Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

5/6 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50; Red Side: Grandville) – Soulless - Any power you consider dark, disturbing, or lacking in soul, plus your darkest costume

5/13 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) – Musically Inclined - Costume inspired by a genre of music, character of choice must have one of their powers be Sonic or Symphony

5/20 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Purple: Rikti War Zone) – Fashion Show - Put together your bizarre interpretation of something that might be seen at a fashion show! Any AT

5/27 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) – Corporate World…dress to impress Hopkins and Countess Crey! Any AT

@TrixieKixx Screaming Meemees - Storm/Sonic Corruptor

@FrauleinMental Aural Aria - Symphony/Sonic Controller

@Burnt Umber Nuntius - Symphony Control/Thermal Controller

@Midnyte Melody Bubbles - Symphony/FF Controller

@TygerDarkstorm Shock N Shout - Elec/Sonic Dominator

@Jaxman100 Singing Shinobi - Sonic/Ninja Blaster

Edited by TrixieKixx

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

5/13 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) – Musically Inclined - Costume inspired by a genre of music, character of choice must have one of their powers be Sonic

I rolled a new character a couple weeks ago for this myself:  Aural Aria - Symphony/Sonic CTRL

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

5/13 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) – Musically Inclined - Costume inspired by a genre of music, character of choice must have one of their powers be Sonic

Does Sym. Control count?

If so, I'll bring Nuntius - Sym./Thermal.

If not, I'll have to work something out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Burnt Umber said:

Does Sym. Control count?

If so, I'll bring Nuntius - Sym./Thermal.

If not, I'll have to work something out.

Is that Symphony/Thermal? Maybe we can include Symphony since it's musical!!! That's a good idea! Let me change it!!! I actually have a Symphony toon that's in her 30's 🙂 

@Midnyte Omg, that 420 healing was a perfect catch! I am not sure if it was from me though since I wasn't level 50 for most of the SF and didn't spend too much time in the melee scrum since I kept dying. But it certainly could have been one of the times I was in there! lol. Regardless of who it was, that is too funny

@TrixieKixx I think I have the perfect rocker for this; I will try to get Shock N Shout - Elec/Sonic Dominator leveled up

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I was throwing out Twilight Grasp during that fight, so maybe those numbers are mine.  It's rated at a touch over 400 healing, plus a 5% set bonus that might do it.  Its cast time is excruciatingly long (2.37 s) and requires a to-hit roll against an enemy (kinda like Transfusion in /kin, which does roughly the same healing).

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Is that Symphony/Thermal?

Ah, sorry! Yes, I did mean Symphony Control/Thermal Controller.

I wasn't sure if Symphony was "Sonic" even though it's "musical."  Thanks for accommodating me (again)!

23 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

5/20 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Purple: Rikti War Zone) – Fashion Show

Also, to cut-off my confusion ahead of time, how should this look? I'm decidedly ignorant of fashion shows (or, perhaps even, being fashionable : P) so I could use some guidance.

Edited by Burnt Umber
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

Ah, sorry! Yes, I did mean Symphony Control/Thermal Controller.

I wasn't sure if Symphony was "Sonic" even though it's "musical."  Thanks for accommodating me (again)!

Also, to cut-off my confusion ahead of time, how should this look? I'm decidedly ignorant of fashion shows (or, perhaps even, being fashionable : P) so I could use some guidance.

Depends how into it you want to get. You can look at shows for the big brand names (Gucci, Prada, Valentino, etc.), movie references like Zoolander, or just your own interpretation of what a runway look would be.

The game will limit this one to some extent just for lack of options in the CC

Edit: Whoops, I messed this one up with the fashion show theme. This week is a musical theme, which should be easy; you're just building around a genre

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Thanks 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

4 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

Google Fashion Show - This was @TygerDarkstorm idea...but I think she meant something avant garde? Avant-garde refers to a fashion designer or a person who experiments to design and wear something that has never been designed or worn before. Its look is entirely unconventional and even beyond the imagination of common people. Whatever you come up with will be fine!

