Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

4 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

I read all those comments too, @TygerDarkstorm.   I've never heard of Tangled but now I know I was illegal too! Even though I changed the names of all parties involved, my concept was not allowed. Oh well! 🙄

Well, both Snow White and Rapunzel are definitely plain old central European fairy tales and as such would allow any kind of interpretation for this CC.

That being said, I would think it is save to assume that if you took any likeness to the Disney movie versions of those stories, you would get ripped by the admins, given their touchiness about trademarks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

5 minutes ago, Bananiac said:

Well, both Snow White and Rapunzel are definitely plain old central European fairy tales and as such would allow any kind of interpretation for this CC.

That being said, I would think it is save to assume that if you took any likeness to the Disney movie versions of those stories, you would get ripped by the admins, given their touchiness about trademarks.

Okay, that makes sense. Maybe it should be interpreted as characters that were created exclusively for Disney were not allowed. Or even, like you said, a movie version created just for Disney. 

• Like 1

It sounds like the contest was ill-defined. I know CC's are subjective in nature anyway, but usually themes are fairly well-defined and easily interpreted. I'm not sure I've seen this level of dissent on these before. Hopefully the GM's will take the complaints seriously and make the outlines for the future CC's more clear and straightforward. I thought the title of the CC seemed to vague in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I was asking myself if Voodoo would be considered some kind of folklore (it definitely doesn’t fit the bill for fairy tale or fable), but it seemed to be close enough to home. And I didn’t have any other toon ready that would have been remotely fitting anyway…. 

But watching the competition it became pretty obvious quickly that there was a way too high bandwith of interpretations, I would say. Let’s hope that they will be more specific about it in the future, or maybe take into account having bios if the toons are not self-explaining.

• Like 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

2 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I was asking myself if Voodoo would be considered some kind of folklore (it definitely doesn’t fit the bill for fairy tale or fable), but it seemed to be close enough to home. And I didn’t have any other toon ready that would have been remotely fitting anyway…. 

But watching the competition it became pretty obvious quickly that there was a way too high bandwith of interpretations, I would say. Let’s hope that they will be more specific about it in the future, or maybe take into account having bios if the toons are not self-explaining.

Apparently they don't read bios. It would take too long. Otherwise, there may have been some different choices. Oh well...there's always another one, right? I'm determined to win one of them one of these days. BTW...the GM's said nothing to me about my costume. I didn't get banned, I didn't get genericized, and I haven't received any emails, so I don't know.

46 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Apparently they don't read bios. It would take too long. Otherwise, there may have been some different choices. Oh well...there's always another one, right? I'm determined to win one of them one of these days. BTW...the GM's said nothing to me about my costume. I didn't get banned, I didn't get genericized, and I haven't received any emails, so I don't know.

Yeah, I've never known them to take bios into account.  I've heard of a few privately-run CCs (mostly on Live) to look at bios, but that's a lot of work.

I see me in your pic! Just below you to your right, the glowing white in the center of the stairs. I did not expect to win but I like participating in stuff, plus all those badges at the end for GMs and defeats. Even the Recluse's Victory defeats. I purposely picked someone who didn't have a lot of giant monster badges yet. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Midnyte said:

….Just below you to your right, the glowing white in the center of the stairs…

Rrrright….😉😁

I too was throwing myself with fervor at the giant monster fight after the contest, looking forward to mayhem, badges and all that stuff! But after getting knocked out 3 times without even getting a shot off myself, I realized that even sidekicked to lvl50 my lvl11 toon was not going to cut it there. ☠️

I think I was much better off in the end running my Mastermind through that Penny Yin with Jaxx and Trixie again! 

Yeah, I thought of having a go at it with my siren/greco-roman mythology character but realized it would get lost in the wash.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:28 PM, Bananiac said:

That name is also brilliant btw, @Vigilant Vergil👏

Thanks!  Even though it's not really my favorite dessert , I was too fond of the pun to give it up.  (Though, it's  a temporary name/re-skin of "Horrere" so it will be up for grabs after this Saturday.)

7 hours ago, Midnyte said:

What does it mean????!!!! 🤨

I was searching for the glowing white Disney princess on the right side of Fräulein, and it may be a matter of perspective, but I could only find  one on the left 😉

Wait, what?

Edit: Well, I be damned! I apologize in advance for now outbragging anybody else in the forseeable future! 😇

Edited by Bananiac
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I was searching for the glowing white Disney princess on the right side of Fräulein, and it may be a matter of perspective, but I could only find  one on the left 😉

From our perspective, it's the left, but I meant her perspective as her character, which is the opposite. 😄 

On 8/1/2021 at 12:41 AM, TrixieKixx said:

Great pictures as always Fraulein and Midnyte! We're so sorry we couldn't get the whole gang together today, but much merriment was had! We hope you enjoyed your time off. Also, thank you to everyone for showing up 20 minutes early so we could get Tyger out the door ASAP!

BTW, if any of you have a theme idea, please shout it out and I'll write it down to choose from in the future. I had a whole page of ideas last year at this time and we've gone through most of them. That doesn't mean I can't think up more, but I'm happy to also have your input!

August 7th - Lord Recluse (Level 45-50 – Red Side - Grandville) - Dress as your favorite dessert; name & costume to reflect your item! 

August 14th - Citadel (Level 25-30 – Blue Side - Talos Island) - Get as nerdy as you can...costume only! 

August 21st -  Mortimer Kal (Level 25-30 – Red Side – Sharkville Isle) - Going down in a ball of flames! – Any AT that has a fire or thermal power! 

August 28th - Admiral Sutter (Level 20-40 – Blue Side – Independence Port) Red, White, and Blue Costumes – Any AT 

@TrixieKixx- Apple Pie - Beam Rifle/Inv Sentinel

@Vigilant Vergil - Ice Scream Sundae - Sonic/Cold Domination Corruptor

@FrauleinMental - Ruby Kit Kat - Rad/Rad Stalker

@Midnyte - Key Lime Pie - Ice/Rad Sentinel

@TygerDarkstorm - Cookie Dough - Demons/Storm MM

@Bananiac - Banana something? - What build?

I had issues with editing this post yesterday...so sorry it took so long!

@TrixieKixx I put something together which I think will work, so let's sign up Captain Creme Brûleé for a trip to the Spider-Man (he's a Plant/Rad Controller)

Edit: And following up on my suggestion for a "Favorite Musician/Band"-Theme, let me also pitch in a "Favorite Song"-Theme...

Edited by Bananiac
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/31/2021 at 6:41 PM, TrixieKixx said:

@TrixieKixx- Apple Pie - Beam Rifle/Inv Sentinel

@Vigilant Vergil - Ice Scream Sundae - Sonic/Cold Domination Corruptor

@FrauleinMental - Ruby Kit Kat - Rad/Rad Stalker

@Midnyte - Key Lime Pie - Ice/Rad Sentinel

@TygerDarkstorm - Cookie Dough - Demons/Storm MM

@Bananiac - Captain Creme Brûleé - Plant/Rad Controller

@Jaxman100 - Root Beer Float - Shield/Dark Tank (Maybe)

Such a yummy-licious collection of desserts for tomorrow's LRSF. Here is some handy info:

Completion of the SF awards the Servant of Recluse accomplishment badge:

File:V badge LordRecluseBadge.png

For heroes or vigs, it is called Former Servant of Recluse.

Opportunity for Master/Mistress of Olympus badge for defeating  Kronos Class Titan in the mission: Assault Malta Base 

File:badge_villain_malta.png

Annihilator badge for defeating the future Freedom Phalanx (also awards Accolade badges, for villains: Marshal, for heroes: Ex-Marshal

File:V badge Marshall.png

• Thanks 2

LRSF -- Givin' those heroes a thumpin'

screenshot_210807-11-39-43a.thumb.jpg.5a420e30f1c64114249c8f3f5f05906f.jpg

A few early desserts.

screenshot_210807-12-03-26a.thumb.jpg.7705397d825f8d7ef918e4fa1f0688ab.jpg

The starting lineup!  That room is terrible for wide shots.

screenshot_210807-12-58-49a.thumb.jpg.cdc5c043cac00d51cc0ced6203c69216.jpg

Atop the ruined Atlas Statue, where pulled...everyone except Manticore.

screenshot_210807-13-23-43a.thumb.jpg.1257ca0b94e917f22a811d178b753f58.jpg

I caught three people during their zone-out after defeating Ms Liberty.

screenshot_210807-13-39-17a.thumb.jpg.0bdd46d2c840419d470233780bf50f57.jpg

Mission complete!

screenshot_210807-13-39-51a.thumb.jpg.85bb6478662f332a01ce0c05a2ba6ba2.jpg

It really is a strange looking rifle...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aw, I ended up missing this too by being outside the mish when the SF got finished. 😞 

DYzyMIQ.jpg

Oh well. xD We all seemed to have some troubles at one time or another coordinating and trying to work together. Was a bit of an off day for us; I know my brain shorted out more than once not paying attention to my map and where folks were at and trying to follow along with the directions. It was still a fun time; I'd never done that SF (or its hero complement), so it was fun to experience it and beat up on some heroes.

• Sad 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

3 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Aw, I ended up missing this too by being outside the mish when the SF got finished. 😞 

I feel terrible about it. My brain didn't make the connection, but I told Rich about it afterwards and he said "Never leave during the last mission", and that reminded me that I knew that rule. I had left too earlier without even thinking about it.  The next time I died, I remembered that I had big rezzes in my email and big break-frees, so I was able to rez on the spot and stay alive till the end. But it could have just as easily been me it happened to. 😞 Let's run it again tomorrow so you can get it! Who's in?  😄 

• Like 1