Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

4 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

So y'all, I'm trying to make hippie costumes, and like, CoH just wasn't designed for the sort of authentic hippie look, lol. I am super curious now to see what everyone else is going to come up with for this theme. I think I will have to forsake authenticity and settle for a close facsimile, lol.

I mostly agree. If it's any help this is what I'm bring so feel free to draw on it for inspiration:

image.png.198ca143c89e5efd1938365d3ced3205.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

@TrixieKixx I plan to be there on Hippie Hailey - Plant/Psy Dominator

@Burnt Umber Yes! to your last paragraph there. That thought actually occurred to me this morning after entering the trial and there was no minimap and I could not fly. I felt dumb for not thinking to ask for a plan given I was unfamiliar with that trial. I usually ask what needs to be done. Jax is also a bit of a hard tank to follow. 😅 He's one of those players who's always moving around and darts all about, so I kept getting myself lost trying to follow and figure out what was going on. So I admittedly ran off a few times to take on packs of the easier guys just to see what my dom was capable of if I laid my tricks out right. Next week I will need a refresher of how Hess works, please. 🙂 

Cute name, Tyger!

I hate when there is no map. Ugh. In this case, I think most of us did not know what to expect. I know for sure I have not done this trial in the Now Time.

I have a tendency to just click on Jax's name and hit F to take me straight to him. 

I totally understand testing your toon on easier groups. I am guilty of some of that myself. That's why we're a casual group and not hardcore by the book. I think it's why we have lasted almost 2 years. 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 6:34 PM, FrauleinMental said:

It can be done with 5, but 4 is pushing it.  Everyone needs at least 3 Ambrosia inspirations for the Crystal Titan fight (they're like EoEs against Hami); they're available on the AH, or the last hall before the Titan the DEs drop them.  (It's good to sweep a bunch of them anyway to clear some space near the Titan, and the Ambrosia usually sell for a decent amount on AH.)  With flight and ATT (or Teleport Target, which I also have), the bare minimum is fighting the two Walls and the Titan.  They also expanded the level range in the last Page patch, so bring your 50s.

Thank you for your excellent input on the Eden trial. We have missed your experience and knowledge!

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

I mostly agree. If it's any help this is what I'm bring so feel free to draw on it for inspiration:

Sorry to suggest a difficult one! Actually, I feel like you all needed the challenge. Haha. I have not started my costume yet, so I am not one to talk. 😄 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Bananiac said:

No need to move servers, if anybody feels uncomfortable with it. This is an Indom event for me as well, although most of my mains are all on Reunion. 

This is a good point. This started as an Indom event, and I feel that we should preserve that history. It's like the horrorshow when a football team moves to a different city but yet keeps the name and history. Not acceptable! If you move as a business decision, that's one thing. But it's appropriate to change names and start fresh with a new history. So for that reason, The Theme Team should remain on Indomitable!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Eden trial - Punk Rocker costumes

Saturday, 5/14/2022

Thank you all for going along with my theme idea. It was my first one ever. Trixie asked for ideas and this popped into my mind. What a time that was when punk rock was in its infancy. I may be the oldest one in the bunch of us here, but even I was very young when it all started happening! First, the Clash, the Sex Pistols, the Ramones, Iggy Pop, so much astounding music from the mid 70s. Which is almost completely at odds with @Bananiac's cruise last week of ProgRock bands! Hehee, but it's all good, there is room in our universe for every concept. 😄 

I have some comments/questions about everyone's costumes below.

3bsh39H.jpg

TSRBC9T.jpg

So, given all the discussion beforehand about this weeks theme team, I think this worked out absolutely great! Fantastic turn-out, with even a new player filling the last spot so we could field a full team! Welcome @ZekeStenzland and hope to see you around again in the future!

And boy, did we blow out that Titan IN NO TIME! Of all the times I have been going for this, it never went down THAT fast! 🙂 

I know how confusing this trial can be when you do it the 1st time. I still struggle finding my way through there, so it is good to have people knowing what to do and where to go. So thanks for that, made this whole thing a lot more enjoyable.

Re: Theme! Another great showing of faboulousness, people! I was a wee bit sceptical about how to do a decent Punk look when I first read it. But after deciding for a character to use, and digging into the CC, it turns out this was no problem at all! And you can see how well this worked just looking at the pics! Just great!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I absolutely had a blast again running with you guys and thoroughly enjoyed myself! Also, blasting away at hapless mobs added a good part to the fun! So thank you all for making it happen. Great Theme - Great Team! And I am glad we did go for this Trial after all!

Looking at next week, I am probably not gonna make it on saturday, got invited to another friends birthday bash and likely not be at home then. I will prepare a Hippie Toon nonetheless, just because I wanna see what can be done about it! 😎

• Like 3

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

6 hours ago, Jaxman100 said:

We could always look at just having a theme and picking what to do day of. 

That's an interesting idea and one that may work for us. I think it would only work against those of us who choose a character based on the accomplishment badge.

