Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

1 hour ago, Enigmatus said:

Man, I miss doing these. One day my Saturdays will be freed up again. In the meantime I love checking in now and again to see the pics and themed characters. Glad to see it's still going 🙂

Dude! Long time, no see! We just celebrated our 1st anniversary on 8/1/21 🙂 We're still going strong and would love for you to come join us someday. BTW, @TraumaTrainis running red side on Sundays at the same time if you get a chance to check it out. Just look in the Indomitable forums for his posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Enigmatus said:

Man, I miss doing these. One day my Saturdays will be freed up again. In the meantime I love checking in now and again to see the pics and themed characters. Glad to see it's still going 🙂

Nice hearing from you! Trixie and I were just talking about you last week, that we miss having you join us. Keep your eye 👁️ on us and come back when you can!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

As it turns out, I won't be able to make it this weekend after all; we're going to that bridal shower. Have fun y'all!

Here is what I did for Femme's nerdy look:

LOL, you must feel like a yo-yo with your plans going back and forth all week.  Great look you made there, maybe you can use it on another theme one day. Have a fun time at that shower (if you indeed wind up attending 😄 )

• Haha 3

On 8/12/2021 at 8:28 PM, Midnyte said:

LOL, you must feel like a yo-yo with your plans going back and forth all week.  Great look you made there, maybe you can use it on another theme one day. Have a fun time at that shower (if you indeed wind up attending 😄 )

Yes, I do feel like a yo-yo! And yet again! My mom and grandma then re-changed their minds and decided that we are not going tomorrow morning and so now I hope to be there if I can get Femme leveled up in time. 😅

Edit: Got Femme into a farm on Everlasting, so I will see you all tomorrow morning/afternoon. 😊

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I loved the nerd theme today! Thanks so much for taking such awesome pics again @Midnyte! It was a lot of fun too 🙂 

August 7th - Lord Recluse (Level 45-50 – Red Side - Grandville) - Dress as your favorite dessert; name & costume to reflect your item! 

August 14th - Citadel (Level 25-30 – Blue Side - Talos Island) - Get as nerdy as you can...costume only! 

August 21st -  Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - Going down in a ball of flames! – Any AT that has a fire or thermal power! 

August 28th - Admiral Sutter (Level 20-40 – Blue Side – Independence Port) Red, White, and Blue Costumes – Any AT 

@TrixieKixx Pumpkin Pie Spice - DP/Fire Blaster

@TygerDarkstorm Fire's Embrace - Fire/Savage Tanker

@Vigilant Vergil Hostia Usta - Fire/Dark Corruptor

@Midnyte Norse Goddess - Fire/TW Tanker

@Bananiac Mr O'Hallows - Plant/Fire Controller

@FrauleinMental Sister Lyra - Fire/WP Sentinel

@TraumaTrain Red-Hot - Fire/Fire Sentinel

@Jaxman100 Tano Jax - IB/FM Blaster

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thanks 1

That pick me staring at Vandal in my Dark Jedi cosplay looks like I'm thinking about turning on you lot and joining him.......

Sorry to say with any luck I'll miss next week, hoping to attend a localish small car show and make some charitable donations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We're going to my grandma's for a BBQ next Saturday, but I think Kal is short enough I might be able to squeeze it in before we leave.

I'll tentatively be there on Fire's Embrace - Fire/Savage Tanker

• Like 2

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Since @Bananiac couldn't join us today, I will do my own recap of today's Nerdy Citadel.

(btw, Ban, you may not have been with us today, but I'm pretty sure your face was channeled through Cheeto Fingers!)

@TraumaTrain: Great story. Clever and witty, as usual. Even your badge title fit the concept. And that t-shirt!
@TrixieKixx: I almost went with the shirt and tie but then decided to go for "sporty nerd" instead. Love those jeans you picked!
@Vigilant Vergil: Combat platform boots, love it!
@Jaxman100: Nothing nerdy about those pretty glowing swords. 🤩
@TygerDarkstorm: So glad you got to join us and show off that costume you made. That shower's loss was our gain!

Well, the fishheads won today as the most popular costume piece with 4/6 of us choosing those. And Rich and I had the same idea to pair up the knee-hi socks with long shorts. LOL.

Rich took the time to write some trivia for his character to share with us throughout the whole TF. 10 real facts and 10 Paragon real facts. You decide which is which! And now, without further ado, is the whole collection!

1. Cheetos were first introduced in 1948 and were invented by Charles Elmer Doolin. Ha ha... Elmer.
  2. A couple years ago, Statesman cam to my plant to sell Rikti War Bonds. While he was there, he was attacked by Knockdown! It made such a huge mess of the poof everywhere and we were shut down for two weeks to clean it up!
  3. Cheetos are made by Frito-Lay, which is a subsidiary of PepsiCo. I like Pepsi too, but working at the Cheeto plant in Kings Row is a lot more fun!
  4. A few years ago, they opened another plant in Astoria. But... it's all dark and gloomy there now and no one seems to have any contact with the people who worked there.
  5. Did you know it takes 5,000 cows to make a year's worth of Cheetos?
  6. I think Cheetos must be popular everywhere. I saw a news clip of some Rikti being taken away by Longbow guys and I SWEAR ONE OF THE RITKI HAD REALLY ORANGE FINGERS!
  7. Cheetos mascott is a really cool tiger named Chester, but the original mascott was a simple, unnamed mouse. I'll bet it was Elmer!
  8. Speaking of Cheetos! Crey Industries recently made a contract with us for 3000 cases! They must really like Cheetos!
  9. Back in 2001 there was a flavor named Cheetos Mystery Colorz. They were supposed to turn your tongue orange! I should change my name to Cheeto Tongue! Ha ha!
  10. Oh! Last year there was this small time villain dude named Green Gobbler tried to turn all of our product green! What a loser! I think he's a Manticore villain.
  11. I head Vandal on TV once. He was trying so hard to sound like Bane from Batman!
  12. You like Flamin' Hot Cheetos? They were invented by a janitor at a Cheetos plant in Kansas City!
  13. did you know Hero 1 took a bag of Cheetos with him when Omega Team went off to the Rikti home world? It was my favorite flavor too! Jalapeno Cheddar!
  14. Did you know the annual retail sales of Cheetos worldwide is about $4 billion?!
  15. The World's Largest Cheeto weighed 8 tons and was presented in Galaxy City! A lot of people deny the claim though because it was made up of 100,000 individual Cheetos glued together.
  16. Cheese and Bacon Balls! Ha ha! That's the only flavor being sold in Australia at this time!
  17. Do you think they have Cheetos in Praetoria? It would be kind of sad if they don't. What do you think they have instead? I feel bad for those people now... 😞
  18. It takes 19 minutes to make each batch of Cheetos at the plant in Kings Row!
  19. I heard Dr. Vahzilok uses Cheetos poof in his resurrection potions. Do you think that's true. I hope not... That would just be wrong!
  20. One time, I was attacked by some of those crazy weird plant creatures in Talos. They almost got me but I was able to escape by throwing a bag of Flamin' Hots at 'em! Sooo now I always carry an extra bag.
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

Since @Bananiac couldn't join us today, I will do my own recap of today's Nerdy Citadel.

(btw, Ban, you may not have been with us today, but I'm pretty sure your face was channeled through Cheeto Fingers!)

@TraumaTrain: Great story. Clever and witty, as usual. Even your badge title fit the concept. And that t-shirt!
@TrixieKixx: I almost went with the shirt and tie but then decided to go for "sporty nerd" instead. Love those jeans you picked!
@TygerDarkstorm: So glad you got to join us and show off that costume you made. That shower's loss was our gain!

Well, the fishheads won today as the most popular costume piece with 4/6 of us choosing those. And Rich and I had the same idea to pair up the knee-hi socks with long shorts. LOL.

Fishheads?

• Confused 1

This was a great way to nerd-out on a Saturday!  I'm not sure how well my Original Sister Psyche cosplay fit in with the theme/rest of the group.

I hope to be there next week with my Fire/Dark Corruptor, Hostia Usta, so I'll see you all there as we burn our way through Mortimer Kai.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2021 at 6:37 PM, TrixieKixx said:

August 21st -  Mortimer Kal (Level 25-30 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - Going down in a ball of flames! – Any AT that has a fire or thermal power! 

Sign me up with my TW/fire tanker, Norse Goddess. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, I have so many fiery sleeper-toons that I would like to play more, this was a really hard decision!

@TrixieKixx: I think this is a good time to show Mr O'Hallows some love again (going back to the roots  with a Plant/Fire Controller... Or could be Fire/Plant, not sure right now 🤔)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

17 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Oh man, I have so many fiery sleeper-toons that I would like to play more, this was a really hard decision!

@TrixieKixx: I think this is a good time to show Mr O'Hallows some love again (going back to the roots  with a Plant/Fire Controller... Or could be Fire/Plant, not sure right now 🤔)

Sleeper-toon, I like that word. I haven't used fire much. I've used ice a LOT and I think that's reflected from my love of cold weather and snow. There's just something about cold iciness that gives me a thrill. Mr. O'Hallows, yay! I remember last year when you won the contest with him. 🙂 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I just realized...Mortimer Kal is not a WST this week.

OMG! I have serious brain fog right now and keep messing things up. I had Sharkhead Isle as Sharkville Isle for the first two weeks the notifications were up 😄 Thanks for pointing it out!!! I'll change it to the correct SF.

Ok...so, we switch gears. since we said Level 25-30, and I'm sure that's what everyone was planning on...how about we do Silver Mantis instead? It's still red side and all will be well. 🙂 

• Haha 3

Here are our themes for the month of September! Hopefully, I didn't mess up any of the dates or locations this time! Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. If anyone needs help leveling up a toon, let one of us know and we can help PL you if you'd like.

September 4th -  Operative Renault (Level 25-30 - Red Side: Sharkhead Isle) Name & Costume to reflect your favorite song 
September 11th - Numina (Level 35-40 - Blue Side: Founders Falls) Free for All  for the 20th Anniversary of 9/11...Any AT/ Any costume / Any name...you choose 

September 18th - Dr. Kahn (Level 45-50 - Blue Side: Founders Falls) Any AT that has a pet...this includes Incarnate Lore pets! 

September 25th - Tree of Thorns Respec #2 (Trepsarciel) (Level 34-43 - Red Side: Nerva Archipelago) Beach Day! Dress up in your favorite beach wear...just be careful of those thorns! Any AT 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2021 at 6:29 AM, Midnyte said:

Rich took the time to write some trivia for his character to share with us throughout the whole TF. 10 real facts and 10 Paragon real facts. You decide which is which! And now, without further ado, is the whole collection!

1. Cheetos were first introduced in 1948 and were invented by Charles Elmer Doolin. Ha ha... Elmer.
  2. A couple years ago, Statesman cam to my plant to sell Rikti War Bonds. While he was there, he was attacked by Knockdown! It made such a huge mess of the poof everywhere and we were shut down for two weeks to clean it up!
  3. Cheetos are made by Frito-Lay, which is a subsidiary of PepsiCo. I like Pepsi too, but working at the Cheeto plant in Kings Row is a lot more fun!
  4. A few years ago, they opened another plant in Astoria. But... it's all dark and gloomy there now and no one seems to have any contact with the people who worked there.
  5. Did you know it takes 5,000 cows to make a year's worth of Cheetos?
  6. I think Cheetos must be popular everywhere. I saw a news clip of some Rikti being taken away by Longbow guys and I SWEAR ONE OF THE RITKI HAD REALLY ORANGE FINGERS!
  7. Cheetos mascott is a really cool tiger named Chester, but the original mascott was a simple, unnamed mouse. I'll bet it was Elmer!
  8. Speaking of Cheetos! Crey Industries recently made a contract with us for 3000 cases! They must really like Cheetos!
  9. Back in 2001 there was a flavor named Cheetos Mystery Colorz. They were supposed to turn your tongue orange! I should change my name to Cheeto Tongue! Ha ha!
  10. Oh! Last year there was this small time villain dude named Green Gobbler tried to turn all of our product green! What a loser! I think he's a Manticore villain.
  11. I head Vandal on TV once. He was trying so hard to sound like Bane from Batman!
  12. You like Flamin' Hot Cheetos? They were invented by a janitor at a Cheetos plant in Kansas City!
  13. did you know Hero 1 took a bag of Cheetos with him when Omega Team went off to the Rikti home world? It was my favorite flavor too! Jalapeno Cheddar!
  14. Did you know the annual retail sales of Cheetos worldwide is about $4 billion?!
  15. The World's Largest Cheeto weighed 8 tons and was presented in Galaxy City! A lot of people deny the claim though because it was made up of 100,000 individual Cheetos glued together.
  16. Cheese and Bacon Balls! Ha ha! That's the only flavor being sold in Australia at this time!
  17. Do you think they have Cheetos in Praetoria? It would be kind of sad if they don't. What do you think they have instead? I feel bad for those people now... 😞
  18. It takes 19 minutes to make each batch of Cheetos at the plant in Kings Row!
  19. I heard Dr. Vahzilok uses Cheetos poof in his resurrection potions. Do you think that's true. I hope not... That would just be wrong!
  20. One time, I was attacked by some of those crazy weird plant creatures in Talos. They almost got me but I was able to escape by throwing a bag of Flamin' Hots at 'em! Sooo now I always carry an extra bag.

I just now took a few minutes time to read through this. @Midnyte, you did a fantastic job of recapping this, thank you for taking the effort. It's great to see that this is continued, I like to think of of it as becoming part of Theme Team Tradition 😁

Also, Cheetos seemed to be a dominant Topic. Reading through Rich's List of Obscure Facts about Cheetos makes me wonder what kind of Superadine-flavored-Cheetos he is taking.... 😉

• Haha 4

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

17 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

OMG! I have serious brain fog right now and keep messing things up. I had Sharkhead Isle as Sharkville Isle for the first two weeks the notifications were up 😄 Thanks for pointing it out!!! I'll change it to the correct SF.

Ok...so, we switch gears. since we said Level 25-30, and I'm sure that's what everyone was planning on...how about we do Silver Mantis instead? It's still red side and all will be well. 🙂 

That works fine for me, my fire tanker needs that badge too. She has not come out to play very often.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 6:27 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

We're going to my grandma's for a BBQ next Saturday, but I think Kal is short enough I might be able to squeeze it in before we leave.

I'll tentatively be there on Fire's Embrace - Fire/Savage Tanker

The BBQ got canceled, so I'll for sure be there. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2