Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

I absolutely positively have never heard of this before, but immediately love it! Looking at youtube right now at hours upon hours of samplings of their songs... that will be a ToDo for when I get a little time off everything else and wanna clear my mind! 🙂

Personally, I am thinking of something more recent in this here...

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Funnily enough, I just discovered the Residents.  There was a neat piece in the Economist about them just the other week:  https://www.economist.com/books-and-arts/2022/01/08/after-50-years-the-residents-are-still-on-the-road#.

But, I'm with Ban on that one:  when I hear that line for a song, I think of the Killers' song (possibly because it was on the radio a lot at the time?).

Edited by Vigilant Vergil

That's amazing that the Residents are still touring, I had no idea. I think of them as an oddity of my youth. Thanks for the article link. And have fun exploring, @Bananiac. 😊

As much as I love The Killers, I didn't think of their song which is When YOU Were Young. The Residents song is When WE Were Young. 🙂

Have fun today, everyone, I'm going to have to cancel my reservation again. I miss you all!

• Sad 2

Jan 15 – Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) Retro costumes...your choice of decade. Any AT 

@TrixieKixx Tator Tots, Thugs/Time Manipulation MM

@FrauleinMental Fraulein Mental, Mind/Kin Controller

@Jaxman100 Tendo, Water/Cold Corruptor

@TraumaTrain Spider Smasher, Street Justice/Invulnerability Scrapper

@Vigilant Vergil Commenticia, Illusion/FF Controller

@Bananiac Dark Anaesthetist, Mind/Emp Controller

These were the only pics I got today. I was kind of distracted and forgot to hit Print Screen. Great job everyone...that was a pretty smooth WST today! I think we may do an all Controller / Corruptor theme in February 😄 I'm so sorry you had to miss today, @Midnyte I didn't know you had signed up until someone asked and then said you had to cancel. We miss you too and hope you get back to us soon!

2022-01-15 (3).jpg

2022-01-15 (5).jpg

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 2

Jan 1 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15; Blue Side: Steel Canyon) Retro Sci-Fi Tropes/Cliches (Umber's idea) One AT of each type 

Jan 8 - Tin Mage Mark II (Level 50 +Alpha; Heroes & Villains: Rikti War Zone) Cold War Soviet (Bananiac's idea) Any AT 

Jan 15 – Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) Retro costumes...your choice of decade. Any AT 

Jan 22 – Imperious (Level 35-50; Blue Side: Cimerora) The Gods and Love of Ancient Egypt (Bananiac's idea) Any AT 

Jan 29 – Penelope Yin (Level 20-25; Blue Side: Independence Port) Get your freak on...NSFW edition! All Dark powers 

@TrixieKixx TBD

@Vigilant Vergil Nebet-Het, Dual Blades Stalker

@Jaxman100 Aurora Dawnfire, Storm/Ice Blast Defender

@Bananiac Scarablade, Dual Blades / Earth Brute

Edited by TrixieKixx

I always love the Shadow Shard TFs!  I do have the habit of rushing through to the end in the final mission, but I got hung up on terrain/mobs more frequently (and forgot I usually pop a whole column of +Def/+Res) so I account for 3 of our team's 5 defeats. 🙂

screenshot_220115-12-03-57a.thumb.jpg.6c6f211a6bdd3be310c93d8b88a34cc0.jpg

Our starting lineup!  As an added layer of mischief, I'm taking the role of quest-giver. 🙂

screenshot_220115-12-14-49a.thumb.jpg.a48b3d86330c38b9b604caa6dcef849c.jpg

I think this is the aftermath of the first room that was filled to the walls with enemies.

screenshot_220115-13-31-16a.thumb.jpg.fea12154efdfe90ffb6333762d022680.jpg

On the hunt for Nemesis...again.  This hunt was way easier than the initial one, when they were hiding.

screenshot_220115-13-45-34a.thumb.jpg.92ee92f399743a5047055534a9922feb.jpg

Mission complete!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/15/2022 at 12:57 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Jan 22 – Imperious (Level 35-50; Blue Side: Cimerora) The Gods and Love of Ancient Egypt (Bananiac's idea) Any AT 

Thinking I should bring out my Storm/Ice Blast Defender - Aurora Dawnfire.  As mummified god who was awoken once her power imbued items were placed on her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Guys! I may not be able to make it tomorrow morning. I haven’t been able to sleep well this week and am exhausted. I’m going to try to sleep in. If I can’t, hopefully I’ll find a toon I can throw a quick costume on as I’ve had no time. If I can sleep late, I won’t be there. We’ll see!

