19 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

What do you think of the name Flying Battress? I thought it was a clever play on words, but maybe just for today. When I changed her to a bat, I named her Battress. Chatting with Rich recently, he told me he heard "mattress" in his head 😆, so I decided on Battrix instead.  But I still like Battress, but maybe with an E? Battresse. Opinions, please!

Hmm, "Buttress" -> "Bat-tress" works I think?  I'm a bit poor on puns/word play though.  I wish you luck on the dark/dark sentinel: I bounced off the one I made for a theme team a while back so I'd be interested on your thoughts on how it works.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

Today's Silver Mantis was really fun. I'm so glad I respecced my dark/dark sentinel. She is one of my oldest characters on Homecoming and I've never given her a really good build yet. I think she is comfortable as a bat/dragon so I'll keep this persona. She started out as Midnyte Wytch, which was my beloved warlock in WoW, which I was fresh from playing when this game came back. What do you think of the name Flying Battress? I thought it was a clever play on words, but maybe just for today. When I changed her to a bat, I named her Battress. Chatting with Rich recently, he told me he heard "mattress" in his head 😆, so I decided on Battrix instead.  But I still like Battress, but maybe with an E? Battresse. Opinions, please!

So glad we're doing an ITF together next week! I don't believe the theme team has ever done one together, or am I forgetting? Also, I wanted to point out that you put blue side but Cimerora is a co-op zone. I love the royalty theme! This will be fun. I don't yet know who I'm bringing, but sign me up for now as TBD. Thanks for all your hard work keeping us going, Trixie!

I like the "Battrix" version of it. It is nice to rediscover some old toons from earlier days. 

Looking forward to the Royal ITF. I have a trio of african prince/princess siblings which I always wanted to push, they are still in their teens. Will have to work on getting one of them to 35 next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

Thanks for always keeping me honest! I'll update in my spreadsheet so it's correct the next time.

I liked Battrix.

BTW, @TygerDarkstorm, you'll be happy to know I added a second build on my dragon for team play 🙂 I did an ITF with her a few minutes ago and she rocked. I took all the Thermal Radiation powers except for Melt Armor. She'll be a better team player for next time; however, I also still have my solo build! It will be expensive to outfit two builds, but I can do it if I play her enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burnt Umber said:

Hmm, "Buttress" -> "Bat-tress" works I think?  I'm a bit poor on puns/word play though.  I wish you luck on the dark/dark sentinel: I bounced off the one I made for a theme team a while back so I'd be interested on your thoughts on how it works.

Yes, I sort of named her Flying Battress as a joke/pun, but you got it right. Just a one-time thing, though, because I have no affinity for the concept of a character named after flying buttresses. 😄 Do you mean that you deleted yours, or you still have it? If so, what level? The endurance drain was awful while leveling but now that I can play with set bonuses it's getting better. Also, during the SF today I got my Destiny slot to 90% so slotting Ageless is my main goal!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Thanks for always keeping me honest! I'll update in my spreadsheet so it's correct the next time.

I liked Battrix.

BTW, @TygerDarkstorm, you'll be happy to know I added a second build on my dragon for team play 🙂 I did an ITF with her a few minutes ago and she rocked. I took all the Thermal Radiation powers except for Melt Armor. She'll be a better team player for next time; however, I also still have my solo build! It will be expensive to outfit two builds, but I can do it if I play her enough.

All right, 2 votes for Battrix, I am liking it too. Thanks!

re: Cimerora.... it jumped out at me immediately because I'm so familiar with entering from the Midnighter Club in Cap. I wouldn't even know how to get there in a hero zone! Oh wait, is it like Cap where it's next to the university? So that would be south Steel. See, I remember some things! 😄 

So glad you are learning about having 2 builds! Back in the day it was popular for VEATs so that a soldier could switch between crab and bane, and likewise, fortunatas/night widows. I honestly have never made the effort to do it, except those times where I made a second build with all the travel pools to get the ski run badges!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

I liked Battrix.

I kept seeing the Thermal AoE heal go off and at first thought maybe Midnyte had it on her Sent. Then I realized it wasn't her and was like, wait, we have a Thermal but no Thermal shields? xD Though interestingly, I recall you saying you had both heals on your build, which seemed an odd choice for a solo build since one of them is a single target ally only heal.

I mean, I suppose the shields could be considered skippable, but I'd only imagine that's at higher level play, though folks typically can't/don't cap resistance. The clear mind like power is considered skippable by most though if you want to free up that power pick for something else.

Edit: Also, the ITF is my favorite TF, super bummed to have to miss next week. Love the theme as well. Good luck y'all!

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster