Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

1 hour ago, Jaxman100 said:

For the respec trials, are we thinking no duplicate sets at all or or just no duplicate sets within each trial?  So someone could play Trick Arrow in the first trial and someone else play it in the second?  

No duplicate sets in the same trial. Yes, trick arrow could be used in the first trial as well as the second. I'll sign you up for the Thermal/Dark Defender powerset now and you can give me a name and whether it's blue or red side later. 

3 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

June 5th - The Kheldian War (Moonfire – Blue Side (Striga Isle) – Level 23-28) – All Kheldian Team – bring your Peacebringer or Warshade to participate in the Kheldian War! .....

Start thinking about who you want to bring for the June 26th Respec Trials. You'll need two, count them two, Defender and/or Corruptor builds with no duplicate powersets! We'll start building the list ASAP. I have a lot of them so I'll let others choose first. I want to give you enough time to level up to at least level 24. 

My Kheldian is Crystal Moonbow, Peacebringer

My two for respec trials are:

Poison Petals, Rad/Nature Corruptor

Water Faerie, Water/Pain Corruptor

I also have a Psychic/Time Corruptor that I'd be willing to switch out for one of the above (I don't want to hog all the good powersets right at first!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

No duplicate sets in the same trial. Yes, trick arrow could be used in the first trial as well as the second. I'll sign you up for the Thermal/Dark Defender powerset now and you can give me a name and whether it's blue or red side later. 

Are we counting blast sets with this too? Or just the support set?

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

10 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

June 26th - Terra Volta Respec #1 (Jane Hallaway – Blue Side (Terra Volta) – Level 24-33 AND Tree of Thorns Respec #1 (Sparcetriel – Red Side (Nerva Archipelago) – Level 24-33) – Double Trouble...All Def/Corr team! No duplicate powersets. Sign up with two different heroes/villains! (I'll make a separate post for this one to sign up EARLY!!!) 

Okay, I have one character ready for this: Androidica - Poison/DP Defender. Going to make her counterpart when I get the chance

• Like 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

16 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Okay, I have one character ready for this: Androidica - Poison/DP Defender. Going to make her counterpart when I get the chance

"Counterpart"! Am I misunderstanding @TrixieKixx? Should I bring one defender and one corruptor? I signed up with two corruptors. LOL. I'll make a defender if I need to. 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Midnyte said:

"Counterpart"! Am I misunderstanding @TrixieKixx? Should I bring one defender and one corruptor? I signed up with two corruptors. LOL. I'll make a defender if I need to. 🙂 

No, she didn't say that you have to have a defender AND a corruptor. I am just choosing to do mine that way because a concept came to me for it.

Edit: Speaking of which, @TrixieKixx, my second character is Robovisor - Beam/FF Corr

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

No, she didn't say that you have to have a defender AND a corruptor. I am just choosing to do mine that way because a concept came to me for it.

I went back and read the requirements earlier and could see that maybe I misinterpreted.  But if you don't think so, then okay 🙂 We might not hear from Trixie until she gets back from her trip at the end of the week.

• Like 1

Hi Theme Team! It's May 31, and not only is it my son's 24th birthday 🙂 (Happy birthday @Kremox) but also if you're a badger, the last day to get Legendary anniversary badge on any new characters or old character who haven't logged on for the month of May. Also, it's the last day to buy any old anniversary badges from the juggling girl in Ouro (Luna) for 100 merits a pop. 😐 

• Like 1

My original suggestion for the theme was either Defender or Corruptor with no duplicate Buff/debuff sets.  Trixie went with the double TF idea.  I like the idea of not worrying about the blast sets being duplicated and only having the other set be unique for each TF.  Someone can play Trick Arrow in TF 1 and someone else can play it in TF 2. 

We might want a separate thread for that week's TFs so we can be organized. 

Besides Thermal, I have Alts with Storm, Emp, Poison, Cold, Traps, Kin, and Trick Arrow.  So I am good with just reserving a spot and playing whatever is available if others have less options for the archetypes.  Thought I had a Dark, but maybe deleted. 

• Like 1

Hi Fellow Themers,

before moving on to next weeks Khrazy Kheldians, let's have a quick recap of what I hereby deftly name the "Spice Up Your Life" Manticore Mayhem!

@Midnyte did a great job again finding motives for our Journal and displaying the different creations for this weeks theme! Thank you, as usual! I only have 1 thing to add, see below.

But before that, here my own, personal takeaways from this all blasters all the way sweepstakes:

- Main thing: I hope we get more people joining in-theme again! 4 just felt like a small group, and getting others on board was a little mixed bag this time...

- That being said, we still managed to get an 8 Head Blaster Allstar team assembled. Opposition was drowned in firepower!

- I was just glad I brought a couple of Holds and Stuns as well, for those pesky Paragon Protectors. You just can't let them take a breath at the last second...

- Which proofs one more point of the Blaster Mantra: Damage is the ultimate Crowd Control, and can only be replaced by Moar Damage! 😎🤠🔥

Bonus Pic - I just had to do this:

mgid_arc_content_mtv.jpg.511cf9037371586756b9e35aa5579c1d.jpg

Glad that nobody went that way with the spices....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

P.S.: For some reasons the forum gives me a new file limit of just 194,87 kB?!? 

Did I overdo it with my picture collection? Why is that, and does anybody else have this problem?