• Sad 3

Well Umber, Ban and I picked up a tanker and Sentinel roaming around in zone and smacked down some Romans. 

Here's a shot of my Stormie in her mummy wraps and spare parts in her basket.   And my 'Bird God' Broot I dressed up incase we needed something tanky.

ITF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hope everyone who had real life give a less-than-welcomed turn get better soon; you were missed.

My stalker kept Ban company in the defeated teammates category more than a few times (dual blade Khopesh solidarity, I suppose?), but all's well that ends well: got a happy number of levels (a whopping five and a half) thanks to the WTF status.

Next week I'll try to bring [CENSORED], a Dark/Dark Controller, to our Yin.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi folks, let me do a little housekeeping here...

@Vigilant Vergil Nebet-Het, Dual Blades Stalker

@Jaxman100 Aurora Dawnfire, Storm/Ice Blast Defender

@Bananiac Scarablade, Dual Blades / Earth Brute

We were few, but we were mighty!

The starting line-up of theme team regulars. Everybody very nicely In-Theme 💖

GbQgfPa.png

Jax leading the charge

PpMBysa.png

Umber with 1st claim at Dual Khopesh

b5GMeea.png

And myself, pitching in more slicing

dhcJelH.png

We had 2 more guests joining this time, shoutout to Electroman and Atomic Thug Buster!

ZPE6wiK.png

...and I think this is what Umber was talking about above 🙂

XjZ6S0b.png

Boy, what a pain switching on all the earth toggles again afterwards...

Hope that everybody is doing well and we get to see you again next week!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday guys, but I did get some glorious sleep over the last two nights. I almost feel human again 😄 I'm so glad you were able to pick up a couple more people to round out the WST! I love all your costumes...they were much different than I imagined and are awesome! I'll work on the Themes for February this morning.

Jan 1 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15; Blue Side: Steel Canyon) Retro Sci-Fi Tropes/Cliches (Umber's idea) One AT of each type 

Jan 8 - Tin Mage Mark II (Level 50 +Alpha; Heroes & Villains: Rikti War Zone) Cold War Soviet (Bananiac's idea) Any AT 

Jan 15 – Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) Retro costumes...your choice of decade. Any AT 

Jan 29 – Penelope Yin (Level 20-25; Blue Side: Independence Port) Get your freak on...NSFW edition! All Dark powers 

@TrixieKixx Dark Ambrosia, Illusion Control/Darkness Affinity Controller

@Vigilant Vergil [CENSORED], Dark/Dark Controller

@TraumaTrain Deep Web, Dark Control/Dark Ass Dominator

@Bananiac Chainbow, Archery/Dark Sentinel

@Jaxman100 Captain Jax, Necromancy/Dark Miasma MM and Kai Flint, Thermal Radiation/Dark Blast Defender

@Midnyte Midnyte - Dark/WP Brute

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1

Here are our February Themes! Please let me know if you see anything wrong. I went by the WST calendar on this site for February and hope I got everything right 🙂 I can always use another set of eyes though.

Feb 5 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50; Red Side: Grandville) Any AT! Bring your best evil costume!  

Feb 12 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) Let's lock this down with all Controller/Dominator AT's! In honor of Valentine's Day, let's have pink, red, and/or white romantic costumes! 

Feb 19 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Hero or Villain: Rikti War Zone) Any AT! Junk Food costume theme! Chips & Dip? Donuts? French Fries? Pizza? Chocolate Covered Bacon? So many ideas!!!!  

Feb 26 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) Any AT! The costume theme is Clones! I will let Rich send out something super simple for all of us to look exactly the same since it is his idea from long, long ago 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/23/2022 at 6:17 PM, TrixieKixx said:

@TrixieKixx Dark Ambrosia, Illusion Control/Darkness Affinity Controller

@Vigilant Vergil [CENSORED], Dark/Dark Controller

@TraumaTrain Deep Web, Dark Control/Dark Ass Dominator

Hi @TrixieKixx, sign me up for Penny with Chainbow, Archery/Dark Sentinel.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Howdy folks... finally reporting in from Neverland. It really sucked having to miss all those theme weeks. Sat noon is just a cumbersome time for me to be on my computer with the things I need to be taking care of. I wish we were a nighttime group! 😄 I know that probably wouldn't work for some of you though. So it's all good. I'm going to try to schedule it in again on a weekly basis like before. 

For Yin, I will bring my newbie sentinel, Midnight, Dark Blast/Energy Aura in appropriately inappropriate attire.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2