Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

8 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

5/27 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) – Corporate World…dress to impress Hopkins and Countess Crey! Any AT

I'll try to bring Caelum - Storm/Elec. Blaster.

And, re: that first Saturday in June, I'd be up for something short like a Market Crash?  I have my Demon/Pain MM who's waiting to do that one.  (How he'd look "touristy" I'm not exactly sure yet.)  Though, if we just take the week off, that'd be fine too.

• Thumbs Up 1

MC is only quick if you have a good team comp for that last mish; that AV and surrounding mobs cause a lot of deaths.

Edit: Not saying we can't do it, but like I said, our turn out lately hasn't been yielding a full team anyway, Indom is already a super low pop shard (which makes picking up randoms hard), and that last fight wrecks teams. If we want to try it, we'll need to make sure we have a good comp.

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Hi Themer's! As promised, here's the lowdown on June Themes!

6/3 – Vacation time! Three of the Themer's are on vacation 🙂 Talk amongst yourselves!

6/10 – Numina (Level 35-40 - Blue Side: Founders Falls) – Anime costumes – Any AT

6/17 – Barracuda (Level 45-50 – Red Side: Grandville) – Military Costumes - Bring a Defender, Mastermind, Scrapper, or Stalker! Let's try to keep it balanced!

6/24 –  Tree of Thorns Respec #1 Sparcetriel (Level 24-33 – Red Side: Nerva Archipelago) Robin Hood - Steal from the rich, give to the poor in your interpretation of this famous vigilante; Archery powers preferred

I need more theme ideas! Or, we can start recycling some themes too! What were some of your favorites you'd like to revisit?

• Thanks 3

On 5/21/2023 at 1:08 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

You guys should enjoy your time together; we'll be fine if we skip theme team that week. 🙂

Edit: Also, I'll be bringing Femme Flametale - Fire/Rad Scrapper for Citadel

Is this who you're bringing to Manticore? (guessing you just said the wrong TF) 🙂 

22 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

I need more theme ideas! Or, we can start recycling some themes too! What were some of your favorites you'd like to revisit?

I'd love to repeat some past ones, or even do a slight variation on past costume themes to make it AT-specific this time around. I'll review our past 2 1/2 years and submit some ideas. 😄 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Here's a few:

• All magician/illusionists run (blueside would be my preference)
  • Time-travelers (redside would be my preference)
  • Mutants and monsters
  • All brain-in-a-jar characters for a Synapse TF
  • All storm blast/storm summoning
  • All radiation (blast/manipulation/emission/melee/armor)
  • All plant/nature

And, it's a bit down the line, but I'd be up for vocational/trade/apprenticeship jobs for Labor Day.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Is this who you're bringing to Manticore? (guessing you just said the wrong TF) 🙂 

LOL Indeed I did say the wrong TF! Yes, I meant for this week's Manticore 😅

• Thumbs Up 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Theme Idea: Y2K (1999-2010 ish)

I'm not sure what this was like outside the US, but think all the craziness about everything crashing/world ending. As well as some of the looks that were popular then. Posting an inspiration outfit I made for one of my characters.

doczombie.png

• Thanks 1

Pitching a few that I had in the back of my head for quite a while now: 

• Tales of the Arabian Nights - could be narrowed down to "Build your own Djinn", maybe coupled with the All-Storms-Allstar Power Theme...
  • "Call the Police" - Police Officers, Detectives, Undercover Agents, Miami Vice, Beverly Hills Cop, CSI Los Angeles, you name it... 🙂 
  • "Pinball Wizards" - All-Knockback Powersets ("We don't do no friggin' KB-to-KD here!")
  • Favorite Sports - Curling is Your Thing? Do It! Chess is a sport! Nordic Walking too!
  • Brothers Grimm / Fairy Tales - doesn't need any further explanation, I guess...
  • "Fatal Flowers" - Plant / Nature / Flowers / Bio costumes and powers... Seconding here what Umber said above

And I mentioned that before maybe, what about some popular pop culture franchises, like Game Of Thrones, Star Wars, Dune*, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Hunger Games...?

*Would love to do that one some time! I already have a Sardaukar, a Reverrend Mother, a Fedaykin, and a Guild Navigator character lying around somewhere. Because... you know, Alts...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 5/24/2023 at 12:15 AM, TygerDarkstorm said:

Theme Idea: Y2K (1999-2010 ish)

I'm not sure what this was like outside the US, but think all the craziness about everything crashing/world ending. As well as some of the looks that were popular then.

This is a neat idea!  Would a cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic look also fit in with this?  I remember a couple trashy shows and movies of the time having an urban post-apocalypse vibe to accompany computers and information networks collapsing.

7 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

This is a neat idea!  Would a cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic look also fit in with this?  I remember a couple trashy shows and movies of the time having an urban post-apocalypse vibe to accompany computers and information networks collapsing.

I think so! I think I remember there being some "oh no the world is ending" vibes happening at the time.

Also, have we done a toys theme? For example, I have a character named Polly Shockit which is a rip of Polly Pocket.

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Also, have we done a toys theme? For example, I have a character named Polly Shockit which is a rip of Polly Pocket.

