Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

22 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

That's a neat one.  But, I'd really love to be able to bring either my newly minted incarnate (Demon/Pain MM) or my DB/Nin. Stalker who needs the badge.  Not sure either would fit though.

I can always change the theme 😄 It's not set in stone! Maybe we could do Soulless - Any power you consider dark, disturbing, or lacking in soul? The definition is: having no soul or no greatness or warmth of mind or feeling.

Thanks for the feedback and your thoughts. I truly appreciate all of you!

Also, @FrauleinMental was correct in their assumption of "Night at the Opera". I, too, wish there were long dress options; however, a lot of ladies wear cocktail dresses! I know we'll all come up with something fabulous 😄 

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, I really haven't had much time to check the forums this past week after starting my new job.

Trixie, there's nothing wrong with being a casual player who's just playing the game to have fun. That's pretty much all I am doing. I played for some time during Live, but I was a teenager and I never learned anything in depth. And I'm certainly no expert now. I don't really do builds. I test things out and try to get a feel for what works, and I read. I enjoy following the forums/gold standard discord and picking up bits and pieces of information. I also find that at least being aware of what's going into beta and reading the patch notes helps--and if there's something I'm really interested in, I hop on beta to test it. I also like to give feedback for beta stuff because I feel that I represent our kind of demographic of player and that our voices are just as important to be heard as those hardcore players.

But there's still tons of stuff I don't know about the game (e.g., melee AT's are kinda  not my thing, so I'm not as good with knowledge in those AT's compared to something like an MM where my knowledge is a lot more extensive), especially anything super in depth involving numbers and such. I'm just not interested in min/maxing and that sort of thing. For example, I only brought up the stuff about Thermal last run I was there because I was mildly surprised not to see the shields going out--obviously we did fine and completed the SF--it was just something that threw me off and like one of those, oh hey, those would have been nice to have kinds of things. Another example: I frequently see people say that khelds are crap unless they're tri-form. Well, I only play my WS in human form because that's how I like her best and when I bring her out, even without a kitted out, finished build, I feel like she goes about wrecking face (except against single, harder targets lol).

And for the record, I have answered a lot of questions both here and on discord (and probably in game) where I have been wrong--it happens! My brain likes to jumble shit up and misremember things. Doesn't mean you can't/shouldn't ever answer any questions when it comes to the game.

Thank you for putting so much time and energy into keeping the Theme Teams going--I know that it can't always be easy and that it's probably exhausting at times. ❤️ I love our casual little group, and I love doing the themes and seeing how everyone interprets them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 4/22/2023 at 8:05 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Apr 29 - Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) All Controller or Dominator - "Night at the Opera"

If I manage to have another run at powerleveling a toon from lvl16 to 45 by the end of the week, I will be there with Disco Infernale, Symphony/Fire Dominator. Because I think this theme got the song but they got no melody 😎 Freak Freak da Funky Funk Funk!

In case this ain't going fast enough, I have a Theme Teamer Classic ready, the  wicked Mr O'Hallows, my Fire/Nature Controller. Exchanged the pumpkin head with something more suitably "regular" for the event 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 4/23/2023 at 12:41 AM, Burnt Umber said:

Hmm, most of my characters got remade on HC and might be familiar faces to Theme Team.  "Animus Raptus" "Umbrifer" "Ussiomnia" "Legatus Lanius" and "Atrae Noctrae" (or maybe "Noctrae Atrae"?) were all likely suspects for characters on those servers.  I had several other alts. but they never got leveled very far so I'm not sure how much I played them.

Are you on CoH Faces?

On 4/22/2023 at 2:05 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Apr 29 - Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) All Controller or Dominator - "Night at the Opera"

For Faathim, I will bring one of my two controllers, Stroke of Midnight. Dark/Rad Controller. Lvl 48 so hope to hit 50 this week!

