Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

Awesome pics everyone! I can't believe I forgot to change my backstory to villain side...oh, well 😄 I'm so excited for next week's theme of Oktoberfest! Have fun with it!

October 9 – Apex (Level 50+Alpha – Heroes & Villains: Rikti War Zone) Oktoberfest! Food, drink, or festival appropriate costume...let's celebrate! Any AT 

So we are really doing it! 🙂 

I don't know how much each of you know about this, besides that it's an excellent excuse to drink voracious amounts of excellent german beer out of ridicoulously large glasses.

So this paragraph from Wikipedia sums it up really well, to give you some context. And maybe some inspiration about possible costumes.

The Oktoberfest (German pronunciation: [ɔkˈtoːbɐˌfɛst]) is the world's largest Volksfest (beer festival and travelling funfair). It is held annually in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It is a 16- to 18-day folk festival running from mid- or late September to the first Sunday in October, with more than six million people from around the world attending the event every year. Locally, it is called d’Wiesn, after the colloquial name for the fairgrounds, Theresienwiese. The Oktoberfest is an important part of Bavarian culture, having been held since the year 1810. Other cities across the world also hold Oktoberfest celebrations that are modeled after the original Munich event.

During the event, large quantities of Oktoberfest Beer are consumed. During the 16-day festival in 2013, for example, 7.7 million litres (66,000 US bbl; 1,700,000 imp gal) were served. Visitors also enjoy numerous attractions, such as amusement rides, sidestalls, and games. There is also a wide variety of traditional foods available.

The Munich Oktoberfest originally took place in the 16-day period leading up to the first Sunday in October. In 1994, this longstanding schedule was modified in response to German reunification. As such, if the first Sunday in October falls on the 1st or the 2nd, then the festival would run until 3 October (German Unity Day). Thus, the festival now runs for 17 days when the first Sunday is 2 October and 18 days when it is 1 October. 

There are currently fourteen large tents and twenty small tents at the Oktoberfest. The tents are wooden[54] non-permanent structures which are constructed for and only used during the festival.

Talking about beer, here are some facts about the brewery privileges associated with the Oktoberfest:

Only beer conforming to the Reinheitsgebot, and brewed within the city limits of Munich, can be served at the Munich Oktoberfest.

Beers meeting these criteria are designated Oktoberfest Beer although the name 'Oktoberfest beer' also denotes two distinct beer styles: a traditional Märzen lager and a paler Festbier that is now more commonly served at Oktoberfest itself.

The breweries that can produce Oktoberfest beer under the aforementioned criteria are:

And yes, the Hofbräu also relates to the brewery running the famous Munich Hofbräu Haus.

Typical food that is served at most of the tents:

- Backhendl (Roast Chicken)

- Schweinsbraten (Roast Pork)

- Kaiserschmarrn (this is not translatable really)

- Schweinshaxe (Roast Pork Knuckle)

- Brotzeitbrettl (a wooden board stacked with sausage, ham, bacon, cheese, onions, pickles and radish, served with slices of bread)

So maybe that gives you a few ideas. 

For the record: last year and this year the Oktoberfest was cancelled due to obvious reasons...

• Thanks 3

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

12 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Awesome pics everyone! I can't believe I forgot to change my backstory to villain side...oh, well 😄 I'm so excited for next week's theme of Oktoberfest! Have fun with it!

Well, you know how Midnyte gets grumpy when her cohorts set to engage in some silly thing. But due to an ongoing gripe with Battle Maiden and also heavily pursuing her souvenir collection, she has agreed to partake in this event anyway. Besides, she never says no to a genuine German beer. So with a roll of her demonic eyes, she is piecing together a proper bar wench outfit.   Please enroll Midnyte - Dark/Willpower Brute

15 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

It's that magickal time of year 👻 🧛‍♀️  Starts today!

image.png.f1c41766df525d03753b06bd3d8bc8df.png

@Midnyte Thanks so much for the information! Woo hoo! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Complete darkness for two weeks is also awesome for ghosts in Croatoa!!!

BTW, thanks so much for letting use your base for a few days. I've now created my own 🙂 

Thanks for the info on the new badge, @FrauleinMental That means that everyone that I've done this on now has to do it again 😞 Looking on the bright side, this means I don't have to check every single toon to see who has it and who doesn't. ETA: Wait a minute! Is the new badge in Dr. Kane's House of Horrors? Or it's just a new badge? Have you seen what's new in HoH?

@Bananiac That has got to be my favorite movie of ALL time! I have so many Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise 🙂 

Edited by TrixieKixx

9 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

BTW, thanks so much for letting use your base for a few days. I've now created my own 🙂 

You're welcome, visit my Indom base sometime, Midnight Dames,... it is similar to Midnight Ladies on Excelsior but a lot more developed.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

You're welcome, visit my Indom base sometime, Midnight Dames,... it is similar to Midnight Ladies on Excelsior but a lot more developed.

I will do so! You'll have to come visit mine too. I named the one on Excelsior "Wicked Wonders" 🙂 There's so much more I want to build now that I understand the commands to do things; however, that's gonna have to wait until after the event. I really, really hope people show up on Indom for this! 

1 minute ago, TrixieKixx said:

I will do so! You'll have to come visit mine too. I named the one on Excelsior "Wicked Wonders" 🙂 There's so much more I want to build now that I understand the commands to do things; however, that's gonna have to wait until after the event. I really, really hope people show up on Indom for this! 

Cute name! And yeah, that happens to me too during a seasonal event, everything else goes to the back burner temporarily. btw, the spreadsheet I sent you has a whole section for Halloween event and winter event but I keep them hidden on the off-seasons to make the page less scrolling. so unhide the whole thing to find the event sections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

Thanks for the info on the new badge, @FrauleinMental That means that everyone that I've done this on now has to do it again 😞 Looking on the bright side, this means I don't have to check every single toon to see who has it and who doesn't. ETA: Wait a minute! Is the new badge in Dr. Kane's House of Horrors? Or it's just a new badge? Have you seen what's new in HoH?

It's a new badge within the TF, for defeating The Black Whip outside the mansion.  We'll probably know more by the time Theme Team runs it, but here's what's on the wiki now:

Before any character enters the haunted house, an optional boss may be spawned and fought. First, speak to the Devil Girl in the graveyard to the left of the house. Then speak to the Bored Gal (Madame Maven) and Bored Guy (Halox Von Horn) in the gazebos on opposite sides of the mansion. Finally, return to the Devil Girl and fight The Black Whip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

Cute name! And yeah, that happens to me too during a seasonal event, everything else goes to the back burner temporarily. btw, the spreadsheet I sent you has a whole section for Halloween event and winter event but I keep them hidden on the off-seasons to make the page less scrolling. so unhide the whole thing to find the event sections.

Thank you so much for letting me know that. I think I may take advantage of the event and log all my toons on the spreadsheet while checking to see which badges they have.

15 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

It's a new badge within the TF, for defeating The Black Whip outside the mansion.  We'll probably know more by the time Theme Team runs it, but here's what's on the wiki now:

Ok...so we do have to do it on all our toons that already have it if we want to be completionists. Thanks for letting me know. I've been looking for it on the homecoming forums and should've just googled it 😄 

3 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Thank you so much for letting me know that. I think I may take advantage of the event and log all my toons on the spreadsheet while checking to see which badges they have.

Great idea! It will be easy for you to find, because I left the event titles in place. It's row 257. There are 26 badges altogether, and now this year's new one makes 27. 😮 
image.png.03f05c1b61f011b297262091046947db.png

Here is how I use mine. When a forming team is announced, you want to be quick to choose a character so you have time to switch and then ask to join. So I use different color codings to see who needs what as fast as possible.

Characters with the whole column greyed have completed all 26 and don't need to be looked at. The yellow cells are high priority that I want to focus on first (usually incomplete from previous season). Also, for any badge that is a numerical count like the costumes badges, I keep the number filled in the cell, because it's helpful to see at a quick glance.  (Notice last year I had a couple characters who only needed one more banner! Grrr.....)

Enjoy, and let me know if you come up with any of your own tips. 

image.png.f25f006e3ca007a78275ac320c24e1c7.png

And lastly, sorry to take up space in this thread with badge tracking talk. This would be better talked about in a different section of the forum, but well, here it is.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@TrixieKixx Hey Trixx, I am not sure what our family plans are for saturday, so make me a conditional again for now. 

I'd love to take part, tho, as I have been the one pushing for this theme 🙂 It is also something to look forward to, which helps to keep me upright right now...

I prepped my toon Dark Anaesthetist now and transmogrified him into a representation of a faboulous bavarian masterpiece, the Augustiner Dark!

Best thing: I would say even the powersets fit the theme appropriately with Mind Control / Empathy!

Hope to see you all there for a nice "Oans! Zwoa! Gsuffa!" - One! Two! Drink!🍻

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

1 hour ago, Bananiac said:

Hope to see you all there for a nice "Oans! Zwoa! Gsuffa!" - One! Two! Drink!🍻

Hey wouldn't it be fun to get a picture of us all yelling that as our battle cry.... LOL.  Hope you can join us, Ban!

• Haha 2