Jump to content
TraumaTrain

Themed TF/SF Saturdays

Recommended Posts

Just now, Midnyte said:

 

Oh geez, my apologies. Today was so scattered... started early while I was in the middle of taking close-ups, so didn't even get everybody. 😞 And then no group pics because it ran so long and some had to leave before the invasion. Really proud of our Hami success though! I will edit the pictures to set things right. 🙂 Thanks so much for letting me know of my goof!

 

 

I'm so sorry about that. We were all there and I asked if everyone was ready and I got mostly Yes's so I just started it. My mind must've been elsewhere as we usually do take team pics before I even start the TF. I posted a pic of my toon, Mechi, earlier so it's all good that you didn't get me 😄 And, unfortunately, I didn't get any pics at all today. I'll remember next time!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello TTT!

 

Thanks so much for sticking it through today's Robot Costume Themed Lady Grey TF. I'm so proud of all of us for working together (along with the Help channel) to figure out how to get some temporary holds to finish up that Hami mission. We still had a lot of fun, I think! Especially with all the MM's floating around...Those bots were cray cray!

 

Our next adventure awaits us on February 27th with the Mortimer Kal SF (20-40 Villain - The Fire and the Flames.) The theme is "Spicy Hot" which means one of your powersets must be Fire! Hopefully, we have a nice mix of AT's with this one 😄 

 

@TrixieKixx- Thandi Phoenix - Fire / Kin Troller

@TygerDarkstorm- Fire's Embrace - Fiery Aura / Savage Melee Tanker

@FrauleinMental- Sister Lyra - Fire / Willpower Sentinel

@Midnyte- Midnyte Fyre - Fire / Willpower Sentinel

@Bananiac- Magmatron - Water / Thermal Corruptor (has a fire power)

@socom242- Cienfuegos - Fire / Fire Tank

@TraumaTrain - Ghost Pepper - Fire / Fire Dom

@Jaxman100 - Jaxon Flambeau - Rad / Fire Brute

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Hello TTT!

 

Thanks so much for sticking it through today's Robot Costume Themed Lady Grey TF. I'm so proud of all of us for working together (along with the Help channel) to figure out how to get some temporary holds to finish up that Hami mission. We still had a lot of fun, I think! Especially with all the MM's floating around...Those bots were cray cray!

 

Our next adventure awaits us on February 27th with the Mortimer Kal SF (20-40 Villain - The Fire and the Flames.) The theme is "Spicy Hot" which means one of your powersets must be Fire! Hopefully, we have a nice mix of AT's with this one 😄 

 

@TrixieKixx- Thandi Phoenix - Fire / Kin Troller

Today was a fun learning experience. 🙂

 

I'll be there next week on Fire's Embrace, a Fiery Aura/Savage Melee Tanker

  • Like 3

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Indom: Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM; Tyger Darkstorm - Dark/Storm Corr; Botanical Pathogen - Plant/Poison Troller

Everlasting: Helen Wails - Thermal/Sonic Def; Trixie Traxx - Crab Spider; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Troller; Lola Huntress - Night Widow; Frosty Forest - Ice/Nature Corr

The Saber Force Squad: Alpha - Fire/Rad Sent; Beta - Katana/Ninjitsu Scrapper; Gamma - Bots/EA MM; Delta - MA/Regen Scrapper; Epsilon - Rad/Fire Brute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

I'm so sorry about that. We were all there and I asked if everyone was ready and I got mostly Yes's so I just started it. My mind must've been elsewhere as we usually do take team pics before I even start the TF. 

 

It's understandable, @TrixieKixx, there is always a lot going on both in game and in our real lives. There's no set rule about taking pics, it's just something I try to squeeze in before we start when everyone is standing around. I didn't mean to sound like a whiny crybaby, LOL, so sorry if I came off that way. It doesn't have to go smoothly all the time, that's part of the charm of our friendly and mellow group. 🙂  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Our next adventure awaits us on February 27th with the Mortimer Kal SF (20-40 Villain - The Fire and the Flames.) The theme is "Spicy Hot" which means one of your powersets must be Fire! Hopefully, we have a nice mix of AT's with this one 😄 

 

I will sign up with Midnyte Fyre, a spicy wytch who blasts fire! Fire/WP sentinel. @FrauleinMental, we will be twinsies! She's at 46 and was the first sentinel I tried back when it was new, and I loved the AT but then she got left behind when I tried water blast and loved it more, and then ice blast and loved it even more, and both of those are 50 now. Time to give my flames some love! 🔥

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we had an 18 hr day yesterday and are gearing up to start again.  So no clue if I can make it next week yet.  Glad you all pushed through. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaxman100 said:

So we had an 18 hr day yesterday and are gearing up to start again.  So no clue if I can make it next week yet.  Glad you all pushed through. 

Man, you seem to have some busy days these days. Hope things get back to (more) normal soon... or what goes for normal nowadays.

 

  • Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only got a few worthwhile pics in, but here we are. Doesmn't bother me at all that we didn't get the entry and exit shots this time. 