• Thumbs Up 1

Faathim the Kind TF - Controller/Dominator ATs
"Night at the Opera" costume theme

Saturday, 4/29/2023

We kicked off with 5 of us, until Umber had to leave for work obligations.
Your work ethic is admirable, @Burnt Umber!

lPILN1s.jpg

30WqJlG.jpg

Controller, Ima Wallflower, in her elegant green finest, by @TrixieKixx
Rmkz1ap.jpg

A Theme Team long-timer looking very opera-chic, Fraulein Mental by @FrauleinMental
s71UZyn.jpg

An intriguing story for Atomi Hiroe, and dressed to the nines for the opera event. By @Burnt Umber.
0kQskKc.jpg

Clever concept and design by @Bananiac, Disco Infernale. With 2 different looks!
ArBu9EO.jpg

Dark/Rad Controller by @Midnyte, Stroke of Midnight fulfills all the prerequisites to join the Midnight Dames supergroup. Does anyone know what they are? Excited to ding 50 during this TF.
pOp5lXt.jpg

K8hvI4j.jpg

Here we are all gussied up for the opera.
bJZdEJG.jpg

z0iLeV5.jpg

sx6Krm7.jpg

kmcZAjn.jpg

9icJAO8.jpg

Auras on, here we go!
PZHX3JG.jpg

PePz0Wk.jpg

EU8TkL3.jpg

mMKVEPu.jpg

One of my favorite power sounds in the whole game, @TrixieKixx very soothing
4IIkUMK.jpg

xWMRjXs.jpg

N9FYC29.jpg

BIpG6HJ.jpg

ucdit5f.jpg

Hz2LqdG.jpg

T3fvsHF.jpg

sWbNUBL.jpg

h764skg.jpg

0rQEeZb.jpg

DCZClYA.jpg

WjslHww.jpg

w9qldKi.jpg

Ev3ZoMo.jpg

ndNZq6q.jpg

P2BuIHo.jpg

bKdHOFt.jpg

RZEiLTH.jpg

T3yQPvJ.jpg

yQrJK8A.jpg

Hehee, very excited about this. To attempt building an incarnate controller!
f3dybw7.jpg

UG5j2RA.jpg

ocdlrZX.jpg

doxDoEn.jpg

A0TbD82.jpg

I was really pleased to see a Baphomet defeat in this TF. I had forgotten that. Demon Slayer defeat badge.
H51u1K8.jpg

MAx2M3c.jpg

xda2XUU.jpg

HcsJrVN.jpg

enxrCBc.jpg

WmXeB8a.jpg

asCMC7y.jpg

dcxntbW.jpg

We did really well for starting with team of 5 which got reduced to 4 when Umber had to leave for work.
p7E8Xik.jpg

MTBHkOV.jpg

jT8L0sh.jpg

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 4

5/6 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50; Red Side: Grandville) – Soulless - Any power you consider dark, disturbing, or lacking in soul, plus your darkest costume

5/13 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) – Musically Inclined - Costume inspired by a genre of music, character of choice must have one of their powers be Sonic

5/20 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Purple: Rikti War Zone) – Fashion Show - Put together your bizarre interpretation of something that might be seen at a fashion show! Any AT

5/27 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) – Corporate World…dress to impress Hopkins and Countess Crey! Any AT

@TrixieKixx Fairy Little - Dark/Kin Controller

@FrauleinMental Coffee Ring - Water/Dark Corruptor

@Burnt Umber Alichino - Demons/Pain MM

@Bananiac Violet Valkyria - Sword/Dark Brute

@TygerDarkstorm Beast of Soul - Dark/Dark Defender

@Midnyte Stroke of Midnight - Dark/Rad Controller 

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thanks 1

Sorry I had to leave a touch early today.  I hope the rest of the TF played out okay.

3 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Lord Recluse (Level 45-50; Red Side: Grandville) – Soulless - Any power you consider dark, disturbing, or lacking in soul, plus your darkest costume

I plan on bringing Alichino - Demons/Pain MM.  (Thanks again Trixie for adjusting the theme to accommodate.)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

Sorry I had to leave a touch early today.  I hope the rest of the TF played out okay.

I plan on bringing Alichino - Demons/Pain MM.  (Thanks again Trixie for adjusting the theme to accommodate.)

No worries, Umber! Life takes priority over the game 🙂 We did awesome! It was long (2 hours!), but we did it!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/30/2023 at 1:00 PM, Burnt Umber said:

The "Intuition Radial" Alpha is great on my Controller with /Rad, and I really like the "Control Core" or the "Melee Core" Hybrids.  Not sure if that helps?

