Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

May 1st - Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) -  Since we'll be fighting Mother Mayhem, let's dress as her children to show Mother some love! (Come dressed as a child...costume only if I didn't make that clear before!) 

May 8th - Mairenn MacGregor (Level 38-50 – Blue Side – Atlas Park) - Hologram Skittles...we're all dressing as Holograms to brighten up the abandoned sewers...whatever color you like, but make it bright! Only one AT of each type. 

May 15th - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 – Red Side – Cap au Diable) - Black & White movies...dress as a 50's movie star...black, white and gray costume colors only. 

May 22nd - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - All Plants/Flowers – One of your powers must be plant or nature related...make sure your costume reflects it!  

May 29th - Manticore (Level 30-35 – Blue Side – Brickstown) - Let's spice things up with an all Blaster team! Costume and name to reflect your favorite spice.

@TrixieKixx - Pumpkin Pie Spice - Dual Pistols/Fire Manipulation Blaster (This one actually has a back story!)

@Midnyte - Ginger Sunbeam - Energy/Temporal Blaster

@Bananiac - Cinnamon Sting - Archery/Plant Manipulation Blaster

@Jaxman100 - Tano Jax Ice/Fire Blaster (affinity for white pepper!)

And here's what's coming up for June!

June 5th - The Kheldian War (Moonfire – Blue Side (Striga Isle) – Level 23-28) – All Kheldian Team – bring your Peacebringer or Warshade to participate in the Kheldian War! 

June 12th - The Crystal of Seraphina (Ice Mistral – Red Side (Founders Falls) – Level 35-40) - Turn the A/C down and let's get chilly in here! One of your powers must be cold, snow, or ice-related! Costumes to reflect your chilly powers. 

June 19th - Thus Spoke the Reichsman (Barracuda – Red Side (Grandville) – Level 45-50) - Let's dress up as the frail elderly to trick the enemies into thinking we're weak, then kick their behinds!  

June 26th - Terra Volta Respec #1 (Jane Hallaway – Blue Side (Terra Volta) – Level 24-33 AND Tree of Thorns Respec #1 (Sparcetriel – Red Side (Nerva Archipelago) – Level 24-33) – Double Trouble...All Def/Corr team! No duplicate powersets. Sign up with two different heroes/villains! (I'll make a separate post for this one to sign up EARLY!!!) 

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

May 29th - Manticore (Level 30-35 – Blue Side – Brickstown) - Let's spice things up with an all Blaster team! Costume and name to reflect your favorite spice.

Ooooooo love this spicy theme! So many spices to love ♥

I haven't made anything for it yet but sign me up. I'm in the character creator now looking at blaster sets. WHHHEEEEEEEE here we go! 😄😄 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Have fun on vacation! I'll be on vacation too; however we're leaving on Sunday and coming back on Friday morning to try to beat Memorial Day traffic. So, I will be on vacation but at home on both Saturdays 😄 

And I'll be out of town on 6/5 but will have my laptop with me in the hotel room so I plan to sign up for the Kheldian theme. I'll test the wifi connection Friday night when I get there, so will know in plenty of time if it'll be feasible to play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

I will hopefully be bringing Peppah Corn - Assault Rifle/Time Blaster. And just in case, her spice is peppercorns. I was going to name her Black Peppah, but put some colored details on her that made her look like those multi-color peppercorns. 

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I will hopefully be bringing Peppah Corn - Assault Rifle/Time Blaster. And just in case, her spice is peppercorns. I was going to name her Black Peppah, but put some colored details on her that made her look like those multi-color peppercorns. 

I love those peppercorn blends and have them in my pepper grinder at all times. Sounds great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, those shots from you gyus @FrauleinMental & @Midnyte turned out great! Especially the close-ups of everybody, really takes some appreciation of those costumes and effects!

This was again a very fun theme, @TrixieKixx I think those Powerset-centered teams always feel very unusal and exciting!

The documentation from yesterday looks rather complete, I don't have anything of relevance to add, I think! 

So, just a few more personal observations from what I would now like to coin the "Vegan Fury" Theme Team:

• This being an all-plants themed team, I remember a lot of discussion about meat! 😁
  • You can Seed of Confusion turrets and Entangle gun pods! Eat this, machines!
  • What I would give for a better 3D representation of the maps! I struggle with orientation often enough, even without those multi-layered office- and base-layouts. Rightfully being laughed at for this by you guys! 😆
  • I should have stepped back and just watch the people go to work every once in a while. I just really like the visuals and FX of the Plant/Nature powers, and the costumes and concepts that you created. This gets lost in the heat of action way too much to appreciate it!

