Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

On 6/13/2021 at 8:59 AM, FrauleinMental said:

I'll bring my main, Fraulein Mental, Mind/Kin CTRL...or at least a far-future echo whose power is eroding the shell of her body.

I felt the same way, and even wrote it into a temporary bio 😄

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, FrauleinMental said:

I've done this one once, but it's been a while.  (I have the completion badge but not the Master-of badge, which requires the "No defeats" and "No temp powers" challenges.)

I have only done it once in the Now Time, and like Trixie, couldn't really follow all that was happening. I looked it up to see the rewards. The completion of the SF itself gives Arbiter accomplishment badge:

File:Badge 5thColumnVillainBadge.png

Achieving the two challenges you mentioned, gives Master of the 5th Column Strike Force achievement badge:

File:Badge MasterofReichsmanSF.png

Here are the AT-specific powers we get during the SF:
image.thumb.png.64eb3ba9271acec6a40ee07fefb27062.png

One more thing worth noting. I think that this SF is the villain version of Khan, and thereby giving us 1 of the 3 components of the Tried and True exploration badge. It's a very elusive badge requiring visiting the Hero One Memorial in 3 different ways: hero cape mission, City Hall exploration, and either Khan or Barracuda.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

One more thing worth noting. I think that this SF is the villain version of Khan, and thereby giving us 1 of the 3 components of the Tried and True exploration badge. It's a very elusive badge requiring visiting the Hero One Memorial in 3 different ways: hero cape mission, City Hall exploration, and either Khan or Barracuda.

@TrixieKixx: I'm changing my answer. 🙂 Midnyte already has the Tried and True badge, so I am switching to the next in line for it, Moonlight Goddess, rad/rad brute.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

The Power of Black Scorpion ability is very important to have. I believe they, the devs, changed the SF a little such that the team leader, regardless of AT, now also gets that power.

Yes, on one of these last major patches, they changed it so that the team leader gets that power, so you do not need to make sure you have a variety of AT's anymore (or rather, ensure you have an MM/Defender). There's another thread on the boards where they've brought this up as well, lol

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Elderly costume theme - Barracuda SF turned Karsis TF - Saturday, 6/19/21

00.JPG.89ecc24a09a762b92d0ffc8d7612c49a.JPG

00-2.JPG.ea49025858b5cb20c68f47b39a2fc09d.JPG

00-3.JPG.dbb330d2dcc098d64fd184e71d62f03a.JPG

14.JPG.f82a63403b4581fbb15414319cbe7992.JPG

01.thumb.JPG.abe08cd3d467bc78a82955ac6a4b6288.JPG

02.thumb.JPG.b6988a7502ec08bb0c6e8544f4906af0.JPG

03.thumb.JPG.655c64ba694afbf703ab913ef0d2f1f2.JPG

04.thumb.JPG.7e8a4cae26e48ed505bc134fd6ff08d9.JPG

16.thumb.JPG.6f0a1b2a4f057c00e2a19fee258e1934.JPG15.thumb.JPG.2f926f47dbd1e94720cbf83a7c2bf319.JPG

Bananiac could not join us, so with only 4 we switched to Transcendence trial instead.
Karsis allowed us one last cup of tea while giving us our instructions.

10.thumb.JPG.5e463c10b65a260a6a06acb4cd9763cb.JPG

11.thumb.JPG.4f794433b399cb712f3b16aad6ad4745.JPG

12.thumb.JPG.602f7a643750d27acd8d3a77865b794e.JPG

13.thumb.JPG.511d034868555eb2e22787b1476fc081.JPG

So much fun that we all switched characters to do another round, but nobody had Karsis as a contact

so we did the flashback arc that unlocks him first. Fun times!

17.JPG.e5396e54c2154ea30bc7879826e3ae20.JPG

18.thumb.JPG.3d8108807f9d8e3d4597c998f111ee4a.JPG

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Awesome screenshots as always, @Midnyte! I was so sad that we couldn't do our planned SF, but with no one biting, it would've been darn near impossible to get that last fight done with all the mobs, plus Reichsman. Thanks to everyone for being so flexible!

I believe that most have already signed up for next week's theme via the separate post Jax did for it. There is still one spot left if anyone wants to join.

I realized this morning that I don't have July's themes out there yet, so I worked on that and will list below so you can start plotting! I hope you enjoy!

July 3rd - Posi 1 (Level 8-15) & 2 (Level 11-16) Blue Side (Steel Canyon) - Cats & Dogs costumes...dress as your favorite Super Hero while in cat or dog form! Any AT 

July 10th - Tin Mage Mark II (Level 50 + Alpha Slot - Heroes & Villains (Rikti War Zone) - Greek costumes – Only one AT of each type allowed. 

