Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

On 4/11/2021 at 2:28 AM, EmmySky said:

Life just went overboard on crazy and I may not make many theme teams in the next couple months.  Hopefully, by June, things will slow down a bit for me and I can definitely return!  You may see me hit and miss until then, but I just don't make any guarantees!

Ya'll have fun!

Yo @EmmySky, had to think this would be for you maybe?

Take Care 😉

• Haha 3

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

13 hours ago, Midnyte said:

OH GREAT HAHAHA and it figures I'm on a melee this time, thanks for the heads up. May I offer you a few Sudden Accelerations? 😄 I can't wait to see your costume. I saw Mister Marzipan online and send him message the other day. Yours is even more delicious than mine!

Yes, I saw it too late, would have caught up with you.

I did go on a Posi1 with Mr M after that, in a team full of Masterminds with FF and stuff.

I think we were wiped 3 times before the 1st simulacrum was killed (Which, btw, was mine, the 1st time that I actively blasted myself out of the water in this. And a testament to the squishiness of that toon! 😆)

It has been a while that a Posi TF Boss Fight turned southwards so hard... 

• Haha 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

9 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Yes, I saw it too late, would have caught up with you.

I was on a character I was trying out that I named Bubblegum Lollipop, when I was going for more of a sassy vibe. I spent hours trying different ATs and different looks, and finally I came up with something I really liked!

But then I kept seeing Trixie's description of "your favorite candy" and I realized I don't like either bubblegum or lollipops.... LOL, so then I thought what do I love..... coconut! and chocolate!  And then it hit me that back on live I had a novelty character named Coconut Patty and I looked up my old screenshots and thought the old costume was pretty nice and somehow it wasn't saved in my old costume files, so I recreated it. And voila, Coconut Patty was reborn! I picked my BS/inv brute who didn't really have a persona yet, and tried to make her as coconutty as possible!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

I was on a character I was trying out that I named Bubblegum Lollipop, when I was going for more of a sassy vibe. I spent hours trying different ATs and different looks, and finally I came up with something I really liked!

But then I kept seeing Trixie's description of "your favorite candy" and I realized I don't like either bubblegum or lollipops.... LOL, so then I thought what do I love..... coconut! and chocolate!  And then it hit me that back on live I had a novelty character named Coconut Patty and I looked up my old screenshots and thought the old costume was pretty nice and somehow it wasn't saved in my old costume files, so I recreated it. And voila, Coconut Patty was reborn! I picked my BS/inv brute who didn't really have a persona yet, and tried to make her as coconutty as possible!

I was thinking Mounds because... you know.... the candy of course... (and the double entendre 🤣)

• Haha 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

30 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

Bubblegum Lollipop

I love that name too! But, yes...your favorite candy 😄 I actually have a few candy toons...Cotton Candy, Candy Canes, and I can't remember who else right this second. But now I have Hard Candy...I love all hard candy...Jolly Ranchers, Life Savers, Butterscotch discs, Cinnamon discs, Starlight mints, and Werther's...but my favorite hard candy is reflected with my costume. You'll have to guess when you see her, although I think it's easy to figure out! Unfortunately, my favorite is the only one I can't find sugar-free.

• Like 1

I have a hard time picking a favorite anything (my "favorites" change constantly; thanks ADHD), but I do like Kit Kat bars and a character concept came to mind immediately for that one. 😄 Then I realized @FrauleinMental had already picked Kit Kat, so I hope she doesn't mind being twins, lol

• Like 2

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

4 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I have a hard time picking a favorite anything (my "favorites" change constantly; thanks ADHD), but I do like Kit Kat bars and a character concept came to mind immediately for that one. 😄 Then I realized @FrauleinMental had already picked Kit Kat, so I hope she doesn't mind being twins, lol

It says „favorite candy“! Nobody will complain, if you both have the same taste! 
I am very curious to see how these turn out. Would be funny if you actually created twins, because Kit Kat comes... you know... in 2 bars 🙂

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I was thinking Mounds because... you know.... the candy of course... (and the double entendre 🤣)

Yes me too, and when I first read the event as favorite candy the first thing that popped to mind was Almond Joy. But then I had to think about what that would look like and how silly it sounded as a girl's name. LOL. Mounds as a double entendre is just a given! 😄 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

I love that name too! But, yes...your favorite candy 😄 I actually have a few candy toons...Cotton Candy, Candy Canes, and I can't remember who else right this second. But now I have Hard Candy...I love all hard candy...Jolly Ranchers, Life Savers, Butterscotch discs, Cinnamon discs, Starlight mints, and Werther's...but my favorite hard candy is reflected with my costume. You'll have to guess when you see her, although I think it's easy to figure out! Unfortunately, my favorite is the only one I can't find sugar-free.

That is so interesting that you love all those hard candies! I could care less about hard candy or those fruit flavors, and prefer a gooey chocolate crunchy with nuts. Funny you should mention Starlight Mints, I was having so much fun that day creating candy stripe costumes and I actually got the name Starlight Mint! But I don't like to use trademarked names so I deleted it. 😮  

So Bubblegum Lollipop lives on, as a staff/WP scrapper, whose destiny is still undecided.....

image.png.69c560d76f94dc716d6de8a4ee8f69df.png

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I love Kit Kats too! I love chocolate paired with anything crunchy, be it nuts or cookies or coconut or rice bits (like in a Nestle Crunch).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

Yes me too, and when I first read the event as favorite candy the first thing that popped to mind was Almond Joy. But then I had to think about what that would look like and how silly it sounded as a girl's name. LOL. Mounds as a double entendre is just a given! 😄 

The first thing that hit me was from the movie Hudson Hawk.  One of the villain groups is the Candy Bars, with Kit Kat, Almond Joy, Snickers, and Butterfinger.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

The first thing that hit me was from the movie Hudson Hawk.  One of the villain groups is the Candy Bars, with Kit Kat, Almond Joy, Snickers, and Butterfinger.

