Natural Origin isn't just for sword/SR scrappers

cohRock

11 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

I cant even see a thing in that mass of yellow, however Ive seen more then once in GL comics the ring opening up a wormhole as part of an emergency flair like beacon effect to summon other lanterns in an emergency, I believe it was described as draining a rings energy tremendously to do so. I also seem to recall Hal using one to transport the JL inside a force bubble to meet with the lantern corp.

I mean yeah travel times in space are always wonky in sci fi shows. Until we really do have some ftl/wormhole type means in RL, the different scifi ideas will continue to create the wide and varied ideas on how it may be done.

Its Robin. 

Robin almost kills Green Lantern when painted yellow in a yellow painted room.   Batman has to do a tracheotomy to save him.  Which was rude because it was right after Batman offered GL a glass of Lemonade.  

Ill just chuckle at the second point "Until ..." pfft. 

Edited by Haijinx

15 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

if you trip me I did not accidentally stumble and fall. If you throw something in my face like pepper, I did not have a natural sneeze as a reaction to something naturally in the environment, rather a weaponized substance added to impact me.

Yes, I understand all of this.  I understand Superman is not intended to be as flawed as your average human.  Trust me, I get it.  However, by magical means or some other outside influence, Superman can be forced to do something against his will.  Or are you suggesting he can be forced to sneeze only?

Glen Larson, creator of Battlestar Galactica, was asked once how just how fast a Viper fighter could travel. He responded that they move at the speed of plot. I always take that into consideration when it involves fiction.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Superman (and Flash) are one the biggest victims of X of plot. In one comic they move so fast everything is frozen, and they make plans, argue things, get in position, etc, while in those super speeds. In another comic someone punches him and he can't duck. To me anything that can move and talk and do stuff while everything is frozen is not someone who can be caught unprepared.

In one comic supes breaks chains meant to tow stars from one place to another, in another comic (any, all of them) he is unable to punch some enemies down. In one comic he is strong enough to move the earth (with the help of GL providing an harness), in another it takes all the heavy hitters working together to move the moon.

Readers tend to be super attached to power levels and writers just want to write an epic story that is entertaining to read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

While his origin story has been retold many times to the point of take your pick, a fair few have shown his powers had already begun to manifest in the pod, some due to him getting nearer to our sun, others because he wasnt some super infant still but had actually been in the pod several years and growing the entire time, more a womb then a cryo pod or the like. He was learning the whole time as well which is why in maybe the most beloved film depiction, that of the chris reeves superman, he is a toddler who can lift a truck, and is aware of enough to understand he can do so.

You do realise my post was a joke, right?

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"