Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

Thanks @Midnyte  for the Photo Ops, you got great ones. And for entertaining my Bananiplant, it sometimes can get restless. 😄

And congratulations of course for dinging 50 with Embers, that feels like a special moment if this happens when on the team 🏆

And before we dig into my regular "Themes and Teams" Column, I would like to make an amendment to your post upstairs, as I think we can now rightfully welcome the newest member to this elite little group:

.... and this is where I realize that I have the in-game global, but not the Forum name of Burnt Umber 😳

Anyway, guys please get that into the logs next week, so it gets included in the line-ups. For now we just go with 

EDIT: Thank you for identifying yourself! 

@Vigilant Vergil

- Commenticia (Illusion/Force Fields Controller)

And welcome to our little chitchat as well.

But now, here we go for this weeks edition of the "Fly-By-Lie-By-Looting" Theme Team Recap:

• The Bug brung it! It's good to have a Tank on these teams that only goes to faceplant when he feels like it!
  • The Shadow Shards travel itinerary is not for the faint of heart! Easy to get lost, and not easy to get around when those lazy Team Transporter pilots just refuse to drop you off somewhere else but a door!
  • Talking about doors...
    • I keep smashing them, and they keep staring back empty at me!
    • Sometimes I am more than a little worried about this teams obsession with them...
  • I totally missed the funny part about Velociraptors, but hey: You don't watch the chat for a minute, and next time you look it has turned completely sideways to some new absurd topic! 😅
  • Had to jump seat at the end again, but at least this time I was not leaving unfinished business! Family was staring me down by then, but I took this one FOR THE TEAM! 💪

A few more shots here, but Midnyte really got that part covered perfectly...

The Brung It Part:

aq7t95D.png

Lazy TT Pilots, hovering around for an extended smoke and just burning fuel, while the Team was at full attention!

D6Bz0GK.png

Not easy getting a Pepsi in The Shadow Shard

RIKJvh9.png

A Hero doing a Hero's Work

iu6AiPo.png

Things to not be concerned about(?):

FVBHvvk.png

SeFc135.png

3j4oT0V.png

Rounding this up with another Bonus Pic, hope you like it:

7cnNsfk.jpg

I wish you a splendid week and a Good Hunt next saturday. Will be going on vacation to Austria on friday for a week, so this time I really have to pass (which is a shame because I have this beautiful Mastermind Tecknomancer, a Demons/Traps that would be just so perfect for Penny!) 

Edited by Bananiac
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

2 hours ago, Bananiac said:

this time I really have to pass (which is a shame because I have this beautiful Mastermind Tecknomancer, a Demons/Traps that would be just so perfect for Penny!) 

Awww...so sorry to miss you on our One Year Anniversary; however, I hope you have a fantastic vacation! I love your recap and I hope you got the merits when you logged back in! Turned out I had to talk to Faathim one more time to actually finish for the merits, which I didn't see until you had already left. I know you got the badge cause that happened before you left.

2 hours ago, Bananiac said:

And before we dig into my regular "Themes and Teams" Column, I would like to make an amendment to your post upstairs, as I think we can now rightfully welcome the newest member to this elite little group:

.... and this is where I realize that I have the in-game global, but not the Forum name of Burnt Umber 😳

Anyway, guys please get that into the logs next week, so it gets included in the line-ups. For now we just go with 

Burnt Umber - Commenticia (Illusion/??? Controller)

Goodness, I suppose I'm a bit past due for introducing myself but that's me/my in-game handle.  I've had crazy fun on these thematic team-ups and hope I can join in when possible.

(And Commenticia  is Illusion/Forcefield, though they can be a bit hard to see with how I've colored them.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Vigilant Vergil said:

Goodness, I suppose I'm a bit past due for introducing myself but that's me/my in-game handle.  I've had crazy fun on these thematic team-ups and hope I can join in when possible.

(And Commenticia  is Illusion/Forcefield, though they can be a bit hard to see with how I've colored them.)

Yay!!! Glad to see you on the forums! If you want to sign up in advance (and save yourself a spot!) for our Saturday theme team, this is the spot to do it! If you look back a page, you'll see what we've got going on this upcoming Saturday (our 1st Anniversary!) and also for the month of August. I post them early so everyone has a chance to build (or think about a costume) that suits the them.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, TrixieKixx said:

FYI...maybe we all show up 20 minutes early so Midnyte can get her pics and we can roll a little early to get Tyger out the door quickly? Is everyone okay with that?

Good deal! The sooner we can start, the more chance she has of being able to stay for the whole thing.

9 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Thanks @Midnyte  for the Photo Ops, you got great ones. And for entertaining my Bananaplant, it sometimes can get restless. 😄

And congratulations of course for dinging 50 with Embers, that feels like a special moment if this happens when on the team 🏆

Thanks! She was the very first sentinel I tried, and loved it, but then water/regen was more fun, and then ice/rad was even MORE fun, so those 2 dinged 50 before her! So her time had come. 🙂

LOL! Your whole post had me literally laughing out LOUD! Especially the part about us being obsessed with doors!

Capturing Rich's "brung it" comment!  LOL, was trying to get everyone to do the "bringit" emote. Trixie complied! 😄

And the Pepsi comment by you and Rich, brilliant 😄

Have a wonderful vacation in Austria, I love it there, what little I know and remember from a trip another lifetime ago, and sorry your traps character will miss out, but there will be other opportunities!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

...I hope you got the merits when you logged back in! Turned out I had to talk to Faathim one more time to actually finish for the merits, which I didn't see until you had already left...

Oha! I actually hadn't checked! Now that would be a darn shame having missed out on those 80 Merits! 😳

• Sad 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 7/26/2021 at 5:35 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Yay!!! Glad to see you on the forums! If you want to sign up in advance (and save yourself a spot!) for our Saturday theme team, this is the spot to do it! If you look back a page, you'll see what we've got going on this upcoming Saturday (our 1st Anniversary!) and also for the month of August. I post them early so everyone has a chance to build (or think about a costume) that suits the them.

Unfortunately, I can't make it out for this week, but I think I should be able to do the LRSF next week with one of my redsiders.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Double-Yin Run!

screenshot_210731-11-43-47a.thumb.jpg.76eeb58da088fe0110ab072d39d22f25.jpg

Run #1 begins.  That's gonna hurt when the mine goes off.

screenshot_210731-12-19-20a.thumb.jpg.af04dfa829e25776fc9fb9658e7455b4.jpg

I'm terrible at remembering to take screenies during the TF.  But here's the first run complete!

screenshot_210731-12-20-07a.thumb.jpg.112e6862167d1c09aebf8c75ead127ac.jpg

Happy anniversary to Theme Team!  Thanks for keeping it running!

screenshot_210731-12-27-25a.thumb.jpg.3c52cf2546c2ff81861f1755566d7d5c.jpg

Run #2 begins.  Fewer of us on theme. 🙂

screenshot_210731-12-51-29a.thumb.jpg.c2ba3879c0b1c755a4f57bc67486a5a2.jpg

Why's that big grey armored thing always in the way? 😛

screenshot_210731-13-06-51a.thumb.jpg.a8f979d24913f898f0029d5b83d11047.jpg

Clamor...clamoring for the floor.

screenshot_210731-13-07-05a.thumb.jpg.43e23f52c4d5950a76769465711a4aa1.jpg

Run #2 complete!  Time for lunch!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Great pictures as always Fraulein and Midnyte! We're so sorry we couldn't get the whole gang together today, but much merriment was had! We hope you enjoyed your time off. Also, thank you to everyone for showing up 20 minutes early so we could get Tyger out the door ASAP!

BTW, if any of you have a theme idea, please shout it out and I'll write it down to choose from in the future. I had a whole page of ideas last year at this time and we've gone through most of them. That doesn't mean I can't think up more, but I'm happy to also have your input!

August 7th - Lord Recluse (Level 45-50 – Red Side - Grandville) - Dress as your favorite dessert; name & costume to reflect your item! 

August 14th - Citadel (Level 25-30 – Blue Side - Talos Island) - Get as nerdy as you can...costume only! 

August 21st -  Mortimer Kal (Level 25-30 – Red Side – Sharkville Isle) - Going down in a ball of flames! – Any AT that has a fire or thermal power! 

August 28th - Admiral Sutter (Level 20-40 – Blue Side – Independence Port) Red, White, and Blue Costumes – Any AT 

@TrixieKixx- Apple Pie - Beam Rifle/Inv Sentinel

@Vigilant Vergil - Ice Scream Sundae - Sonic/Cold Domination Corruptor

@FrauleinMental - Ruby Kit Kat - Rad/Rad Stalker

@Midnyte - Key Lime Pie - Ice/Rad Sentinel

@TygerDarkstorm - Cookie Dough - Demons/Storm MM

@Bananiac - Captain Creme Brûleé - Plant/Rad Controller

@Jaxman100 - Root Beer Float - Shield/Dark Tank (Maybe)

I had issues with editing this post yesterday...so sorry it took so long!

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

August 7th - Lord Recluse (Level 45-50 – Red Side - Grandville) - Dress as your favorite dessert; name & costume to reflect your item! 

Who can resist....   Key Lime Pie 😋 - ice/rad sentinel

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Great pictures as always Fraulein and Midnyte! We're so sorry we couldn't get the whole gang together today, but much merriment was had! We hope you enjoyed your time off. Also, thank you to everyone for showing up 20 minutes early so we could get Tyger out the door ASAP!

BTW, if any of you have a theme idea, please shout it out and I'll write it down to choose from in the future. I had a whole page of ideas last year at this time and we've gone through most of them. That doesn't mean I can't think up more, but I'm happy to also have your input!

August 14th - Citadel (Level 25-30 – Blue Side - Talos Island) - Get as nerdy as you can...costume only! 

August 21st -  Mortimer Kal (Level 25-30 – Red Side – Sharkville Isle) - Going down in a ball of flames! – Any AT that has a fire or thermal power! 

August 28th - Admiral Sutter (Level 20-40 – Blue Side – Independence Port) Red, White, and Blue Costumes – Any AT 

@Vigilant Vergil - Ice Cream Sundae - Sonic/Cold Domination Corruptor

You guys are some of the most wonderful people! ❤️ I appreciate y'all showing up early to help me out. 🙂

I've never done an LRSF before, but lucky me I do have a vill on Everlasting who's at 45 that will pop over. Normally she's a member of a cult who's slowly turning into a demon, but for this run she'll be Cookie Dough - Demons/Storm MM ((I'll have to temporarily rename her demons as well, lol)).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

15 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Penelope Yin TF - All Traps/Devices

Saturday, 7/31/2021

Theme Team One-Year Anniversary Weekend 🍾 🎆 🎉

KthEwwu.jpg

Wonderful postings, @Midnyte and @FrauleinMental! Feels like having been there, appreciate it! 
Impressive line-up of costumes again (and applause for the great bios)! Looking at them, I am struggling to name a favourite! Although I can see a certain likeness between Workshop and the toon I would have brought, so that would naturally make him a frontrunner for my pick of the day 🙂

I also have to salute the Kraftwerk homage! Which brings up this question:

@TrixieKixx, we all know your obsession with food themes by now 😉, but how about a „favourite musician/band“ theme for one of the future runs?

Final note: glad I got the donations ping yesterday with the reminder for the costume contest! And that the hotel wifi did hold up for the duration…

Le Savant D’Ombre was at the right place, at the right time 🙂

http://i.imgur.com/n8MQ5Lc.gifv

I have to say, however, that this CC theme seemed to be too unspecific… I failed to recognize any relation to any fables, lores or myths that I would know of at a good deal of the entrants (some of which still looked stunning nonetheless, of course, but a little explanation in a bio here or there would likely have helped).

