Hami Conversion - Please!!

Troo

Can we please get an option to convert Hamidon Origin Enhancements?

but right after fixing Energy Transfer

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

IIRC the reason hamis aren't convertible is because they aren't power-unique like set IOs are, and if they were made convertible you wouldn't be able to slot more than one of a given hami in a given power.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

16 minutes ago, macskull said:

IIRC the reason hamis aren't convertible is because they aren't power-unique like set IOs are, and if they were made convertible you wouldn't be able to slot more than one of a given hami in a given power.

I heard that other servers are doing it.. so...

to be clear I made that up

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

• 1 month later
On 7/29/2020 at 9:18 PM, Troo said:

I heard that other servers are doing it.. so...

to be clear I made that up

And if other servers were jumping off a bridge, would you? *waggles finger.*

😉

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I think hammis should:

1. Be buffed back to their original enhancement strength.

2. Have an equitable drop rate.

3. Be convertible.

This would allow hammis to once again find more use, while also equalize the price of them so microfilaments aren't so ridiculously expensive compared to a ribosome or golgi, or nucleus.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually enjoy the RNG mini game that has actual winners and losers.  Sometimes a micro, sometimes a golgi.  Even the incarnate salvage menu will let you select something useful in the worst case.

The Acc/Dmg HOs provide approximately the same values as VR Acc/Dmg (via superior ATOS or Winter-Os), so, those values sound about right to me.

Is the problem that the Hami-O you want is too expensive for you to buy, or is the problem that the Hami-O you get is too cheap for you to sell?

I think that if you are able to do Hami raids (and presumably several a week if not a night), you probably have the ability to generate enough inf to buy whatever you need.  I wouldn't protest if they made Hami-Os convertible, but it seems like an extreme case of a first-world problem.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Lockpick said:

I find the "we are over powered", the "game is to easy", and the "buff Hami-Os" to be somewhat in congruent.

I definitely agree with this. 

Don't think they need a buff. Being able to convert them does seem reasonable enough depending on level of effort.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Considering I have generally only found a use for the microfilaments +2 in sprint or quickness or the like.... yes please.

I find that many of them are still valuable, although maybe less so than from Live.

Membrane is good in Reinforced

Lysosome is good in Weaken Resolve

Ribosome is good in Tough and other Resist toggles

Enzyme in Radiation Infection

In short, the are plenty of places for Hami-Os.  Interestingly enough, I never thought to put Microfilaments in Swift.  That is a good idea and I will start doing that for my characters that also fly.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
On 9/1/2020 at 11:10 AM, Lockpick said:

Membrane is good in Reinforced

Lysosome is good in Weaken Resolve

Ribosome is good in Tough and other Resist toggles

Enzyme in Radiation Infection

Cytoskeletons are awesome in Invincibility.  I just recently for the 4th one I needed (two each for my two invuln tanks).

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Mmm interesting thoughts...

A hami raid could also yield 80 merits if done once a day, the second is 40 for a total of 120.

That said, you can buy a purple recipe of your choice at the merit vendor for 100 merits, and they sell for as much as the expensive hami.

Also you can buy any winter set enhancement for 100 merits as well!

So why not have the merit vendor also sell Hami enhancements, it can be argued that a good hamy is more expensive at AH than a winter set enhancement, and just as expensive as a good purple enhancement. So what price in merits makes sense? Since a purple recipe is 100 merits, lets just say that a built purple enhancement should be worth 20% more or 120 merits (the mats to make the recipe is about 20% of the price of the recipe in AH; thus I would suggest a hami to be available for 120 merits. After all the value of purples and hamis are subjective. If 120 is used, a player could do the Everlasting server hami raids which are doubles run events, and get the 120 merits in 1 session, note that the 120 would allow the purchase of a winter set enhancement or a purple recipe with 20 merits left in change.

By doing this, it totally precludes the luck of the draw for hami enhancements.

Sue

17 hours ago, MsSmart said:

A hami raid could also yield 80 merits if done once a day, the second is 40 for a total of 120.

First claim each day is 60 reward merits, second and subsequent claims are 40. On Excelsior, there are normally three runs each evening, so that's a maximum of 140 merits, with two runs being enough to get the 100 for a purple recipe or winter IO.

• 3 weeks later
On 10/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, srmalloy said:

First claim each day is 60 reward merits, second and subsequent claims are 40. On Excelsior, there are normally three runs each evening, so that's a maximum of 140 merits, with two runs being enough to get the 100 for a purple recipe or winter IO.

... I definitely end up with a total of 120 if I start with none. Even double checked logs. 80 merits for the first run.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

• 3 weeks later
3 hours ago, Troo said:

Holiday surprise from the dev team?

Baked holiday hami?