/Ice primary recommendations?

Sickraspy

Looking to make a brute with /Ice. i really like the flavor of ice armor. any recommendations on a primary that pairs well with it? i've seen a big theme is that anything can work but i don't have a great knowledge of primary/secondary synergies. any help would be great, thank you!

Dark Melee is really good since you get -To Hit and that's great with a Defense based set. An extra heal button with Siphon Life to help you when you get zinged, I would use Touch of the Nitcus on that to make sure it doesn't miss. Horefrost is more so to for the +Max HP than the heal outright I'll put Numina set here because it give defense when complete the set. two methods to gain End both are PBAOE's Energy Absorption is easy to perma yet Soul Consumption is more so for the damage so you can either go full PBAOE set for it or use one of the newer End sets that give damage buffs. Soul drain is overall the same setup yet this might be how you jump in most groups it buffs your attack and to hit. Go with either a PBAOE set or with Gaussian's To Hit set and 6 it out so you the Def and the proc which will boost your DMG and To Hit even more yet the PBAOE won't do as much. So you may want to pick which one you want to be utility and the other the pure nuke, if you want. You don't want to skip Touch of Fear since that's your largest source of -To Hit and you can put proc it out to do respectable damage via Glimpse of the Abyss and Cloud Senses OR go 6 piece and get more defense with Siphon Insight. You'll get another +To Hit Proc and make that big source of -To Hit even bigger.

Personally I would run Dark/Ice/Soul for safety because Soul gets Blackest Night which is even more -To Hit and -DMG then grab Soul Tentacles for the control.

For the brute sets one should go on Icicles and the other either Smite or Shadow Maul. Shadow Punch can be skipped, if not left at 1 until you want to respec out of it. if you like it it's perfect for the either set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2020 at 3:57 AM, ExeErdna said:

Dark Melee is really good since you get -To Hit and that's great with a Defense based set. An extra heal button with Siphon Life to help you when you get zinged, I would use Touch of the Nitcus on that to make sure it doesn't miss. Horefrost is more so to for the +Max HP than the heal outright I'll put Numina set here because it give defense when complete the set. two methods to gain End both are PBAOE's Energy Absorption is easy to perma yet Soul Consumption is more so for the damage so you can either go full PBAOE set for it or use one of the newer End sets that give damage buffs. Soul drain is overall the same setup yet this might be how you jump in most groups it buffs your attack and to hit. Go with either a PBAOE set or with Gaussian's To Hit set and 6 it out so you the Def and the proc which will boost your DMG and To Hit even more yet the PBAOE won't do as much. So you may want to pick which one you want to be utility and the other the pure nuke, if you want. You don't want to skip Touch of Fear since that's your largest source of -To Hit and you can put proc it out to do respectable damage via Glimpse of the Abyss and Cloud Senses OR go 6 piece and get more defense with Siphon Insight. You'll get another +To Hit Proc and make that big source of -To Hit even bigger.

Personally I would run Dark/Ice/Soul for safety because Soul gets Blackest Night which is even more -To Hit and -DMG then grab Soul Tentacles for the control.

For the brute sets one should go on Icicles and the other either Smite or Shadow Maul. Shadow Punch can be skipped, if not left at 1 until you want to respec out of it. if you like it it's perfect for the either set.

Thanks so much!! I did dark/ice and it’s great. The dark really does help supplement a lot.  I’m at 27 right now and it’s great having two endurance sap abilities as well. 

I definitely need to learn more to figure out sets but currently the build feels really good

thanks!