Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

8 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Most of my day today will be spent at my internship, and then tomorrow and Saturday we'll be getting ready for our trip; I don't expect to even hit level 50, let alone getting my alpha unlocked and slotted and also have my powers slotted. As of right now, I don't plan to be there this Saturday.

Good luck with all your busy stuff and have a wonderful trip. We'll see you when you get back! We'll keep the baddies warm for ya! 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you! I'll miss you guys. I should be able to make it the next Saturday since we'll be coming back on Friday.

• Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

7 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

We only have four signed up for this upcoming week and I'm not sure we can complete this TF with only four people. We may have to recruit. And that reminds me that I need to get a Greek costume going on Miss Skittles!

I made one for Ocean Goddess. I had to take off her arm fins and leg fins, but what a fun opportunity for those seldom-used costume pieces. btw, I can't differentiate between Greek and Roman so hopefully they are synonymous for our purposes!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Midnyte said:

I made one for Ocean Goddess. I had to take off her arm fins and leg fins, but what a fun opportunity for those seldom-used costume pieces. btw, I can't differentiate between Greek and Roman so hopefully they are synonymous for our purposes!

Greek and Roman...yep...those would be the costume pieces. Feel free to switch things up too 🙂 For example, I started with the Greek costume, then I didn't use the hair laurel. I switched up some things so we wouldn't all be matchy matchy. BTW, it's going to be hot as ballz here tomorrow and I'm not going nowhere. I'd much prefer sitting in the dark playing video games 😄  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tin Mage Mark II TF - Greek costume theme with only one AT of each type

Saturday, 7/10/2021

wOv1rno.jpg

9YSqERq.jpg

RNf7fY3.jpg

lDSPYVp.jpg

MBPkHDS.jpg

K9IVrcr.jpg

yTiwahu.jpg

Today's honored guest:

B77UWVt.jpg

bhFVMv3.jpg

JWtkHVm.jpg

KT1Ghah.jpg

jUy4DvR.jpg

KqbgKFv.jpg

And the badge today for "Sleeping on the Job" goes to.....

5hrZe7E.jpg

From this point on in my screenshot folder, my UI is toggled off. I must've hit the key by mistake.

So I didn't get the "TF Complete" shot. Hope someone else got it!

eT7wl4T.jpg

M78U7O0.jpg

Gotta love seeing all those holds on an AV

Aykgrar.jpg

OvS1Dnv.jpg

pbZblbm.jpg

I spotted my lore pet, the Cimeroran, "Ariadne", just standing around twiddling her Roman thumbs during combat!

I put a stop to that!

x1Yd2dv.jpg

i1Psd1a.jpg

Pb1rXTJ.jpg

cgSuSPq.jpg

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nice job y'all!

@TrixieKixx Next week I hope to be there on Lola Huntress, Night Widow

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

So much fun today! Nice pics, as always, @Midnyte Alas, I did not get the final screenshot.

July 3rd - Posi 1 (Level 8-15) & 2 (Level 11-16) Blue Side (Steel Canyon) - Cat or Dog costume...dress as your favorite Super Hero! Any AT 

July 10th - Tin Mage Mark II (Level 50 + Alpha Slot - Heroes & Villains (Rikti War Zone) - Greek costumes – Only one AT of each type allowed. 

July 17th - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side (Sharkhead Isle) - Steam Punk costumes – Any AT  

July 24th - Justin Augustine (Level 44-50 – Blue Side (The Chantry) - Insect costumes – you'll need your flight powers to get around The Chantry, so why not buzz about too? Any AT 

@TrixieKixx - Althea Gaia - Earth / Emp Controller

@TygerDarkstorm - Lola Huntress - Night Widow

@FrauleinMental - Quantum Quantum - Rad / Rad Corruptor

@TraumaTrain - Clockwork Dynamo - Electric / Electric Tanker

@Midnyte - Frau Rammstein - Beam Rifle / Invulnerability Sentinel

@Bananiac - Curie Automaton - Rad / Rad Sentinel

@Jaxman100 - Cyjack - Psi / Invul Sentinel (Tentative)

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the steampunk Silver Mantis, I'll either bring Rookery (War Mace/Willpower Scrapper), or Clockwork Dynamo, the Robotic Man (Electric/Electric Tanker). Whichever you think might be more useful in the team, @TrixieKixx

Both are members of my Victorian era SG, Gentlemen Immortal. Rookery is a typical street tough enforcer who can fly via mechanical wings built by fellow teammate and inventrix Necessity. She also built his bulletproof vest and his Marvel Gauntlet, which increases the impact force of his billy club. (The peg leg is a tale for another time.)

Clockwork Dynamo, the Robotic Man, was also one of Necessity's gizmos and was heralded as the world's first artificial man. He was otiginally unveiled at the Paragon City World's Fair in 1888 to the amazement of the international scientific community.

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, TraumaTrain said:

For the steampunk Silver Mantis, I'll either bring Rookery (War Mace/Willpower Scrapper), or Clockwork Dynamo, the Robotic Man (Electric/Electric Tanker).  

