Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

1 minute ago, Midnyte said:

I feel terrible about it. My brain didn't make the connection, but I told Rich about it afterwards and he said "Never leave during the last mission", and that reminded me that I knew that rule. I had left too earlier without even thinking about it.  The next time I died, I remembered that I had big rezzes in my email and big break-frees, so I was able to rez on the spot and stay alive till the end. But it could have just as easily been me it happened to. 😞 Let's run it again tomorrow so you can get it! Who's in?  😄 

I had a wakie, but when I used one before, BAB or someone kept doing a stomp attack that was one-shotting us even at the edge of the platform, so the only thing I could think to do was hosp it. Ban did the same, but I guess he got back in time to get the rewards. I didn't think the remaining AV's would go down that fast. So, it was my bad. I just don't like lying there dead when I could be helping and thought if I trained and got fireball that would help. My fault for not planning my time and understanding the fights better. 🙂

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

7 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

We all seemed to have some troubles at one time or another coordinating and trying to work together. Was a bit of an off day for us; I know my brain shorted out more than once not paying attention to my map and where folks were at and trying to follow along with the directions. 

I think the biggest FUBAR we made was the conflicting strategies being thrown around. Which doesn't matter too much in the lower level TFs, but late game content requires more being on the same page. No worries, I love you all, and even the most cohesive set of peeps are gonna have an off day once in a while! ♥

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I just don't like lying there dead when I could be helping and thought if I trained and got fireball that would help. My fault for not planning my time and understanding the fights better. 🙂

I understand completely, I hate that too! Nobody wants to be a moocher, right? I had temp ally rez power but would've had to tp you to safe spot to use it and I don't typically get tp on my characters. This makes me rethink that idea though!

23 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

I feel terrible about it. My brain didn't make the connection, but I told Rich about it afterwards and he said "Never leave during the last mission", and that reminded me that I knew that rule. I had left too earlier without even thinking about it.  The next time I died, I remembered that I had big rezzes in my email and big break-frees, so I was able to rez on the spot and stay alive till the end. But it could have just as easily been me it happened to. 😞 Let's run it again tomorrow so you can get it! Who's in?  😄 

I feel bad about that too.  So I'd definitely be happy to run it again tomorrow.

FWIW, the trick in the last mission is that once you take down Numina (who can rez her allies), Penny (who can mez and does lots of damage with her pet), and Posi (who does massive debuffing), the other heroes can go down really quick.  I wish I had been a little better on the details when we started the mission.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not interested in running it again tomorrow, but thanks all. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Ya lots of the old strats are about doing the fastest.  In the Malta mission, one person can stealth to the glowie while the team jumps the AV.  Then you all exit ASAP.  Or we can clear the room then get glowie.  That's really more our speed.

Does take me a while to remember what's going on as I don't do some of these TFs a lot on Homecoming.   I think on TFs like this we'd be good to pull back and get people rezzed if some get dropped. 

But if anyone needs an SG invite on Indom, remind me.  Then worst case you can jump to base and exit back to the mission door I think.  I run the old team setup, so if the buffs aren't expanded someone down in the mission looks the same as someone outside the mission.  If people need to hosp, just throw a message in the team chat so we know what's going on.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@TrixieKixx, for next week's theme, how are we looking to define nerdy? Like, a geeky scientist type of deal? Or someone who idolizes something/someone in geek/nerd culture? I may be overthinking this one a tad, but nerdy felt a bit vague to me. 😅

Edit: Actually, I just realized I have a bridal shower to be at next Saturday at 10am, so I will have to pass. I will see you all for the Morty Kal on the 21st. 🙂

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jaxman100 said:

I think we should leave the interpretation of 'nerdy' up to everyone and show up and have our submissions be a surprise.

Good idea, it allows for a broader variety of choices. I interpret it as the traditional "nerd" look that we know from movies.... schoolbookish, librarian-type, socially-awkward, unfashionable clothing. The heroes will be straight-laced goody-goodies, and the villains will be the ones that end up psychotic serial killers when they grow up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

I'll be in Orlando next weekend but will get there Friday night and test the hotel wi-fi connection on my laptop. So I'm tentative but will sign up and if I can't play I'll let you know in plenty of time.

I must be losing my mind... my sister just reminded it that our Orlando weekend isn't until the 27th! So count me in for Citadel, for sure!

• Haha 1

Sorry about yesterday, guys. I thought I was being helpful with the information I pulled together on what to do. I, personally, found it helpful and in no way was saying we needed to speed run. That's not what we're about. It was just information to help us. 

Number one rule for future WST's...do not leave the last mission unless we all die, or there are not enough of us alive to finish the mission. That will solve for being out of the mission at the end.

I wonder if @TygerDarkstormcan send in a petition to the GM's to get the badge since she has six of us to vouch for her that she was there the entire time. Or, they can see from their logs, or whatever they do to keep track of stuff? Something I was thinking about. I felt bad about the whole thing all day yesterday.

Thanks for the awesome pics, as always, @FrauleinMentaland @Midnyte

As far as the question on the nerd thing, surprise us! Everyone has their own interpretation and we all do an awesome job of costumes anyway. Have fun with it! Ok...with all that out of the way (I think I got everything!) I'll go ahead and post our missions for next week.

• Like 1

August 7th - Lord Recluse (Level 45-50 – Red Side - Grandville) - Dress as your favorite dessert; name & costume to reflect your item! 

August 14th - Citadel (Level 25-30 – Blue Side - Talos Island) - Get as nerdy as you can...costume only! 

August 21st -  Mortimer Kal (Level 25-30 – Red Side – Sharkville Isle) - Going down in a ball of flames! – Any AT that has a fire or thermal power! 

August 28th - Admiral Sutter (Level 20-40 – Blue Side – Independence Port) Red, White, and Blue Costumes – Any AT 

@TrixieKixx Tennessee Whiskey - Water Blast/TM Blaster

@Midnyte Coconut Patty - BS/Inv Brute

@TraumaTrain Cheeto Fingers - Energy Blast/Invulnerability Sentinel of Cheeto Knowledge

@Vigilant Vergil Philodenra - Plant/Psionic Dom

@TygerDarkstorm Femme Flametale - FM/RA Scrapper

@Jaxman100  Jax Vos - Dual Blades/Regen Scrapper

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I had a wakie, but when I used one before, BAB or someone kept doing a stomp attack that was one-shotting us even at the edge of the platform, so the only thing I could think to do was hosp it. Ban did the same, but I guess he got back in time to get the rewards. I didn't think the remaining AV's would go down that fast. So, it was my bad. I just don't like lying there dead when I could be helping and thought if I trained and got fireball that would help. My fault for not planning my time and understanding the fights better. 🙂

I was in the exact same situation like you and felt the same way.  Luckily this time I just made it back into the mission at the last moment to be there when it finished. But I also don't worry if I miss out on some bagde or other reward if that happens.

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

Sorry about yesterday, guys. I thought I was being helpful with the information I pulled together on what to do. I, personally, found it helpful and in no way was saying we needed to speed run. That's not what we're about. It was just information to help us. 

Number one rule for future WST's...do not leave the last mission unless we all die, or there are not enough of us alive to finish the mission. That will solve for being out of the mission at the end.

I wonder if @TygerDarkstormcan send in a petition to the GM's to get the badge since she has six of us to vouch for her that she was there the entire time. Or, they can see from their logs, or whatever they do to keep track of stuff? Something I was thinking about. I felt bad about the whole thing all day yesterday.

Thanks for the awesome pics, as always, @FrauleinMentaland @Midnyte

As far as the question on the nerd thing, surprise us! Everyone has their own interpretation and we all do an awesome job of costumes anyway. Have fun with it! Ok...with all that out of the way (I think I got everything!) I'll go ahead and post our missions for next week.

The information was helpful, and I am certainly by no means upset over what happened. I was a little bummed, but like Ban said, I got over it and am not too worried. I'm sure we'll end up running it again, and I'll get the badge eventually. I've been having a lot of issues with brain fog and my ADHD acting up lately, so I was just generally have a hard time keeping up mentally yesterday--sorry y'all!

I look forward to seeing the pics from the upcoming week's Citadel. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice pics again from yesterday, @FrauleinMental and @Midnyte. Good action shots, and I always like the close-ups of everybody. It makes it much easier to appreciate the works of art that you come up with every week. After struggling myself a little bit with making something fit to this theme, I was very much surprised that you guys apparently had a lot less trouble finding those special looks! 👍

It seemed to be a kinda Off-Week for a few of us, so therefore I came up with this brilliant title for my (short, really....) recap. I still enjoyed myself running this, even though we may remember it as the "Too Much Sugar Hurts Your Brain"-Theme Team.

Now, what do I recall, apart from decision making if this is supposed to be a speed run or not...

- The City of Hereos Strike Force Mantra: In case of doubt, follow the Tank! (I tried to do that most of the time, until I lost sight of him hiding on top of that ruined Atlas Globe... it didn't occur to me that I needed to look up! That's where confusion kicked in 🙂)

- Yes. We found a room full of doors again. All empty... even before we smashed'em. Funny thing is, one of the doors apparently struck back at an unsuspecting Demonling!

- It was a nice haul of rewards, but there are definitely easier ways than this Strike Force. Especially when you are not as familiar with running these as, say, an Imperious...

- Cookie Doughs pet names were killer! Awesome idea! 🏆 

Here are a few more pics from my collection:

Yummy Line-Up. I feel the need... the need to eat! 

owCiN2K.png

See, Umber? I got your little back detail and that cute tin-crown-that-wasn't-a-cherry nicely on film! 😉 

xHBu2Py.png

Going in...

y256ft5.png

Now about those doors...

xBbBgKD.jpg

I couldn't help but... Bababaluba Barap Bap Bap!

ssdHyJT.png

WE3aY6A.png

6G7kF1I.png

Getting prepped for the 1st wave of heroes

oEnIMbK.png

Just how The Captain likes it!

GsXEQQ1.png

Rounding up for the final mission: Everybody still looking good!

0PUk0JK.png

Finish Line. The Bananaplant and Spirit Tree standing in for Cookie and Apple...

HamqiIy.png

Lessons were learned... 

Ht2qWg8.png

Bonus Pic this time goes out to @TygerDarkstorm

UPeJvpr.png

Enjoy Real Life next week!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

You're such a riot @Bananiac🤣 I'm glad everyone seemed to enjoy my cookie dough pet names. ^_^ I didn't even realize/think about  how the henchmens' owner's name shows up under the henchmen names, so the theme worked out even more perfectly!

And, uh, it looks like we might not be going to the bridal shower this upcoming weekend, so @TrixieKixx, I will tentatively be there on The Femme Flametale - Fire/Rad Scrapper

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@TrixieKixx Hi Trix, I am not sure if I will take part this saturday, I have plans for some family time. It still is kinda unclear what we are going to do, so I am not completely out yet. But don't count on me this time.

Just in case, you can sign me up with Captain Future ( Pistols/Willpower Sentinel). The Nerd Part may need some explanation to make sense, I don't think you guys in the US are familiar with the Anime. But it will be a good one. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As it turns out, I won't be able to make it this weekend after all; we're going to that bridal shower. Have fun y'all!

Here is what I did for Femme's nerdy look:

kuRc0g1.jpg

• Like 4