Well, I'm glad we picked Candy and not Diseases as OUR theme! 🙂

Almond Joy: Candy bars. Well, it's better than when we first started out. Our code names were diseases. You know what it's like being called Chlamydia for a year?!?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Bananiac said:

Well, I'm glad we picked Candy and not Diseases as OUR theme! 🙂

Almond Joy: Candy bars. Well, it's better than when we first started out. Our code names were diseases. You know what it's like being called Chlamydia for a year?!?

Here you go @TrixieKixx! Another theme idea! 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Midnyte said:

prefer a gooey chocolate crunchy with nuts.

I mean... you're just like giving these to me lol

• Haha 3

I just got one with the New Candy Bars.

image.thumb.png.82425861cee3e3cabdc3348d65e27df7.png

I forgot to get pics of the Clockwork Lord, who was a total chump.  I'd forgotten he was an EB, not an AV.  Imagine my shock when Build Up + Assassin Strike dropped him by like 60%.

When we logged, I forgot to reset my /screenshotui setting. 🙂  So this is the TF completion screen from my POV.

screenshot_210417-14-15-18.thumb.jpg.47fe8f8e7a23b832f1ed99325e1d709f.jpg

And a couple shots outside to try to get pics of everyone:

screenshot_210417-14-15-51.thumb.jpg.fd8b88e3ae6f00a81cd0fb90f7ee4222.jpg

screenshot_210417-14-15-55.thumb.jpg.ee65a95348d78fc2a750e4fffe40c5e1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Midnyte I love that you added the pics of our candies with our characters! 😄

@TrixieKixx Your costume for your candy was perfect now that I see the pic next to you. 😄

Of course, as always, I feel that everyone looked fantastic! 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Midnyte said:

"Favorite Candy" Costume theme - Synapse - Saturday 4/17/12

Love those pics @MidnyteThank so much for posting what the actual candies look like too! It was cool seeing them next to each other. 

Thank you @TygerDarkstormI wasn't sure how many people knew what I was talking about. I've loved those candies since I was a kid 😄 

• Like 2

April 3rd - Posi 1 (level 8-15) & 2 (level 11-16) (Blue Side – Steel Canyon) - Let's celebrate Easter with Easter Color Bunny costumes! Costume only 😄 Your choice of AT! 

April 10th - Apex TF (Level 50 + Alpha Slot – Heroes & Villains – Rikti War Zone)...FYI...you need Alpha Slotted or you will be playing at –4 Def, which is basically level 46. All enemies will be at level 54. - Only one AT of each type...first come, first served...plus Sexy costumes...let's make them sweat! 

April 17th - Synapse (Level 15-20 – Blue Side – Skyway City) - Candy: Your favorite candy should be reflected by your Name & Costume 

April 24th - Operative Renault ( Level 25-30 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - All Stalker Team: Costume color will be your favorite gem or jewel! For example: White (Diamond), Green (Emerald), Red (Ruby), etc. 

@TrixieKixx- Emerald Dreamz - Psionic Melee/Ice Armor Stalker

@FrauleinMental- Ruby Kit Kat - Rad/Rad Stalker

@TygerDarkstorm- Cyber Sprite - Elec/Shield Stalker (Sapphire)

@Jaxman100- Jax Prime - Ice/SD Stalker (Obsidian)

@Midnyte- Garnet Frost - Ice/Ice Stalker

@socom242- Amethyst Asesina - Psionic Melee/Shield Defense Stalker

@Bananiac- Amber Elfling - Staff/Reflexes Stalker

Just a reminder...here's what's coming up for May! I may need a volunteer to lead the May 15th SF...I'll let you know closer.

May 1st - Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) -  Since we'll be fighting Mother Mayhem, let's dress as her children to show Mother some love!  

May 8th - Mairenn MacGregor (Level 38-50 – Blue Side – Atlas Park) - Hologram Skittles...we're all dressing as Holograms to brighten up the abandoned sewers...whatever color you like, but make it bright! Only one AT of each type. 

May 15th - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 – Red Side – Cap au Diable) - Black & White movies...dress as a 50's movie star...black, white and gray costume colors only. 

May 22nd - Silver Mantis (Level 15-20 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - All Plants/Flowers – One of your powers must be plant or nature related...make sure your costume reflects it!  

May 29th - Manticore (Level 30-35 – Blue Side – Brickstown) - Let's spice things up with an all Blaster team! Costume and name to reflect your favorite spice.

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1

@TrixieKixx I'll be there on Cyber Sprite - Elec/Shield Stalker - I'll be Blue for Sapphire

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
Added color/gem
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

April 24th - Operative Renault ( Level 25-30 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - All Stalker Team: Costume color will be your favorite gem or jewel! For example: White (Diamond), Green (Emerald), Red (Ruby), etc. 

My submission for the GEM TEAM..... ice/ice stalker will be reporting for duty as my January birthstone, Garnet Frost.  🤩

• Like 2

Man I really miss hanging with you all!!!

I'm gonna try and make it this coming Saturday. Fair warning, I may have to leave within an hour so I dunno if it'll be worth it.

But I'm gonna try

Please add "Sumiregusa", which is Japanese for "Violet", I realize it's not a Gem/Jewel. I'll have to hunt around for a name and maybe rename and make a placeholder.

She's a Psionic Melee/Shield Defense Stalker

Hope to see you there 😄

Edited by socom242
misspelling