Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

On 10/16/2021 at 1:12 PM, TrixieKixx said:

October 30 – Dr. Kane's House of Horrors – Pocket D – Level 15 or higher...we'll make a separate thread for this one closer to the time. We'll play from noon EST to whenever we feel like taking a break. We'll have teams of four (that's the max) and everyone will sign up for a time slot. We need to make sure there's someone who knows what they are doing on each team

I will make a separate thread for this. Maybe we'll have two teams of four? I'm sure we can find extras who want to do it. I'm not sure how long it takes though so I'm not sure how long to make the time slots. Can someone help a girl out? No theme for this one. Bring anyone you want to get all the badges.

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here are our themes for November so you can start preparing. I hope you have fun with the themes!

November 6 – Ms. Liberty (Level 45-50 – Blue Side: Independence Port) – Dress as your favorite band or musician! Any AT! 

November 13 – Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) – Magic! Dress in your best Circle of Thorns costume. One AT of each type!   

November 20 – Ernesto Hess (Level 25-30 – Blue Side: Striga Isle) – In honor of American Thanksgiving, dress as your favorite side dish to serve with your Turkey, Ham, or Duck! Any AT! 

November 27 – Mortimer Kal (Level 20-40 – Red Side: Sharkhead Island) –  Let's celebrate our healthcare workers and dress up in support. Doctors, Nurses, EMT's, Psychiatrists/Psychologists, Coroners, Pathologists...as long as they work in the healthcare industry. One AT of each type! 

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

I will make a separate thread for this. Maybe we'll have two teams of four? I'm sure we can find extras who want to do it. I'm not sure how long it takes though so I'm not sure how long to make the time slots. Can someone help a girl out? No theme for this one. Bring anyone you want to get all the badges.

I think two teams running simultaneously is a great idea, with each team being led by someone familiar with how to get the badges. Trixie will be one leader, of course, so we would need a volunteer to lead the parallel team (not me, I get nervous being a leader and start clicking the wrong buttons 😂).

Great idea to have no theme since we'll need to wear the Halloween costume to get the "Tricked Out" badge.

If you skip a lot of the combat and just complete the objectives (i.e, run straight to Dr. Kane, etc), a run can be done in 20 min. Including defeating the 99 zombies of course. If you do it more leisurely, I would allow closer to 30 min per run. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

Here are our themes for November so you can start preparing. I hope you have fun with the themes!

November 6 – Miss Liberty (Level 45-50 – Blue Side: Independence Port) – Dress as your favorite band or musician! Any AT! 

November 13 – Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) – Magic! Dress in your best Circle of Thorns costume. One AT of each type!   

November 20 – Ernesto Hess (Level 25-30 – Blue Side: Striga Isle) – In honor of American Thanksgiving, dress as your favorite side dish to serve with your Turkey, Ham, or Duck! Any AT! 

November 27 – Mortimer Kal (Level 20-40 – Red Side: Sharkhead Island) –  Let's celebrate our healthcare workers and dress up in support. Doctors, Nurses, EMT's, Psychiatrists/Psychologists, Coroners, Pathologists...as long as they work in the healthcare industry. One AT of each type! 

Haha, awesome, favorite side dish. I have no problem looking like a potato! 🤣 

Thanks, Trixie, for coming up with such creative themes and pairing them with the WSTs.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

All four people run at about level 29, so I've done it as quickly as 10 minutes but it might be as much as 20/25 min. for a more leisurely approach.  It's also worth noting that one of the badges requires wearing one of the overwrite costumes (temporary or otherwise) so people may want to make a pit-stop to the Halloween vendor ahead of time.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

I streamed the theme team fun today. My first time doing that. It was fun. @TrixieKixx joined me in voice chat on Discord. I learned a couple really good things. I need to turn the game sounds down. And generally not look dumb on camera.

If anyone wants to check the video out some, you can see it on my Twitch... 

If nothing else, click to my page and give me a follow.

I'll stream the Something Wicked Sunday tomorrow as well.

Great thing! I am looking forward to re-view this! 

Will see if I can hop on the discord as well next time you do this. Maybe need to figure out some audio settings to make it work though. Seemed to be very low volume for some reason that I still haven't figured out.

• Thumbs Up 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

14 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Renault Strike Force in Zombie Costumes - One AT of Each Type

Saturday, 10/23/2021

AyaGB1F.jpg

AuLYvga.jpg

That's a great recap, @Midnyte! Thanks a lot for always taking the effort to do this. 

I currently do neither find the nerve nor the time to be funny and original about it, so apologies for taking a break. Work is sucking out a lot of my energy, but I am hoping to break free from that in a few months again...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

11 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

November 6 – Miss Liberty (Level 45-50 – Blue Side: Independence Port) – Dress as your favorite band or musician! Any AT! 

That all sounds spectacular, @TrixieKixx! Although I will have to  think a bit about Thanksgiving dishes... there is no corresponding tradition here in the way there is in north america.

Another idea for a future theme: I was looking at Iron Winter and his Bio, and having watched Black Widow yesterday, how about making a Cold War Soviet Hero/Villain Team? I have seen quite a few faboulous characters running around building on such a theme, and have also made a Tank myself built on that premise (staking a claim right now, if we would decide to go for it 😉 )

People, what do you think?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Bananiac said:

That all sounds spectacular, @TrixieKixx! Although I will have to  think a bit about Thanksgiving dishes... there is no corresponding tradition here in the way there is in north america.

Another idea for a future theme: I was looking at Iron Winter and his Bio, and having watched Black Widow yesterday, how about making a Cold War Soviet Hero/Villain Team? I have seen quite a few faboulous characters running around building on such a theme, and have also made a Tank myself built on that premise (staking a claim right now, if we would decide to go for it 😉 )

Some popular side dishes here in America are Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows on top or Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Macaroni & Cheese, Cranberry Sauce, Stuffing (or some people call it dressing...oyster dressing is a favorite of mine!), yeast rolls or corn muffins, and the list goes on and on dependent on where you live. Here's a link to a gallery, with images, of 85 popular side dishes to serve at Thanksgiving!

That's a cool idea and I will 100% put it on my list. I need to start a new list because we've gone through my whole roster this last year. Rich had another idea and I should've used it for November, but we did Manticore the last time so I had to switch it up. The next time Manticore comes around, we will do it. Either he or I will put up a toon and then ALL of us will dress as the same toon. It will be a Clone theme 😄 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Theme Teamers! We were talking in game about the Incognito costume contest and that I somehow surprisingly won the Indom finalist slot with Eternal Midnight. I didn't win overall, but it was fun to win our server. In case you didn't see it, the results are here:

And here is a screenshot of the 5 of us from Indom with yours truly in the center. I could hardly believe I won! If you remember this was a costume created for Trixie's theme months ago of a dog or cat dressed as a superhero, so I made a cat dressed as Batwoman for that week. The concept fit perfectly in the Incognito theme so I didn't even have to do anything!
image.thumb.png.e859a9995177b7c05f715567a076dcfc.png

image.thumb.png.19b3fa58ce60213a3ef9ee3f17e4ea4f.png

And here is a picture of her in her normal costume with her new title 😄

image.thumb.png.04104661a2131f3fb611ca7e50431ab2.png

The best part (besides all the millions as prizes) is the giant monster fight afterwards and I got the Hell Bane badge for the elusive Caleb, among others!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Hey Theme Teamers! We were talking in game about the Incognito costume contest and that I somehow surprisingly won the Indom finalist slot with Eternal Midnight. I didn't win overall, but it was fun to win our server. In case you didn't see it, the results are here:

And here is a screenshot of the 5 of us from Indom with yours truly in the center. I could hardly believe I won! If you remember this was a costume created for Trixie's theme months ago of a dog or cat dressed as a superhero, so I made a cat dressed as Batwoman for that week. The concept fit perfectly in the Incognito theme so I didn't even have to do anything!
image.thumb.png.e859a9995177b7c05f715567a076dcfc.png

image.thumb.png.19b3fa58ce60213a3ef9ee3f17e4ea4f.png

And here is a picture of her in her normal costume with her new title 😄

image.thumb.png.04104661a2131f3fb611ca7e50431ab2.png

The best part (besides all the millions as prizes) is the giant monster fight afterwards and I got the Hell Bane badge for the elusive Caleb, among others!

That's awesome, @Midnyte! Congratulations for taking Indom, it was well overdue for one of your fabulous toons to take home a price. 

I must say I would have been totally clueless with that theme. Great job! 🏆🎯

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2021 at 8:07 AM, Bananiac said:

Don't think about it too hard, just pretend you are visiting a US family for our annual harvest celebration and you are bringing one of your favorite dishes to share with the crowd. It can be anything really that would taste great with all the other dishes! I vote for some yummy cabbage-y thing!

On 10/24/2021 at 8:07 AM, Bananiac said:

I like this idea! Since I was a little girl I've been intrigued by the romantic and often tragic mystery of Russian/Soviet culture, and it would be interesting to make another Soviet character. In The Before Time, I had a dark corruptor named Nastassya, and also a stormie named Vladimira the Great.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 2:28 AM, TrixieKixx said:

Hey @TrixieKixx, have I missed it or is the Dr Kane thread still pending? I will probably show up with Le Savant first, my Zombie/Dark MM. On any eventual 2nd run, I will just go with what I feel like playing.

Also, I ... think... this weekend we will set back the clock for DST... but that should be saturday night, so Theme Team will still be at 1800 my time in the afternoon... Need to check that, not to miss the slot again like last time that happened 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bananiac said:

Hey @TrixieKixx, have I missed it or is the Dr Kane thread still pending? I will probably show up with Le Savant first, my Zombie/Dark MM. On any eventual 2nd run, I will just go with what I feel like playing.

Also, I ... think... this weekend we will set back the clock for DST... but that should be saturday night, so Theme Team will still be at 1800 my time in the afternoon... Need to check that, not to miss the slot again like last time that happened 😆

Hi @Bananiac The thread is open here! I did make a post about it a few posts up, but maybe you didn't see it 😄 

November 6 – Ms. Liberty (Level 45-50 – Blue Side: Independence Port) – Dress as your favorite band or musician! Any AT! 

@TrixieKixx Adele Phoenix - Fire/Kin Controller

@Vigilant Vergil The-Midnight - Gravity/Radiation Controller

@Midnyte Siouxsie - Arachnos Widow

@Bananiac MARILLION - Plant / Rad Controller

@TraumaTrain Terror Volta - Radiation Armor/Psi Melee Tanker

@Jaxman100 Bourbon Neat - ??/?? Corruptor

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Kane's House of Horror Trials

Multiple badge runs

Saturday, 10/30/21

What is a Theme Team Saturday without official photos to document the event? It's a little different format than usual, since there was no costume theme, per se, so no closeups, but here I present to you a random smattering of photos from all the various runs I participated in today. We ran for 5+ hours doing this thing over and over for maximum badge-goodness. Thank you to @Vigilant Vergil, @FrauleinMental, @TraumaTrain, @Bananiac, and @TrixieKixx for running this fantastic fun-filled and productive event. I feel so fortunate to have such great friends in this game who go above and beyond to fulfill all our wishes. 🌠

XHNhak7.jpg

xQthN6y.jpg

Our stomping ground for switching characters between runs.

4z45pMR.jpg

@FrauleinMental, We got to be twinsies today! It's cool that you have more than one prestige costume (Meat Doctor and Ring Mistress, correct me if I'm wrong). I only got the one, and the last two costume contests I won, a prestige costume was not given out. 😞 

8ePF75Y.jpg

ImJ9mpr.jpg

7xqvFDq.jpg

5Qt33f7.jpg

Planning the next run!

DnKrkXv.jpg

So many levels were had today!

0hzEYeX.jpg

Great action shot of @FrauleinMental

AfuzHhg.jpg

aAL3F02.jpg

PCWUnYx.jpg

There's the Meat Doctor herself! 🙂

6pJFKfb.jpg

p1WxdOz.jpg

9KVxoYY.jpg

Y16ebGu.jpg

There must be a reason why we gals love the Carnie costumes. 

sttn3ci.jpg

I have not played this ice/ice brute in forever but I remembered how much fun ice patch is.

qkOtO0m.jpg

6zgnsMh.jpg

sRtjGGL.jpg

SxH4uTk.jpg

Qc2Ve7N.jpg

FH98Jep.jpg

VhFInZr.jpg

Am I the only one who hears the sports anthem " ♫♪ Put your hands up in the air! Put your hands up in the air! ♫♫♪♪" when the Abomination warning shows up!

bvZCSz8.jpg

Trixie getting some food, and Fraulein calling it a day.

akPhMnT.jpg

Here is when I start using characters who only need the Black Whip badge.

TjrI0TB.jpg

wScZl1h.jpg

53tYOAG.jpg

LxFCJqW.jpg

8m3SwUM.jpg

Here are most of the teams I participated in today, with many more being played simultaneously! Excellent event on Indom!

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Wow, you were farming that poor House pretty hard, Midnyte! 🙂

Not much left standing after you were done with it, eh? 

Nice shots, as usual. And thx to you guys for letting me slip in for a few runs before I had to jump.

• Haha 2

On 10/30/2021 at 3:37 PM, Vigilant Vergil said:

This is a bit of a toughie for me, my favorite bands either don't lend themselves to costumes or have names likely to be already taken.  For now, I plan on bringing a gravity/radiation controller, name and costume to be determined.

You don't necessarily have to rename your character. I was able to with mine, only because I took liberties with it (adding Phoenix at the end), kind of thinking of one of her songs "Fire to the Rain" and the fire powers she already has. Otherwise, the name Adele was already taken. Think of the overall feel of the band or musician. If you see my toon, you wouldn't automatically think she's Adele. However, I tried to get the general look/feel by searching for images of her and trying to match an outfit she had on as best I could. Just try your best and don't stress about it! 

ETA: Here's my inspiration. Attached is what I chose.

2021-11-01 (2).png

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:05 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Fun theme! I already have characters inspired by Rammstein, and then Kraftwerk, but I'll come up with something different now. Back on live, my daughter and I made a duo of Billy Idol and Joan Jett which was really fun... maybe I'll remake Joan, or maybe Nina Hagen. Or Lene Lovich, omg! LOL. So many possibilities. Or perhaps a more modern rock goddess like Taylor Momsen from The Pretty Reckless, or Floor Jansen! 😄 🤘

EDIT: @TrixieKixxSiouxsie has arrived in Paragon City 🙂  Arachnos Widow.

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thumbs Up 2