Interesting, thanks for the suggestion!  I'm gonna try that with Intuition Radial and Control Core.  I'd been slotting Musculature Core and Assault Radial for the damage and doublehit, since I need damage, but it looks like your solution might do the damage and better control on top (which I also need).

Support Hybrid looks interesting if you have pets or spend a lot of time on leagues.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Interesting, thanks for the suggestion!  I'm gonna try that with Intuition Radial and Control Core.  I'd been slotting Musculature Core and Assault Radial for the damage and doublehit, since I need damage, but it looks like your solution might do the damage and better control on top (which I also need).

Support Hybrid looks interesting if you have pets or spend a lot of time on leagues.

I'm glad my suggestion is getting seconded!  I think that the common wisdom/meta of Musculature/Cardiac Alpha-Ageless/Barrier Destiny-Assault Radial Hybrid would be a bit limiting, if not outright hampering, for my builds.  I've found that there is a lot of interesting options and interactions to be found in the Incarnate System once you start tinkering.

And, although I do have it slotted on a few characters, I'm a bit wary of Support Hybrid because I think I read somewhere that the "pets" for which it doubles its bonuses is actually only MM henchmen rather than all "pets."  That said it does give some nice bonuses all the same so it works well (I think?) in settings where you're on a team and the extra team/league oomph is better than just individual effort.

Edited by Burnt Umber
  • Like 2

I do really like the Barrier Radial Destiny for the 2x Rez; on occasion I've saved a team from wiping with it, but I should probably just use it regularly.  That being said, I do like Clarion Core for the perma status protection (well, if you put it on autofire, since it's a click power with recharge time equal to its duration), and Incandescence Core is popular for the league teleport.  I like Rebirth Radial instead of Ageless on my Rad/Fire farmer, which goes against "best practice" but works better for me.

For Judgement, most of my incarnates use Ion Core just to fire and forget.  The others depend on positioning but are still good and I'll take them if theme dictates.  My WP/SS tanker uses Mighty (because why wouldn't she?), and I have a couple other close combatants who use Void.

For Lore, it's more by character/theme.  The "one true build" seems to be BP, but I don't use them much.  My main uses Storm Elementals for theme (and love of the Shadow Shard), and I have a few who use Polar Lights or Carnies.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 2:00 PM, Burnt Umber said:

The "Intuition Radial" Alpha is great on my Controller with /Rad, and I really like the "Control Core" or the "Melee Core" Hybrids.  Not sure if that helps?

Yes, for sure. I'm always glad to get experienced advice from friends. I'll check it out. 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 9:37 PM, TrixieKixx said:

5/6 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50; Red Side: Grandville) – Soulless - Any power you consider dark, disturbing, or lacking in soul, plus your darkest costume

@Burnt Umber Alichino - Demons/Pain MMs

I have several options here, but given the current team composition I think I will bring some melee damage with Violet Valkyria, Sword/Dark Brute.

Don't know if she will be tough enough to tank all those heroes we need to fight, but I can give it a shot. Maybe all the dark debuff will save it 😎

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 5/2/2023 at 11:42 PM, FrauleinMental said:

For Judgement, most of my incarnates use Ion Core just to fire and forget.  The others depend on positioning but are still good and I'll take them if theme dictates.  My WP/SS tanker uses Mighty (because why wouldn't she?), and I have a couple other close combatants who use Void.

For Lore, it's more by character/theme.  The "one true build" seems to be BP, but I don't use them much.  My main uses Storm Elementals for theme (and love of the Shadow Shard), and I have a few who use Polar Lights or Carnies.

Judgement, I have a really soft spot for Vorpal on some of my toons. The thought of you taking aim, making a cool spin move to release a number of phantom copies of yourself in a cone towards a mob, and have lots of orange numbers pop up out of nowhere, is just soooo cinematic in my mind! 🙂 

My other favorite is mighty, because who doesn't love some good knock-up? I love some good knock-up, whenever I can get it!

Only thing is, both powers are basically smashing/lethal damage, which makes their effectiveness a bit of a mixed bag.