Edit: Found it! All the pictures I posted seem to be stored on my account, and I have used up my quota apparently. Now I need to find a way how to clean that out, without removing all the pics from the forum posts...

Edited by Bananiac

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

@TrixieKixx Looking ahead now to the All-Kheldians and the Double Respec, I have made plans...

I have created a Peacebringer for next saturday named Barbarelia*, but she is only lvl2 now. And I have just started reading up on these Kheldians and what to do about them, I may be going into this one very much ad lib 🙈

@Jaxman100 , I recall you making the offer to run a farm to get her going. Maybe we can find a time sometime this week that suits you to help with levelling. I have a few days off from wednesday, so it shouldn't be a problem for me to stay up late to make it into your timezone somehow.

Talking about Defenders and Corruptors for the 26th, I needed to dig a little until I found just the right line-up for this, deep within Bananiacs Assembly of Awesome Alts:

Amber Siren - Sonic / Sonic Defender

Divine Wind - Fire / Storm Corruptor

If I am not mistaken, these powersets are still up for grabs, right? I am desperately missing your overview, Trixie! 🙂 

* Original Art courtesy of Jane Fonda. I needed to get creative with the spelling cos "Barbarella"(TM) and many permutations of that name are blocked. 

• Like 2

For the Kheldian War, I hope to bring Coronal Mass (Human/Nova Warshade).  In case I don't get him leveled in time, my backup is Cosmique (Mostly-Human PB).  I have to work this Saturday, but for now I'm teleworking and I'll try to break free for "lunch" if things aren't crazy.

For Respec Week, I'll bring (in whatever order is needed):

-- Coffee Ring - Water/Dark Corruptor

-- Sabina Lucsly - Archery/Time Corruptor

As backup (if needed--I'll keep an eye on the list so I know whom to bring when):

-- Jolt Man - Elec/Elec Defender

-- Quantum Quantum - Rad/Rad Corruptor

-- Wake Monster - Water/Kin Corruptor

• Like 3

Throwing in my dudes!

For the blue side Terror Volta respec, I have Atomic Unit, Radiation/Water Defender

For the red side Thorn Tree respec, I have Dr. Snake Oil, Water/Poison Corruptor

Cross-posted on Jax's side thread.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Did I overdo it with my picture collection? Why is that, and does anybody else have this problem?

Edit: Found it! All the pictures I posted seem to be stored on my account, and I have used up my quota apparently. Now I need to find a way how to clean that out, without removing all the pics from the forum posts...

That's why I use an outside host to post photos. 😜 https://imgur.com/

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/29/2021 at 2:50 PM, TrixieKixx said:

June 5th - The Kheldian War (Moonfire – Blue Side (Striga Isle) – Level 23-28) – All Kheldian Team – bring your Peacebringer or Warshade to participate in the Kheldian War! 

June 12th - The Crystal of Seraphina (Ice Mistral – Red Side (Founders Falls) – Level 35-40) - Turn the A/C down and let's get chilly in here! One of your powers must be cold, snow, or ice-related! Costumes to reflect your chilly powers. 

June 19th - Thus Spoke the Reichsman (Barracuda – Red Side (Grandville) – Level 45-50) - Let's dress up as the frail elderly to trick the enemies into thinking we're weak, then kick their behinds!  

June 26th - Terra Volta Respec #1 (Jane Hallaway – Blue Side (Terra Volta) – Level 24-33 AND Tree of Thorns Respec #1 (Sparcetriel – Red Side (Nerva Archipelago) – Level 24-33) – Double Trouble...All Def/Corr team! No duplicate powersets. Sign up with two different heroes/villains! (I'll make a separate post for this one to sign up EARLY!!!) 

@TrixieKixx - Sunshyne - Tri-Form PB

@TygerDarkstorm - Elfvira - Human-Only Warshade

@Jaxman100 - Baron Jax - Mostly Dwarf Warshade

@midnyte - Crystal Moonbow - Peacebringer

Start thinking about who you want to bring for the June 26th Respec Trials. You'll need two, count them two, Defender and/or Corruptor builds with no duplicate powersets! We'll start building the list ASAP. 

@TrixieKixx - TBD - I'll let others choose first.

@Jaxman100 - Thermal / Dark Defender

@Midnyte - Poison Petals - Rad/Nature Corruptor : Water Faerie - Water/Pain Corruptor

If there is still room, I'll bring my human-only peacebringer JaqMacPratt.

Life has been crazy rough lately, but I really hope to be able to get back with ya'll weekly!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

Life has been crazy rough lately, but I really hope to be able to get back with ya'll weekly!

😄 Look forward to seeing you more Emmy!

• Like 2

Whew! I just got back from vacation and should've checked in while I was gone! Thanks for answering all the questions and helping each other out 😄 Now, I just need to get my PB up a few more levels and get her some SO's slotted. Reach out if you have any questions still pending!!! 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Definitely still room! We've got room for one more if we can talk someone into it 😄 Welcome back!

39 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

Just realized, there isn't a costume theme too for the khelds, right?  Just...bring a kheld?

It just says bring a kheld.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2021 at 2:45 PM, Bananiac said:

I post really low res images so haven't reached my limit yet.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 3:38 PM, Bananiac said:

* Original Art courtesy of Jane Fonda. I needed to get creative with the spelling cos "Barbarella"(TM) and many permutations of that name are blocked. 

I reallly liked your concept... what a fun 60s-sexy movie from my childhood... you nailed Jane Fonda's hair!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1