14 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

May 21 – Ernesto Hess (Level 25-30 – Blue Side: Striga Isle) – Hippie costumes – All Controller/Dominator team  

For next week's Hippie Hess, my contribution will be Stroke of Midnight - Dark/Rad Controller

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Midnyte said:

DJRuN5c.jpg

@FrauleinMental, we used the same hair. 🙂 and same vest but different sleeves. What is that belt? I love it. and what is the chest part under your jacket?

Thanks!  The belt is "Leather Studded Belt", close to the bottom of the belt list.  The chest part is "Yakuza 3", at the very bottom of the chest list (it's the one "Yakuza" option without tattoos).

• Like 1

Wow! You guys were busy bees in here yesterday!

@Midnyte The boots are called "Work Boot." I have Black as the first color and White as the second.

I spent an hour yesterday going through the options and this is what I've come up with for the hippie look. I wish I were able to use the tiara (aka headband) and glasses; however, both are under Detail 1. I asked my hubby for his opinions and he said this looks really good for the era, especially with the white platform boots!

image.png.de20e2712407787df17e84caa993c1d1.png

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

LOL I was not expecting everyone to show off their looks. I was building my costumes as I posted that and meant I was curious to see how everyone else interpreted it on Saturday. 🤣 But since y'all have been showing off, these are the two looks I've come up with so far for Hippie Hailey.

screenshot_220515-15-17-46.jpg

screenshot_220515-15-17-09.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 5/15/2022 at 7:05 AM, FrauleinMental said:

Thanks!  The belt is "Leather Studded Belt", close to the bottom of the belt list.  The chest part is "Yakuza 3", at the very bottom of the chest list (it's the one "Yakuza" option without tattoos).

Ah yes, the Yakuza pieces. I should have recognized it from that little bit that is showing. I use those a lot!
the belt... okay, I recognize that now too, it just looked different (better) than usual. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know I haven't been here since the beginning, so forgive me if these are duplicate ideas, but some theme ideas running around in my head:

• Clowns/Jesters
  • Medieval
  • Favorite TV show/movie
  • Fashion Show
  • Favorite toy/some sort of toy theme (see my pfp, she's based off of Polly Pocket)
  • Using a single letter/color/word (e.g., name and outfit must include pieces/names that start with the letter F)
  • Fairies
  • Pride (LGBTQ support)
  • Origin based (e.g., magic, tech, science, etc.)
  • Spies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I know I haven't been here since the beginning, so forgive me if these are duplicate ideas, but some theme ideas running around in my head:

• Clowns/Jesters
  • Medieval
  • Favorite TV show/movie
  • Fashion Show
  • Favorite toy/some sort of toy theme (see my pfp, she's based off of Polly Pocket)
  • Using a single letter/color/word (e.g., name and outfit must include pieces/names that start with the letter F)
  • Fairies
  • Pride (LGBTQ support)
  • Origin based (e.g., magic, tech, science, etc.)
  • Spies

Thanks for the great ideas, Tyger! We have done a couple of those, but we can always do them again 🙂 I will write these down for future themes. You may see a couple of them pop up for June!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Thanks for the great ideas, Tyger! We have done a couple of those, but we can always do them again 🙂 I will write these down for future themes. You may see a couple of them pop up for June!

Yeah, I figured at some point we would start hitting duplicate themes; but luckily some of the ideas we've done lend themselves well to repetition. Glad to have helped spur some ideas for our gang. ^_^ I always love seeing how everyone interprets these.

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
I can't grammars
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/16/2022 at 8:25 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

Yeah, I figured at some point we would start hitting duplicate themes; but luckily some of the ideas we've done lend themselves well to repetition. Glad to have helped spur some ideas for our gang. ^_^ I always love seeing how everyone interprets these.

Wow, I really love all of your ideas. You've been holding back on us! And like Trixie said, we have done at least one exact, "fairies", and a few similar, but no matter. I think this group should be okay with repeats.

"Fashion Show".... wow, we could all use the "walk" action and we'll need a runway, of course. 😄 I'll build one in my base!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Wow, I really love all of your ideas. You've been holding back on us! And like Trixie said, we have done at least one exact, "fairies", and a few similar, but no matter. I think this group should be okay with repeats.

"Fashion Show".... wow, we could all use the "walk" action and we'll need a runway, of course. 😄 I'll build one in my base!

The clowns and medieval ones were the only ones I had floating around before posting; the others I came up with on the spot as I was typing, lol. 😅

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

The clowns and medieval ones were the only ones I had floating around before posting; the others I came up with on the spot as I was typing, lol. 😅

Ha, very cool. @TraumaTrain made lots of evil clowns back in the day. One of them had his own AE farm that was awesome! Who was that, Rich? Clovis?

• Like 3

Oh gosh. I can't even remember all the clowns I made for that AE farm. But, some of the names were Clovis, LoLs the Clown, Punchy the Clown.

They were all EBs. Clovis was the most dangerous because he was a stalker. He'd have Hide on and you wouldn't know he was part of the mob until you were fully engaged.

That was a fun farm. Too bad I don't have those original files anymore.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1