Lore is exclusively driven by best theme fit, I don't care about numbers here at all. That is also one of the reasons why I almost never end up with the BP lores. They somehow never seem to really go well with any of my concepts...

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 5:21 AM, Bananiac said:

I have several options here, but given the current team composition I think I will bring some melee damage with Violet Valkyria, Sword/Dark Brute.

Don't know if she will be tough enough to tank all those heroes we need to fight, but I can give it a shot. Maybe all the dark debuff will save it 😎

I'll see if I have a brute who needs these badges too. And also remember Heat Seeker badge when we defeat the Arachnos Flier. I remember a few months ago doing an LRSF when Fraulein and I tanked LR together, and though it took a while, we were successful in the end. Will update later tonight when finished working.

On 5/2/2023 at 5:42 PM, FrauleinMental said:

I do love Ion for that fire & forget reason too! I chose it first for my electric brute just for concept, but then fell in love with the ranged AoE. I am going for Radial though, because that chain fence proc just sounds so cool.  ****ooooo pretty flashing lights****

The position-dependent ones (like cones, ugh) are unappealing to me for combat, but sometimes take them for concept. Perfect example is Cryonic. I mean how could any of my ice girls not take Cryonic? 🥶

I think for just the "fun" factor I love Void the best. I like the animation and effect and it complements any dark powerset so well.

Mighty of course is awesome, but I don't like that I can't change the brown color into something pretty. LOL. Silly, I know. But yeah, any kind of foot-stomp-like power is so much fun.

@Bananiac, I saw your comment about Vorpal... and can I just say, I put it on one character and really just can't figure out what it's supposed to be. LOL. I will have to delve into it a bit more. 😄 

On 5/2/2023 at 5:42 PM, FrauleinMental said:

Absolutely for me as well. Totally concept for Lore. I have never chosen BP for that very reason! Carnies are fun, yeah. The demons are probably my fave, with Carnies being second. Rularuu is cool because.... giant eyeballs. Love Polar Lights and Storm too. Oh and my VEATs like Arachnos to build their army. 😄 Oh and 2 more I just thought of.. Knives and Cimerorans. Awww... I love all my lore pets! ♥

On 4/29/2023 at 12:37 PM, TrixieKixx said:

5/13 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) – Musically Inclined - Costume inspired by a genre of music, character of choice must have one of their powers be Sonic

5/20 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Purple: Rikti War Zone) – Fashion Show - Put together your bizarre interpretation of something that might be seen at a fashion show! Any AT

5/27 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) – Corporate World…dress to impress Hopkins and Countess Crey! Any AT

@Burnt Umber Alichino - Demons/Pain MM

@Bananiac Violet Valkyria - Sword/Dark Brute

Provided I don't oversleep, I should be there on Beast of Soul - Dark/Dark Defender

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Lord Recluse SF - Dark Powers & Dark Costume/Concept

Saturday, 5/6/2023

KtJKHID.jpg

sJrtjcH.jpg

Coffee Ring, corruptor by @FrauleinMental. Always a bit unnerving. 😲
1cxyLNg.jpg

Alichino and his army of demons by @Burnt Umber

gASKji3.jpg
zvGOjn3.jpg

Fairy Little, controller by @TrixieKixx
ze62EML.jpg

Stroke of Midnight, controller by @Midnyte
xor57kS.jpg

Violet Valkyria, brute by @Bananiac
7gq4SCZ.jpg

Beast of Soul, defender by @TygerDarkstorm
PricSoq.jpg

SCz7Ufi.jpg

U9lRqrs.jpg

ITv9A5z.jpg

IeHCW2n.jpg

bgmG9IN.jpg

oQCgrPu.jpg

1htvogy.jpg

egRVx8U.jpg

t5gKvh7.jpg

gr235Pg.jpg

I can't tell which of us is anointing us with just the perfect amount of healing points 😄☮️

(probably defender-level healing, so I'm guessing Beast of Soul)
ujfZulV.jpg

kCXpOJU.jpg

lLqFyM3.jpg

xT6Zhhf.jpg

WOj3vVF.jpg

I never realized there are vigilante versions of the usual good/bad side badge names.
izpW9Br.jpg

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3