Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

Happy birthday Rich!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

June 5th - The Kheldian War (Moonfire – Blue Side (Striga Isle) – Level 23-28) – All Kheldian Team – bring your Peacebringer or Warshade to participate in the Kheldian War! 

June 12th - The Crystal of Seraphina (Ice Mistral – Red Side (St. Martial) – Level 35-40) - Turn the A/C down and let's get chilly in here! One of your powers must be cold, snow, or ice-related! Costumes to reflect your chilly powers. 

June 19th - Thus Spoke the Reichsman (Barracuda – Red Side (Grandville) – Level 45-50) - Let's dress up as the frail elderly to trick the enemies into thinking we're weak, then kick their behinds!  

June 26th - Terra Volta Respec #1 (Jane Hallaway – Blue Side (Terra Volta) – Level 24-33 AND Tree of Thorns Respec #1 (Sparcetriel – Red Side (Nerva Archipelago) – Level 24-33) – Double Trouble...All Def/Corr team! No duplicate powersets for each trial. Sign up with two different heroes and/or villains!

@TrixieKixx - Candy Canes - Ice Blast/Kin Corruptor

@FrauleinMental - Cryomania - Ice/Ice Blaster

@Jaxman100 - Lady Black Ice - Dark Blast/Ice - Sentinel

@TraumaTrain - Winter Scourge - Ice/Ice Blaster

@TygerDarkstorm - Radically Chill - Ice/Rad Controller

@Midnyte - Garnet Frost - Ice/Ice Stalker

@Bananiac - DROIDICA MK V - Ice/Claws Tank

@EmmySky - EmmySky - Fire/Ice Sentinel

Edited by TrixieKixx

All-Kheld lineup--4 PBs and 3 WSs!  I'm glad it worked so well--aside from the occasional Quantum dudes. 🙂

screenshot_210605-12-07-35a.thumb.jpg.e2ae8e9b43e17a63ba0daa2141bb9431.jpg

Our starting lineup!  I'm the short glowing guy in back:  the Last Line of Defense. 🙂

screenshot_210605-13-16-51a.thumb.jpg.75d82e07c08c7ac9ad26f3a19837df68.jpg

I'm not as good as I should be at taking screenies when stuff is going on.  I remembered about five seconds before TF completion.

image.png.a1d1da7870138286cfe61339431bf372.png

Mission Complete!

screenshot_210605-13-17-41a.thumb.jpg.7530c55754ddbc550a137718422ef11b.jpg

Time to call it a lunch and go back to work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Man soo many choices.  Ice seems to be my most used theme in powersets.  Now I am missing my Dark/Ice Blast Defender from Live.

Ice/Rad - Controller

Claws/Ice - Scrapper

Ice Melee/Shield - Stalker

Ice Blast/Fire - Blaster

Dark Blast/Ice - Sentinel

Storm/Ice Blast - Defender

Water Blast/Cold - Corruptor

Put me down as a maybe with the Sent, Lady Black Ice.  

• Thumbs Up 1

@TrixieKixx I will try to be there on Snow L. Pard, Ice/Savage Tanker

• Thumbs Up 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

7 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

June 12th - The Crystal of Seraphina (Ice Mistral – Red Side (Founders Falls) – Level 35-40) - Turn the A/C down and let's get chilly in here! One of your powers must be cold, snow, or ice-related! Costumes to reflect your chilly powers. 

I will join for Ice Mistral with Garnet Frost, ice/ice stalker.

• Thumbs Up 1

@TrixieKixx I am looking at my collection and currently my favorite for Ice Mistral seems to be DROIDICA MK V, an Ice/Claws Tank. Mostly because I fell in love with her version of the Droidica costume 🙂

I will need to accelerate her progression though, to get her to 35 in time... Off to Work!

Realizing only now that for the boatload of somethingh/ICE/something toons that I have, I never pushed any of them beyond the 20ies!

This was a difficult decision. So many choices, and all would be good 😇

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

I stilll owe my usual recap of saturdays what I want to call the "Khool Kheldians go to War" Theme Team event.

This will be a very quick one, as things are getting busier here and I still haven't come to sort out how to add more pics. So I haven't taken any of significance and now I don't recall a lot of the banter that was going on.

This was a really fun hour of floating and carrapacing around, and it seemed like we were deadly efficient as a team again. Also, it was great to see the diversity again of everybody giving their shot at these Kheldians! Amazing work, guys!

And now, without much further ado,  my single and most important takeaway:

THERE IS A BADGE FOR SMASHING DOORS!

🥳

Bonus Pic (still got room for this one):

714748231_CharlesViggers_Squid(1).jpg.e336894c8b877b4a49ab6524ce263c49.jpg

We need more colours on the Nova Form!!!!

P.S.: And although it would have been cheap and easy, I am not commenting in any way on @TygerDarkstorm seeming to spend a lot of time spread out on the floor! But I loved Elfvira as a concept! 😘

P.P.S.: Shoutout to @Jaxman100 for pushing my toon beyonfd the required level range for this. I wouldn't have made it without your help, man! And it was sooo worth it!🎖️

P.P.P.S.: Ok, looking at it now, this post has rather not stayed as short or quick as I originally expected...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

1 hour ago, Bananiac said:

I stilll owe my usual recap of saturdays what I want to call the "Khool Kheldians go to War" Theme Team event.

This will be a very quick one, as things are getting busier here and I still haven't come to sort out how to add more pics. So I haven't taken any of significance and now I don't recall a lot of the banter that was going on.

This was a really fun hour of floating and carrapacing around, and it seemed like we were deadly efficient as a team again. Also, it was great to see the diversity again of everybody giving their shot at these Kheldians! Amazing work, guys!