Looking forward to next weeks All-Blasters Run, which is one of my favorite Archetypes (apparently, just going by the numbers of toons I built...)!

I'm sure it will be... wait for it... A Blast!

...bet nobody saw that pun coming! 😎

Ah, wait. I got one for this weeks Bonus Pic:

1488455217_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_05.22-18_25_03_75.png.f1fef073f02d0fb3862c0dc2888002bb.png

A Study In Mystic Fortune, by Bananiac (Model:  Fräulein Mental)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Also, great follow-up with half the team and a couple of PUGs afterwards on Mortimer Kal! 

I'm at lvl42 now with Bananiac, and having those flames ready for the Time of Incarnation will be a great asset!

This is also a fast and fun SF, it's a shame it doesn't happen more often!

• Like 3

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

That was an awesome shot @Bananiac of @FrauleinMental! Everyone's pics came out so well and I love the commentary on them too 😄 We always seem to catch some danglers! I wish I could be on playing today but I procrastinated too much with work stuff this last week and am working today to make up for it. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's spices and costumes next week!

9 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

That was an awesome shot @Bananiac of @FrauleinMental! Everyone's pics came out so well and I love the commentary on them too 😄 We always seem to catch some danglers! I wish I could be on playing today but I procrastinated too much with work stuff this last week and am working today to make up for it. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's spices and costumes next week!

I too could not play today! Got a lot of real life stuff done, and then worked 5 hours of OT in the evening. It's 1 am now... hmmm... maybe I'll be naughty and stay up late and log in for a bit. 🤪   Tomorrow morning:  roll out of bed at 8:55, turn on computer and clock in before 9! #WFHlife

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Also, great follow-up with half the team and a couple of PUGs afterwards on Mortimer Kal! 

I'm at lvl42 now with Bananiac, and having those flames ready for the Time of Incarnation will be a great asset!

Congrats on your levels yesterday, @Bananiac! And thank for awesome bonus pic and as usual great commentary. One point I would like to offer is, when referring to the individual people we "pick up", that the correct acronym would be "PUP" = pick up person, as opposed to PUG, since we are not picking up a whole group. What say you?

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 1:43 AM, TrixieKixx said:

@TrixieKixx - Pumpkin Pie Spice - Dual Pistols/Fire Manipulation Blaster (This one actually has a back story!)

@Midnyte - TBD

@TygerDarkstorm - Peppah Corn - Assault Rifle/Time Blaster

@Bananiac - TBD

@TrixieKixx I am going for arrows with this one, please sign me up with Cinnamon Arrow. His secondary is Nature, for the record.

Not sure if the name will stay, I am not quite 100% happy with it. But for now it will do, unless I can come up with something more ... pointed 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bananiac said:

unless I can come up with something more ... pointed 

Cinnamon Stick? Cinnaholic? Cinnamon Kissed? Pierce Cinnamon? Cinnamon Sting? Cinnamon Poked? Cinnalicious? Cinnamon Spores? 

LOL...just playing around with names...you could go off your Nature powers too...doesn't have to be arrows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Cinnamon Stick? Cinnaholic? Cinnamon Kissed? Pierce Cinnamon? Cinnamon Sting? Cinnamon Poked? Cinnalicious? Cinnamon Spores? 

LOL...just playing around with names...you could go off your Nature powers too...doesn't have to be arrows.

Great ideas! I think... Cinnamon Sting, that's a good one! Yeah! I will go with that! Plants is very stingy power on a blaster as well. Like it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bananiac said:

Great ideas! I think... Cinnamon Sting, that's a good one! Yeah! I will go with that! Plants is very stingy power on a blaster as well. Like it!

Sweet! I've changed it. Also, is your build Archery or Trick Arrows? Sorry if I got it wrong 😄 

15 hours ago, Bananiac said:

@TrixieKixx I am going for arrows with this one, please sign me up with Cinnamon Arrow. His secondary is Nature, for the record.

Not sure if the name will stay, I am not quite 100% happy with it. But for now it will do, unless I can come up with something more ... pointed 😉

One of my absolute favorite things about Homecoming is all the freedom with names now. Cinnamon Arrow is nice, and it got the job done for creation, but you used it as a placeholder until you found something you like better. Love it! @TrixieKixx, those are some great name ideas you came up with! Creating names is one of my favorite parts. 😄

On a side note, I tried to make Cinnamon Girl, a tribute to Neil Young, but of course it was not available. Had to try! 🥰

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 7:59 PM, Midnyte said:

Ooooooo love this spicy theme! So many spices to love ♥

I haven't made anything for it yet but sign me up. I'm in the character creator now looking at blaster sets. WHHHEEEEEEEE here we go! 😄😄 

Okay, I made a blaster. Energy/Temporal. Her spice is ginger and she is bright yellowish-orange. @TraumaTrain met her tonight. Ginger Sunbeam, reporting for duty!