It was a fun learning experience for me, I definitely didn't do this one before! And this is for sure something that one needs to be aware of what is needed going in.

Great effort, guys! It was well worth it!

 

605955434_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_02.20-20_06_55_43.thumb.png.756b1f0a2b1465f692537f51be829324.png

 

1876333420_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_02.20-19_34_21.31(2).thumb.png.aee51356bb8017ab7ce21c2c03fac299.png

 

I found it was great having a spontaneous pick-up to join our team... I think 😇

Or was this somebody from our channel? I seem to remember we had 2 fresh faces when we started...

 

1077520398_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_02.20-19_47_03_85.png.6c3dc780859e521f6b2acdfd38d673a2.png

 

I also never did a TF before with such an army of bots rampaging through the caves 😄

 

  • Like 4

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Hello TTT!

 

Thanks so much for sticking it through today's Robot Costume Themed Lady Grey TF. I'm so proud of all of us for working together (along with the Help channel) to figure out how to get some temporary holds to finish up that Hami mission. We still had a lot of fun, I think! Especially with all the MM's floating around...Those bots were cray cray!

 

Our next adventure awaits us on February 27th with the Mortimer Kal SF (20-40 Villain - The Fire and the Flames.) The theme is "Spicy Hot" which means one of your powersets must be Fire! Hopefully, we have a nice mix of AT's with this one 😄 

 

@TrixieKixx- Thandi Phoenix - Fire / Kin Troller

@TrixieKixx This will be some hot crazyness with all those fire FXs stacked on each other! We will leave a trail of scorched earth behind us GOING FORWARD! 🥳

 

That being said, what I am thinking about doing here is signing up with Magmatron, a Water / Thermal Corruptor. Now hear me out, you ask yourself why would I bring Water Blast to a fire theme?

This is (as the name may imply) a character I created with something like a living volcano in my mind. And on my way of speccing it out I found that a mix of red and orange on those water powers looks absolutely fabulously magma-like, much better than anything you could find anywhere within the fire-sets. 

 

And as I just noticed, he got thermal manipulation, which qualifies him for the theme anyway 😆

 

Anyway, my new favorite toy right now, and looking forward to running it in together with you guys!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Midnyte- No worries! And you didn't come across as a whiny crybaby 😄 

@Bananiac- Lug-Nut is not part of our normal group. Since we had 6 of us sign up and attend the TF, I put out a call for any robot themed toons that wanted to join us. He was the only one who responded. Were you part of the all MM Theme that we did last year? That was freaking awesome!

@Jaxman100- Ugh! 18 hour days are no fun at all! I hope you were able to get some rest. Do you want me to save you a spot just in case you can make it?

 

BTW, I'm glad I looked at the Mortimer Kal SF requirements before next Saturday! I found out that you have to have a Tip Mission called Wizard's Weakness drop to get him as a Contact for the Strike Force. I switched my alignment over to Villain and did two hours of missions before the Tip dropped. I did the tip missions for it and now have him ready as a contact 😄 Whew!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TrixieKixx Even if I am not working I might sleep all day Saturday.  Most issues have been more IT related things, just starting and stopping and back and forth.  We got an hour for lunch today!  And then the check in meeting got pushed.  So I have 30 minutes if no one calls me to check on real life things. 

On the other side 20 minutes before trying to go to bed, my boss asked me if I'd think about jumping ship with him to another local company.... So we might be in a weird stand off/offs with are we all leaving, is one of us leaving, would anyone else leave if we didn't......   Not what I was looking for at this point.  I guess it's nice to be considered.  😃 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 4:57 PM, TrixieKixx said:

 Midnyte Fire - Fire / Willpower Sentinel

*Fyre 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I created with something like a living volcano in my mind. And on my way of speccing it out I found that a mix of red and orange on those water powers looks absolutely fabulously magma-like, much better than anything you could find anywhere within the fire-sets. 

That sounds so cool, @Bananiac, can't wait to see! I did something like that only with the water blast set and a vampire theme. Made the water blood red. 🙂 We can do a lot these days with the customizable colors. No need to have bright yellow radiation anymore! 😄 I look forward to seeing you spew lava!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

I found out that you have to have a Tip Mission called Wizard's Weakness drop to get him as a Contact for the Strike Force. I switched my alignment over to Villain and did two hours of missions before the Tip dropped. I did the tip missions for it and now have him ready as a contact 😄 Whew!!!

Oh wow, well I hope you had fun for those 2 hours at least. ALL my characters have that wizard's weakness tip, LOL, I never run it so it just sits there. Remember to ask me for red-side stuff, I was mainly a CoV player back in the day so that is my "comfort zone" of familiarity. 😄 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, Jaxman100 said:

@TrixieKixx Even if I am not working I might sleep all day Saturday.  Most issues have been more IT related things, just starting and stopping and back and forth.  We got an hour for lunch today!  And then the check in meeting got pushed.  So I have 30 minutes if no one calls me to check on real life things. 

