Wind Control

If I'm recalling properly from other discussions on this, wind control isn't in a playable state (as in it would need animations, more definitions, balancing, etc.)

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

13 minutes ago, Patti said:

I thought it was done and playable but needed new animations and balancing.

If it were done... it would not need new animations or balancing. Those servers who do have it... have failed to correct either of these issues. So it is out there if you want to join a different server than HC, and aren't looking for the power set to have any unique animations or be even remotely balanced. 

On 8/1/2020 at 2:55 PM, Burnt Toast said:

If it were done... it would not need new animations or balancing. Those servers who do have it... have failed to correct either of these issues. So it is out there if you want to join a different server than HC, and aren't looking for the power set to have any unique animations or be even remotely balanced. 

It’s pretty easy to balance sets in this game... since they all use a base formula to determine damage range recharge etc. It’s assigning the other things they do- and wind control was pretty out there in terms of its effects. I’m sure they could band aid some stuff together to get it playable, but it’d lose a lot of its intended flavor. 

Perhaps it's a bit of jealousy, but every time I see some new tweak to blasters I wish a little more love would reach controllers and doms.  I'd gladly take a control set with recycled animations and visual effects if it meant there was a new one to play.  Wind Control isn't the lowest hanging fruit there (some kind of gadget/grenade set would probably be lower effort) but I'd certainly love to see it in some incarnation.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 6:52 PM, SaddestGhost said:

Perhaps it's a bit of jealousy, but every time I see some new tweak to blasters I wish a little more love would reach controllers and doms. 

Yea.  I mean, I get it.  So far, they've given new sets where they can be available to BIGGEST groups of players / most AT's at once. 

• origin pool sets:  available to literally every character
  • eletrical affinity:  support set, availbe to controllers, defenders, corruptors, and masterminds
  • tweaks to blast sets:   affect blasters, corruptors, defenders, maybe sentinels, 
  • tweaks to armor sets;   brutes, tanks, scrappers, stalkers, maybe sentinels.
  • tweaks to melee sets:   brutes, tanks, scrappers, stalkers.

By contrast.... introducing new Control sets?   affects Controllers and Doms only, and either there's fewer of us, or we're not the squeakiest of wheels.

Introducing new Dom Secondaries?  Affects Dom's only. Nobody else.

New MM primaries?  (or MM customization?)  Affects MM only, nobody else.

So I get we may need patience given limited dev hours.

But I do hope they're planning to sprinkle a few of those in there, along iwth the wider-hitting changes.

29 minutes ago, Troo said:

I wouldn't take that as any kind of commitment or promise from the HC Devs.

though it doesn't seem unreasonable that IF they choose to provide another Control set, they might start with the leftover skeleton and do their best to flesh it out and rebalance it.