This is fantasmagorical! I love your stories. I don't have any steampunk characters, so one of my characters will come in cosplay costume and then again be surprised to find that her friends have accepted a real adventure! That is what happened today to Ocean Goddess (read her story on her character picture 😄 )

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

July 17th - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side (Sharkhead Isle) - Steam Punk costumes – Any AT  

Frau Rammstein will join the Silver Mantis. Beam Rifle / Invulnerability Sentinel

One of my favorite SFs!

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Tin Mage Mark II TF - Greek costume theme with only one AT of each type

Saturday, 7/10/2021

wOv1rno.jpg

9YSqERq.jpg

RNf7fY3.jpg

Hey, I feel called out! Thank you @Midnyte for making sure we never forget the heroic sacrifices that were made!

I felt obliged to make a point: That having your Alpha slotted (or Beta, or Gamma, or whatever... ) is no reason to not faceplant good in this Taskforce! 😎😁

• Haha 4

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

@TrixieKixx for next week I'd like to register my Rad / Rad Sentinel Curie Automaton, a mechanical embodiement of Madame Curie.

Absolutely love Steampunk as a theme. I have built a whole team of Automata in that frame, and had a terrible time deciding on which one to bring forward 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Work is still really weird.  We have a rebranding go live on Saturday that's been 2 years in the making, but no sites or emails are currently 'live'.  So might not know until Saturday if we are going to try and update EVERYTHING at once or, slowly through the week with old links redirecting.  Doesn't seem like it should be a hard choice, but I guess it's above my pay grade.

I'll tentatively sign up with my Psi/Invul Sent - Cyjack. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi Folks,

busy week again, so this is coming late. But as I kinda like getting laughs and praises for doing it now, I won't let this stop me! 

See what you did there? 😲

So here we go again, another edition of Bananiacs Beautiful Broadcasts on what I am hereby calling "The Art of Antiquity"-Theme Team:

Midnyte, you really killed it already with your own recap! Thanks again! Great job!

I would like to add a few more minor things:

• IT WASN'T MY FAULT! AND I GOT THE EVIDENCE, TRIXIE! 😜 Your Honor, I would like to present sample #1!
  • I am not sure if the Warwalkers appreciated the pediatric effect of the Spirit Sharks enough...
  • I know - even though I still have a hard time to believe - that there is a badge for smashing doors. Watching Jaxx for a while, I was begining to suspect there is one for defeating Oil Slicks as well!
  • Isn't it funny that every time we have done this TF now with a small Theme Team, that we actually get random pickups that perfectly fit in with the theme?

Sample #1

fEfHOWF.jpg

Okay, now we got that out of the way, here are some more impressions:

Starting up with a gorgeous and amazingly antique line-up:

DikHd5h.png

Memorize!!!

5nC0AHP.png

From the 2nd run, a very fun, no theme Penny Yin. Hard to discern anybody underneath all those glowy buffy things, though. 😄

aMUyONs.png

Working on Doors Badge. Is this really a thing?!?

F7MkHsI.png

Bonus Pic:

YQpRGbW.jpg

Salve, Amici! 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bananiac said:

busy week again, so this is coming late. But as I kinda like getting laughs and praises for doing it now, I won't let this stop me! 

See what you did there? 😲

And I'm very glad about that!

So here we go again, another edition of Bananiacs Beautiful Broadcasts on what I am hereby calling "The Art of Antiquity"-Theme Team:

Midnyte, you really killed it already with your own recap! Thanks again! Great job!

Thank you, it is great fun for me every week. 🙂

• IT WASN'T MY FAULT! AND I GOT THE EVIDENCE, TRIXIE! 😜 Your Honor, I would like to present sample #1!

LOL! Time will not dim the glory of our words.... 😄

• I am not sure if the Warwalkers appreciated the pediatric effect of the Spirit Sharks enough...

Ocean Goddess's sharks do not appreciate being discredited...  regardless of how ineffectual they may be. They do not know this, and she does not wish them to know it.  They are her loyal pets who live with her just off the coast of Sharkhead Isle, and perceive themselves as mighty slayers! Let's keep it that way lest you feel their wrath! 
::: chomp chomp chomp :::

• Haha 3

On 7/10/2021 at 9:11 PM, TrixieKixx said:

For our steampunk Silver Mantis this weekend, I have collected some historical facts and other useful things.

The steampunk pack was made available to purchase in 2011. It included 3 new emotes, 2 costume change emotes, and many new costume pieces. Most of which you are familiar with at this point!

You can access the emotes in the Quick Chat menu here:

1172822912_steampunkemotes.thumb.jpg.425b5b6e50c03a34270127afe648af0e.jpg

Or here are some handy macros I made for your power trays:

/macro Train emote "trainwhistle"

/macro Steam emote "hottemper"

/macro Bulb emote "inspiration"

These are the 2 costume change emotes:

emote-costume.JPG.93b2377ab90059b600ab87dc42235e78.JPG

Our reward for completing this Strike Force is the Air Pirate accomplishment badge:

File:V badge StrikeforceSkyRaiderBadge.png

If you are hero or vig alignment, it will be called Pirate Hunter.

See you all tomorrow!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1