We recently did "a favorite childhood toy" theme for which I made a Lite Brite character. Trixie was Barbie. Maybe you weren't able to attend that week, I can't remember! But it's totally worth doing again as a slight variation.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/21/2023 at 11:50 AM, TrixieKixx said:

5/27 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) – Corporate World…dress to impress Hopkins and Countess Crey! Any AT

Count me in! Forever Midnight - Night Widow 🕸️

• Thumbs Up 1

Manticore TF - Corporate costume theme - Any AT

Saturday - May 27, 2023

AdLFhVw.jpg

0RAnya5.jpg

@TrixieKixx's controller, Dark Ambrosia, looking very spiffy!
g36fi0x.jpg

@TygerDarkstorm's scrapper, Femme Flametale, took "dress to impress" to a whole new level!
IbJ0Dui.jpg

A close-up of this clever and elegant design (Pay no attention to my attempt at bribery)
P.S. Tyger: I was thinking what you said that the gunslinger necks are not lacey, and I realized it may be steampunk? I get those 2 sets mixed up sometimes)

43Hw9Za.jpg

@Midnyte's night widow, Forever Midnight, in her best attempt at businesswear
6ozjp71.jpg

Lady Black Ice, brute by @Jaxman100, switching between fancy tea and hot coffee (we assume)
nVao3YP.jpg

@Burnt Umber's blaster, Caelum Ignis, looking office-dapper!
(I was looking for this headset in the costume creator too but never found it!)
bvHyPgX.jpg

Occasional themer, @Tsoo Much (global) joined us with MM, So Tsoo Me, whose business attire wouldn't be complete without his Asian hat & sandals
qYhjpic.jpg

Another repeat themer, @Lividus (global) fearlessly brought his warshade to the party, R'lyehian Messiah
(every attempt was made to beat the living pulp out of all those Quantums who came lookin' for ya!)
15TI7pf.jpg

51qfVlg.jpg

qgWOWSk.jpg

8wzQBb2.jpg

gFTTLEV.jpg

MACQYdY.jpg

4PZI0qS.jpg

m2XIebz.jpg

gn9zZMJ.jpg

GeciMms.jpg

Tyger and I decided to have a quick aerobics workout while fighting this Quantum
bAFqL1k.jpg

Yes, feel the burn of my toxic claws
hNgpkxQ.jpg

kXWGgtb.jpg

Beware the flying Crey!
SwWIwHr.jpg

CMDHw1G.jpg

HG3tjxo.jpg

The "controlled chaos" was such fun today!
8oeCzf8.jpg

This PP wasn't afraid until she felt the steel toes I had custom-built into my office maryjane pumps!
bbC6UBC.jpg

zl55b5v.jpg

Umber got Unyielding, and I got Undying in this scene. Score!
SJqieQE.jpg

Three AV fights in a row are no match for this skittles team!
n4QgEcu.jpg

yT3QNXT.jpg

siY8MWc.jpg

uGF76C9.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6/3 – Vacation time! Three of the Themer's are on vacation 🙂 Talk amongst yourselves!

6/10 – Numina (Level 35-40 - Blue Side: Founders Falls) – Anime costumes – Any AT

6/17 – Barracuda (Level 45-50 – Red Side: Grandville) – Military Costumes - Bring a Defender, Mastermind, Scrapper, or Stalker! Let's try to keep it balanced!

6/24 –  Tree of Thorns Respec #1 Sparcetriel (Level 24-33 – Red Side: Nerva Archipelago)  Robin Hood - Steal from the rich, give to the poor in your interpretation of this famous vigilante; Archery powers preferred

@Midnyte Yes, like I mentioned in game, the neck piece I was using was the Victorian Steampunk one. 🙂 The gunslinger one has a bovine skull and looks almost more like a shirt collar. And Umber's headpiece is the Arena Headset found in the Detail 2 options for heads 🙂

Edit: Attaching Femme's costume file

femme.costume

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

@Midnyte Yes, like I mentioned in game, the neck piece I was using was the Victorian Steampunk one. 🙂 The gunslinger one has a bovine skull and looks almost more like a shirt collar. And Umber's headpiece is the Arena Headset found in the Detail 2 options for heads

thanks so much for the file! I'll take a look. And yeah, I totally missed your comment in-game that you knew it was steampunk! 🙂 

• Like 1

No active theme teaming for me right now, besides hanging out in Real Life with Midnyte and Trixie over here in California. 

I will return on saturday 10th from the US, so my next participation is probably gonna be saturday 17th. 

You guys keep hunting! 👍

• Like 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Has an official plan been made yet if the rest of us are going to attempt something?

I liked Frau's idea for tourists/looking out of place. I like Market Crash as well, but that might take some coordinating of AT's since that last fight can be a doozy.

That link borked for anyone else, or just me?

Edit: Since no one else has really said anything this week, I'm just gonna assume we're all skipping TT this Saturday, which is fine. Enjoy your visit to CA Ban and Midnyte! ❤️

Idk when I'll see y'all again as I'm in the middle of graduation season for family and moving once again. So I'll use the extra time tomorrow for packing. 😅

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1