Would love to see what you guys ran with on Indom (or wherever you participated). Please post some pics!

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

@Vigilant Vergil - Ice Cream Sundae - Sonic/Cold Domination Corruptor

Hmmmm, now that will be interesting… Thinking about this I would say my favorite dessert is Creme Brulée… or Kaiserschmarren…

But I have absolutely no idea yet how to put either of THAT into a costume!

I will probably dress up Bananiac again in some way. Choice of LVL45plusses is growing, but still limited…

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I also have to salute the Kraftwerk homage! Which brings up this question:

@TrixieKixx, we all know your obsession with food themes by now 😉, but how about a „favourite musician/band“ theme for one of the future runs?

Thank you, it was a lot of fun creating her. And now you've got my gears turning again! I already have a Rammstein, and now Kraftwerk, girl..... hmmm.. what other music themes can I dream up?  😄 I wonder if "Wish of Night" is taken?  Or Lamb of Goddess?  Now I'm thinking it would be fun to create Lene Lovich and name her "Lucky Number".... okay back into my design studio I go! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have to say, however, that this CC theme seemed to be too unspecific… I failed to recognize any relation to any fables, lores or myths that I would know of at a good deal of the entrants (some of which still looked stunning nonetheless, of course, but a little explanation in a bio here or there would likely have helped).

I agree, it is too complex of a concept to rely on visual alone, and I wish the contest had combined bio with costume. I made a Rapunzel character but visually she just looks like a blonde-haired girl dressed in scraps and rags and peasant clothing. And even her name would not give her away because of course I had to come up with an alternative for her real name, so I used Bellflower.  So I wrote her a story to make it complete for myself even if not part of the judging yesterday. 

6g15RBh.jpg

Your character looks great! How do you mean right place at the right time, did you win?

• Like 3

Hmmmm, now that will be interesting… Thinking about this I would say my favorite dessert is Creme Brulée… or Kaiserschmarren…

But I have absolutely no idea yet how to put either of THAT into a costume!

I will probably dress up Bananiac again in some way. Choice of LVL45plusses is growing, but still limited…

Creme Brulée would be various creamy shades of yellow, orange, brown. Like Mister Marzipan, LOL, just use that costume again and alter the colors a little!

I worked on Key Lime Pie last night and also struggled with how to make white whipped cream trim on slick green filling.  I made like 6 different costume designs and don't like any of them. LOL. All the white fur pieces which would be great as whipped cream have a grayscale tone to them so it just looks like dirty whipped cream. No dirty cream on my pie, thank you! You should make Bananiac into a Banana Cream Pie!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/1/2021 at 4:10 AM, Bananiac said:

😂🤣😂🤣😂 I still have Favorite Junk Food, Any Food or Drink, Fruit Pies, Favorite Cereal, and Fave Takeout on my list 😂🤣😂🤣😂

I have written down your suggestion...that would be so fun! Thank you so much for adding a suggestion!

Also, congrats on your win with the CC on your server! I need to go back and see the pictures again of the people who won on Indom...I didn't see where they were going to tell the truth. I brought The Poison Apple...dressed as that Disney character who has 7 special little friends.

ETA: I should've read the rules...I just heard that there was a CC and I brought the one that I thought most fit the theme. They specifically say NO Disney costumes in their disclaimer and that means an automatic disqualification. So, it was my own fault for not reading before bringing 🙂 I had a lot of likes for her though and people rooting for me 😄 

Poison_Apple.png

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Midnyte said:

@TrixieKixx, I didn't see that in the rules either! And I did read them ahead of time. How do we know what's Disney or not? Do we have to look that up ahead of time? LOL. Did Disney release a Rapunzel story? If so, I was disqualified too.

The Disney movie, Tangled, is based on Rapunzel.

Edit: From what I saw over on the actual CC thread, there was a lot of confusion/dissension over this month's CC and that the GM's should have done a better job explaining it or something.

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Thumbs Up 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster