Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

11 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

I was going to try to set up the January themes; however, I don't see that the calendars have been updated. I'm not sure where the new SF/TF (Dr Aeon) comes into play so am not sure how to proceed for next year. 😞 If anyone has seen anything, please let me know!

The week of 7-13 March has been changed just like the week of 6-12 December was, but nothing else has changed in the calendar.  They may have decided to modify the cycle only minimally.  Since Ice Mistral was previously in the cycle twice (because there aren't as many SFs as TFs), it's not as big an issue to replace one of its instances with Dr Aeon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the awesome time today, fellow Themers! Just a reminder that we will take next Saturday off to spend time with our families for the Christmas holiday (for those that celebrate!) That's why I usually say Happy Holidays, as you don't know who celebrates which holiday. 

Once Midnyte has this week's pics up, I will post our themes for January. I apologize in advance as there's a lot of blue side; however, I try to mix things up and we've done a lot of red side the last few rounds. I started tracking our themes and WST's in January 2021...so hard to believe!

If I don't see you before then, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, (Hannukah has already passed, but Happy Belated Hannukah), Boxing Day, Ōmisoka, and Happy New Year's Eve!!! If I missed a holiday you celebrate, Happy Holidays!!!

XOXOXO

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awesome shots, as always, Midnyte! I love the action shot when I'm jumping to the obelisk, but Jax is always there before me 😄 

Jan 1 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15; Blue Side: Steel Canyon) Retro Sci-Fi Tropes/Cliches (Umber's idea) One AT of each type 

Jan 8 - Tin Mage Mark II (Level 50 +Alpha; Heroes & Villains: Rikti War Zone) Cold War Soviet (Bananiac's idea) Any AT 

Jan 15 – Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) Retro costumes...your choice of decade. Any AT 

Jan 22 – Imperious (Level 35-50; Blue Side: Cimerora) The Gods and Love of Ancient Egypt (Bananiac's idea) Any AT 

Jan 29 – Penelope Yin (Level 20-25; Blue Side: Independence Port) Get your freak on...NSFW edition! All Dark powers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Awesome shots, as always, Midnyte! I love the action shot when I'm jumping to the obelisk, but Jax is always there before me 😄 

Yes, I love that shot too! LOL about Jax beating you to it every time. 😄 

• Haha 1

Going first here, due to the fact that the main event over here is actually christmas eve.... aaaaand I also have a head start of at least 6h to any of you!

Merry Christmas, hope you all have a nice and peaceful holiday, get together with your loved ones and generally alroundly totally enjoy what you are doing!

[insert picture of awesome christmas tree here] 

I can't say how much I enjoyed every minute of playing this game with you all, you are great and entertaining folks to be around! 👏

See ya in 22!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Merry Christmas everyone! I second @Bananiac 's thoughts. I adore playing with all of you and look forward to a wonderful 2022 and new themes!

Unfortunately, hubby and I caught colds for Christmas (at least that's what we assume since there are no Covid tests to go around). Luckily we are vaxx'd and boosted, so if we do have it, we'll be super immune! Woo hoo! We are playing better safe than sorry and have cancelled all plans with friends.

If I don't sleep for 12 hours again, I may join you tomorrow...if there is a Wicked Sunday 😄 

Much love to all of you!!! XOXOXO

• Like 2

Merry Christmas, folks!  It has been wonderful fun to be welcomed into this for the past several months.  Best of luck you all in the coming year.

FWIW, if anyone happens to be on or around tomorrow, I might hop on my widow to do miscellaneous villain stuff (doing low level Mayhem missions for defeat badges, doing zone events in Bloody Bay/Warburg, etc.), so drop a line if you're interested in joining.

Edited by Vigilant Vergil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jan 1 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15; Blue Side: Steel Canyon) Retro Sci-Fi Tropes/Cliches (Umber's idea) One AT of each type 

Jan 8 - Tin Mage Mark II (Level 50 +Alpha; Heroes & Villains: Rikti War Zone) Cold War Soviet (Bananiac's idea) Any AT 

Jan 15 – Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) Retro costumes...your choice of decade. Any AT 

Jan 22 – Imperious (Level 35-50; Blue Side: Cimerora) The Gods and Love of Ancient Egypt (Bananiac's idea) Any AT 

Jan 29 – Penelope Yin (Level 20-25; Blue Side: Independence Port) Get your freak on...NSFW edition! All Dark powers 

@TrixieKixx The Seeds of Aurora, Plant/Fire Dominator

@Jaxman100  Jax Dredd, Dual Pistols/Traps Corruptor

@TraumaTrain Doctor Spaceman, Psychic Blast/Mental Manipulation Blaster

@Vigilant Vergil Saxum, Stone/Fire Tank

@Bananiac Amphibian Man, Water/Regen Sentinel

@Midnyte Earth Girls Are Easy, Psi/WP Brute

@FrauleinMental Cosmique - Peacebringer (tentative)

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1

Hi @TrixieKixx, I am sending, Amphibian Man, Water/Regen Sentinel. My poor man's version of The Swamp Thing.

And somebody please help me out with the Spaceman reference above.... I don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

1 hour ago, Bananiac said:

And somebody please help me out with the Spaceman reference above.... I don't get it.

The name itself, Doctor Spaceman, is a reference from the funniest sitcom ever: 30 Rock.

Dr. Spaceman was a character who showed up every so often to offer meds and medical help to some of the other characters on the show. The humor was in how his name was pronounced and the initial disbelief that he existed.

But I always thought the name Doctor Spaceman was good for a traditional, 1950s sci-fi sort of character. And that's how I've always used him in game.

My original Doctor Spaceman was an illusion control controller and was my first 50 controller back on live. On Homecoming, I made him a psi blaster.

There's no connection between my Doctor Spaceman and 30 Rock's Dr. Spaceman.

Or is there...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for joining our New Year's Day WST everyone! That was a ton of fun! And thanks to Rich for leading.

@TrixieKixx The Seeds of Aurora, Plant/Fire Dominator

@Jaxman100  Jax Dredd, Dual Pistols/Traps Corruptor

@TraumaTrain Doctor Spaceman, Psychic Blast/Mental Manipulation Blaster

@Vigilant Vergil Saxum, Stone/Fire Tank

@Bananiac Amphibian Man, Water/Regen Sentinel

@FrauleinMental Cosmique - Peacebringer

Look at all the badges at the end!!! I think there may be a bug?

777443436_2022-01-01(01).jpg.d5443473879d8452a07d7bba7d4c2fc4.jpg

2022-01-01 (03).jpg

2022-01-01 (04).jpg

2022-01-01 (05).jpg

2022-01-01 (06).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TrixieKixx Purple Rayne, Water Blast/Storm Summoning Corruptor

@FrauleinMental Cosmique, Peacebringer

@Midnyte Midnyte, Dark Melee/Willpower Brute

@Vigilant Vergil Cherenkov's Ghost, Kin/Energy Stalker

@Bananiac Kapitan Soviet, Shield/Energy Tank

Edited by TrixieKixx