No, I did not mean avant garde. 🙂 The kind of nice thing with fashion is that it is open to interpretation.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Ok...so, whatever you think is fashionable 😄 For next weeks TF, I chose a punk rock 80's theme 🙂

Yes, I think that's fair enough. There are some limitations with the costume creator, so I wouldn't want it to be too restrictive. But I feel like a few of us have probably seen some of those "fashion" looks where you're like, wtf is that? lol But much like art, fashion can be almost anything! 😄

But yeah, I got super confused seeing questions about the fashion theme because I was like wait, this next theme is music. xD I too went punk rock with my character. 🙂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

I would All-Out-Gaultier this! 😎

Because, how could you not: Green!

• Haha 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 5/6/2023 at 7:50 PM, Midnyte said:

Lord Recluse SF - Dark Powers & Dark Costume/Concept

Saturday, 5/6/2023

KtJKHID.jpg

sJrtjcH.jpg

Coffee Ring, corruptor by @FrauleinMental. Always a bit unnerving. 😲
1cxyLNg.jpg

Alichino and his army of demons by @Burnt Umber

gASKji3.jpg

Fairy Little, controller by @TrixieKixx
ze62EML.jpg

Stroke of Midnight, controller by @Midnyte
xor57kS.jpg

Violet Valkyria, brute by @Bananiac
7gq4SCZ.jpg

Beast of Soul, defender by @TygerDarkstorm
PricSoq.jpg

Great photo story again, @Midnyte!

I also love how everybody's toon brought a backstory this time! Haven't had that for quite a while....

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 5/6/2023 at 8:09 PM, TrixieKixx said:

5/13 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) – Musically Inclined - Costume inspired by a genre of music, character of choice must have one of their powers be Sonic or Symphony

@TrixieKixx Screaming Meemees - Storm/Sonic Corruptor

@FrauleinMental Aural Aria - Symphony/Sonic CTRL

@Burnt Umber Nuntius - Symphony Control/Thermal Controller

@Midnyte Melody Bubbles - Symphony/FF Controller

@TygerDarkstorm Shock N Shout - Elec/Sonic Dominator

I think I will bring my Dominator Disco Infernale again, Symphony/Fire, in his regular funky groovy disco outfit. A good opportunity to take him through the final stretch to 50.

Which will make him my 1st Dominator to ever get this far. I think I have 2 or 3 other Doms idling around at lvl 6 or so...

On the condition that I will be able to game next saturday, that is. 

Edited by Bananiac
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Yes, I think that's fair enough. There are some limitations with the costume creator, so I wouldn't want it to be too restrictive. But I feel like a few of us have probably seen some of those "fashion" looks where you're like, wtf is that? lol But much like art, fashion can be almost anything! 😄

But yeah, I got super confused seeing questions about the fashion theme because I was like wait, this next theme is music. xD I too went punk rock with my character. 🙂

I went opera with my character for this week, so a similar costume to our 'Night at the Opera' theme, just a different character.  I've made a couple of alternate costumes in different genres, but opera fits the character name best.

For 'Fashion Week', so far I've found a Victoria's Secret show pic I'm emulating, with bikini and trenchcoat.  I'll be bringing my main, because I'm the anti-altoholic person and look for reasons to play my main.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I would All-Out-Gaultier this! 😎

Because, how could you not: Green!

Great reference!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 12:28 AM, TygerDarkstorm said:

@Midnyte Omg, that 420 healing was a perfect catch! I am not sure if it was from me though since I wasn't level 50 for most of the SF and didn't spend too much time in the melee scrum since I kept dying. But it certainly could have been one of the times I was in there! lol. Regardless of who it was, that is too funny

Yeah, I thought of that too. You were in the high 40s with a defender-level heal, and the other couple of us were 50s w/MM & controller heals. I'll log mine on and test it 😄 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 6:34 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Google Fashion Show - This was @TygerDarkstorm idea...but I think she meant something avant garde? Avant-garde refers to a fashion designer or a person who experiments to design and wear something that has never been designed or worn before. Its look is entirely unconventional and even beyond the imagination of common people. Whatever you come up with will be fine!