And now, without much further ado,  my single and most important takeaway:

THERE IS A BADGE FOR SMASHING DOORS!

🥳

Bonus Pic (still got room for this one):

714748231_CharlesViggers_Squid(1).jpg.e336894c8b877b4a49ab6524ce263c49.jpg

We need more colours on the Nova Form!!!!

P.S.: And although it would have been cheap and easy, I am not commenting in any way on @TygerDarkstorm seeming to spend a lot of time spread out on the floor! But I loved Elfvira as a concept! 😘

P.P.S.: Shoutout to @Jaxman100 for pushing my toon beyonfd the required level range for this. I wouldn't have made it without your help, man! And it was sooo worth it!🎖️

P.P.P.S.: Ok, looking at it now, this post has rather not stayed as short or quick as I originally expected...

LOL! I did eat floor a lot. I kept thinking that because I was decently slotted (or so I thought xD) that I could slipspace and share that aggro and tank shit. I clearly need to WS better, lol.

And thank you as well! Elfvira visited Indom from my home shard of Everlasting. She seems to get a pretty good reception when I bring her out, especially around costume contests (though she hasn't officially won any yet, just got a judges favorite prize once).

• Like 2

@TrixieKixx I ended up changing my mind and look to be bringing Radically Chill - Ice/Rad Controller

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

@TrixieKixx I ended up changing my mind and look to be bringing Radically Chill - Ice/Rad Controller

Wait someone else in this game runs an Ice/Rad Controller?  My first Ice/Rad was made all the way back in I2 and my 'main' teaming alt for years.

And I just ran mine a couple of weeks ago on a theme team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jaxman100 said:

Wait someone else in this game runs an Ice/Rad Controller?  My first Ice/Rad was made all the way back in I2 and my 'main' teaming alt for years.

And I just ran mine a couple of weeks ago on a theme team.

Oh really? lol I was looking through the roster and noticed it was mostly blasters so I rolled the tanker. 
Then Ban signed up with a tank so I was like cool, now I'm gonna roll up an ice troller because I've been wanting to try one and we didn't really have support yet. So then I knew ice's damage was pretty low, and it likes being in melee, and I didn't want to do yet another storm, so I thought rad might be a good combo to pair with it due to rad's debuffs. And I don't play a lot of /rad. And with both powersets rocking blue colors it's rather pretty together. Enjoying the character quite a bit so far.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I haven't revised my build to try and find a 'proc' one that does at least good single target damage.  But I currently have 45% S/L def and 38% ranged def.  Artic Air with the Contagious Confusion proc and Lockdown chance to hold proc.  Plus the KD of ice Slick. You can neutralize spawns, before the Ra debuffs. 

Sometimes you drain end just standing around completely safe watching teammates do all the killin.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi everybody,

I took the liberty to add our little weekly get-together to the Homecoming calendar:

The Theme Team - Indomitable Player-Led Event - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

I hope this is ok for everybody. Please check it out and let me know if there is anything to add, or if you feel that we shouldn't be doing this.

Cheers

The Ban

Edit: Check pls if I got the time / timezone right? 

Edited by Bananiac
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Hi everybody,

I took the liberty to add our little weekly get-together to the Homecoming calendar:

The Theme Team - Indomitable Player-Led Event - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

I hope this is ok for everybody. Please check it out and let me know if there is anything to add, or if you feel that we shouldn't be doing this.

Cheers

The Ban

Edit: Check pls if I got the time / timezone right? 

That's totally fine! It is not the right time though. It shows as 10 am for me and it's at 9 am for me. I'm in PDT (California). It should be 12 pm EST and that should fix it for everyone. Let me know when you do it and I'll check it again...or can anyone update it?

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

That's totally fine! It is not the right time though. It shows as 10 am for me and it's at 9 am for me. I'm in PDT (California). It should be 12 pm EST and that should fix it for everyone. Let me know when you do it and I'll check it again...or can anyone update it?

Looks like Ban has to be the one to edit it; I didn't see a way to do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/8/2021 at 9:29 PM, Jaxman100 said:

I haven't revised my build to try and find a 'proc' one that does at least good single target damage.  But I currently have 45% S/L def and 38% ranged def.  Artic Air with the Contagious Confusion proc and Lockdown chance to hold proc.  Plus the KD of ice Slick. You can neutralize spawns, before the Ra debuffs. 

Sometimes you drain end just standing around completely safe watching teammates do all the killin.

Yeah, it's a fun character. I invested in a couple of attuned IO's to help with the end issues. So far, I can run both AA and Choking Cloud without hurting my bar too badly.

I've developed a bit of a different style for her. I kind of watch to see what's happening and see where and when to apply my abilities that aren't my two pbaoe toggles. I wasn't expecting to enjoy an ice/rad troller so much! lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

So, I have been playing around trying to set the timezone and starting time to anything remotely resembling to when we play. I have no idea how to make this work, it just looks like totally wrong to me... it now shows me 7pm, but I have no idea which timezone that should be, as my time should be 6pm CET here...

...based on setting it to 12pm Eastern, that is

Edited by Bananiac

10 minutes ago, Bananiac said:

So, I have been playing around trying to set the timezone and starting time to anything remotely resembling to when we play. I have no idea how to make this work, it just looks like totally wrong to me... it now shows me 7pm, but I have no idea which timezone that should be, as my time should be 6pm CET here...

...based on setting it to 12pm Eastern, that is

Just make it one hour earlier than what you had. I think that should correct it. I just looked at it and it allows you to choose the time zone you schedule. If you do 12:00 pm America/Eastern Standard Time, it will set properly.

Edited by TrixieKixx