fitzsimmons

Thinking about ninja/storm

I haven’t played ninjas since live and I don’t recall what I paired it with but I’m thinking about a chaotic build.  This seems like it could be fun.  I was considering kin but aside from repel, not much mitigation to keep the ninjas up.  I imagine trying to heal them indirectly could be a challenge.

Any ninja stormies have good, bad or indifferent things to say?

Thanks,

Dave

If solo, you might have a decent time.

But in groups people will probably kick you on sight for having hurricane on, and without hurricane your pets might die easily.

Consider /cold, /dark or /time.  With power recoloring and stuff you can easily get away with /time looking like /storm without pissing off the silent majority

Nah, they won’t kick me.  They might quit.  I just have to make sure that I recruit.

I can also kb to kd in everything although the chaos aspect of kb does make me giggle a little.  Or maybe just a kd in hurricane and tornado.  They’d still flop around like fish.

Decisions decisions.

KB to KD =/= repel.

Believe me if the HC devs ever come up with a -repel IO I will start singing praise of Storm.  but until then KoS

Posted (edited)

I think it works because I know it does in the kinetics repel power.  Pretty sure this is used in cane as well.  Will confirm.

Edit: OK, I sit corrected.  I guess the kinetic repel only does knockback but hurricane does repel and knockback.  I'm still going to take it.   I'll just be responsible. *ahem*

Edited by fitzsimmons

The KB>KD IO will pretty much do nothing for hurricane. It repels, and every so often you will see a mob get knocked down.

On 8/3/2020 at 9:21 AM, Xandyr said:

The KB>KD IO will pretty much do nothing for hurricane. It repels, and every so often you will see a mob get knocked down.

Yes it still Repels, but the KB->KD IO stops Hurricane from throwing enemies, so it does tame Hurticane's chaos a bit.

Edited by Dr Causality

I have a 50 Ninja/Storm that I rolled because I had an idea and the test server was down (...the idea I wanted to test did not work...)  Its still fun to play because I love the idea of Ninjas and Storm (thematically.)

But in terms of performance:

*Storm cannot softcap Ninjas.

*Ninjas have very little resistance.

*Storm has just a single target heal.

*Ninjas are melee so can't shoot enemies while hiding inside the safety of your Hurricane.

In sum:  Prepare to re-summon a lot of Ninjas (unless you keep the difficulty settings low.).  If you don't mind that, there's definitely fun to be had.    

But Ninjas are disappointingly fragile and no secondary fixes that. Storm's mitigation just isn't enough without an aoe heal.  And once you're 50 any 2ndary can get KD mitigation from /Bonfire.  Meaning sets with an aoe heal well be much sturdier then
/Storm.  

/Time does the best to shore up Ninjas, with big Def buffs and  aoe heals.   Honorable mention to  /Dark....  

Edited by Dr Causality