Base Inspiration Collector Sound

After some testing I found that the sound is comprised of at least 4 individual sounds looped together. Three of them are:

sound/Ogg/V_base/compAmb2_loop.ogg

sound/Ogg/V_base/computerx7_loop.ogg

sound/Ogg/V_base/electricityhum4_loop.ogg

I've been able to silence each of them individually, so I know for sure those 3 are valid. But when I silence all three, the collector still emanates a rhythmic humming plus a faint electrical crackle. I don't know if that sound is one sound, or two (or more) additional sounds looped together. I searched and searched for that last sound but could not find it, and it did not sound familiar. The remaining sound it makes is much less obnoxious though, so perhaps silencing the three I mentioned will be enough. I've embedded the three sounds below.

sound/Ogg/V_base/compAmb2_loop.ogg:

sound/Ogg/V_base/computerx7_loop.ogg:

sound/Ogg/V_base/electricityhum4_loop.ogg:

Edited by AboveTheChemist
test results

• 3 weeks later
13 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

The fourth sfx should be:

sound/ogg/Tech/zapperM_loop

Yep, that is one of them! There is still a humming sound coming from it, but I'll see if I can track it down.

10 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Yep, that is one of them! There is still a humming sound coming from it, but I'll see if I can track it down.

Don't know, I just check on Beta and silencing those 4 files took care of the Tech Insp Collector for me.

Though Tech base items incessant noise is why I tend to use Arcane items in my bases.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

4 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Don't know, I just check on Beta and silencing those 4 files took care of the Tech Insp Collector for me.

There is definitely one more sound on the live servers. I've checked it in two different bases.

9 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

There is definitely one more sound on the live servers. I've checked it in two different bases.

Don't know what to tell you. Logged into one of my existing bases on live, dropped in an Insp Collector and not a peep.

You sure there isn't some other item present that may be emitting the sfx? Could be something that has the same file in another category. Strange none the less.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 minute ago, Oubliette_Red said:

You sure there isn't some other item present that may be emitting the sfx?

Nope, I picked a quiet corner of my base to test in. Do you have any other sounds silenced? If so it might be one of those.

5 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Nope, I picked a quiet corner of my base to test in. Do you have any other sounds silenced? If so it might be one of those.

The only thing in the Tech folder I currently have silenced is lowpulse2_loop

The only other things that I have that would even come close would be:

V_Powers\elecArmor3_loop
V_Powers\lightningfield2
V_Powers\StaticDischarge1

Nevermind, found it! My insp collector is totally silent now.

sound/Ogg/Powers/glow7_loop.ogg:

found the last sound

8 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Nevermind, found it! My insp collector is totally silent now.

sound/Ogg/Powers/glow7_loop.ogg:

Ah, that explains it. I do have that sfx silenced for another reason. My powers list of silenced sfx is a bit long and I did a cursory glance into that folder for anything that might also hit the collector, must have missed that one. I will update my spreadsheet. Thanks @AboveTheChemist !