July 17th - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side (Sharkhead Isle) - Steam Punk costumes – Any AT  

July 24th - Justin Augustine (Level 44-50 – Blue Side (The Chantry) - Insect costumes – you'll need your flight powers to get around The Chantry, so why not buzz about too? Any AT 

• Like 4

I am really sorry that I missed this, but the timing this time just didn't work out. It was all for a good cause, though!

Straight highlight from this weeks Theme Team are those Bios! They are plain fantastic! I wouldn't even have thought to make one especially for this. But the ideas are creative and great. 👏

And oh boy, this is soooo tempting to just call it "The Grumpy Grannies" Theme Team! 😇😁

I would have had one more to add:

a2mRyfb.png

That must be some VERY robust bone china cup in her hands right there! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 6/19/2021 at 8:04 PM, Midnyte said:

17.JPG.e5396e54c2154ea30bc7879826e3ae20.JPG

Familiar faces there, I see. What's that location? That's hilariously cool!

• Thanks 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 6/19/2021 at 8:21 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Awesome screenshots as always, @Midnyte! I was so sad that we couldn't do our planned SF, but with no one biting, it would've been darn near impossible to get that last fight done with all the mobs, plus Reichsman. Thanks to everyone for being so flexible!

I believe that most have already signed up for next week's theme via the separate post Jax did for it. There is still one spot left if anyone wants to join.

I realized this morning that I don't have July's themes out there yet, so I worked on that and will list below so you can start plotting! I hope you enjoy!

July 3rd - Posi 1 (Level 8-15) & 2 (Level 11-16) Blue Side (Steel Canyon) - Cats & Dogs costumes...dress as your favorite Super Hero while in cat or dog form! Any AT 

July 10th - Tin Mage Mark II (Level 50 + Alpha Slot - Heroes & Villains (Rikti War Zone) - Greek costumes – Only one AT of each type allowed. 

July 17th - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side (Sharkhead Isle) - Steam Punk costumes – Any AT  

July 24th - Justin Augustine (Level 44-50 – Blue Side (The Chantry) - Insect costumes – you'll need your flight powers to get around The Chantry, so why not buzz about too? Any AT 

Great new themes, @TrixieKixx! I already have ideas... Many ideas...

Schedule is also looking good. Only the 3rd  is questionable, as there is a 1/4 final game at exactly that time. But there are many IFs in that game, so no worries for now!

• Like 2

The only weekend I won't be around for for sure is the 17th as we'll be on vacation. Given how limited my game time has been lately too, I may not be able to make either of the 2 high level TF's since I rarely play high level toons.

• Like 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

@TrixieKixx For next week's theme, I'll be bringing Poison Ivycat - Plant/Psi Dom. In case you couldn't guess, she's paying homage to Poison Ivy. 😛

• Thumbs Up 1

@TrixieKixx put me down for Wonder Catwoman, Savage/Willpower Scrapper and - as the name implies - a Wonder / Cat Woman Crossover.

I think somebody else also prepared a WW toon, but I decided to just go with it. Can't have enough Wonder Women! 🙂

Edited by Bananiac
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

The only weekend I won't be around for for sure is the 17th as we'll be on vacation. Given how limited my game time has been lately too, I may not be able to make either of the 2 high level TF's since I rarely play high level toons.

You can always bring someone you already have leveled!

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

You can always bring someone you already have leveled!

That's what I mean, lol. I don't really have any, and don't really have time to get them leveled. We'll see what I can end up doing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

@TrixieKixx For next week's theme, I'll be bringing Poison Ivycat - Plant/Psi Dom. In case you couldn't guess, she's paying homage to Poison Ivy. 😛

That is awesome! I had considered Poison Ivy too... not only do I have a connection to red hair but I have my own costume I made in real life. 🌿😁 Yours is going to be awesome and I want to come up with something else... Catwowan is actually my old favorite long-time superhero/villain from my childhood and I actually made a Catwoman costume back on live that I'm going to look up the old screenshots for. This will be fun! She can be a "cat" and "Catwoman" to fulfill both requirements 😄 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bananiac said:

@TrixieKixx put me down for Wonder Catwoman, Savage/Willpower Scrapper and - as the name implies - a Wonder / Cat Woman Crossover.

I think somebody else also prepared a WW toon, but I decided to just go with it. Can't have enough Wonder Women! 🙂

haha omg this is insane... Wonder Woman my fave woman hero from my childhood... and combined with Catwoman.... :::meeoooooow::::::

Now my brain is going in all different directions to come up with something unique that nobody has claimed yet!  🤩

• Like 1