@TrixieKixx, update your list with my newest creation, please. 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Sweet! I've changed it. Also, is your build Archery or Trick Arrows? Sorry if I got it wrong 😄 

It's Archery / Plant Manipulation, to be specific.

And I am very happy now with how the guy turned out for this Theme! Looking forward to see your creations for it!

• Like 1

@TrixieKixx Sorry, I wont' be able to make it tomorrow. I was unable to get my character leveled and it's been crazy for me at home since we hosted a family dinner tonight. Have fun and good luck y'all!

• Sad 3

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

13 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

@TrixieKixx Sorry, I wont' be able to make it tomorrow. I was unable to get my character leveled and it's been crazy for me at home since we hosted a family dinner tonight. Have fun and good luck y'all!

Sorry to have missed you this morning @TygerDarkstorm! The next time you need help leveling, hit one of us up! We're happy to do a PL!!! 

June 5th - The Kheldian War (Moonfire – Blue Side (Striga Isle) – Level 23-28) – All Kheldian Team – bring your Peacebringer or Warshade to participate in the Kheldian War! 

June 12th - The Crystal of Seraphina (Ice Mistral – Red Side (Founders Falls) – Level 35-40) - Turn the A/C down and let's get chilly in here! One of your powers must be cold, snow, or ice-related! Costumes to reflect your chilly powers. 

June 19th - Thus Spoke the Reichsman (Barracuda – Red Side (Grandville) – Level 45-50) - Let's dress up as the frail elderly to trick the enemies into thinking we're weak, then kick their behinds!  

June 26th - Terra Volta Respec #1 (Jane Hallaway – Blue Side (Terra Volta) – Level 24-33 AND Tree of Thorns Respec #1 (Sparcetriel – Red Side (Nerva Archipelago) – Level 24-33) – Double Trouble...All Def/Corr team! No duplicate powersets. Sign up with two different heroes/villains! (I'll make a separate post for this one to sign up EARLY!!!) 

@TrixieKixx - Sunshyne - Tri-Form PB

@TygerDarkstorm - Elfvira - Human Only Warshade

@Jaxman100 - Baron Jax - Mostly Dwarf Warshade

@MidnyteCrystal Moonbow - PB

@Bananiac - Barbarelia - PB

@FrauleinMental - Coronal Mass - Human Nova Warshade

@EmmySky - JaqMacPratt - Human Only PB

Start thinking about who you want to bring for the June 26th Respec Trials. You'll need two, count them two, Defender and/or Corruptor builds with no duplicate powersets! We'll start building the list ASAP. 

@TrixieKixx - Trace Memory - Emp/Psychic Blast Defender : Butterfly Dreamz - Emp/Sonic Defender 

@Jaxman100 - Kia Flint - Thermal/Dark Defender

@Midnyte - Poison Petals - Rad/Nature Corruptor : Water Faerie - Water/Pain Corruptor

@TygerDarkstorm - Androidica - Poison/DP Defender : Robovisor - Beam/FF Corr

@Bananiac - Amber Siren - Sonic/Sonic Defender Divine Wind - Fire / Storm Corruptor

@FrauleinMental - Coffee Ring - Water/Dark Corruptor Sabina Lucsly - Archery/Time Corruptor

@TraumaTrain - Atomic Unit - Radiation/Water Defender Dr. Snake Oil, Water/Poison Corruptor

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

@TrixieKixx - Sunshyne - Tri-Form PB

Start thinking about who you want to bring for the June 26th Respec Trials. You'll need two, count them two, Defender and/or Corruptor builds with no duplicate powersets! We'll start building the list ASAP. I have a lot of them so I'll let others choose first. I want to give you enough time to level up to at least level 24. 

I'll have Elfvira come pay a visit for this one. She's a human-only Warshade. 🙂

• Like 1

I'll Bring Baron Jax my mostly Dwarf War Shade. 

For the respec trials, are we thinking no duplicate sets at all or or just no duplicate sets within each trial?  So someone could play Trick Arrow in the first trial and someone else play it in the second?  

I do want to bring my Thermal/Dark Defender on at least 1 of the trials, after that I have 7/8 more so I'm sure I can fill in whatever. 

Also assuming we aren't worried about duplicates for the ranged damage sets only the buff/debuff sets. 

• Like 1