Do any of you watch Emily in Paris? My advice would be not to emulate the most recent episode 😆

• Haha 1

Gonna have to bail out of this one 😞 Insanely busy week and I had no time to level up my symph controller 😞 😞 She's still at level 8! 😮 

I may show up just to take pictures though. 😄 

Sat morning edit: my son offered to get me some levels so I will be able to join after all! Melody Bubbles will be there representing '80s hair bands!

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:06 AM, FrauleinMental said:

I was throwing out Twilight Grasp during that fight, so maybe those numbers are mine.  It's rated at a touch over 400 healing, plus a 5% set bonus that might do it.  Its cast time is excruciatingly long (2.37 s) and requires a to-hit roll against an enemy (kinda like Transfusion in /kin, which does roughly the same healing).

Oh, could be! I remember that long cast time and the to-hit check. Now I'm in the mood to use that set again. NEW CHARACTER ALERT 😄

• Like 1

Citadel TF - Music Genre costume theme

All Symphony/Sonic powers

Saturday, 5/13/2023

The actual line-up differed a little from the sign-up sheet

7lDnW0R.jpg

WSghT0W.jpg

Gorgeous in white & gold, Aural Aria by @FrauleinMental
(I know there's a cool story in there with that blindfold)
RIo360A.jpg

@Burnt Umber represented the Early Romantic period of music
1qJHBxR.jpg

Screaming Meemees by @TrixieKixx
LaAGnhj.jpg

Singing Shinobi by @Jaxman100

The lone blaster in a sea of control types
Rc8cP54.jpg

Melody Bubbles representing headbanging hair bands by @Midnyte
ZMVdaF2.jpg

a03kioH.jpg

Shock N Shout, the ultimate punk rocker by @TygerDarkstorm
bmt8wma.jpg

Cc7SEgH.jpg

qSKDRt5.jpg

4ldDFbd.jpg

TAEHsVk.jpg

The symphony graphics are enthralling
ZAkg0Sz.jpg

ffMwAkj.jpg

cD3OTYN.jpg

61vIbsb.jpg

YyFT2tA.jpg

Council swooning to Early Romantic's crooning
GFP3nnb.jpg

Council snoozing to Melody Bubbles' lullabye
2ziuzko.jpg

The symphony color-coding made it easy to differentiate

whose powers.... gold for Aural Aria, turquoise for Early Romantic,

and pink for Melody Bubbles
2d5FuVu.jpg

grHci9k.jpg

e3863Il.jpg

Okp2tD4.jpg

arSlxlp.jpg

VAiqswT.jpg

3dfZo59.jpg

h6BH7oJ.jpg

iaErzW4.jpg

AtFmTtB.jpg

6MEryfX.jpg

tnVlk3J.jpg

Jy5i4Kw.jpg

GXccleM.jpg

Xns5Ew1.jpg

A teammate threw some spell-casting cards at Melody
ThuSBWj.jpg

Nt4Mppq.jpg

OSo074J.jpg

The whole TF was filled with delightful sights and sounds
BwXF90C.jpg

kCB68TP.jpg

CBQu8DX.jpg

acPgJ0g.jpg

♫♪ LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR ♪♪♫
zp9w02Q.jpg

0jPQFXy.jpg

ImbQWQR.jpg

yXQTJEs.jpg

Ry2CiSN.jpg

6zOQb8b.jpg

IEtXura.jpg

HpfPOPo.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

5/6 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50; Red Side: Grandville) – Soulless - Any power you consider dark, disturbing, or lacking in soul, plus your darkest costume

5/20 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Purple: Rikti War Zone) – Fashion Show - Put together your bizarre interpretation of something that might be seen at a fashion show! Any AT

5/27 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) – Corporate World…dress to impress Hopkins and Countess Crey! Any AT

@TrixieKixx Potato Dumpling - RA/Dark Melee Tank

@Burnt Umber Nox - Fortunata

@TygerDarkstorm DarkSpark - Dark/Elec Controller

@FrauleinMental Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller

@Midnyte Stroke of Midnight - Dark/Rad Controller

@Bananiac Bananiac - Plant/Rad Controller

Edited by TrixieKixx

40 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Nox - Fortunata

I think I'll end up looking a bit boring by comparison but so it goes.

Edited by Burnt Umber
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1