On the other side 20 minutes before trying to go to bed, my boss asked me if I'd think about jumping ship with him to another local company.... So we might be in a weird stand off/offs with are we all leaving, is one of us leaving, would anyone else leave if we didn't......   Not what I was looking for at this point.  I guess it's nice to be considered.  😃 

Ok...we've got room if you change your mind 😄 Good luck with whatever decision you make!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Oh wow, well I hope you had fun for those 2 hours at least. ALL my characters have that wizard's weakness tip, LOL, I never run it so it just sits there. Remember to ask me for red-side stuff, I was mainly a CoV player back in the day so that is my "comfort zone" of familiarity. 😄 

 

I actually did have fun! And I was able to play my Fire / Kin, who I haven't played in FOREVER so I was able to get a feel for her again. Especially since she's mostly be PL'd up. I will remember you for red side mishes in the future...I honestly didn't even think about who in the team might have that one and it's because I'm not as familiar with red side. Although, with all the SF's we've been doing, I'm getting a bit more familiar!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 4:57 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Hello TTT!

 

Thanks so much for sticking it through today's Robot Costume Themed Lady Grey TF. I'm so proud of all of us for working together (along with the Help channel) to figure out how to get some temporary holds to finish up that Hami mission. We still had a lot of fun, I think! Especially with all the MM's floating around...Those bots were cray cray!

 

Our next adventure awaits us on February 27th with the Mortimer Kal SF (20-40 Villain - The Fire and the Flames.) The theme is "Spicy Hot" which means one of your powersets must be Fire! Hopefully, we have a nice mix of AT's with this one 😄 

 

@TrixieKixx- Thandi Phoenix - Fire / Kin Troller

@TygerDarkstorm- Fire's Embrace - Fiery Aura / Savage Melee Tanker

@FrauleinMental- Sister Lyra - Fire / Willpower Sentinel

@Midnyte- Midnyte Fyre - Fire / Willpower Sentinel

@Bananiac- Magmatron - Water / Thermal Corruptor (has a fire power)

@socom242- Ghost Pepper - Fire / Fire Dom

Hey, sorry but "Ghost Pepper" aint me 🙂

 

But I will bring back Cienfuegos, my Fire/Fire Tanker.

 

Cya there 😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, socom242 said:

Hey, sorry but "Ghost Pepper" aint me 🙂

 

But I will bring back Cienfuegos, my Fire/Fire Tanker.

 

Cya there 😄

LOL...That's actually Rich!!! OMG!!! Too funny 😄 Well...glad I tagged you! I'll put you down 😄

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the Saturday fun with you all! I was really happy to see spring event still turned on this week. I've been having fun getting the set of 6 badges on more characters. My eight 50s have the whole set now, and I've been working my way down the list of anyone over 30, since that's the minimum level for the Widow Maker arc. For any badgers in the group, remember that this is also a good chance to work on alignment badges, since you have to switch back and forth to solo the Beautiful/Handsome arc. I put a date on my spreadsheet when I switch so that I know when the 7 days are up to switch again. Just some pro tips for you all, and I welcome any tips that you might have too! 🙂 nite nite... tomorrow is my obligatory one day at the office so I can't just roll out of bed and turn my computer on, LOL< I actually have to get dressed in real clothes and drive out into the world! 😄 (P.S. sorry to stray so far off topic!)

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Looking forward to the Saturday fun with you all! I was really happy to see spring event still turned on this week. I've been having fun getting the set of 6 badges on more characters. My eight 50s have the whole set now, and I've been working my way down the list of anyone over 30, since that's the minimum level for the Widow Maker arc. For any badgers in the group, remember that this is also a good chance to work on alignment badges, since you have to switch back and forth to solo the Beautiful/Handsome arc. I put a date on my spreadsheet when I switch so that I know when the 7 days are up to switch again. Just some pro tips for you all, and I welcome any tips that you might have too! 🙂 nite nite... tomorrow is my obligatory one day at the office so I can't just roll out of bed and turn my computer on, LOL< I actually have to get dressed in real clothes and drive out into the world! 😄 (P.S. sorry to stray so far off topic!)

Thx for the heads up, Nyte! I admire your very systematic approach to this, and the helpful advice! I am still at a stage where many of these things actually are new to me 👍

Have fun at the office, for me it is exactly the other way raund today.

 

Hopefully I will be able to log off early today and get a few missions in by the evening. Had a new group starting with All-Fire/Rad-Controllers yesterday, which was ridiculously effective... Stop Motion Central! And somewhere around lvl 7 to 9 we also started to generate something resembling what you could call recognizeable damage lol...

 

I am also looking forward to saturdays burning down the house event! 🔥🔥🔥

  • Like 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how many themers have signed up for tomorrow's TF?  (is it really Friday already...)

 

Depending on sleep schedule, might not be working ALL day tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is still a free spot, I'll take it on something.............

 

I should be online before the start time, if not, do not wait for me.  😃

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jaxman100 said:

If there is still a free spot, I'll take it on something.............

 

I should be online before the start time, if not, do not wait for me.  😃

Hey Jax! Yes! There is a free spot. I'll add you to the list as a TBD, unless you know who you'll bring? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...